Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,073,151 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by El_duderino
E
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone still in NIO?

I'm long but am contemplating pulling out. It's been brutal watching it tank this past month
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
It's oversold. I think this will be upside tradable soon.
mazag08
AG
I've got NIO going to $15-$20 as the most probable scenario. But the chart is very overlapping unlike many others showing the same general pattern. I dont trust Chinese stocks. So my confidence on any identifiable move playing out is less than 50%.
austinAG90
AG
Friday Macros

Central Banks Get Pushed to Back...Options and Flows Dominate ..Quad Witching

Treasuries mildly steepened this morning but just as we started writing we see that the long end is catching a bid... 10 years which had been at 1.43 at 6 am have now just skyrocketed quickly to 1.39... Clearly no one is paying attention to the Fed or the BOE, but these are moves that reflect some risk off trading and fears... The Nasdaq, which most of this year was trading as a long duration asset and had a relatively high correlation of rates, no longer seems to be the case... Nasdaq futures are down 180 points and accelerating...

Equities are being moved by gamma and quadruple witching today... We have the simultaneous expiration of stock index futures , stock index options, stock options and single stock futures... We repeat what we said last night. 70 million single name options expire today, which is a December record... More than 100 million in total options expiring... We think today's move in the Nasdaq and NYFaang is gamma related into today's expiration... To quote Charlie McElligott..."more Gamma and Vanna hedging slingshot equities"... We had to look Vanna up as our remembrance was of a game show host... Nonetheless, in English, dealers are short puts, meaning they have to hedge more as the markets sink... Which is what today will be about at least to start the day.... There is nothing wrong fundamentally, although an article from the FT shows that many of the underlying equities in the indices are in correction territory.

Fed/Central Banks... The last two speakers of the year today...Williams is on CNBC at 8.30... And Waller at 1 PM... The latter is turning out to be the most interesting of the speakers as he has a different background and tends to tell it as it is... As for Central Banks, The ECB comment that they will not raise rates in 2022 puts pressure on the Fed dot plot that they could go 3-4 times next year... Both the BOE and the Fed seem to be in hawkish territory... The ECB sees inflation normalizing next year, but they still doubled their inflation forecast from 1.7 to 3.2...if you missed it this morning....GERMAN PPI CAME OUT AT 19.2% TODAY...and we laugh that Laguarde sees inflation normalizing in 2022. They will be forced to raise rates, but for now markets are focusing on positions rather than outlook.

Rates... Big steepener put on this morning 5/30 in the futures market... Already under water... The simple answer to yesterday's move was that globally, most trades were betting on a hawkish Fed... Problem is with so little liquidity, they got the verbiage they wanted but not the follow through... Hence many got stopped out across futures and cash.. 2 years went from .70 to .60 .. 5 years from 1.29 to 1.15... As for 10 years, the next resistance is 1.35... And if equities get ugly this afternoon, then 1.22 after that... As for flatteners/steepeners, our longer view is that we are done with the flattener for now... If 5/30 gets well through 56 we will revisit that view...

The only good thing overnight we saw was an article out of South Africa

"(BN) South Africa Hospitalization Rate Plunges in Omicron Wave

This will be another choppy day based on option expiration and lack of liquidity

Irish 2.0
Red Pear Luke said:

This should keep things interesting…. It's like they are working to actively sever any and all freedoms for their people.

Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
Quad witch........fund rebalancing.....I'm going to watch AAPL today.....with it's recent runup to such high value it makes me wonder if some funds aren't going to have to sell some of that as it's so bloated......I'd be a better man if I just shut all the windows and did nothing today, so we'll see.
Ragoo
AG
Tesla is going to $800 isn't it?
Barty Dont Hedge
McInnis 03 said:

Quad witch........fund rebalancing.....I'm going to watch AAPL today.....with it's recent runup to such high value it makes me wonder if some funds aren't going to have to sell some of that as it's so bloated......I'd be a better man if I just shut all the windows and did nothing today, so we'll see.
Shut down and do nothing? LOL I am setting your under/over for 12 trades today. Give me the over!
Irish 2.0
Ragoo said:

If so...
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Ragoo
AG
I don't see anything in its way back to the 200ema
Irish 2.0
150DMA at 850ish, but it isn't a huge support. Not much in terms of volume shelf. If it tags 910 in trading hours today, it will have closed the gap from 10/22. That could be the reversal signal. I'll be watching the TSLA option flow closely today with the gap fill in place.
Max Stonetrail
Quadruple witching just sounds like a day the market will be down big.

For the posters talking about holding overnight, this shows the risk. I have some AMD calls left from yesterday. Fortunately I have myself a little runway with 12/31 expiry, 141 strike. Bought at $5.45, trading $5.85 at the close, AMD is down about $2.50, so it would currently open down $1.10 to $1.30. Since I have faith in AMD and the current market has no memory, I will add to the position in the low 4's, then again in the middle 3's if given the opportunity. 9.5 trading days seems so short, yet this can rip in a heartbeat as we saw Wednesday (then the other direction yesterday).

The alternative to bad holding overnight, I sure wish I had those TSLA puts I traded yesterday when (as I believe) Elon was dumping stock.

Ragoo, it might go to $800. However I think Elon is about done selling. I think some of this is Cathie Wood, too.
Irish 2.0
Elon sold 934,091 total in the two filings released yesterday.
BaylorSpineGuy
Man, the FUD is thick today. Reports of equity markets being shut down in Turkey. PPI through the roof in Europe. Double top chart in AAPL is headlining a Bloomberg article.

Either massive rug pull coming or a huge rip to catch everyone who is short selling.

Just trade sentiments and numbers. Not emotions. I learned that in September.
McInnis 03
AG
Turkish Markets on are on their second circuit breaker to the downside.........
Irish 2.0
I tend to follow the money. It isn't running for shelter.
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Hidden Pivots tweeted a chart with a gap fill on it back to 900. I wouldn't count on much more blood than that.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Turkish Markets on are on their second circuit breaker to the downside.........
Fortunately the Turkish market is a gnat on a fly's ass in terms of global exposure.
Spoony Love
AG
Wasn't this pretty much expected with the way their currency had been weakening? While it's still not good, I feel like this was already a known expectation that there was going to be some sort of puking on there exchange. Maybe it's just sooner than expected.
McInnis 03
AG
I feel like we bounce aroudn today with a scary dip at some point and probably close close to where we open. Next week, I can't help but think that 20K 4650/4750c spread on SPX gets taken advantage of.........it expires Wednesday.

Note:Predicting is a BAD business
GreasenUSA
AG

TSLA has a nice trend line over the last 2 years. If it comes back to 800 in the next month, it could be a very good buy.
BaylorSpineGuy
AFRM is currently taking a beating, and it has a number of gaps to the downside. May be interesting lotto play for those of you who trade 0 DTE options.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Let's get it started.

B&I related due of his lyric line, "Because I've been up more than down..."

Let's make some money!

FTAG 2000
AG
TSLA"s trying to fill that gap down to 911. Think it gets there today. After?
Spoony Love
AG
AAPL 12 mill volume at the open? Whoa.

Update to 17 mill in the first ten minutes.
Triple_Bagger
Triple_Bagger said:

Took a little while but RIVN lost support at $100. Might need a few downgrades tomorrow to get max profit out of my P100/90 spread. We'll see.
Sold @4.00. Bought @0.60 on Monday, so decent profit. Was hoping for max profit but I'll take a 6-bagger.
Engine10
AG
RIVN -12%
Ags2013
AG
IWM 211 - kill me
Talon2DSO
AG
I missed the lotto this morning. Anyone playing today or is it too nutty. I'm tempted to play a AMD 137P
Spoony Love
AG
XOM may test $60 again today. Let's see what all this seemingly negative news will do.
gougler08
AG
Ags2013 said:

IWM 211 - kill me
Bouncing...if it goes green today it's not bad
FJ43
Wasn't able to post quick enough but bought QQQ 390C lotto at .48

Trailing stop set now.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BrokeAssAggie
AMD and NVDA strong.
FTAG 2000
AG
Ags2013 said:

IWM 211 - kill me

It's back to the bottom of its 2021 darvis box (red line). Not really surprised by this.

Max Stonetrail
I think Puts in AMD here are riskier than normal. I did unload my calls this morning on the spike. I am going to wait for it to settle.
First Page Last Page
Page 4750 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.