Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,213 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by ProgN
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
i saw earlier on unusual whales someone bought a huge chunk of AMZN feb 22 calls at 5100
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boy am I glad I sold AMZN last month to buy the ROKU dip.
docaggie
AG
That's insane. Amazon has a tendency to move then consolidate for many moons.
Unless they do split, in which case maybe that would move the needle in that direction
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
La Bamba
AG
AgEng06 said:

La Bamba said:

There's only place you need to be fishing for earning report dates…. The company's investor relations website. All you need to do is type in "WWR IR" in Google and it'll be first or second link.

https://wes****erresources.net/investors/presentations-events/
Thanks. Can you show me on that page where the earnings report date is, or at least tell us what the date is?

They'll drop an announcement or pr for when they plan on the date. Fidelity, or whatever service you use just try to guesstimate the ER based on when the last one was. Only source of truth is when the company y announces it.
FTAG 2000
AG
Boy AAPL sure is holding the short term fate of SPY and QQQ in its hands after that whiff by AMZN.
Touchless
AG
I was hoping AMZN and AAPL dips would drag SPY down along with it. I played that as an overall hedge as it's cheaper than playing the brand names and they have such a big impact on it overall. So far, hasn't been the case.
AgEng06
AG
Got it. Thanks.
Talon2DSO
AG
I think AAPL will follow suit here shortly. If you're still holding puts, this will be a good week for then.

Just me spitballin.
agdaddy04
AG
Should've set that order on AMZN prior to heading to lunch. Damn
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

sts7049 said:

i'm buying nov 5 160c's for my lottos
I bought literally 2 145p's just in case.....but earnings this week have been pretty much premium burners in tech at time of release for the most part.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Dan Scott
AG
AAPL tank!!!!
Dan Scott
AG
Did CNBC publish the AMZN results 30 minutes early on their website?

Amazon (AMZN) earnings Q3 2021 (cnbc.com)

TECH
Amazon badly misses on earnings and revenue, gives disappointing fourth-quarter guidance
PUBLISHED THU, OCT 28 20213:32 PM EDTUPDATED 2 MIN AGO
Talon2DSO
AG
Dan Scott said:

AAPL tank!!!!

SF2004
AG
My $150P expiring tomorrow might actually print something.

Though with my luck it will open back above $150 cause reasons.
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

sts7049 said:

I bought literally 2 145p's just in case.....but earnings this week have been pretty much premium burners in tech at time of release for the most part.

Nice work! wish I had bought some weekly put spreads on it. They'd have been big winners.

on BA, I was playing put spreads on it, but bailed early. It did have a lower high today and lower low. There was some volume on the reversal, but with the market dumping, it may flash lower tomorrow before truly reversing. Just my small acct 2 cents.
Dan Scott
AG
AMZN hanging around its 200 and AAPL around its 50. Both holding up pretty good.
Red Rover
AG
Dan Scott said:

If things get ugly, the time is now. We had a what looks like a blowoff top this morning and now earnings from Big tech which have a lot of weight on the S&P. FB was blah, AMZN, GOOGL, AAPL, MSFT coming up

The Dan Scott, ladies and gentlemen.
Red Rover
Dan Scott
AG
Damn MVIS what a POS. This is another example of going net free and letting your profit slowly fade by holding crappy stocks.

I'm getting in and out going forward after a big move.
sts7049
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

sts7049 said:

there is still time for a comeback
Red Rover
AG
Dan Scott said:

Damn MVIS what a POS. This is another example of going net free and letting your profit slowly fade by holding crappy stocks.

I'm getting in and out going forward after a big move.

After you go net free, it's still a trade. If the setup fails or whatever caused you to get in changes, that's the time to get out. I'm bad about taking losses, bit it has to be done.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Mvis is the perfect example of why you go net free. Tons of risk, competing in an increasingly crowded space, could moon or could never sell a unit and go to 0. Net free should give you the peace of mind to let you hold without caring if it goes to 0, so long as you're guaranteed a seat if the rocket takes off
ProgN
Red Rover said:

After you go net free, it's still a trade. If the setup fails or whatever caused you to get in changes, that's the time to get out. I'm bad about taking losses, bit it has to be done.
FWIW, the bolded part of your post is the most valuable lesson that everyone here should learn, but it's also the hardest. When you do it will separate you from about 95% of everyone in the market and you'll make more money and your account will grow beyond belief.
McInnis 03
AG
sts7049 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

sts7049 said:

there is still time for a comeback

Agree
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
mazag08
AG
AG 2000' said:

What just happened to IMMR?

Same exact thing as CHWY and multiple other stocks.

My opinion is that it's corrective and will find another low. In EW, it just topped in a 4th wave before a 5th wave down to bottom in a larger degree wave 4 before starting the larger degree 5th wave up.
OutlawAG04
WWR related- I saw someone post about another mine in Alabama closer to Highway 280 (Ceylon Project) so I started hunting around a little bit. Haven't found much yet, but came across the article below. I would be interested to know what companies are trying to grab up mineral rights/leasing rights in this graphite belt. Anyone see anything else?

https://www.alexcityoutlook.com/news/its-no-gold-rush-yet-but-wes****er-resources-isnt-the-only-prospector-in-coosa-county/article_76f48bd2-deb5-11eb-828f-a377cf505c8b.html
Brewmaster
AG
anyone else notice this one AMC?

BaylorSpineGuy
Now I've really done it lol. I sold a 29C for 11/26 on my LCID last week to lower my avg price. Then, I got stuck in an emergency today and I come out find LCID shot its wad.

I guess I'm gonna hope price falls back and then either buy the call back at a better price than today or hope it can somehow expire worthless.

My timing is impeccable.
bmoochie
AG
BREwmaster said:

I have and been following it selling covered calls on my shares. Now I don't know what to do as we approach the end of the wedge lol. I assume it's going to take off so I have stopped but also feel like this stock has been manipulated a lot
mazag08
AG
mazag08
AG
BREwmaster said:

The top was a full 5 waves up. Which means that what it's been doing since June is a 2nd wave retracement which usually targets 61% but can theoretically get as low as the start of Wave 1 (all time low in this case) as long as it doesn't break that level.

For AMC, the 61% retracement was $28.92 and it got it nearly perfectly on August 5 hitting $28.91. That level also happened to be really close to the 123% of extension of the a-wave (the initial decline from the all time high before correcting upward a little).

So there's an extremely good, and Fibonacci supported chance that the bottom is in for this 2nd wave. But I personally don't like the structure, and everything that has happened since has been corrective in nature which usually signals the potential that we are still in the 2nd wave and likely the b-wave of it which would correct upward. That would make all of the downward action between the ATH and $28.91 the a-b-c action of the larger A wave. The larger B wave looks to have landed between the 50% and 61% retracement of the larger A wave, with the c-wave leg within it hitting the 123% extension of the a-wave within it. So I feel very comfortable that the move up from the $28.91 low is indeed corrective, though I will keep an alternate on the table.

So that leaves us with the larger C wave. And remember, c-waves take the shape of 5 impulsive waves down. Starting at the top of the B wave on September 13th at a price of $52.79, we enter a clearly impulsive downward structure. While this could be an a-wave of a 2nd wave following an impulsive wave 1 up (the bottom is already in scenario), it is much more likely it is the C wave we are waiting on. Our current action would place us somewhere in wave 5 of C to complete our second wave in a not uncommon a=c manner (where they end up at the same general point on the chart. There's another a=c where they cover the same distance which would place this C down near $15 to close a gap way to the downside.. but I don't see that kind of tanking in the books).

Here's a zoomed in view of our C wave.

And if I draw on my chart.. I believe this is what the cool kids call "flagging" amirite?

As a reminder, there is a chance we've already bottomed and we're in a weird shaped retracement of the first leg up from the low. I would NOT bet on the downside at this point. Too much weird action in the overall market. And as Avi Gilburt always says.. predicting a corrective wave is like throwing jello for distance. Love that saying.
BaylorSpineGuy
Remember when I said a month or two ago AMZN could potentially fall to 2600 or so if it lost the neckline of 3185 or so?

Their abysmal earnings report may be just the catalyst for that to happen over next week or two. I'm shocked the SPY is only down marginally in PM trading, but I bet the hurt will be on once the bell rings.

Another busy day in surgery for me today, so I'll just read about the carnage when my day is over.

GL today everyone. It's Lotto Friday…..buy a scratch off.
agdaddy04
AG
With me being long in shares, is it time to dump them before that big dip? Only concern I have is when something pushes it up, it goes quick. And this is in IRA, so funds aren't needed for awhile.
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 4594 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.