Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

23,925,950 Views | 231453 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Quacked
mazag08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
IWM to $235.25 by end of day?
McInnis 03
AG
Dgly verdict time
bmoochie
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dgly verdict time
Came here to post the same as I saw the volume pour in
spud1910
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Dgly verdict time
Followed you, but hope it goes to zero.
Irish 2.0
spud1910 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Dgly verdict time
Followed you, but hope it goes to zero.
Not guilty on all charges
gig em 02
Ragoo said:

Unrelated topic - are prices really going up or is the narrative prices are going up and therefor being used as opportunity to squeeze consumers?
There isn't some boogeyman trying to squeeze consumers just because they can.

Every metric that contributes to pricing, materials, labor, transportation, energy, is being manipulated by this administration to create an environment where the government can come in to save you. When the price of production (labor, materials, energy - gas, etc.) are being manipulated upwards by the government then companies have to raise prices to account for increased future expenses at best, and to counteract current losses at worst.

Its all about telling a story. Cause gas prices to skyrocket, then come in and save the day with billions of dollars in subsidies to help pay energy bills.
khkman22
AG
BREwmaster said:

McInnis 03 said:

Looks like ol' Zack Morris may be in some heat.

gee what a nice guy. (Sharp). not a Zack fan, but this guy has it out for him. the mask tells me all I need to know too.
That he's in an airport?
spud1910
AG
Glad to hear that. Just hope it doesn't cause more rioting and people acting stupid.
BaylorSpineGuy
Or that he flies Southwest? Wonder if he boards with the "A's"?
FTAG 2000
AG
spud1910 said:

Glad to hear that. Just hope it doesn't cause more rioting and people acting stupid.
Are you kidding? Soros and Biden will be turning their dogs loose, anything to distract from the **** show in D.C.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Checking out a SAVA chat room. The quote below I thought to be good logic and posting.

Quote:

Would you initiate a second Phase 3 study if you know you did something wrong and someone is looking over your shoulder? Go SAVA!
Hard to discount that logic.
FTAG 2000
AG
Whole market just dropped. People reacting to verdict?

Heard Brandon was going to speak, did he say something idiotic?
Irish 2.0
Lets not discuss the Rittenhouse verdict beyond where we are now. Only reason I posted that was because we were watching stocks for it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
PROG running now. Come for my $5.50 calls!
spud1910
AG
Yep, that is what worries me.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Wasn't there supposed to be a Fed chair announcement? Has that happened today?
Irish 2.0
Bob Knights Liver said:

If Powell doesn't get re-appointed I could see Yellen moving over and them putting someone at the Treasury. Yellen will keep rates low and prop the market as long as possible. Inflation for days.
Brewmaster
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Lets not discuss the Rittenhouse verdict beyond where we are now. Only reason I posted that was because we were watching stocks for it.
no discussion from me, just this:

oh and AAPL, the gift that keeps on giving.
Bob Knights Liver said:

I believe the Administration stated before Thanksgiving.
irish pete ag06
AG
Ragoo said:

Irish 2.0 said:

cageybee77 said:

hitting singles is not bad. it does take time and effort.
Trying to hit home runs all the time is how people blow up accounts...

Signed,
Someone that has blown up an account in the past

ETA:
Congrats and great work Ragoo!
singles is trading
Home runs is gambling

I had to stop gambling.
I RESEMBLE THIS REMARK
Irish 2.0 said:

Bob Knights Liver said:

If Powell doesn't get re-appointed I could see Yellen moving over and them putting someone at the Treasury. Yellen will keep rates low and prop the market as long as possible. Inflation for days.
Now this is an interesting twist - have Yellen back in the seat. That would be crazy, left-field move.

If Brainard gets it I think AG 2000' s quote from 9 or 10 pages back is spot on
Quote:

AG 2000' said:

She'd be a great pick if they intend to force the digital US Dollar and destroy paper money.
However, a lot of voters the Libs brought in across the border have a strong desire for cash. More freebies coming to change their minds..

BTW, I'm buying more SAVA today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I sold more $45 puts that I'd bought back Monday or last week, but I didn't buy any more shares. What made you decide to buy more today? Think we found a bottom or is there some reason you feel more confident in FDA approval than you did yesterday?
I don't understand why a person/group(competitors) would spend money to bash a product if it truly does not work. If the product is no good, the Phase 3 tests will confirm the drug is a bust. Accomplishes the same thing with no expense. Just short the stock and wait. They can make their money. That's my logic.

However, these lawyer & doctor cats are putting time and money into a campaign and they're saying the drug is a bad deal or won't work or false science or whatever. Too much money being spent by expert folks that are confident SAVA is a bust. My sniffer tells me otherwise.

ETA: Not sure what you meant in the comment "...is there some reason you feel more confident in FDA approval than you did yesterday?" I haven't changed in my view on SAVA. All this negative campaigning out there is getting me bulled up.
jwhitlock3
mazag08 said:

I think there's a good chance VEON is about to plant its foot in the ground and Achane toward $2.80 over the next two weeks.

Planning out this whole structure, let's assume you don't yet have shares.

Let's call it a $2.00 entry tomorrow with 100 shares. That gives us ($200) basis, and $200 market value.
Once we approach $2.80 we will sell a covered call understanding that we are expecting a pull back. Once we feel we've gotten enough pullback, we will buy back the calls we sold. Next step is $3.20. Again, as we approach, we will sell a call and again buy it back after a small correction. Ultimately, we should be finishing around $3.50 at which point we will sell all of our shares.

Even without the covered call premiums, we are expecting VEON to give us a 70-75% ROI ($150 profit on $200 spend). While timing is always tough, Fib fans, fib arcs, and my Elliott Wave channel are all pointing to June 2022 for finality.

If anyone wants to jump in and ride this wave let me know. I've posted the setup before and it's been tracking PERFECTLY (just search VEON with my screen name). We've already got waves 1 & 2 in place. Subwave i of 3 is in place and subwave ii of 3 is either done or about to be. It's almost the point of no return if you aren't in yet.

We've continued to set new lows here with this guy, I hate to cut it loose and take a loss on something that looks oversold but I had a stop loss set at 1.80 and I'm about to trigger it. Any other thoughts on this guy?
Spoony Love
AG
I wish Pyle Electronics was public unless I'm missing something. All these protesters using Pyle megaphones would make for good profits I think.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I have similar thoughts. I think it's shorts and rival bios both having reason to push this down as far as they can before we start getting more Ph3 PR or results. My reason for asking - with it moving so much today I've been curious if anyone had reasons for sentiment changes today.
mazag08
AG
I'm hanging on above $1.78. It's in pretty oversold territory and today's action left us with a small gap above.

FTAG 2000
AG
Speculation I'm seeing today is SAVA is short squeeze by WSB. Don't have access to that reddit to see.
Ragoo
AG
I need to update my watch list

Please post recommendations for high cap high beta stocks

Thanks
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I don't understand why a person/group(competitors) would spend money to bash a product if it truly does not work. If the product is no good, the Phase 3 tests will confirm the drug is a bust. Accomplishes the same thing with no expense. Just short the stock and wait. They can make their money. That's my logic.

However, these lawyer & doctor cats are putting time and money into a campaign and they're saying the drug is a bad deal or won't work or false science or whatever. Too much money being spent by expert folks that are confident SAVA is a bust. My sniffer tells me otherwise.

ETA: Not sure what you meant in the comment "...is there some reason you feel more confident in FDA approval than you did yesterday?" I haven't changed in my view on SAVA. All this negative campaigning out there is getting me bulled up.
A bit more to add,...I posted this before - I've had 3 experiences with the FDA for new products - explaining testing and associated claims and looking for their guidance to do whatever they deemed necessary before making claims about the product when delivering to the marketplace and/or not receiving approval. 2 times up close interactions, 1 time I was at a distance. I have the utmost respect for the FDA Researchers that interview/interrogate/and ask some tough questions and you better have supported answers. With my experience, I cannot see where FDA would allow SAVA Phase 3 to move forward if they thought the Citizens Petition had merit. Just can't see it. Those FDA folks are smart. Attorney language and assertions don't sway them. In the end, FDA may not approve SAVA's drug and/or claims, but until that decision is rendered, I believe SAVA is on the right track. Just my experience and I am no expert. Just know what we had to do.
jwhitlock3
mazag08 said:

I'm hanging on above $1.78. It's in pretty oversold territory and today's action left us with a small gap above.

Perfect, thanks, wanted to see how you felt about it. Things just feel overdone today.
mazag08
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

mazag08 said:

Perfect, thanks, wanted to see how you felt about it. Things just feel overdone today.
It's also sitting right on one of the fib fan levels, which will overlap one of the fib arc levels at the end of the month.

Maybe that means something, maybe it doesn't. We identified a good entry spot and it continued to show weakness that lined up with the macro market waekness. Sucks that we didn't buy in $0.20 lower, but the trajectory is still up and this was not a short term play. I was clear that my expectation was June 2022.

Had we bought options, I'd probably be bailing. But we bought shares. We're ok unless you really need to raise cash in a hurry.
CheladaAg
AG
Just hope IWM isn't going to run back into the Darvis Box it's been in throughout this year.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone going long DIS with shares here?

Down after a bad earnings but this company always manages to reinvent itself. With possible expanding college
Football playoffs, could be more games and more viewers for ESPN. Company is a bit woke for my taste, but seems a solid company and will be even better after COVID.

Thoughts?
Triple_Bagger
I've been accumulating DIS since it dipped under $160. Bought more today.
First Page Last Page
Page 4669 of 6613

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.