Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,038,904 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 22 min ago by ProgN
cageybee77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
baloryspineguy's or redrover's post (WWR) depending on which post you're referring to.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I'll add on to the current $WWR discussion. I am a lurker here, mainly post elsewhere, and I too am curious where and when the price talk on WWR shifted timelines. Fortunately I'm not holding bags on bags on this one, but with what is happening out there I am sure some folks probably have better current uses of capital. My horizon is long so I don't really mind just HODL'ing, but again I don't think that may be the case for all here.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BaylorSpineGuy
Forgive my ignorance, but I'm always interested and appreciative when Austin Ag gives his update….but who does he work for?

He's talked about when they were "on the plane"(presumably traveling to DC?), and he used the term "we" a lot when discussing where they think rates are going, how stocks move, etc.
austinAG90
AG
Thursday Macros.....

Treasuries Hit Highs in Asian Time...Equities Lower.. then Mild Reverse...Powell

Ten years hit the overnight highs at 9 PM overnight at 1.67...Long bonds 2.155, reversed in London time, but just as we start to write this, they are now heading higher in yield... We think this could be the day we break above 1.70. There is talk of a mega AerCap deal coming today, we do not know the size as of yet, but an ugly 20 year auction yesterday with a 2.7 basis tail tells us that the rate structure has more wood to chop towards higher rates... Equities were flattish during Asian time but have remained lower since London came in... We would have thought that talk that the Arizona Senator, on her own, is able to scrap the corporate tax hike would have given more of a boost to equities, but that could have already been built in.

Inflation continues to be in the headlines globally.. We sense some of the supply chain is about to get better, but only marginally... The LA port processed 903,865 TEUs in September, the busiest September ever in the Port's 114 year history... Year to date TEU's processed are up 26% compared to 2020, but we do not know how bad 2020 was in comparison... Chinese power concerns tell us that the supply chain problems are not over by a long shot.. The globalization of supply chain is in the process of transition... Meanwhile we observed in the Beige book that Pressure was mentioned 32 times versus 30, Covid 31 times versus 27, Uncertain 26 versus 17, Constrained 27 versus 7, and Bottleneck 7 times versus once... The FT has a good article that retail online prices are soaring versus the historical Amazon influence of deflationary influence... According to a report from Adobe, prices of retail websites are up 3.3% Year over Year in September, in contrast to the 2-5% annual declines in recent years...

Fed... Waller is up at 9 am, should be interesting... He is the new one to watch, as he tells it as it is, without worrying about politics... The new Kaplan... And the uber dove Williams is up at 9 Pm...but the big Kahuna is Powell tomorrow at 11 Am, the last before the black out Fed period for the upcoming meeting.

Corporates continue on a roll with over 30 billion this week so far..TSMC brought a 4.5 billion 4 tranche deal yesterday that was 3 x oversubscribed...as we mentioned above there is a mega deal AerCap issuance expected today as they finished their road show last night... Junk sales continue to issue...in Munis there seems to be more of a trickle. Sales of new long term Munis tumbled 24% YOY to just 67 billion between September 1 and October 19.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
He's also mentioned that he had to jump through some hoops to get permission to share these with us. I'm happy to be appreciative and not ask questions
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maybe today is a nice consolidation day into jpow's talk tomorrow then rip into close for a big fat green bar on the weekly?
BaylorSpineGuy
Got it. I'll assume it's solid and nod with appreciation.
mazag08
AG
Apparently rate cap prices on commercial loans have skyrocketed recently. Not a huge deal, but something we've been told to prepare for prior to closing our multifamily acquisitions.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Better to not look a gift horse in the mouth..
Triple_Bagger
Recent SPX Gaps:
4520-4524 (10/20)
4487-4497 (10/19)
4438-4448 (10/15)
4367-4400 (10/14)

Gaps usually get filled, the question is when.

McInnis 03
AG
Couple interesting charts to me in my searches this morning

SCPL - Did we just hit a double top, or are we about to break a daily bull flag? The bull flag argument can be made in that it's holding the 8day moving average........watching

NMG - Graphite play......crazy gaps on this chart, and yet another daily bull flagger with 8 day respect.

Also, HOOD is screaming something to me, just not sure what....and earnings soon.

#McWatchlist
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Red to green! Ring the bell!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Red to green! Ring the bell!
Barty Dont Hedge
People like wacking the D....DWAC
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
DIS!
BaylorSpineGuy
I almost bought shares in INDI earlier this week. Decided not to. Maybe that was a mistake. It's up almost 20% since the weekend.

Auto-Semiconductor play.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

NRD09 said:

I bought a crwd 272.5 for next week, feels like someone is trying to keep it down through today's expiration after this week's partnership news and subsequent rip

Well that was a good entry. Got 1 at 5.45 and averaged down and snagged another at 5.25. 1k on weeklies is a big gamble for me, but up 20% already

Net free, 1 left

Just sold the last one for 14. Premium pretty much gone anyway. Now to wait for a good entry for earnings
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So LUV beats earnings...and tanks. Wth.
Saltyag15
AG
Sub $50 may be a decent buy zone for a long term hold with the possibility of 30%+ returns if it gets back to 52wk high area.

Edit: On LUV. Forgot to quote Brian Earl Spilner's post.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

BEKE

I know nothing about this one actual ticker. Just looking at option flow and the chart.

Major OTM call buying happening before the bell for the December. Volume also greater than OI.

Chart looks primed. It's tested $22 resistance twice in the last couple months and been rejected both times. Closed right at it on Friday.

Gonna be monitoring this one Monday for a possible entry if it can show a clear breakout above $22.
I entered the Dec $25 call Monday. Doubled my position today when the dip got bought up.

Looking at the volume shelf, if this thing can crack $22 with some authority, it looks like it can really run.
Cracking $22 and holding at the moment. Calls are up nicely.

After BEKE took off this morning it held and consolidated on the $23 level. Nice to see some consolidation for the next leg up. Option flow looks the same. Looking at the volume profile in my previous message, this thing could trade pretty thin between here and up to $50. By no means am I Zack Morris with obscene PT, but I can see it getting into the 30s over the next several weeks.
BEKE is a freaking machine!!!
Triple_Bagger
***RUMOR*** SNDL TLRY

Street Color: Unconfirmed Social Media Chatter Claims Possible Acquisition of Sundial Growers, Tilray Mentioned as Potential Suitor
TexasAg2017
AG
Triple_Bagger said:

***RUMOR*** SNDL TLRY

Street Color: Unconfirmed Social Media Chatter Claims Possible Acquisition of Sundial Growers, Tilray Mentioned as Potential Suitor

This would make my leaps happy
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Zm is confirming reversal on the weekly, right? I just bought 295/300 spreads for next fri for .38, and 320/340 for nov 12 for .65
Brewmaster
AG
NRD09 said:

DIS!
Send it!
ProgN
I'm free again from being in timeout.

Checkout DWAC, the spac Trump is launching his social media platform with.

Trump-linked SPAC shares soar more than 60% on news of social media deal

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/21/trump-linked-spac-shares-soar-more-than-40percent-on-news-of-social-media-deal.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
FTAG 2000
AG
Anyone have a good AFRM play to couple with Amazon earnings next week?

Toying with spreads but can't figure out a good handle.
McKinney Ag69
AG
What are the implications for SNDL stock price if they are bought out?
McInnis 03
AG
Barty Dont Hedge said:

People like wacking the D....DWAC

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
DWAC has warrants...DWACW, cheap.

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

How does this work?

Is each warrant equivalent to a share? i.e., DWACW is at $7ish. Why would anyone buy DWAC with the warrants being $10 cheaper?
Red Rover
AG
AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

How does this work?

Is each warrant equivalent to a share? i.e., DWACW is at $7ish. Why would anyone buy DWAC with the warrants being $10 cheaper?
Doesn't the warrant give the holder the option to purchase a share? Presumably at $10 for this SPAC?
FTAG 2000
AG
Red Rover said:

AG 2000' said:

McInnis 03 said:

How does this work?

Doesn't the warrant give the holder the option to purchase a share? Presumably at $10 for this SPAC?
I just dug and found it -

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1849635/000110465921090302/tm2117087d2_s1a.htm

Quote:

Each whole warrant entitles the holder thereof to purchase one share of our Class A common stock at a price of $11.50 per share, subject to adjustment as described herein.

Doesn't that make the effective price of a share the warrant price + 11.50? So if you get DWACW at $6 you are paying 17.50 per share (if you want to buy the shares)?

agdaddy04
AG
Just be careful with warrants. I bought a decent amount of APPHW because it seemed like a "sure thing" but since you have to wait to exercise them, and app harvest hasn't been as successful as everyone seemed to think they would be they're just about worthless now. And now I'll have to spend extra money just to convert or let them go down to nothing as sunk cost.
SpeedyAg90
AG
H&S on SPY ?
First Page Last Page
Page 4567 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.