Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,091,003 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
Irish 2.0
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CrazyRichAggie said:

Conversation with the wife today

Me - man, I sold those calls a little too early could have made some more money.

Wife - so you lost money.

First rule of stock market; do not tell wife about stock market
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
BrokeAssAggie
I know..
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think we will have chop and close the week north of 4800 on SPX. If you own a depressed small cap, you can sell now to offset gains or you can sell next year to offset gains.

Small caps won't come back until at least January.

"Be like water". Next year, we need to be where the tutes are.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Bulldog73
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Conversation with the wife today

Me - man, I sold those calls a little too early could have made some more money.

Wife - so you lost money.

No sweetheart, I missed an opportunity to make some more by mitigating risk and following the well established rules for trading. Also, I need a sammich & another Tom Collins (which may or may not be followed with ducking & covering).
GreasenUSA
AG

lobwedgephil
Go TSLA!
austinAG90
AG
Not a lot going on from what we can see... US equity futures are higher but off their highs in the last hour... It won't take much for them to set another record today... But moves now, both in bonds and stocks, do not seem meaningful... With Covid cases, rather Omicron cases, skyrocketing globally, markets are awaiting 2022 to see what that brings... We think initially it will bring higher equities to start the year and lower bond prices... Asian and European equities are lower this morning by around a half a percent. Most European equity markets had a decent year, excepting Germany and Spain... Asian markets had a rougher year led by China...

We did an interview with the FT yesterday on our view why equities did well in the last week and how we expect them to perform in 2022... Our focus was on the Fed, who tried to orchestrate higher inflation in 2021... From the Fed's perspective they got much higher inflation than they were looking for... And will be forced to bring it under control in 2022... Bloomberg continues to report improving supply chains, we are not believers... Jim Bianco mentioned a city in China, 50% larger than the NY population, that shut down last week... And will probably be shut for awhile... Given that the world's supply chain starts in China, we think supply chains issues will be with us for years... But back to the markets and why equities were the winner of 2021.

Inflation is now very high, CPI of 6.8%, PPI of 9.6%, and German PPI of 19.2% , tells you that inflation is out of control... And the Fed mistake was being too slow to address it head on... But as investments go, equities and real estate are two that can keep up with inflation... Bonds can not... Especially IG, mortgages and treasuries... HY is better, but all fixed income returns for bonds this year on the BB IN, solving for US, show negative YTD returns... And that just adds to the hugely negative real returns given inflation... Venture Cap and Private equity are also winners, but that is not as easy to invest in... But clearly the University endowments that printed 40-50% returns in the year ending June 30, show the bigger returns that can be garnered by these investments..

Biden Fed picks... Between BB and the WSJ, we have seen 10 names being put forward for 3 positions... Ferguson was BB's pick for VC of supervision, the WSJ has it going to Sarah Raskin... We know Ferguson from his days of VC of the Fed... Either would be better than Cordoray... For the others, we see Bostic being mentioned... We think he would be a solid pick... The others we do not know... Either way, the Fed will be on a mission in 2022 to get ahead of inflation, where they are so far behind that it will take some tough talk... Not only will the Fed raise rates, they will have to start running off the balance sheet...we think 2022 will be a second year of negative returns for rates...

Today we have the 7 year, but we think that will go ok... Friday is an early close and some wonder why we are even open this week given the activity... That does not mean we can't get a push in either direction, given lack of liquidity... But Omicron, bad weather in the West, and lack of focus, we do not expect much today or tomorrow... Hope we are wrong...

One last thing, the St Louis Fed put out a report saying that over 2.4 million people retired earlier than expected once Covid started...that would mean the excess number of people the Fed expected to be employed is much less... Probably means we are at full employment now..
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
Cruise stocks getting hit due to COVID, feel like is knee jerk. Might be a good entry.
Talon2DSO
AG
Thoughts on AMD today? My gut tells me another down day. Calls expire in a couple weeks might still be ok.
gougler08
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Cruise stocks getting hit due to COVID, feel like is knee jerk. Might be a good entry.
Something new w/ COVID or just that everyone has Omicron and won't want to cruise for a few months?
BrokeAssAggie
https://www.investing.com/news/stock-market-news/us-cdc-investigating-nearly-70-cruise-ships-hit-by-covid19-cases-2725558
BrokeAssAggie
gougler08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Something new w/ COVID or just that everyone has Omicron and won't want to cruise for a few months?
I am going to look at CCL $23 calls, 30 to 60 days out.
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

gougler08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Went with CCL 2/18 $22.5,entry $0.93, target $2
Triple_Bagger
CrazyRichAggie said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

gougler08 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Went with CCL 2/18 $22.5,entry $0.93, target $2
CCL put out statement Monday saying that they haven't seen an effect from Omicron on their bookings. I think this is a good play. I'm net free on the 7/15 C20/25 spreads I bought after Thanksgiving.
FTAG 2000
AG
Looks like the wu flu finally got me (and the wife, and the kids).

Firing up the ivermectin and Dr. Coates vitamin regimen.

Let's go Brandon, let's go Xi, and let's go Fauci.
Jet Black
FUBO
cmk10
AG
Are we assuming WWR drops below $2.00?
FTAG 2000
AG
Jet Black said:

FUBO
Nice of Roth Capital to lower the price target to get themselves some cheap shares.
Irish 2.0
Still 90 cents from my S/L on this one
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
FTAG 2000
AG
cmk10 said:

From looking at the charter over two years, it could go to a buck.

cmk10
AG
AG 2000' said:

cmk10 said:

That's not exciting at all…
Irish 2.0
MVIS is pissing me off
BaylorSpineGuy
Have a look at BHP. Now making higher highs and higher lows. Still 25% off it's 1 yr high of $80 (currently around $60). Pays a $8 dividend ($4 twice per year). Thinking about going long here.

Anyone see any reason not to?
sts7049
AG
i'm scalping some TSLA 1000 weekly puts and AMD 140 weekly puts
Ags2013
AG
cmk10 said:

AG 2000' said:

cmk10 said:

Do I have a gambling problem if I have an urge to average down for the millionth time?
Irish 2.0
Ags2013 said:

cmk10 said:

AG 2000' said:

cmk10 said:

Do I have a gambling problem if I have an urge to average down for the millionth time?
Yes. If you're averaging down, it should always be at a major support. You need to be prepared to cut it if it gives up that support though
M4 Benelli
CCL was cheaper a few wks ago.

Two stocks im looking at as earning plays are AEHR and WBA. Both have already ran up a little bit heading Into earnings on the 6th. Still have room to pump on any good news.

Re: WWR, this is bleeding harder than a CHAZ gardener after sundown. Idk if Im going to be able to hold out much longer, especially if its going to run flat for a bit. Bleh

Irish 2.0
QQQ looking to test the 5DMA at ~399.25
Talon2DSO
AG
AMD is bleeding out
gougler08
AG
My whole portfolio is pissing me off these days
Spoony Love
AG
Kind of glad I followed the $140 weekly scalp mentioned above.
Engine10
AG
cmk10 said:

AG 2000' said:

cmk10 said:

I wouldn't be concerned with the price action here or at any point until operations begin in 2023. It's a zero revenue company right now with no press(that's on management), tax loss season, no confirmation of plant construction beginning, and likely need to raise more capital for both working cap & completing the plant.

The bigger question I'm curious about is if Tesla wants synthetic graphite, who wants the natural stuff that they are producing? And why/what's the difference?

Still holding FWIW.
sts7049
AG
i'm out of both, keeping a tight leash on myself from not getting too greedy. AMD .20 to .32 and TSLA 1.83 to 2.60. will watch and see if i jump in again
Irish 2.0
Irish 2.0 said:

QQQ looking to test the 5DMA at ~399.25
That is called the perfect bounce...The 5DMA is one of the best scalp bounces you can play on the QQQ
First Page Last Page
Page 4783 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.