Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,161 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by ProgN
FTAG 2000
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Huge grain of salt here, but there's some chatter in the twitterverse that they are talking buyout with Pfizer.

McInnis 03
AG
AG 2000' said:

Huge grain of salt here, but there's some chatter in the twitterverse that they are talking buyout with Pfizer.

I saw someone earlier today on twitter, someone with like 30 followers, say "just got done with the PFE conf call, pay attention to sava" or something like that.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Schwing!
McInnis 03
AG

McInnis 03
AG
SAVA to 60 here
McInnis 03
AG
I'm seeing blocks of 4K shares crossing here above 60 on sava, that's $270K trasnactions
Triple_Bagger
SAVA rally could also be related to the CAR debacle this morning. If shorts got margin called, it would have happened around the time SAVA spiked.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I'm not sure i understand the mechanics of that. If a fund was short car and sava, car gets squeezed and fund gets margin called, they're not really in a position to cover their sava short position, are they?
docaggie
AG
What's the connection? I must have missed it
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Chef Elko
AG
Knowing SAVA my shares are safe after selling nov 5 $52 covered calls
FTAG 2000
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

SAVA rally could also be related to the CAR debacle this morning. If shorts got margin called, it would have happened around the time SAVA spiked.
That was my initial thought.

Need to hunt more on the Pfizer call link.

It's not in their prepared remarks, maybe something was said during Q&A.
McInnis 03
AG
None that we know of, it's all speculatory.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

in looking at his tweets, this guy ONLY tweets on SAVA it seems.......

https://twitter.com/hooligan1901
agdaddy04
AG
Would SAVA getting bought out be good or would it limit the top end depending upon purchase price? I have some shares at $50 but then others at $80 and some at $85. So I'm bag holding a few still.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Regarding SAVA,....Let'er buck!

I hope those lawyers bringing investigations are on the wrong side of this move.
cptthunder
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

in looking at his tweets, this guy ONLY tweets on SAVA it seems.......

https://twitter.com/hooligan1901

ITS THE RUSSIANS TROLLING TEXAGS F57
What ever the case if it breaks $70 then $80 is up quick which is also the Model T from late August high to low of 40
McInnis 03
AG
All of the furu's are now picking up the action on SAVA.....should rip even more soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
This has been a big move for Tomas. I have more SAVA shares and $70 calls than I'd like to admit. I'm going to sell those 55/100 call spreads but I don't think I'm going to do anything else to take profits here.
FTAG 2000
AG
Pfizer didn't say they were partnering with Cassava. They alluded to potential new business via a partnership in the Alzheimer's space with a promising treatment.

McInnis 03
AG
I can sell this weeks 100C on SAVA for $3.80, seriously???
azul_rain
20 TQQQ shares. Here we go
Triple_Bagger
They don't have a choice.

If they get squeezed on CAR and have to cover their CAR short positions at a large loss, their account gets smaller due to the loss of funds.
If they lose enough money on the CAR squeeze, they no longer have enough funds in their account to cover risk of other short positions.
Brokers issues Margin calls in the morning and in the afternoon (around 12:30).
If the margin call is not met, the Broker will begin liquidating their other positions to either raise enough money to cover their margin requirements or to reduce risk enough so their margin requirement is lower and existing funds cover it.
So if their other position was short a few million shares of SAVA, the broker will force them to buy those back if they can't put up the funds to cover the margin requirement.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Would SAVA getting bought out be good or would it limit the top end depending upon purchase price? I have some shares at $50 but then others at $80 and some at $85. So I'm bag holding a few still.

Both. It will be good but it will establish a top. My guess is that top would be 150 at the very very least
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Littleboyprayingwithdog.jpg
McInnis 03
AG

ProgN
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Regarding SAVA,....Let'er buck!

I hope those lawyers bringing investigations are on the wrong side of this move.
I hate buyout rumors but I'd love nothing more than the short selling mastermind to be destroyed buy a buyout offer. I'd bet a lot of this move is him and his cabal covering their shorts to avoid an absolute ass raping they'd take.
I'll take 3.5 shares of PFE for each share of SAVA I own. Noooooo problem..
FTAG 2000
AG
Did we miss an obvious link between Pfizer and Cassava?

https://www.globenewswire.com/en/news-release/2021/01/04/2152667/8339/en/Cassava-Sciences-Appoints-Dr-James-Kupiec-as-Chief-Clinical-Development-Officer.html

agree
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I can sell this weeks 100C on SAVA for $3.80, seriously???
You can buy these back now for $2.40 if you're a quick trigger.
Touchless
AG
Touchless said:

Touchless said:

I grabbed two earlier this am after the initial peak, but they're 11/5 $1,100 so it's a short leash. Hoping to be able to go net free to see what the rest of the week holds for the other, but if it breaks back up anytime soon, I'm out.
Need to break through this $1,166 area and then $1,162 and then hopefully some room to drop a little more quickly. If it breaks above $1,182 or so, I'm selling mine.
Boy she really settled in here between these two. I sold out earlier for just under a 50% gain. Interested to see which way it goes once it breaks out of this range.
McInnis 03
AG
There goes Gamestop
Triple_Bagger
Thought I was slick buying a weekly SAVA C52 at 1.00 and selling for 2.00 shortly after. It's 18.00 now
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
McInnis 03 said:

There goes Gamestop

Ok I'm buying a lot of vxx weekly calls before close. All hell is going to break loose tonight
jimbo9821
AG
Has anyone held on to OAs CHPT options through today?

Nearing my stop at $23.85, the 29ths LOD and a few other HODs in the last couple months.
First Page Last Page
Page 4603 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.