Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,050 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
agdaddy04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoying this ride on RBLX, just wondering if it'll hold this time around.
austinAG90
AG
Yes between SAVA and ASAN bad execution.....Time to shut down and go deer hunting.....
Spoony Love
AG
I'm with you. Losses enough in the first two days of the week I may consider just sitting out. Trying to recognize bad decision trends earlier and sitting out.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$BA liftoff?
My Original purchase here was DEC19 215/225 call spreads.......I just sold the 215's and moved up to 220's for a credit equal to the amount I paid for the spreads, so now I'll hold risk free spreads to see how the stock behaves awhile.

Summary:

1) original buy DEC19 215c/225c vertical spread @ $3 ea
2) "sold" 215c/220c vertical spreads for $3 ea just now
3) Now holding 220c/225c net free spreads for Dec 19
Just followed you on this. 8:45 AM and already learned something new today.
This is one of my risk management methods. Holding spreads, if you can roll one of the long strikes to take risk off, I'll do this.....if I can sell a higher spread that meets at the short strike to create a butterfly, I'll do this to take risk off.......these are all different ways to protect your capital while leaving "runners' so to speak.....
Just wanted to bump this and say thanks again.

Have been able to do this with five different spread positions since you mentioned. Having the risk completely off and riding these "net free" is great.

Thanks again Mcinnis.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm trading vxx weekly 21.5 puts until it comes down enough to reenter calls for next Friday. So far so good
agdaddy04
AG
Went ahead and sold out of RBLX for now. Each time I didn't sell on the big gains before I regretted it. Also, closed out the majority of PETZ.
ClutchCityAg
NRD09 said:

I'm trading vxx weekly 21.5 puts until it comes down enough to reenter calls for next Friday. So far so good

Just saw this alert on cheddar.. hmm
Irish 2.0
If the VIX closes over 18.50, we could be in for some fun...
astros4545
AG
Selling SNDL CCs for Friday for 1cent....scalping time
frankm01
agdaddy04 said:

Went ahead and sold out of RBLX for now. Each time I didn't sell on the big gains before I regretted it. Also, closed out the majority of PETZ.
Same for me on RBLX. I got out at $104.00 today.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone have any good set up or play to make big profits on TSLA falling?

Wouldn't mind an extra zero in my account? Lol even to change a single number up would be nice haha.
Spoony Love
AG
Define fun?
FTAG 2000
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Wouldn't mind an extra zero in my account? Lol even to change a single number up would be nice haha.
Buy a put near the current price and hold onto your butt? (and set a tight stop loss).
Irish 2.0
Spoony Love said:

Define fun?
Fast, aggressive moves within channels. If the VIX closes over the 50DMA, I think we'll be seeing that correction I mentioned and backtesting which is desperately needed right now on alot of things
BaylorSpineGuy
Would you hold it overnight?
Irish 2.0
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Would you hold it overnight?
Only if you can afford to lose most of it. You're playing against a guy that gives the middle finger to the SEC and routinely makes tweets that crush people...on both sides.

Literally a 20pts bounce in 3mins
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

LCID put spreads
it's still way extended, above all EMA's. heck the 20 day is 33.55, 100 day is 25.86.

maybe I'll listen to myself and grab a couple put spreads for fun.
agdaddy04
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Looks like got out of both too soon but I was feeling nervous. too many others I've gotten too greedy with.
BaylorSpineGuy
So which strikes do you trade? I've not done any spreads before but have read plenty on them. You prefer credit or debit spreads? Weekly expiries?
ClutchCityAg
astros4545 said:

Selling SNDL CCs for Friday for 1cent....scalping time
Im waiting for break over .71 to sell some short dated CCs. We have three attempts at .71 in the last 48hr
Irish 2.0
I added some PYPL here. S/L 196
agdaddy04
AG
is the insider sale on UPWK what is driving it down? sure seems like a small % to make a difference.
spud1910
AG
mazag08 said:

agdaddy04 said:

PETZ with another outstanding day. What is your guys exit point here?
I got out at $4.20

I sold enough at $6.50 to go net free. More at $8.50 and holding runners now.
McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

$BA liftoff?
My Original purchase here was DEC19 215/225 call spreads.......I just sold the 215's and moved up to 220's for a credit equal to the amount I paid for the spreads, so now I'll hold risk free spreads to see how the stock behaves awhile.

Summary:

1) original buy DEC19 215c/225c vertical spread @ $3 ea
2) "sold" 215c/220c vertical spreads for $3 ea just now
3) Now holding 220c/225c net free spreads for Dec 19
Just followed you on this. 8:45 AM and already learned something new today.
This is one of my risk management methods. Holding spreads, if you can roll one of the long strikes to take risk off, I'll do this.....if I can sell a higher spread that meets at the short strike to create a butterfly, I'll do this to take risk off.......these are all different ways to protect your capital while leaving "runners' so to speak.....
Just wanted to bump this and say thanks again.

Have been able to do this with five different spread positions since you mentioned. Having the risk completely off and riding these "net free" is great.

Thanks again Mcinnis.
There are so many ways to take risk off without just closing a trade. I think that's one of the funnest parts of trading, figuring out what are alternate ways to make the most of what you've got going.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FTAG 2000
AG
VIX rising.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
An interesting potential MA stock I'm looking into is $ENVX. This is a domestic lithium-ion battery play. I found it down a Marc Chooses rabbit hole. Maybe Texags can get WWR and these guys together

McInnis 03
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'm looking at longer dated spreads that are OTM to get some more of these big r/r plays......maybe JAN 230/250's for $2.40?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AG 2000' said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Buy a put near the current price and hold onto your butt? (and set a tight stop loss).

I bought some cheap call flies and spreads today during the meltdown. I'm pairing those with the put flies I bought last week and yesterday.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Irish 2.0 said:

I think if it gives up that 1020 area it's got another 100pts in it on a dip to close that gap at 910

From a 1-hour chart and daily, I have the gap as $950 (open on 10/25) to $910 (close on 10/22). And yes, I wouldn't be surprised if we get there sometime during or before OPEX week. I'll take profits before then but leave runners in case that happens.
agdaddy04
AG
So any chance PSFE gets a bump from the RBLX run this week? I picked an astronomically bad time to invest in this company earlier this year and didn't set stops.
Irish 2.0
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

I'm looking at longer dated spreads that are OTM to get some more of these big r/r plays......maybe JAN 230/250's for $2.40?
I'm not big on spreads. Never really been my thing. I contemplated doing naked puts, but then decided I dont't mind owning PYPL here. This thing has been so beat up the last two months that I think it will be a winner with any correction.

It hasn't seen this price level in almost a year.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Just now I realized you were probably talking about that volume cliff where once you get below that $1010-$1030 range, there no volume until the $890-$910 range. I'm a little slow today.

Edit/ that was in response again to Irish, not myself.. Apparently I'm really, really slow today.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
BaylorSpineGuy said:

If you wanted to profit on further TSLA downside, start watching put prices now while it's running up. I'd focus on 11/19 expiry. Remember small portions because this is massive lotto risk.
Irish 2.0
Tomas Hermensa said:

Just now I realized you were probably talking about that volume cliff where once you get below that $1010-$1030 range, there no volume until the $890-$910 range. I'm a little slow today.

Edit/ that was in response again to Irish, not myself.. Apparently I'm really, really slow today.
Yes. The gap at 910 blew everything up
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Ok, added these for $2.25. Really really healthy r/r here. Will cut'em if they drop 20% +/- 5%

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 4628 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.