Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,338 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Spoony Love
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Truly a great thread
Agsquatch
AG
what a weird, wild day. Here's to hoping AMD rises a couple bucks tomorrow so I can continue my streak.
FTAG 2000
AG
Senor Butthead said:

two years salary over the course of 6.
Dude, post your plays.
FJ43
Irish 2.0 said:

Thanks. LIke I said, never been good with understanding flags. Was just a little bored and thought I'd give it a shot

Looks like it took the bear flag approach with a quick drive by check. Tomorrow could be interesting.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FTAG 2000
AG
Natural gas looks to be blowing up.

Have a couple positions that have done well the past week - LNG, PSCE, KMI.
BrokeAssAggie
McInnis 03 said:

BrokeAssAggie said:

Trump just blew past $60.
DWACW $17
still ripping AH.
Dan Scott
AG
It would be so sweet if Trump himself goes on Hannity or somebody tonight to announce the launch date himself.
Agsquatch
AG
I followed WSB and got lucky on FDs then blew up my account a lot, then came into a good bit of money, and blew my account up big time. Pretty much playing >7 dte SPY.
FJ43
Senor Butthead said:

I followed WSB and got lucky on FDs then blew up my account a lot, then came into a good bit of money, and blew my account up big time. Pretty much playing >7 dte SPY.

We've all had rough stretches if you've traded very long at all.

Narrow focus (SPY as an example) where you know something like the back you of your hand is a good approach IMO.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

Dan Scott
AG
GME blasting. Let's go!!!!
Spoony Love
AG
This is what I am doing this year to help out. Narrowing my focus to SPY and a handful of other stocks that I can follow easily. As I get more comfortable, I will add other indexed funds and similarly placed stocks to those I am following.
Irish 2.0
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Agsquatch
AG
FJ43 said:

Senor Butthead said:

Narrow focus (SPY as an example) where you know something like the back you of your hand is a good approach IMO.
yeah but I was also gambling with money I couldn't afford to lose, it's a whole big thing. My risk tolerance was infinite, and I made stupid, stupid decisions. Expensive but very good lessons. Now instead of trading just to trade and be "in the market" so to speak, I am much more judicious with how and what I buy, and have a plan instead of pretending I'm already rich off of OTM calls.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AMC moving AH
Irish 2.0
Sympathetic move with GME. The WSB crowd is in full effect
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
FJ43
Left Gus the market rallly hat behind and have the official huntin hat.

Dried bison, jalepeno and cheese midgets. Prasek's Hillje Smokehouse.

Now I can continue to San Isidro

AgShaun00
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

bought 2 1/21 60 c and sold for little over double and have one riding.
Dan Scott
AG
GME running and now being pumped by CNBC
OutlawAG04
FJ43 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Thanks. LIke I said, never been good with understanding flags. Was just a little bored and thought I'd give it a shot

Looks like it took the bear flag approach with a quick drive by check. Tomorrow could be interesting.

FJ- it looks like a nice doji on the daily spy and the 4 hour looks like it is hitting some pretty nice support. You still holding your 480 lottos?
Dan Scott
AG
CLOV moving with volume in after hours. Meme stocks are in rally mode
Dan Scott
AG
DWAC running again
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

FJ43 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

FJ- it looks like a nice doji on the daily spy and the 4 hour looks like it is hitting some pretty nice support. You still holding your 480 lottos?

I havent looked at a daily yet. Will tonight though.

Yep I'm holding them since lottos but if we don't get a solid bounce tomorrow they are probably toast. Added the AAPL put lottos as a 'hedge' type trade although I took some off above 50%.

Spoony Love
AG
Bullish on Prasek's
Ags2013
AG
Dan Scott said:

CLOV moving with volume in after hours. Meme stocks are in rally mode
Can you tell FUBO
FJ43
Senor Butthead said:

FJ43 said:

Senor Butthead said:

yeah but I was also gambling with money I couldn't afford to lose, it's a whole big thing. My risk tolerance was infinite, and I made stupid, stupid decisions. Expensive but very good lessons. Now instead of trading just to trade and be "in the market" so to speak, I am much more judicious with how and what I buy, and have a plan instead of pretending I'm already rich off of OTM calls.

Sorry you had to go through all that. But it will make you a much better trader having learned those lessons. Keep at it.

FJ43
Spoony Love said:

Bullish on Prasek's

Its impossible for me to pass it by and not buy some. I've not been paying attention and turned around and drove back in the past.

Brewmaster
AG
Senor Butthead said:

start setting tight stop losses any time you jump in to scalp especially. Another tip I like, from drippy (on twitter), buy in on the dip, then as it runs up a little, set your stop at break even. Then you have a can't lose option, but keep in mind exit targets.

and I have been there! I pulled a dumbass move yesterday on the Q's, not honoring stops, should be back green by tomorrow though. I have to stick with my rules 100% of the time, no yolo b.s.
Philip J Fry
AG
How do we get WWR and SAVA on WSBs?
Irish 2.0
Email those Atlas d-bags
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
denied said:

Breaking your rules.

I started trading for myself with a plan in August of '20 that I tested through the end of the year and had some success. I refined those rules and in spring of '21 my refinements proved very successful. I made one last tweak that I put into effect for the second half of the year and I beat the S&P 500 two years in a row (not by a lot last year).

One of my rules is sort of a balance rule, I won't have more than 1/12 of my "Play" money in any one equity. Right now I have T within a single share of my 1/12 rule. I want more (greedy).

Do you ever let yourself temporarily relax your rules, or is it a slippery slope?
Depends on your convictions and how solid you feel about your assessment that breaking the rule IS going to make you money. The old Davy Crockett quote ~ "Just be sure you're right, then go ahead."

Regarding T(AT&T),....T-Mobile released 4QTR results today and T beat T-Mobile on subscription net adds for the QTR. I'm not sure T beat T-Mobile on the yearly number. I am looking at T-Mobile numbers reported and only checking the press releases of what T leadership mentioned in their talk/speech at Citi's AppsEconomy Conference yesterday. T might have some favorable surprises on Jan 26th earnings and I DO NOT like playing earnings. Since T is a LTH in my Div Portfolio, I'm not worried and I hope they knock it out of the park.
OutlawAG04
Philip J Fry said:

How do we get WWR and SAVA on WSBs?
I'm in industrial real estate and it is interesting to see articles come out about the southeast and the expansion of car manufacturers and battery plants in the southeast (see link below). You have to imagine the customer base for WWR is all these southeast players if they can simply secure contracts (which I know we all saw the debate about TSLA and the type of graphite used).

I am a little curious in this article that I didn't know about the 2 battery plants in Georgia with SK Innovation. Too much money to ignore what is developing across the southeast.

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/economic-development/rivian-latest-in-snowball-effect-of-georgia-southeasts-efforts-to-lure-ev-companies-111404?utm_source=outbound_pub_4&utm_campaign=outbound_issue_54417&utm_content=outbound_link_2&utm_medium=email
FJ43
OutlawAG04 said:

FJ43 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Had to look while getting gas from the phone.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't test the 50 EMA (blue line) where I drew a really rough SR level.

denied
Thank you.
irish pete ag06
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Email those Atlas d-bags

Man I hate that I ever found that place.
Agsquatch
AG
just peeked at /NQ and AH on AMD…. I'm not gonna lie I'm fully torqued
First Page Last Page
Page 4812 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.