Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,209 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
Spaceship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
scoodogg said:

Anyone else enjoying ENZC these last two days?

Yep, it's been a glorious two days after weeks of red. I think 2022 will be a big year - lot of ups and downs but more ups than downs.
Triple_Bagger
AG 2000' said:

Triple_Bagger said:

SAVA

Unusual Whales shows someone just bought 1500 1/21 C55s and sold 1500 1/21 P55s. Very bullish
Someone always knows.
Another 250 came in right before close, so that's 1750 of each contract.

Unusual Whales had the "Floor" flag on these options, which means "A trade executed by a floor trader, an exchange member who executes transactions from the floor of the exchange, exclusively for their own account."
cryption
I put just a little more weight mentally to floor trades vs other trades when looking at UW.

Anyone who uses UW - note that alerts aren't buying signals. A few things I look for:

1. Daily Volume over 100k
2. IV 40-120
3. OTM enough to move the underlying
4. Expires within 3 weeks
5. If the alert is already up 5-15% there's a high chance of it running 30-50%
6. first 2 hours / Last hour is where you'll find the best alerts

After an alert I'll check the flow on a stock, see how it's looking. Check the most active chains and see what volume looks like. I'll then check dark pool, I'll very rarely action an alert or anything based off flow unless the dark pool is front loading a move. Disclaimer, I'm bullish by nature so I play calls 99% of the time.
FJ43
Spoony Love said:

I like this move and wished I would have grabbed this before end of day.

I expect to consider $480 or $485 tomorrow morning.

We shall see. Not being able to trade normally I'm relegated to phone app and alerts so only focusing on SPY and Qs. Also why I went out to next week.

I'm just using EMAs and volume vs SR levels is all I'm doing from a phone app to set multiple alerts on hourly, 4 hour and daily SRs. Basic blocking and tackling.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Irish 2.0
Missed this gem
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Brewmaster
AG
cryption said:

McInnis - Unusual Whales. I trade off flow with some real basic TA on trading view. MACD and VWAP are my main indicators.
and who are you? lol. You know your stuff, great posts!
BaylorSpineGuy
Does this refer to SPY? Which stock or ETF?
azul_rain
Tripling down on TQQQ eff it
gougler08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Pretty sure it's SPY...it's the big candle on the minute that happens between 2:50 and 3:00 most days
cryption
Thanks! I'm usually rambling on in discord but figured this thread is where I got started (lurking) so maybe I should contribute something.
CincySwimmer
cryption said:

Thanks! I'm usually rambling on in discord but figured this thread is where I got started (lurking) so maybe I should contribute something.

I just started using Unusual Whales and I am wondering what alerts do you use? Do you have a custom filter that you use, and if so, do you mind sharing what you include in those scans? Today it seemed like I had alerts coming at me all day and I wasn't able to keep track of all of them and I'd love to filter that down.
Dan Scott
AG
Anybody ever use Jon Najarians service?
Irish 2.0
Dan Scott said:

Anybody ever use Jon Najarians service?

But seriously, I wouldn't. It's not worth what they charge.
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
irish pete ag06
AG
cryption said:

I put just a little more weight mentally to floor trades vs other trades when looking at UW.

Anyone who uses UW - note that alerts aren't buying signals. A few things I look for:

2. IV 40-120

After an alert I'll check the flow on a stock, see how it's looking. Check the most active chains and see what volume looks like. I'll then check dark pool, I'll very rarely action an alert or anything based off flow unless the dark pool is front loading a move. Disclaimer, I'm bullish by nature so I play calls 99% of the time.
Really great stuff here.
ProgN
I got a sunburn today

BrokeAssAggie
You have a duty to fulfill, sir.
ProgN
My girl and me in Miami. I've never been here before but it's amazing.
BrokeAssAggie

irish pete ag06
AG
bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

Bought QQQ 1/7 400c at .73

Will cut if loses todays low.
Followed this and sold to leave one net free runner. 2022 I plan to be way more disciplined and follow a lot of what I have learned from this board in 2021.
Boy I hear that.

I have blown up my account a few times this past year. Can't consistently win.

Not quitting though. Even if I have to just trade tiny little options with $100 in my account, I am going to figure this out.
wanderer
Pretty sure FJ was referring to 'mass accumulation' stocks but OA took it as Mastercard (MA)

FJ43
Eyeballing IWM 1/10 228C or 1/12 228/230Cs.

Just a thought.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
ProgN said:

My girl and me in Miami. I've never been here before but it's amazing.

You out kicked your coverage brother.

In FL with you but a loooong way off. Destin area for me.

FJ43
Yep I was checking mass accumulation stocks. I clarified for him just now on Twitter. I need a few to play.

FJ43
irish pete ag06 said:

bmoochie said:

FJ43 said:

Bought QQQ 1/7 400c at .73

Will cut if loses todays low.
Followed this and sold to leave one net free runner. 2022 I plan to be way more disciplined and follow a lot of what I have learned from this board in 2021.
Boy I hear that.

I have blown up my account a few times this past year. Can't consistently win.

Not quitting though. Even if I have to just trade tiny little options with $100 in my account, I am going to figure this out.

Hang tough. Define your disciplines and be relentless about sticking to them.

You'll get it down.

cryption
I'll look at all the alerts to see the overall feel of the market. With Alerts, check the bullet points I posted earlier. The one filter I use is ask side. I generally focus on ask side, and once I've narrowed down a stock to something I want to trade, then I'll look at bid side. It's an overwhelming amount of info at first but when you focus on ask side and IV as your starting criteria you can eliminate a lot of alerts immediately.

When you're looking at flow, I set my filters as such for my initial search:

- Premium Range starting at 10,000
- Spot range up to 1.10 - the reason here is I play options generally under 1.00 / contract so I can buy multiple contracts
- Ask side
- Calls / puts

In emojis I remove ETF and Index. This is how I identify stuff to trade, plus I have 4 or 5 stocks I'm kinda always tracking. I like to have a couple stocks in each sector on my watchlist so for example if tech is doing poorly I focus on consumer defense. Stocks like TSLA and AAPL and indexes have so many unique option trades that it's really difficult to decipher. I don't do much in the way of complicated plays, I identify something that the whales are going to move the price on, buy a few calls, and scale out when it moves. I try not to hold things for more then a few days, and I like to buy a couple weeks out so theta decay doesn't kill me. Sometimes it can take a while for a setup to move - and you want to watch the flow because it can reverse on you - so make sure to use a SL based on support levels.

This got buried on the last page - but these are kinda my bullet points i run down with any alert

2. IV 40-120

In the flow, if you see a bunch of contracts come across at once - all within a few seconds, often times that is a whale breaking up their buy. That's the kinda thing I'm looking for. Large floor trades, that's something I'll look at and dig into the flow more. I have a few things that I look for specifically before I jump into anything - dark pool being one of them. I really like to see volume in the dark pool pick up a lot without a big move in the price. Then look for some OTM calls 2-3 weeks out - that's a good sign they'll push the price up

FJ43
OA possible trade here. Also gap fill potential.

ATVI right MT from high of gap day to low. Over here and gap fill. Crude chart since from phone and a fat finger.

cryption
Here's an example of something I like:

OXY looks like it's going to potentially continue to run. Plus the call volume on energy is moving. Rotation into energy? Dunno but I'm keeping my eye on OXY tomorrow. I'd be interested in what TA says about OXY that's my weakness. I'm not confident enough yet to put money down, there's a good bit of put interest as well, but if it's at the top of tomorrow's watchlist

CincySwimmer
cryption said:

I'll look at all the alerts to see the overall feel of the market. With Alerts, check the bullet points I posted earlier. The one filter I use is ask side. I generally focus on ask side, and once I've narrowed down a stock to something I want to trade, then I'll look at bid side. It's an overwhelming amount of info at first but when you focus on ask side and IV as your starting criteria you can eliminate a lot of alerts immediately.

When you're looking at flow, I set my filters as such for my initial search:

- Premium Range starting at 10,000
- Spot range up to 1.10 - the reason here is I play options generally under 1.00 / contract so I can buy multiple contracts
- Ask side
- Calls / puts

In emojis I remove ETF and Index. This is how I identify stuff to trade, plus I have 4 or 5 stocks I'm kinda always tracking. I like to have a couple stocks in each sector on my watchlist so for example if tech is doing poorly I focus on consumer defense. Stocks like TSLA and AAPL and indexes have so many unique option trades that it's really difficult to decipher. I don't do much in the way of complicated plays, I identify something that the whales are going to move the price on, buy a few calls, and scale out when it moves. I try not to hold things for more then a few days, and I like to buy a couple weeks out so theta decay doesn't kill me. Sometimes it can take a while for a setup to move - and you want to watch the flow because it can reverse on you - so make sure to use a SL based on support levels.

This got buried on the last page - but these are kinda my bullet points i run down with any alert

2. IV 40-120

In the flow, if you see a bunch of contracts come across at once - all within a few seconds, often times that is a whale breaking up their buy. That's the kinda thing I'm looking for. Large floor trades, that's something I'll look at and dig into the flow more. I have a few things that I look for specifically before I jump into anything - dark pool being one of them. I really like to see volume in the dark pool pick up a lot without a big move in the price. Then look for some OTM calls 2-3 weeks out - that's a good sign they'll push the price up

Thank you for sharing. It will definitely take some time to get used to but i appreciate the sharing of knowledge!
Dan Scott
AG
There was a WoodMac document I saw last year that had OXY's free cash flow accelerating faster than most other at oil above 75 because they are leveraged to oil. Lots of people bullish oil and OXY still below its pre-COVID low
lobwedgephil
gougler08 said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Pretty sure it's SPY...it's the big candle on the minute that happens between 2:50 and 3:00 most days
Not SPY, market wide end of the day closing orders. Funds report open orders to buy or sell stocks end of day.

https://marketchameleon.com/Reports/StockOrderImbalanceReport

cryption
Sorry to flood the thread, here's one other thing I'm playing - I'm like 60% confident on this one but it's got a lot of things I like about it - General Motors. I entered a 1/21 70c and here is my logic -

1. Pretty bullish on that 1/21 strike
2. While not the top chain, it's got a lot of OI increase - plus all the other chains of interest are a good bit OTM
3. Look at that dark pool volume! It's moving up and people keep buying.
4. Lots of 80c came across right at close

With these combined I think GM will continue its move up. Is it a play for todays F move? Dunno but I banked on that this morning. It's down pretty bigly after hours right now, so I'll be watching flow at open to see what happens. Right now I'm bullish

FJ43
cryption said:

Here's an example of something I like:

OXY looks like it's going to potentially continue to run. Plus the call volume on energy is moving. Rotation into energy? Dunno but I'm keeping my eye on OXY tomorrow. I'd be interested in what TA says about OXY that's my weakness. I'm not confident enough yet to put money down, there's a good bit of put interest as well, but if it's at the top of tomorrow's watchlist

Rough since from a phone app but from a TA perspective went to left hand side. Reason for chart candles being so tight and small.

Notice where today's gap and run pinged. Hit an SR level and stopped. That's the dotted yellow line. The fib goes back to mid 2018 and notice the action at levels since.

Without having my normal system to fluidly dig in, resistance should be about 35 and larger at 38.50. Both ish.

Guess...possibly tries another move but consolidates in the small circle prior to another push to/above 38.5....ish gap fill.

None of the above takes into consideration fundamentals.

cryption
That 1/7 35c has a bit of activity. But so does the 25p... so consolidation and chop for a bit does seem like the name of the game. Thanks for the insight!

FJ43
cryption said:

Sorry to flood the thread, here's one other thing I'm playing - I'm like 60% confident on this one but it's got a lot of things I like about it - General Motors. I entered a 1/21 70c and here is my logic -

1. Pretty bullish on that 1/21 strike
2. While not the top chain, it's got a lot of OI increase - plus all the other chains of interest are a good bit OTM
3. Look at that dark pool volume! It's moving up and people keep buying.
4. Lots of 80c came across right at close

With these combined I think GM will continue its move up. Is it a play for todays F move? Dunno but I banked on that this morning. It's down pretty bigly after hours right now, so I'll be watching flow at open to see what happens. Right now I'm bullish

Again from a phone and quick.

Pulling a 30k here.

See the ATR? GM doesn't like +3 ATR nor do many other stocks.

Guess...from a TA perspective pulls back and consolidated prior to much more of a move. That's not to say there isn't a day 2 move up.

Not sure what moved it just looking at charts quickly.

cryption
Thanks that's super helpful. Shakes my confidence a bit, but I really am interested to see what GM does in the morning. That dark pool volume really has me thinking there's still more room to run - but I'm pretty excellent at losing money. I keep my plays short generally, so things I find I sell pretty quick when they're green. My 2022 goal is to actually learn more TA then I currently use.
First Page Last Page
Page 4802 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.