Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,288 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by ProgN
TMOOSE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A girl said she accidentally blocked me once... I still don't believe her.

Charles, I got you again if needed.. lol
Bob Knights Paper Hands
You aren't arguing that growth stocks never increase in value until they make a profit are you? Or that every company has 100% of their future capital expenditures sitting around in cash are you? Because both of those would be false. I have some concerns about WWR myself, but these two items are not correct.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

What are your thoughts on the divergence on the S&P 500 price-volume?

It has climbed a big hill in a short time on low volume with several gap-ups.

Is this thing gonna fall hard? Everyone scared to death with all the FUD in the media, and yet the indexes just keep pushing. It's hard to reconcile.
it's weird. Trade what you see, not what you hear.
Dan Scott
AG
Also from the 10Q. Lincoln Park can buy shares from the company at an agreed discount to market. There is no requirement to hold the stock either.

The initial agreement said that the company can not sell anymore than 20% of it's common stock unless it sells shareholder approve or they sell at $6.15. Us idiot shareholders voted to approve issuance of more than 20% of the share's outstanding at the May 21 shareholder meeting.

However Lincoln Park themselves can't own more than 10% of the common stock at a single point in time. So if I get this correctly, Lincoln Park can purchase shares at a discount and flip them the next day. The game works as long as the stock is climbing.

This is interesting story about a Pump and Dump where Lincoln Park has almost the exact financing terms with the company.

The Secret to Making 2000% in Stocks Overnight, the Anavex story. | by Jean Fonteneau | Medium
agdaddy04
AG
Now that SOFI has hit yalls target price of $21 are you getting out of it or staying in?
Dan Scott
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

You aren't arguing that growth stocks never increase in value until they make a profit are you? Or that every company has 100% of their future capital expenditures sitting around in cash are you? Because both of those would be false. I have some concerns about WWR myself, but these two items are not correct.
No, I'm saying that for WWR to finish their project they need cash. They won't generate cash until after the project is completed. THey've already diluted the shareholders about 50% this year. More dilution is coming so they can finish their project. There's close to 0 hype right now in this stock. Without the excitement surrounding like other stocks which made no money but were valued on future prospects, this will stay dead money. The market cap of the company right now = their cash. The market is placing no value on anything else they own or their future.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sofi may be my new favorite stock. I'm gonna keep buying $1 otm calls 1-2 weeks out on any dip
Dan Scott
AG
Ragoo said:

I am out of WWR. Took my load. Removed from watchlist.
I hope you didn't lose too much. I went net free after the initial rally eelier this year so still holding and selling $5 calls for lunch money every month since about May.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
They can secure a partnership, get Federal or State Governments to pay for some of the capital, or do other means of financing other than share dilution. I was appalled that share holders approved the shelf of $150 MM and I believe that's what holds the price down so low, but they don't have to issue more shares.
Ragoo
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Ragoo said:

we LOVE that show. Hilarious.
Ragoo
AG
Dan Scott said:

Ragoo said:

I hope you didn't lose too much. I went net free after the initial rally eelier this year so still holding and selling $5 calls for lunch money every month since about May.
nah.
Jet Black
Thought WWR was supposed to "do something" 4Q 2021? Is this like Aggie football? Next year is our year!
Mojave
AG
Dan Scott said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

No, I'm saying that for WWR to finish their project they need cash. They won't generate cash until after the project is completed. THey've already diluted the shareholders about 50% this year. More dilution is coming so they can finish their project. There's close to 0 hype right now in this stock. Without the excitement surrounding like other stocks which made no money but were valued on future prospects, this will stay dead money. The market cap of the company right now = their cash. The market is placing no value on anything else they own or their future.
WWR is not planning on extracting anything from the ground until "at least 2028".
Between 2023 and then they are going to "process" feedstock from "outside sources" to refine the product for market (phase 1). Phase 2 is to increase this processing capacity. Currently they don't really have many employees, maybe a couple dozen. Many of those are "executives". So far all I see definitively are the plans to process material, not mine it. Building an actual mine to extract ore is their "third phase" which is only "currently under consideration", i.e., on the drawing board at best.
This is a long-term thing. The business model is compelling as the need will increase exponentially for lots of reasons. I suspect they are counting on investments from battery makers like Tesla to help them build the mine. They have lots of hurdles though. They don't own the land. I imagine lots of legal stuff and negotiations. They may never get there. Perhaps well into the 2030s if at all.
I'm in for a modest number of shares. I kinda wish I wasn't but I'll stick with it for the long run. If someone like Tesla does come in and sign a sole-source agreement with them or something like that it may take off. But it could stay flat for years.
If anyone has any other insights, I'd love to hear them.
BaylorSpineGuy
You guys want to be some really special degenerates?

I accidentally found this stock looking for other stocks. It's called BBRRF. Blueberries Medical Corp. it's some medical cannabis company based out of Colombia. After I started reading about it, I got intrigued. I have not committed one penny to this company, but the chart actually looks interesting.

Anyone familiar?
FTAG 2000
AG
agdaddy04 said:

Now that SOFI has hit yalls target price of $21 are you getting out of it or staying in?

I think wait and see what happens. It's at a long term resistance point at $21. Also a convergence with the down trend line. RSI is pegged, it's also on a TTM_Squeeze on the daily.

I'd set a tight stop but let it ride.

Thundergon

HoustonAg2014
AG
Jet Black said:

Thought WWR was supposed to "do something" 4Q 2021? Is this like Aggie football? Next year is our year!

Yeah I'm confused by the "it was always a end of next year or 2023 play" comment… OA said the big boom would be 3Q-4Q of 2021 then it got delayed to 1Q of 2022. Not 2023… what am I missing here?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
volume in $WWR is starting to perk up a little bit.

HoustonAg2014
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I always thought this was a volume/technicals short term play. I noticed volume went from like 300k a day to 3-5m recently. Figured that's what we are shooting for but need one of those 100m share buys
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

BEKE

I know nothing about this one actual ticker. Just looking at option flow and the chart.

Major OTM call buying happening before the bell for the December. Volume also greater than OI.

Chart looks primed. It's tested $22 resistance twice in the last couple months and been rejected both times. Closed right at it on Friday.

Gonna be monitoring this one Monday for a possible entry if it can show a clear breakout above $22.
I entered the Dec $25 call Monday. Doubled my position today when the dip got bought up.

Looking at the volume shelf, if this thing can crack $22 with some authority, it looks like it can really run.
Cracking $22 and holding at the moment. Calls are up nicely.

After BEKE took off this morning it held and consolidated on the $23 level. Nice to see some consolidation for the next leg up. Option flow looks the same. Looking at the volume profile in my previous message, this thing could trade pretty thin between here and up to $50. By no means am I Zack Morris with obscene PT, but I can see it getting into the 30s over the next several weeks.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Aggiesincebirth said:

I always thought this was a volume/technicals short term play. I noticed volume went from like 300k a day to 3-5m recently. Figured that's what we are shooting for but need one of those 100m share buys

I think the increased volume has been related to the feasibility release. Maybe perked a bit of new interest but maybe offset by increased people getting out or shorting. Im not sure the increased volume is a good thing for the stock price short term.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

I think the increased volume has been related to the feasibility release. Maybe perked a bit of new interest but maybe offset by increased people getting out or shorting. Im not sure the increased volume is a good thing for the stock price short term.
My basis on this is pretty low from covered calls. I'm just going to wait it out.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
/ES hit +2 today, we are over +1 on the weekly.

This has been such a strange move.
Red Rover
AG
I agree. I'm riding it but I'm ready to get out quickly. I am okay if I miss the last couple months of profit if I have to versus riding this down if tapering+inflation pops the bubble.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Has OA said anything since the study? Just want to know what a catalyst for moving outside of 2023 if there is no news till then. I'm pretty heavily invested but a lot of that was averaging down…. We're still far down as we have been. Need some thing to calm the storm. We fell after Alabama gave them money and same after the study. Both should have moved the stock higher but it's just a steady bleed
BaylorSpineGuy
If the next down day we have on the S&P has higher volume than any of the previous up days, would that suggest a big drop coming?

I'm just trying to get my bearings straight. Looks like ES futures are down. Double top forming?

agdaddy04
AG
Picked up a few thousand shares of JUPW today after hours. Thanks for the rec BSG
Red Rover
AG
I keep reading these are low volume days, but haven't we been on par or above most of the green days during the run up in June-Sept? I'm more concerned with P/C ratio being low, the small number of stocks hitting lows, and the overall super bullish market sentiment than I am with the volume.
cageybee77
AG
i got out of it because with the exception of a couple of spikes the stock has traded flat for way too long. there are simply better places to put my money. I really don't like the idea of putting money in a stock hoping that it will pop some day (and will I be able to capitalize even if it does?).
BaylorSpineGuy
Consider the source, but Cramer was saying tonight that the FAANG stocks typically don't feel the pressure of inflation as heavily as non-FAANG stocks. For this reason, the S&P (which is disproportionately weighted toward FAANG) has continued to rise despite all the brutal news we hear day in and day out about inflation, supply chain, etc.

Again, consider the source. I'm baffled though. I've been super bearish since SPY 427. That seems like miles away now. Maybe that's the wrong emotion. Perhaps I should do opposite of what I feel. But now I don't know what to feel lol.
cageybee77
AG
i turned most of my money back to professional management when I arrived at the point where you have: "don't know what to feel". they have done ok. july and august were good, september sucked, and october is doing pretty good so far under their management. the stuff I trade is following a similar pattern except where I make mistakes (chasing is my number one ***kup). if I could control my buying to "good stocks" in their dips and taking "smalI" profits, I would be very successful.
BaylorSpineGuy
I do have a broker account. I agree they are generally safe, although I feel they are never as interested in my money as I am. I am less than super thrilled with how he's done.

I got in some good earnings plays with him a few weeks ago and made like 25% in under a week. That totaled nearly $4000 in gains. But he never called me to sell (and they weren't great stocks….just saw some volume spikes and good news coming). Now, I'm stuck with them (SFIX and QS are the stocks I'm referring to). He's also got me in WEBR. We have a less than ideal entry, so I've been selling calls on all those positions.
agdaddy04
AG
What's this in regards to?
BrokeAssAggie
Saw this picking up my daughter from dance class.
cageybee77
AG
so, the folks that manage my money could also be described as "not as interested as I am" but they have a method that frankly is difficult to argue with. they understand "business cycles", etc and manage based on my stated tolerance for risk. my complaint is that they do not seem to modulate the amount in cash based on the degree of uncertainty in the market. when the virus caused the last mini-crash there were a number of days between when the virus was known to be spreading and when the market fell. based on my stated tolerance for risk they should have sold some stuff and increased cash holdings. if they had, I could have made money on the mini-crash. as it was, I did just ok.
First Page Last Page
Page 4566 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.