Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,087,594 Views | 231833 Replies | Last: 19 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Noticed that Kathy (ARK) bought Teledoc Health in 4 of their 6 funds today.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I've posted at least 3 winners on here this week. Will see what I can find tomorrow.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I meant to post this earlier, but when you see these ***s show up on your options as the market maker, especially on thin products, try to use limit orders. SPX is liquid so you won't get f'ed, but DJX and NDX you can get hosed by citadel.

agdaddy04
AG
Why would you ever not want to use a limit order? Timing?
gougler08
AG
SF2004 said:

Things I learned.

Stay away from the **** companies that litter this thread. OA1 is a good guy but few of us can really run our accounts like him.

ELOX, WWR, CLOV... these companies are **** right now.

IMHO trading doesn't work unless the company is fundamentally sound. Meaning that we know that AAPL is a strong anchor in our economy... therefore when they signal being oversold it carries much more weight than if current meme stock is oversold.

What works for me after a year of ups and downs?

Selling naked puts on solid companies when the price action presents itself, selling put verticals on the SPY and QQQ, and the tried and true iron condor at high IV rank on the SPY.

Lastly, discipline is KEY and knowing when to take a loss/profit.

Yeah I got caught up at the beginning of the year and got in to too many small caps that have killed me in the back half of the year. Tax harvested some that haven't had any volume and turning that around to sell naked puts in stronger companies like ROKU, TWLO and PYPL.

That being said, I have to remember that this is still a positive year for me as I booked 6 figure profit in the taxable account and slightly beat the S&P rate of return in my 401k. Hopefully we get small cap January again and then I can unwind some more of those positions and remember to diversify a bit more and make the unrealized gains look a bit better!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Some examples:

1) I'm not going to look at the market for a while, so I'm going to set a stop

2) I'm going to use a trailing stop loss on a position in profit past my target to see how it runs
Irish 2.0
agdaddy04 said:

Spreads on lightly traded equities that you take options on. Flashes trigger
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
lobwedgephil
When TSLA is doing a $15 candle against you, and you need to get out asap, limit order won't fill you.

But I am 95% limit orders.
Talon2DSO
AG
Anyone else in 2/14 SNAP 50c?
Philip J Fry
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Personally, my take is that if you want out of a stock because it's crashing, then get the hell out of it and don't be greedy.
ProgN
Discipline is the key but also the macro picture. AAPL is a great company with a ton of cash on hand. Would I blindly buy it tomorrow at $180, **** no. That would be stupid on my part because I think it prints $140-150. Why buy it at $180 for a few points, yet hold it on the ride down 25 points because it's a great company?
CincySwimmer
BREwmaster said:

FJ43 said:

Man check in and y'all gettin all serious before year end.

Great points made though. There are a number of different types/styles of traders on this forum I have respect for. All sorts of ways to make a dollar and more importantly protect your wealth.

Whether you trade options or not, equities or not, both or not find your lane, whatever you enjoy….then be ruthless about being disciplined.
maybe this will help someone, I'm still not great at this, but I seem to have found a niche in scalping:

I started a scalping account from an account I burned to the ground. I told myself, I will not add a dime to it. I will grow it from the next to nothing that's in it. Scalps only, intraday only, no holding overnight. I've taken profits as little as 3%, rarely do I get more than 20%, lots of 10% gains. I've more than 5x'd that old account and I am going to stick with that plan. No long options overnight, not even if it's 2 months out and there was flow on it, setup is beautiful, I don't care, not holding it!

this has worked well for me. I'm also a bit impulsive, so in a way scalping works for me b/c I'm quick in and out. Most of the time, I play with next week options (not weekly, so less premium burn if I end up holding for a couple hours). I did play ABBV today on crazy weekly flow, but got greedy and got stopped out with a tiny loss (should've taken the 10%!).

one thing drippy (twitter) harps on is buying dips and setting your stops at breakeven. This is a great tool in scalping. Also ditch the PDT account, go cash only, F margin!

You know you can do 1 or 2 cash trades a day for 5 to 10% gains and your account will explode upwards quickly. and occasionally you'll hit an FJ lotto for 50+%!

How do you get away with this in small accounts? If I try to do day trades in my account that is less than 25k I get flagged as a pattern day trader.
BourbonAg
AG
Have a cash account, no margin.
cptthunder
$30,000 Millionaire said:

If you had a Green Day today, you're ready to be a trader.

Checks trading account…well back to being a dumb rock guy
62strat
AG
ProgN said:

Discipline is the key but also the macro picture. AAPL is a great company with a ton of cash on hand. Would I blindly buy it tomorrow at $180, **** no. That would be stupid on my part because I think it prints $140-150. Why buy it at $180 for a few points, yet hold it on the ride down 25 points because it's a great company?
I said the same thing at $25, $40, $90, $100, $110, $120 and $140.

Glad I didn't listen to that thought process and bought at all those price points!

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
62strat said:

ProgN said:

I said the same thing at $25, $40, $90, $100, $110, $120 and $140.

Glad I didn't listen to that thought process and bought at all those price points!

Prog is right in my opinion. I think we see 140 again early next year.

Philip J Fry
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/rrleqa/credit_suisse_reiterates_nio_83_price_target_and/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Quote:

Credit Suisse also enhanced NIO NAD (NIO Autonomous Driving) for bringing safer and mpre relaxing autonomous drivinf from point A to point B, gradually covering cases such as on expressways, urban, parking and battery swapping.
Credit Suisse maintained the Outperfom Rating and the $83 Price Target for NIO.

Spoony Love
AG
If this is in a Robinhood account maybe consider taking it elsewhere more reputable. I switched to TDA earlier this year after watching their actions from the AMC run.
tailgatetimer10
AG
FJ43 said:

Question for this board.....

Are you a trader or an investor?

Full disclosure....I trade the markets in my trading, ROTH, IRA and 401k accounts. . I invest in privately held companies (people) and land.

I do both. Depends on the stock and the action
Brewmaster
AG
MARA scalping day (maybe)

Huge bitcoin buyer stick saved bitcoin at 46,5 last night.
CincySwimmer
Spoony Love said:

If this is in a Robinhood account maybe consider taking it elsewhere more reputable. I switched to TDA earlier this year after watching their actions from the ANC run.

Thanks for the help y'all. It is a ToS account. Guess I just need to look into turning off margin.
Brewmaster
AG
Yeah cash account, and TDA is fantastic
austinAG90
AG
Good Morning

Markets are better in both stocks and bonds as we start trading on the last full day of the year...Equity trading is light but bond trading has been more active after a reasonable sell off yesterday...30 year treasuries broke above both their 50 and 100 day moving averages yesterday and are still above the 100 day of 1.9392, but came no where near the 200 day moving average of 2.06. The 10 year however broke above all of their 50/100/200 day averages yesterday and remains right at its 50 day... What does it mean?... Bonds are going higher in yield next year... Maybe not next week, but economic numbers, inflation, a huge increase of tapering on January 15, rate rises, and balance sheet reductions... Are all in the cards for 2022..

We get the last of economic numbers this morning with first the claims numbers and then the Chicago PMI... None will change the momentum flow as we window dress into year end... S+P futures are up 7 while both the Nasdaq and Dow are up modestly... We doubt we see a significant back up in rates given treasury year end window dressing and index adjustment... According to BB the treasury index will return a negative 2% for this year... And remember that is a nominal negative return , inflation adjusted or real related, it is much more negative... BB Intelligence , predicts a similar return for 2022... Clearly the odds are stacked against all but HY bonds...but anything can happen with Covid uncertainty...

Tomorrow rates markets close at either 2 or 2.30...either way we expect little trading....and yes we did see the Guardian article that the US should establish price controls..we could give a 1000 reasons why that will not work, but it is out there... We are around all day and actually expect to be busy.

As the year draws to a close, investors are wondering on the implications of Covid and its multiple variants, decreasing stimulus and seriously high inflation numbers stoked by never ending supply chain bottlenecks. Key questions is how high will treasury yields soar to...as they are so ridiculously priced to many metrics given the manipulation of central banks for the last decade or more... And how much is left in the equity bull market... Do not expect the answers from us tomorrow...
cageybee77
AG
RenoAg said:

Yeah? Well when ELOX and WWR finally make me rich, you don't get to ride in my lambo.
you wouldn't want to take my corpse out for a drive anyway, I'm not much of a conversationalist alive.
FJ43

Old name....

CIDM

May be tradeable from 1.15. Cut at 1.05.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
Bought IWM 225C - 1/7

$2 entry

BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

gougler08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Cruise stocks getting hit due to COVID, feel like is knee jerk. Might be a good entry.
Something new w/ COVID or just that everyone has Omicron and won't want to cruise for a few months?
I am going to look at CCL $23 calls, 30 to 60 days out.
Went with CCL 2/18 $22.5,entry $0.93, target $2
CCL breaking out
ProgN
The Dow has gone up 2,000 points in 7 days. They're window dressing the hell out of their funds.
Talon2DSO
AG
AMD keeps falling.
Deplorable
FJ43
Bought DIS 1/7 160C at $1.14.

I can't babysit trades at the moment so why I am scalping into next week.

If you follow manage your trade to your rules.

Brewmaster
AG
in a couple days ago at 1.19, short leash though. c'mon rotation! small caps are soooo beat down.
Triple_Bagger
Talon2DSO said:

AMD keeps falling.
It's the entire semiconductor sector, not just AMD. With the run semiconductors had this year, don't be surprised if it cools off a bit.
Talon2DSO
AG
I'm still of the opinion that AMD is shaking out then will pop back up later next week.
Brewmaster
AG
Talon2DSO said:

AMD keeps falling.
tech rotation might be here a week early, so trade accordingly.
First Page Last Page
Page 4787 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.