Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,278 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Talon2DSO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AMD going to help us this week?
lobwedgephil
Yeah, not my work, done by a professional EW trader, just figured you would be interested as you are the resident EW'er.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I'm sure it exists, but intraday reversal scans and automatic alerts on support / resistance for stocks.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Philip J Fry
AG
Have you used https://scanz.com/?

Also, I've added 5ema, 10ema, 20ema, and 120ema's to my screen. Based on that, I'm going to take a hard look at AGO and WHD this week.

Both have MACD buy signals and the 5ema recently crossed over the 120ema. Will see how it goes.

Also, I thought I had sharing turned on. Here's the right link to the spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZiKugoHiGAwW082D4VTM6swIGgEsFrwB2zEx2aDoAfw/edit?usp=sharing
mazag08
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Yeah, not my work, done by a professional EW trader, just figured you would be interested as you are the resident EW'er.

Love it. Thanks.
austinAG90
AG

US equities futures have started off where they left last year, setting new records on the first morning of trading in the New Year...S+P futures are trading right at their highs of up over 30 points... Nasdaq is also up over 120 points...Tesla is the big mover, up about 8%, on soaring numbers... Can it last? We doubt it, but the first 5 trading days of every year are critical, as is the full month of January, to the outlook for the full year of 2022...

Treasuries just started to trade in the last few minutes as both Japan, the UK, and China, are closed today... They are lower, as even with the record covid cases, few are changing their year end outlooks and the Fed looks to be very Hawkish through at least the beginning of the year... 5 years are back to 1.30 and 10 years 1.53, but we do not think this is the day they will be breaking down... We see support at 1.34 5 years and 1.60 10 years...

Fed...The FOMC minutes Wednesday will be show the details of Fed thinking at the last meeting... Was the doubling of tapering supported by the group?... Is transitory really dead or have the semantics changed?... Will the end of tapering be a prelude to tightening as soon as the March meeting? We also have two Fed governors speak this week with Bullard on Thursday and Daly Friday...

Economy... Covid cases have soared to 10 million in the latest week, breaking all records... But the effects have been muted to cold like symptoms...There has been a dramatic impact on the supply of workers, forcing many businesses to temporarily shut down, as well as 1000's of airline cancellations... This has caused both Jefferies and Moody's to alter their first quarter GDP outlook, but not their year end... Demand continues to be off the charts. Jefferies cut its first quarter growth forecast from 6.6% to 1.5%... Moody's from 5% to 2%... But forecasts for the whole of 2022 are largely unchanged among analysts.

Employment Numbers... There are two pages of Economic numbers this week on the BB ECO page... But the big one is the employment number on Friday, with the current expectation 400...with a 4.1% unemployment rate... We think this is important for how the Fed thinks, but we doubt that any one number will change their view...CPI and PPI are out next week.

While Tsla is up 76 points right now, that is just one stock in the world of 5000+.. There are many strategies that are currently in vogue... One of which Barron's put out that investors have been selling tremendous amount of puts short that expire in January and February with strike prices that are far below the associated stocks market price... That inspired their headline " Why Some Traders are Betting on a Sharp Decline for the Stock Market"... Translated this means that if equities slump in the next two months there will be an acceleration need to sell stocks further due to all the puts sold short... While that is a concern, we think the huge delevering we saw from hedge funds in the last quarter of the year, will be reversed in the beginning of this quarter...
We have always watched Ray Dalio, through good and bad over the last decade,,, but we were surprised to see this in BB over the weekend..."Like many of its macro peers, the firm's Pure Alpha II flagship fund has struggled for the past decade, returning an annualized 1.6% for the 10 years through November. The fund has had a strong December, gaining 7.8% through Wednesday, putting it on pace to have its best year since 2018. " 1.8% return for the last decade, we think we will pass on this one...

CCC were the best performers in 2021... Returns were 8.6%, one of the few bonds that outperformed inflation...CCC yields plunged 69 basis in December to close the year at 6.82%, the biggest monthly decline in 12 months and fell 30 basis for the year... Can they repeat this?

Equities are on fire in a risk on mood... Can it last... All we can say is it looks like we will set another record today... But we expect it to be a tricky year with the Fed pulling back from accommodation... Happy New Year.
BrokeAssAggie
SOFI chart looks ready to make a break to the up side.
AgCPA95
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I am going to lmao when Tsla runs in pre-market, flushes around 9:30 AM, bases for a couple hours to freak out retail and then takes off.

Up about 7% pre-market.
Agsquatch
AG
it's a great day when you make more money trading than you do at work

Thanks, AMD!
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
WWR is doing a little something…
djmeen95
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

WWR is doing a little something…

We percolating?

tam2002
AG
People buying back WWR from late November/early December tax losses I bet
Philip J Fry
AG
SAVA is pushing towards an 5ema breakout. Last time it did that, expect it to try for 55.
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

Added AMD 1/21 125C at 21.53
You beautiful *****!!
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Congrats if you jumped in for some T on 12/31 from my post.
T = $25.32 / +$0.72,...so far. (up about $0.67) from when I posted. If it breaks $25.66 (maybe tomorrow), should see $27 pretty quick.
spud1910
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

T = $25.32 / +$0.72,...so far. (up about $0.67) from when I posted. If it breaks $25.66 (maybe tomorrow), should see $27 pretty quick.
I got in. Thanks. Looking good.
Brewmaster
AG
Mouse rockets!

DIS, looks like if it holds over 157 we gots a runner.
Philip J Fry
AG
Philip J Fry said:

SAVA is pushing towards an 5ema breakout. Last time it did that, expect it to try for 55.

Okay Fry. You're up 10% today. You're gonna sell 5% of your shares right?
Agsquatch
AG
Senor Butthead said:

it's a great day when you make more money trading than you do at work

Thanks, AMD!
when you make more money trading than you do working a week
McInnis 03
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I bought JAN 25c's this morning because of your post. Thank you sir.
FTAG 2000
AG
How we feel about AAPL? Bought some puts that are trending the wrong way.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

You should've cut them when it reclaimed the 5DMA. Shouldn't have bought them to begin with honestly. If it clears 181.40, it is going for 183.5
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Talon2DSO
AG
Everything is heading up today. I took the opportunity to capture gains by selling my options while they were green.
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

AG 2000' said:

You should've cut them when it reclaimed the 5DMA. Shouldn't have bought them to begin with honestly. If it clears 181.40, it is going for 183.5
Thanks. Lowest I have on my charts is the 8 DEMA, looks like I need to add the 5 and factor that in.
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

Here we go
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

Honestly, I'd buy any pullbacks to 178-179 right now and would only consider shorts below 177.50
Irish 2.0
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Here we go

Maybe not…
BaylorSpineGuy
New resolution this year is to take money from the market, not give it. Learned some lessons this year and thankful I haven't hurt myself or family financially.

Let's get this!

Oh and Sic 'em, Bears! Our MBB team looks great and FB finished off Ole Miss in grand fashion.
BaylorSpineGuy
Just bought BTI leaps (holding shares in trading account). Also bought long dated DIS calls ITM.
spud 1910 and McInnis 03 - Way to go! Welcome aboard!

Okay, one more if this fits for you,....if you own T shares in a Traditional IRA or a Rollover IRA and plan to hold long term (LTH).....consider this if you can execute based on your taxable profile.....CONVERT the T shares from your Traditional IRA or a Rollover IRA into your Roth IRA before January 6th and the dividend will pay to your Roth IRA. You save the federal tax on that dividend if you have plans to Convert those T shares at some point in your life, just Convert now, if possible.
Irish 2.0
What is with the rocket up MVIS ass?
PSA - For those that are currently 61 or 62 years old

Check your calendar and birthday for impact as it relates to the paragraph below.

Depending on birthdate, and obviously your age, you will want to exit Tax Exempt investments this calendar year - IF - you think they will have an impact on your Medicare Premiums when you apply at age 65. Medicare reaches backwards for your last 2 years of tax filings to determine your Medicare Monthly Premiums when you apply. Tax Exempt Investments can increase your monthly premiums. It may be beneficial to exit those Tax Exempt Investments now as you plan for the future. This may impact you, or it may not,...just posting for those that need to look into it. Everyone's math is different..
TriumphForks
AG
tam2002 said:

People buying back WWR from late November/early December tax losses I bet
Welcome back WWR harvesters. Unlike 2021 may the rains be plentiful in 2022 and the WWR crop yield tenfold, or hundredfold!
FTAG 2000
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

What is with the rocket up MVIS ass?
They've got a press conference set for Wednesday at CES.

Speculation is they'll be announcing a new product or merger.
First Page Last Page
Page 4795 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.