Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,081,547 Views | 231779 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
krosch11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
likely sold puts if he is down. OA probably hoping to get assigned the shares at a lower cost average.

ProgN
wanderer said:

Not sure if this was asked/posted before, but WWR Feb puts? Sold puts? Protective/bought puts?

I agree with Krosh. OA doesn't front run or betray people that value his advice and if you're questioning that then I'm confident in saying that you're wrong.

IMO he's taking advantage of the selling pressure of tax loss and either banking premium or popping champagne if he's assigned. This is a nothing burger.
H-town ag
AG
Original post …

wanderer
I'm certainly not alluding to that or accusing that. Just wanted to make sure I was aware of the big picture.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

incoming.

BaylorSpineGuy
I'm gonna ask this as clearly as I can. Can someone who has access to Unusual Whales or a similar service check calls and puts on GMED and NUVA?

Will share more when I can. Will try to provide update tonight if someone can get that information. I am venturing to guess a lot of options activity there….
sts7049
AG
I see almost nothing on GMED. NUVA has more activity but the P/C ratio is 0
ProgN
wanderer said:

I'm certainly not alluding to that or accusing that. Just wanted to make sure I was aware of the big picture.
Apologies if my post came across aggressive, that wasn't the intent. I was doing 5 other things at that time and just wanted to address your concerns.

Gig'em
ranchag04
AG
ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

Man our picks are sucking wind
SDC all time low
CLOV all time low
WWR all time low
Any hope?
Not this month, but I can see them going higher late January or February.

Good because getting close to nowhere but up to go
ProgN
ranchag04 said:

ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

SDC all time low
CLOV all time low
WWR all time low
Any hope?

It's just the season and tax selling reasons before year end. It may come under further pressure this month, just like a ton of other stocks near their lows, for offsetting gains. I'm looking to buy a chunk of WWR the last week of December because I see more opportunity for gains than losing money in 2022. That being said, investors selling this month will not buy back in until after 30 days, so I suspect buyers will layer back into WWR, CLOV and SDC when they can avoid a wash sale. That's why I said to don't expect a move higher until the end of Jan/Feb.
lobwedgephil
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm gonna ask this as clearly as I can. Can someone who has access to Unusual Whales or a similar service check calls and puts on GMED and NUVA?

Will share more when I can. Will try to provide update tonight if someone can get that information. I am venturing to guess a lot of options activity there….
Very little flow on either, this is all of it since Nov. 1. Nothing meaningful or interesting.

BaylorSpineGuy
sts7049 said:

I see almost nothing on GMED. NUVA has more activity but the P/C ratio is 0

Something of significance may be happening tomorrow with GMED. I heard through grapevine that CEO has called a meeting. Basically has never happened in last 6 years, so I suspect major news coming down the pike.

There was rumor a month ago that Globus was buying NuVasive, but it's been silence since then, so I wondered if that is the move, the reason I was asking. It may be something completely separate….who knows.

Thanks for looking into it.
BaylorSpineGuy
NUVA stock surged on the news one month ago. The news that GMED was gonna buy them out.

No one seems to understand why this ever gained traction. GMED has about 18-20% market share in spine, and NUVA has about 20-22%. Medtronic has about almost 40%.

Globus has one of two FDA approved spine robots and it has some cranial applications. NUVA has not been able to get their robotic stuff off the ground and their current EPS is negative. GMED is debt free and profitable. This may have something to do with it, but all the people I have talked to are not really sure why this ever got legs.

Anyway….enough spine non-sense for the night. Maybe big news coming tomorrow but who knows….
frankm01
Found this on Bezinga:

B of A upgraded GMED to buy.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Work rumor or wsb rumor? If work I'll put a couple bucks on it. Chain for nuva this week is interesting. Ask on every strike over 75 is 4.8
Everybody loves a dirt road
BaylorSpineGuy
A rep I work with says the company sent him an email today that the CEO is talking at 11 ET tomorrow. He's never gotten an email like this in 6 yrs with the company.

Maybe the news is the CEO is leaving? I have no idea. Don't know if that's good or bad for the stock. He has led the company well. The rep I know was just surprised and messaged me. Very unusual….
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

SDC all time low
CLOV all time low
WWR all time low
Any hope?

It's just the season and tax selling reasons before year end. It may come under further pressure this month, just like a ton of other stocks near their lows, for offsetting gains. I'm looking to buy a chunk of WWR the last week of December because I see more opportunity for gains than losing money in 2022. That being said, investors selling this month will not buy back in until after 30 days, so I suspect buyers will layer back into WWR, CLOV and SDC when they can avoid a wash sale. That's why I said to don't expect a move higher until the end of Jan/Feb.
Is this common seasonality with high beta stocks like these?
BaylorSpineGuy
Seems may just be routine end of year meeting. Don't throw money. Sorry to raise suspicions.
ProgN
irish pete ag06 said:

ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

ProgN said:

ranchag04 said:

SDC all time low
CLOV all time low
WWR all time low
Any hope?

Is this common seasonality with high beta stocks like these?
It's common with all stocks near their lows in December. Someone posted a tweet of a graph showing the 5 mega caps, which are heavily weighted, carrying the SPX/QQQ a couple of pages back. The market breadth has been dismal, except for the mega caps that I've mentioned earlier this month.

I believe NNOX and MVIS will triple or more in 2022, but I sold them this week to offset gains. I'll buy them back after 31 days, but it was a business decision, not because they suddenly suck. Most investors are doing the same as well in December. I bet I'll be able to buy them back in January near the price I dumped them for, but now I'm able to benefit from the loss tax wise in 2021. It's capitalizing on a mistake.

Too many investors/traders don't take advantage of it because they don't want to lose and their pride gets in the way. In reality their pride costs them more pain when they don't book a loss. JMO
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone have any insight on QCOM? Some guy on Twitter is saying it's heading to 165, drippy is the guy on Twitter I think someone mentioned him the other day.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Anyone have any insight on QCOM? Some guy on Twitter is saying it's heading to 165, drippy is the guy on Twitter I think someone mentioned him the other day.

It's in no man's for me. That huge gap at $140 isn't optimal and it looks very vulnerable should macros flush.
McInnis 03
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

NUVA stock surged on the news one month ago. The news that GMED was gonna buy them out.

No one seems to understand why this ever gained traction. GMED has about 18-20% market share in spine, and NUVA has about 20-22%. Medtronic has about almost 40%.

Globus has one of two FDA approved spine robots and it has some cranial applications. NUVA has not been able to get their robotic stuff off the ground and their current EPS is negative. GMED is debt free and profitable. This may have something to do with it, but all the people I have talked to are not really sure why this ever got legs.

Anyway….enough spine non-sense for the night. Maybe big news coming tomorrow but who knows….

Someone threw $65k for 303 contracts for jan 70c on an OI of 800. That would catch my attn if news tomorrow
irish pete ag06
AG
ProgN said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

It's in no man's for me. That huge gap at $140 isn't optimal and it looks very vulnerable should macros flush.
Idiot alert, but here's what I see.

188 has been tried and failed multiple times. I am a bit of a subscriber to an outside bar emerging if a stock can move hard through the 50% mark of the previous week (see Sara Strat Sniper on youtube and twitter).

So today QCOM bounced off the 180.06 mark which is the mid point of the previous week. If it can move under 180 with some volume I can see it ending the week near 170.
mazag08
AG
I could make a case for 205 using EW. But I admit that it likely needs to be converted to log scale and viewed under that lense.
irish pete ag06
AG
AMD 140C for 12/31 got absolutely smacked today at the end of the day.

Edit to say it adds up to nearly a million on a fairly short term option.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

incoming.

Man, really wanted this to come down to 40, even 35, to buy more shares. Probably not happening now with Atlas army on it.
lobwedgephil
If Atlas is in it, pretty good chance it will have a big dump.
Tibbers
ProgN
When does J Pow speak today?
Triple_Bagger
ProgN said:

When does J Pow speak today?
2:30pm eastern time
McInnis 03
AG
The spy rally likely comes, this was probably Icahn

Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

The spy rally likely comes, this was probably Icahn

Or SoftBank. That MF'r made a killing immediately post COVID riding tech calls
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
McInnis 03
AG
Maybe the Santa rally is just the unwinding of short stock by mms hedging their opex put positions?

Irish 2.0

Well that's not good...
Of course it was for that. In what universe did you think it was okay to post a naked man spreading open his butt cheeks on our platform?
Talon2DSO
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Well that's not good...

The Amazon lobby is strong
First Page Last Page
Page 4739 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.