Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,087,476 Views | 231833 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just a gut thought here but I see a consolidation trend forming. Lots of volatility but all based within a range over the last month. Looking at a week chart.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone in SHMP? It's up a little these past few days. Certainly a hit or miss stock but curious to see it gaining steam any time it gets around .30.
BrokeAssAggie
Normal market hours today, right?
Irish 2.0
Yes
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
gougler08
AG
Monday too, it's weird to not have any downtime for New Years
62strat
AG
PearlJammin said:

62strat said:

BREwmaster said:

62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises
I don't think people who take cruises listen to the CDC. Don't expect this to have an impact on bookings.

I'm pissed disney is requiring vax for all passengers starting 2022, the year my parents book a big trip for the whole family. I really don't want my 6&7 year old to get it so soon.
skip it. I would not let anyone ever put that trash being called a vaccine into my son. Not for anything, and not for a cruise. Lots of kids are having heart problems, run, not walk away.
unfortunately it was all booked and paid for long before the vax requirement announcement.

Fire up the scanner and Microsoft paint. If they're changing the rules so should you.
I will definitely be looking into their method of checking vaccination.

If it's anything like my experience in SF,CA a few weekends ago, it was a quick glance at card at best and would be easy enough to circumvent.
Bird Poo
AG
62strat said:

PearlJammin said:

62strat said:

BREwmaster said:

62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises
I don't think people who take cruises listen to the CDC. Don't expect this to have an impact on bookings.

I'm pissed disney is requiring vax for all passengers starting 2022, the year my parents book a big trip for the whole family. I really don't want my 6&7 year old to get it so soon.
skip it. I would not let anyone ever put that trash being called a vaccine into my son. Not for anything, and not for a cruise. Lots of kids are having heart problems, run, not walk away.
unfortunately it was all booked and paid for long before the vax requirement announcement.

Fire up the scanner and Microsoft paint. If they're changing the rules so should you.
I will definitely be looking into their method of checking vaccination.

If it's anything like my experience in SF,CA a few weekends ago, it was a quick glance at card at best and would be easy enough to circumvent.

Count on it being a quick check. It's all theatre to avoid getting sued.
Spoony Love
AG
Volume seems normal so far this morning unless I am missing something. Was thinking it would be down as mentioned earlier by someone.
FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

Volume seems normal so far this morning unless I am missing something. Was thinking it would be down as mentioned earlier by someone.
SPY is about 15% of the average daily volume of last 30 days.

We should be just under 25% of average daily volume at this point.

Same story for QQQ.

IWM is at 19%, so a bit closer to average volume but still lagging.
Triple_Bagger
Spoony Love said:

Relative volume on macros is around 50%, consistent with how it's been all week. Very low volume week, as was expected. I expect volume to drop off throughout today.

McInnis 03
AG
If y'all noticed, looks like moderators cleaned this up.....

Try to stay on trading.

<3
Ragoo
AG
Consolidation thru January? Check the weekly spy and QQQ.
Spoony Love
AG
I take back my volume comment. Did everyone just close up shop after the first hour?
Irish 2.0
Spoony Love said:

I take back my volume comment. Did everyone just close up shop after the first hour?

Lunch time ET on NYE. Adios
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Irish 2.0

Some decent calls coming in
Agsquatch
AG
wanderer
Diamond handing my net free+ 12/31 SPX 4780/4800/4820 fly. Come on SPX! Push it up a tad.
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

Diamond handing my net free+ 12/31 SPX 4780/4800/4820 fly. Come on SPX! Push it up a tad.

I like your position here.
cageybee77
AG
ARDS with some interesting "behavior".
BrokeAssAggie
Happy NYE,
Agsquatch
AG
Bot more AMD 155c Jan 20
wanderer
It's taking a lot to not unload it. Can get ~5.40 credit right now.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Okay. Here's one you might think about. (Transparency - I own a **** ton of T)

T, if you haven't followed it has been sinking for approx 7 months. Lot's of points as to why and why not. Moving on,... There has been a lot of selling volume of T starting 11/30. T hit the 52 week low at $22.02 on 12/15. T book value is $22.94. Currently at $24.65. There's a lot of folks that believe T was sold heavily in late Nov/early Dec for tax harvesting this year to offset some gains from other stocks.

If tax harvesting has been happening to T, take a look at the volumes traded on 11/30, 12/1, 12/2 and 12/3.

11/30 = 139.34mil
12/1 = 80.31mil
12/2 = 80.02mil
12/3 = 70.52mil

These 4 days were monster moves.

The 65 Day Average is 53.73mil.

The first 3 of those days had an approximately $1 trading range and the 4th day was almost a $1.

If these positions were sold to tax harvest, they can rebuy after day 31 to avoid wash-sale.

To me, it looks like a possible rally for T starting January 3rd if those tax harvesters want to re-establish a position, I believe they will. That would be A LOT of buying taking place starting 1/3..

I think the rally will happen and to further support this claim. If you buy T today, or through 1/6, (1/7 is EX EFF Date) you will be paid a $0.52 dividend. Over 8%. It makes sense to re-establish the T position (especially if you were long T and tax harvested) if you want continue holding T long term as a lot of retirees do.

Agsquatch
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

T, if you haven't followed it has been sinking for approx 7 months. Lot's of points as to why and why not. Moving on,... There has been a lot of selling volume of T starting 11/30. T hit the 52 week low at $22.02 on 12/15. T book value is $22.94. Currently at $24.65. There's a lot of folks that believe T was sold heavily in late Nov/early Dec for tax harvesting this year to offset some gains from other stocks.

If tax harvesting has been happening to T, take a look at the volumes traded on 11/30, 12/1, 12/2 and 12/3.

11/30 = 139.34mil
12/1 = 80.31mil
12/2 = 80.02mil
12/3 = 70.52mil

The first 3 of those days had an approximately $1 trading range and the 4th day was almost a $1.

If these positions were sold to tax harvest, they can rebuy after day 31 to avoid wash-sale.

To me, it looks like a possible rally for T starting January 3rd if those tax harvesters want to re-establish a position, I believe they will. That would be A LOT of buying taking place starting 1/3..

I think the rally will happen and to further support this claim. If you buy T today, or through 1/6, (1/7 is EX EFF Date) you will be paid a $0.52 dividend. Over 8%. It makes sense to re-establish the T position (especially if you were long T and tax harvested) if you want continue holding T long term as a lot of retirees do.

Dividends can and generally are adjusted down. Only time you see 8% like that is in some MLP or other energy sector ****ery
It's 8.44% Yield shown today.
If you'd like 10%+ take a look at PDI.

ETA: I'll be entering this one on 1/3 or 1/4. I'm locked done in money and positions and have to hold activity until 2022. Otherwise, I'd be in it today.
denied
Senor Butthead said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

11/30 = 139.34mil
12/1 = 80.31mil
12/2 = 80.02mil
12/3 = 70.52mil

Dividends can and generally are adjusted down. Only time you see 8% like that is in some MLP or other energy sector ****ery

The 0.52 is locked in. They made the declaration on that 12/16. AT&T is also known as a solid dividend stock, and the 8+% yield right now is because of the artificially low price. If it was at its 52 week high, the yield would be in the neighborhood of 6%.

I like the tax harvesting theory. It also makes sense because lots of investors are kind of leery about T right now since we don't know the plans for the WarnerMedia spin-off. Harvest and buy-in on the new year when you still get the dividend and maybe we know what is happening with WarnerMedia.
kyle field 94
AG
Regarding the 52 cent dividend. Why do you think that this will be any different than any other dividend?

Why won't the stock price open up 52 cents lower in ex dividend day?
FTAG 2000
AG
Today was an I hate stops day.

Bought a TSLA 1075 put for 1/7 when it was at 1076 for 32.5. Set a traiing stop of 1.25 on it as I was headed to the store. That got tripped out while I was gone. Made $125 off it.

It's sitting here at 41.70 now, was actually at 44 at one point.

BaylorSpineGuy
BHP also with a fat divvy. Has been as high as 80s this year, now at 60. Fell as low as 50-51 before rebounding. Pays $4 twice per year. Next divvy set to come in March. Chart looks favorable and $4 divvy twice annually on a $60 stock…..nearly 15% divvy!
I'm not "denied", but that axiom you state is not 100%.
BrokeAssAggie

denied
I fully expect the price to be adjusted lower on the exdiv, but that doesn't change that the dollar amount of the dividend is now fixed. It isn't like the board has forecast a 52 cent quarterly dividend for '22, this is a declared dividend and can't be adjusted.
Check this link

https://www.nasdaq.com/market-activity/stocks/t/dividend-history
Thanks! Another buy for me in 2022. Appreciate it!
First Page Last Page
Page 4792 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.