Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,083,177 Views | 231801 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Michael Cera Palin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where did you get the raw data to download?
McKinney Ag69
AG
Is anyone mirroring these Nancy Pelosi trades? They always hit. You know exactly why.

Bulldog73
AG
Out of ignorance, what platform allows you to see/track that? Following the trades of her and others seems like a good strategy.
McKinney Ag69
AG
It's the IRIS app. You can download it for free from the App Store. They removed this account tracking Nancy's trades from Twitter. Gee, I wonder why. Don't forget Paul and Nancy pelosi reside in the silicone valley, so they have inside information on these tech companies. They also front run any legislation coming out that will affect these stocks.
Philip J Fry
AG
That data came from yahoo finance. Next set will probably be alphavantage
Michael Cera Palin
AG
I use Matlab on a near daily basis, think the nuts and bolts of your little project is pretty cool. I might try playing around with the data for fun. Thanks.
Philip J Fry
AG
Before I became a mid-level manager, I did as well. My coding skills are certainly rusty and I have to constantly remind myself I'm not in objective-c.
frankm01
Bulldog73 said:

Out of ignorance, what platform allows you to see/track that? Following the trades of her and others seems like a good strategy.
Try congresstrading.com on twitter (@congresstrading). Not sure if it's better or worse than any other app, but this is what I use.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I couldn't code anything at this point without serious time investment. The languages have changed so much.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Michael Cera Palin
AG
If you were to "build" a stock tracking/screening tool from the ground up what would you want it to be able to do (that isn't already done/doable with available investment software)?
Philip J Fry
AG
finviz has almost everything I want, which I find highly irritating.

I want 5, 10, 20, 120 EMA's and the ability to track when the 5 has crossed or is nearing each of those. As best I can tell, finviz only does simple moving averages. It also doesn't do MACD, which I find odd. RSI to Stock Divergence would be helpful as well.

I'd also like something that tracked negative/positive news to compliment the technical aspect. You know, sometimes the stock gapped down because the company sucks. Technical trading doesn't really capture any of that.

My ultimate goal is to turn the matlab code into trading bot that I can run while I'll in the office. If there is software out there that does this sort of thing already, I'd love to know about it.

Ragoo
AG
Option alpha
Michael Cera Palin
AG
My thought process with this was along the lines of finding what people on TexAgs want, that they can't already get through an available software, and put that into a shareable Python code. I imagine most people here don't have access to Matlab, but are tech savvy enough to download Python and Spyder and click "run" on a script already provided to them.
Philip J Fry
AG
Place in line: #261497

Ragoo
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Place in line: #261497

i didn't realize it was limited in users.
Tibbers

Looks like big money is going shopping for web3 in 2022
Tibbers
https://microcapdaily.com/humbl-inc-otcmkts-hmbl-big-reversal-and-moving-northbound-as-fintech-brings-celebrities-on-board-and-plans-to-up-list/

Web3 you say? Hmm, what company fits that bill to a T??
bmks270
AG
Is that pulling new data every day?
Is there an api to access the data, or you download in cvs format, or what?
Philip J Fry
AG
That's my plan, yes. Or at least once a week.

alphavantage has an api. Yahoo just has daily historical data in csv form.
bmks270
AG
Got it.

Matlab is a nice tool.

Do you have a scrapper that downloads the csv for each stock or is there like a master file you download with all of the data?
Philip J Fry
AG
Just a scrapper. So a csv for each ticker
Philip J Fry
AG
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZiKugoHiGAwW082D4VTM6swIGgEsFrwB2zEx2aDoAfw/edit?usp=sharing

This is the raw output from my code before doing any filtering if you want to play around some.
SF2004
AG
Tibbers said:

Looks like big money is going shopping for web3 in 2022
Ignorance in that video.

The pure infrastructure of the payments rails that would need to be replaced it astronomical. The expense of merchants, banks, etc.

They don't even realize in that video how much of our payments still move on CHECK and they think 2022 is going to move to trash crypto projects?
Tibbers
While there are plenty of trash crypto projects, there is no doubt the gains out there on new rails backed by the blockchain. All it would take is a major player like Amazon to start using these new forms of digital currency. When that occurs and the gains show therein, it will be a scramble for others to adopt. The vampiric 2-3% siphon by credit cards is about to be challenged in a major way.
AgShaun00
AG
What is point of deep ITM leaps for pelosi?
ProgN

Howdy gang! I know it's late but I just got back from banned camp again.

My girlfriend and I leave for Miami tomorrow afternoon, so I won't be on as much this coming week.
Ragoo
AG
AgShaun00 said:

What is point of deep ITM leaps for pelosi?
synthetic long without paying full equity price.
BrokeAssAggie
Will this have any affect on US markets?

azul_rain

TSLA going up ?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/tesla-smashes-quarterly-delivery-record-sees-sales-surge-87-in-2021-11641150700?mod=home-page

Here we go!
azul_rain

LFG!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I am going to lmao when Tsla runs in pre-market, flushes around 9:30 AM, bases for a couple hours to freak out retail and then takes off.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
mazag08
AG
If anyone wants a solid put candidate over the first 3-5 months of the year..

CF. S&P materials sector. It's topped off and Im looking for it to retrace to $40-$45. May $40 strike is extremely heavy with interest compared to other strikes. Materials sector is actually going up right now but there should be a top off Feb/March with a significant retrace. So this is kind of going against the sector grain. But it's ahead of a lot of the other materials companies on the timeline.
lobwedgephil
For you, lol.

mazag08
AG
Nice, although I'd rather see it on log scale with fibs calculated with log.

But you can see that the last decade has been an unprecedented bull market. Now we're in the choppy diagonal part of it.

I have one dating back to civil war from Avi Gilburt. Need to find it. He has the next recession dubbed "crypto bubble / credit bubble pop".
First Page Last Page
Page 4794 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.