Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,092,996 Views | 231837 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by Swollen Thumb
Barty Dont Hedge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BCTX - Get it while you can before the Dec 8th catalyst.....This is a Ripster play, see his Twitter posts for the full DD
SoTXAg09
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

BCTX - Get it while you can before the Dec 8th catalyst.....This is a Ripster play, see his Twitter posts for the full DD

I would be careful. A lot of these "catalysts" get sold off. I hope you make out well though.
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

DIS looks to be breaking out of its down channel on the daily.

Close above 147.28 today and I think it's game on.
If DIS holds in this area, it's Linda Raschke's 3-bar triangle setup. You then go with the break of the 3-day high, or 3-day low that follows.
Can you expand on this a bit? What's the three bar triangle setup?

not getting great google search results, just a lot of chatter about how to code for it.

Commonly used as a reversal setup; however, can be continuation as well. 3-bar setup is on daily, you have a high or low set on day 1, then the other side (high/low) is set on day 2......day 3 trades inside the high/low.....the go-button is the break of said high or low.

FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

DIS looks to be breaking out of its down channel on the daily.

Close above 147.28 today and I think it's game on.
If DIS holds in this area, it's Linda Raschke's 3-bar triangle setup. You then go with the break of the 3-day high, or 3-day low that follows.
Can you expand on this a bit? What's the three bar triangle setup?

not getting great google search results, just a lot of chatter about how to code for it.

Commonly used as a reversal setup; however, can be continuation as well. 3-bar setup is on daily, you have a high or low set on day 1, then the other side (high/low) is set on day 2......day 3 trades inside the high/low.....the go-button is the break of said high or low.

Thanks.
FTAG 2000
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

Wouldn't hold through the 8th.
Barty Dont Hedge
AG 2000' said:

Barty Dont Hedge said:

Wouldn't hold through the 8th.
Agreed
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to waver a bit on ROKU. Considering selling half to harvest losses and buying the UAL dip.

Or any other suggestions? I'm hesitant to buy more tech where it'll be really difficult to make up my -25% losses for a while. (And 60% drop from its high.)

Or should I keep holding? Thoughts?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
If crwd hits $200 today sell your children.
Everybody loves a dirt road
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Starting to waver a bit on ROKU. Considering selling half to harvest losses and buying the UAL dip.

Or any other suggestions? I'm hesitant to buy more tech where it'll be really difficult to make up my -25% losses for a while.

I'll let others who know more weigh in, but 220 area is a long term support area. Been bouncing along that for over a week now. Bottom may be in.

I wonder if it'll just hold here until January. This seems like it would be a good candidate to take the losses on for tax purposes, then get after it in 22.

agdaddy04
AG
Charismatic Megafauna said:

What makes you say that? Seems to be pretty volatile over the last 8 months?
FTAG 2000
AG
Way to go Fidelity.

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/fidelity-incorrectly-lists-millions-gamestop-shares-short-sales-redditors-fume-2021-12
cageybee77
AG
don't know if anyone else is following NVNXF...but damn.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis - is that a three bar play setup on Uber forming?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What makes you say that? Seems to be pretty volatile over the last 8 months?

They crush and raise every earnings report, apparently the street has turned against them and they're getting shorted pretty hard. I also think zs' lackluster earnings is because crwd is taking market share. They report after the bell so careful with options but I'd be adding to my share position here if I had any cash
GreasenUSA
AG
GreasenUSA said:

ROKU with a pre-market downgrade to a straight up sell rating with some absurd reasoning.

I see there is a gap from 266-268 from last November that is getting filled. Would like to see a blow-off bottom out of this, else I don't see a whole lot of support until closer to 217.
Amazing that we got down to this 217 level in just 2 weeks from this post. Nearly down 20% in 2 weeks.
FTAG 2000
AG
AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Or any other suggestions? I'm hesitant to buy more tech where it'll be really difficult to make up my -25% losses for a while.

I'll let others who know more weigh in, but 220 area is a long term support area. Been bouncing along that for over a week now. Bottom may be in.

I wonder if it'll just hold here until January. This seems like it would be a good candidate to take the losses on for tax purposes, then get after it in 22.

Welp, bottom not in. Down to 217. Wow.

This could go to $200.
Ragoo
AG
Rolled my long dates roku 400c to January 250c. If we get a spike I will still make 100% on the investment and will have more cash to redeploy. If not I can enter nearer dates covered call strategy.
Ragoo
AG
AG 2000' said:

AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This could go to $200.
I said $200 weeks ago
FTAG 2000
AG
Trying to work out SNOW and CRWD. Both have earnings after the bell today.

Both hammered down in recent trading sessions.

The last time I recall seeing this was AFRM. Hammered down heavily going into earnings, then a rocket with a big beat.

Anyone have thoughts on these?
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis - is that a three bar play setup on Uber forming?
yeah, but that one even looks worse than Disney (which looks BAD btw).
agdaddy04
AG
is SOFI dead for now?
McInnis 03
AG
who TF mem stonked AAPL?
FTAG 2000
AG
What just spooked all the macros?
TexasAg2017
AG

Bicycle chart was just one week late. Spy 55 day ema appears to be right at 455, I'll go in big if we can tag it

Another leg down and we get another chance at this. Looking for 455.4 now

Wow...tagged 455.3, my conditional order for a couple expiring 458 calls filled at 1.4. Let's see how this pans out.

Shbm
Had an order to sell 1 for 2.8 at open to go net free. Filled at 4.18 Set an order to sell the other for 4.5 as I had $7 as a clean target for the spy max gain on a post-bicycle green schlong day. That filled pretty much right away. Now I think we hit and hold 470 by/on Friday, grabbed a couple 467/469 spreads for .49

Nibbled at these. Filled around .40
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
AG 2000' said:

Anyone have thoughts on these?

Crwd moon
Brewmaster
AG
PROG tricksy move sighting.

big buys coming in after massive selling, of course tread lightly (small caps be crazy)
Spoony Love
AG
SPY what are you doing?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Spoony Love said:

SPY what are you doing?

Doji for the day? Sneaky...I like it!
FTAG 2000
AG
Spoony Love said:

SPY what are you doing?
If /ES doesn't bounce at 4590, falling.
Brewmaster
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

Bicycle chart was just one week late. Spy 55 day ema appears to be right at 455, I'll go in big if we can tag it

Another leg down and we get another chance at this. Looking for 455.4 now

Wow...tagged 455.3, my conditional order for a couple expiring 458 calls filled at 1.4. Let's see how this pans out.

Shbm
Had an order to sell 1 for 2.8 at open to go net free. Filled at 4.18 Set an order to sell the other for 4.5 as I had $7 as a clean target for the spy max gain on a post-bicycle green schlong day. That filled pretty much right away. Now I think we hit and hold 470 by/on Friday, grabbed a couple 467/469 spreads for .49

Nibbled at these. Filled around .40
I went 466/468's
crap, may have bought a little early ...or not, lol
Engine10
AG
The only thing I can imagine for $WWR is this letter of intent for sale is with someone notable and they won't disclose the party until a deal is complete. This sell off below cash basis doesn't make much sense unless someone knows something and is demanding a lower price against basically no buying. Watching closely.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

PROG tricksy move sighting.

big buys coming in after massive selling, of course tread lightly (small caps be crazy)
pretty clean big buy reversal off lows, already up a few cents
ProgN
Spoony Love said:

SPY what are you doing?

I say we blame it on Irish. It's not like he can defend himself for a few days.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AG 2000' said:

AG 2000' said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

This could go to $200.
Yep. Looking that way.

Decided to take the loss for now and just hold steady still Jan 1, then look at buying back in.

Got $14k cash now, and not sure whether to park it in the index or just hold it till then.
Brewmaster
AG
ProgN said:

Spoony Love said:

SPY what are you doing?

I say we blame it on Irish. It's not like he can defend himself for a few days.
yes, poor *******

First Page Last Page
Page 4696 of 6624

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.