Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,085,119 Views | 231811 Replies | Last: 5 min ago by bhanacik
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises
I don't think people who take cruises listen to the CDC. Don't expect this to have an impact on bookings.

True. But the initial reaction caused a dump in the cruise lines and airlines
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
62strat
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises
I don't think people who take cruises listen to the CDC. Don't expect this to have an impact on bookings.

I'm pissed disney is requiring vax for all passengers starting 2022, the year my parents book a big trip for the whole family. I really don't want my 6&7 year old to get it so soon.
Triple_Bagger
Yeah, that's a tough situation. Maybe that will change after Omicron sweeps through the population and everyone is immune. I won't be surprised if we break 1M daily cases in this country next week.
Triple_Bagger
Yeah, I wasn't too happy because I'm holding CCL leaps, but I think this is a buying opportunity. Might give it another week or two for Omicron fear mongering to peak before doubling down on my cruise and airline plays.
McInnis 03
AG
62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises

I'm pissed disney is requiring vax for all passengers starting 2022, the year my parents book a big trip for the whole family. I really don't want my 6&7 year old to get it so soon.

We need a texag pharma who will inject the syringe in the trash for an Andrew Jackson.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Bought some $HPQ AH. Cut below 36
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

Yeah, I wasn't too happy because I'm holding CCL leaps, but I think this is a buying opportunity. Might give it another week or two for Omicron fear mongering to peak before doubling down on my cruise and airline plays.

I like it. If we get some panic there may be some great opportunities for call debit spreads for Jan23 and Jan24 expiries. I'll be watching airlines with strikes near the early Nov peaks up to just under the Mar2021 peaks. I'll try to spread it out with AAL, DAL, LUV, and UAL just like I did in Mar-Apr2020 and in Jul-Aug2020.

If I don't see anything that looks really good, I'll hold off for now.
agdaddy04
AG
Since this is where I post most of my time on Texags, figured I'd put this here. Say a prayer tonight for eastern Boulder county, CO. Some downed power lines sparked some fires and the 80-100 mph wind gusts aren't helping. Luckily snow is in the forecast for tomorrow.
Irish 2.0
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
sts7049
AG
I was listening to the scanners. awful event unfolding there, hundreds of homes burned
Red Rover
AG
Will the market response to this be more moves delayed until after OPEX? More or less conformation to max pain? Premiums continue to be larger relative to IV and Greeks?
Brewmaster
AG
62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises

skip it. I would not let anyone ever put that trash being called a vaccine into my son. Not for anything, and not for a cruise. Lots of kids are having heart problems, run, not walk away.
Spoony Love
AG
I would think a good response to this trend is to move more into stocks than options. Large investment firms are predatory by nature and if the uptick in option action is from retail investors, I would expect some heavy squeezing happening in OTM areas since that is where many retail investors would be landing.

Maybe sticking close to ITM or ATM options could be a good strategy
bmks270
AG
Spoony Love said:

I would think a good response to this trend is to move more into stocks than options. Large investment firms are predatory by nature and if the uptick in option action is from retail investors, I would expect some heavy squeezing happening in OTM areas since that is where many retail investors would be landing.

Data shows out of the money long options have the lowest expected return. People looking for lottery tickets.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'd say yes to considering more shares than options if the trend continues. Also look into selling options more or playing multi-leg trades for theta, such as condors, credit spreads, or diagonals. Shift from profiting from price movement to profiting from premiums.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
bmks270 said:

Spoony Love said:

Data shows out of the money long options have the lowest expected return. People looking for lottery tickets.

Yes you just have to look for good opportunities. I made a killing selling $150 calls on my SAVA shares for next February. Just have to look for those situations, sell the way OTM calls, and be satisfied with the massive returns if they get executed.
62strat
AG
BREwmaster said:

62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises

skip it. I would not let anyone ever put that trash being called a vaccine into my son. Not for anything, and not for a cruise. Lots of kids are having heart problems, run, not walk away.
unfortunately it was all booked and paid for long before the vax requirement announcement.
Philip J Fry
AG
Fallacy of sunk cost. Still your choice to inject it into your kids. What's worth more to you?
M4 Benelli
Dont let your kids take this garbo just for a cruise bro. I love cruising, got one scheduled for April. Nevertheless, no cruise is worth your kids getting myocarditis or whatever other ill effects from this crap.

Postpone it at the very least and see where the dust settles.
Ag13
AG
bmks270 said:

Spoony Love said:

I think fair to say the guy from Reddit that made $40,000,000+ off GME options inspired a lot of people. Good luck repeating that success!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SPX futures looking not great. If it gets back to 4750 that's another 'h'.
Whitehouse Road
AG
Watching ROKU if it can clear that ~$237.10 area of resistance
Triple_Bagger
Bob Knights Liver said:

SPX futures looking not great. If it gets back to 4750 that's another 'h'.
Decent 10 point bounce but still looks weak. Possibly setting up for a down day.
Bird Poo
AG
62strat said:

BREwmaster said:

62strat said:

Triple_Bagger said:

Irish 2.0 said:

CDC ****ing cruises

unfortunately it was all booked and paid for long before the vax requirement announcement.

Fire up the scanner and Microsoft paint. If they're changing the rules so should you.
Irish 2.0
The volume today will be atrocious. Don't plan on any big moves
wanderer
Sums up '21 for me
wanderer
There's zero way they'd be able to withhold a refund if the requirement came out after payment.
Irish 2.0
BrokeAssAggie
I listened in yesterday and he did really well scalping calls and puts. Worth listening in if that's your jam

https://twitter.com/i/spaces/1ZkKzboBBEoKv
E
AG
C'mon NVDA do something!
Irish 2.0
A lot of AFRM calls coming in on 2/18. I took the 2/18 75C at 33.2
gougler08
AG
XBI and IWM continuing to have some strength as other major indices are slowing down, money rotating for small cap Jan?
FTAG 2000
AG
NVM, tried one and couldn't get a fill.
mazag08
AG
USO is pointing to this uptick in energy being corrective. Meaning it could top off soon and turn down for a lower low than December.
Irish 2.0
AG 2000' said:

Found a weird option situation.

The strike for a higher value is more expensive than a lower strike. Basically, if I set a spread up, it's showing me a negative cost of entry (credit). Isn't that an arbitage situation? And if so, should I back up the truck?
It won't fill
First Page Last Page
Page 4791 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.