Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,775 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this could be interesting. I am really surprised that there has been no resistance at the 38.2, 50, and 61.8 fib levels so far.

slacker00
AG
last year the indexes did something similar and ended up going back down again before up.

For the spreadsheet you are posting, by the qty and time of day posted I assume those are all quick scalps? Can you give an example of the option selection you are using? I'm assuming weekly or monthly depending on what the underlying has available and ITM strikes.
ProgN

this is just funny
mazag08
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

this could be interesting. I am really surprised that there has been no resistance at the 38.2, 50, and 61.8 fib levels so far.

That's because it's not moving on it's own accord. It's operating hand in hand with S&P. If SPX turns down it will too.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Triple_Bagger said:

Here's the tweet/email

There's obviously a ton of risk in SAVA, but this guy makes 2-3 tweets every day dogging SAVA and making fun of it's employees. Then he supposedly sends an email to someone at the National Institute of Health and gives them a link to a short sellers complaint. When he supposedly receives a vanilla response that they've already got that complaint, he touts it as something new. This is someone short SAVA or being paid as a shill by someone short SAVA or a drug competitor. No one spends hours and hours every week trashing one single company unless they gain financially from the company failing or the CEO is doing their wife.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Weekly ATM options. I've been mostly tactically trading the last couple of months. I scan for volume, chart breakout points, and go for it.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Yes, I know that. The SPX chart would look exactly the same, I just chose NQ.
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

BEKE

I know nothing about this one actual ticker. Just looking at option flow and the chart.

Major OTM call buying happening before the bell for the December. Volume also greater than OI.

Chart looks primed. It's tested $22 resistance twice in the last couple months and been rejected both times. Closed right at it on Friday.

Gonna be monitoring this one Monday for a possible entry if it can show a clear breakout above $22.
I entered the Dec $25 call Monday. Doubled my position today when the dip got bought up.

Looking at the volume shelf, if this thing can crack $22 with some authority, it looks like it can really run.
McInnis 03
AG
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Mastertrader's model is projecting a Black Wednesday crash. Here's a chart

BaylorSpineGuy
Interesting thought. Looks like they should've curtailed spending better and not printed as much money during the Black Plague and French Revolution, and we would've been fine!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If history has taught us any lessens at all it's that we can always blame the French.
BaylorSpineGuy
Actually, looking closer at that model, it looks like the rate of rise starts in late 1700s/early 1800s. Maybe all of Bill Maher's guests are right: the United States is the source for all problems in history, the world over.
Ragoo
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Actually, looking closer at that model, it looks like the rate of rise starts in late 1700s/early 1800s. Maybe all of Bill Maher's guests are right: the United States is the source for all problems in history, the world over.
i would say Catholicism or Islam take that cake.
McInnis 03
AG
Is anyone here following $TTM?

The chart went parabolic, has pulled back to +3ATR (yes, pulled back) and is actually oversold on the daily LOL Trying to see if there is a play here...... The impl. vol is LOW LOW LOW on the options so a play with some time on it could work.......
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
austinAG90
AG
Good Morning Traders...I've been traveling quite a bit and been working on closing some outside investments recently so I apologize for not posting as of late....Let's get back top some Macros.

Treasuries Soar to 1.67 10 Years and 2.12 30...In Asian Time..Waller..DC Reverse

Treasuries were met with heavy selling in early Asian time as the Fed Waller's comments took traders by surprise, along with some progress being made in Infrastructure talks among the Democrats...10 year treasuries soared to 1.67 and long bonds to 2.12, before reversing as London came in... So far we do not sense much of a convexity selloff from rates higher than 1.60 ish, but that does not mean we won't see a spike to 1.70-1.75... But it is going in the direction we expected...

We said that Waller would be the most interesting speaker this week, except for potentially Powell on Friday... We were not disappointed... We did see an expected primary dealer analyst said to ignore the Waller comments...we disagree... While Waller is not known to many, we calculate that he will have the most votes over the next decade at the Fed... He will vote at every meeting for the next 9 years, and he is originally from the St Louis Fed, so a protege of Bullard... A colleague sent me his comments as we were on the flight back to Austin yesterday... The XXXX are the highlights

Fed's Waller Sees Tapering Next Month, Rate Hike 'Some Time Off'

Waller: If Inflation Doesn't Cool by Year-End, Fed Could Bring Rate Increase XXXX

*WALLER: FED BALANCE SHEET CAN SHRINK QUITE QUICKLY IF NEEDED XXXX

*WALLER: FED BALANCE SHEET HOLDS RELATIVELY SHORT-DATED ASSETS XXXX

*Waller: Fed Balance Sheet Could Shrink Fairly Quick on Passive Basis

Fed's Waller: with 'mind-boggling' drop in unemployment, not heading for stagflation

Fed's Waller says higher interest rates may be needed in 2022 if inflation stays high

*WALLER: DON'T SEE ANYTHING THAT RESEMBLES A CREDIT BUBBLE

*WALLER: CHINA'S CBDC EFFORTS NOT THREATENING DOLLAR GLOBAL ROLE

So do not discount these comments..add in the KC Fed report saying that raising rates should be done before tapering ends, is also worth noting... Currently the July 22 meeting is a coin flip as to whether the Fed raises rates... But we still think the longer Biden waits, the less likely Powell gets reappointed... While some fear a Dovish replacement, we do not... Fed Chairs have to toe the line and bad Fed Chairs that try to overwhelm end badly... So while an uncertainty will hurt markets, it won't be long lasting.

Finishing rates...4 Fed speakers today and the beige book... 10 years should range 1.60-1.70... The short end had their exhaustive spike higher on Monday, when 5 years hit 1.19 and the curve had their exhaustive flattening rally about the same time as 5/30 got to about .83.. That is over for now..JP put out a recommendation to put on steepeners and that has worked for now.. We see 5/30 going back to about 110...so far it looks like the volatility for the day will be Asian time... It is still early.

Corporates had a good day yesterday with another 4 borrowers pricing over 10 billion.. That brings us over the 20 billion expected for the week.. In junk, our old friends Carnival, issued a 2 billion deal,, which highlighted a 5 billion day for junk.. That is where the action is . US HY funds had an inflow of 1.1 billion for the latest week after investors had pulled over 2 billion in the last two weeks. Yields in HY has risen to 4.17%, up 14 basis on the month, while CCC's are now at 6.50%, up 24 basis on the month.

Equities... While we still think they are expensive, we have been trading them as we said at the beginning of the month... The first two weeks of October are normally more volatile, and we saw that... The mini correction, if we can call it that, is over... The last two weeks of the month of October are much better, and that is what we are seeing now... But the Fed meeting worries us... As does a report from MS showing that 88% of the S+P 500 members have suffered a 10% correction at some point this year...WHAT 88% OF THE S+P HAVE SUFFERED A 10 % CORRECTION THIS YEAR... YIKES..yet because of the massive Faang stocks doing much better, there was only a drawdown of 5.2% on the average... Normally with 85% or more stocks hit that magnitude, we expect to see at least a 10% correction of the S+P...
slacker00
AG
Thanks. Just confirms what I already knew. My problem is my entries....
E
AG
E
AG
mazag08 said:

BREwmaster said:

DIS
wants to run! may break upward (soon) from the bottom of this channel it's in:

Disney chart mirrors RUT almost perfectly.

Anyone else jumping on some DIS calls this morning? This looks tasty
Ranger222
AG
wanted to draw some attention to HOOD.....starting to come out of a downtrend and its a heavily shorted stock...get any upward movement at all and it can be a fun squeeze....started a position in NOV 45C yesterday. Just trying to play a pop
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

Added PINS 11/19 $60 calls, entry $2.12, target $4.
Looking good so far.
Cowboy Curtis
AG
PROG went dippy
irish pete ag06
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

BEKE

I know nothing about this one actual ticker. Just looking at option flow and the chart.

Major OTM call buying happening before the bell for the December. Volume also greater than OI.

Chart looks primed. It's tested $22 resistance twice in the last couple months and been rejected both times. Closed right at it on Friday.

Gonna be monitoring this one Monday for a possible entry if it can show a clear breakout above $22.
I entered the Dec $25 call Monday. Doubled my position today when the dip got bought up.

Looking at the volume shelf, if this thing can crack $22 with some authority, it looks like it can really run.
Cracking $22 and holding at the moment. Calls are up nicely.
BrokeAssAggie
Cowboy Curtis said:

PROG went dippy
needs to stay above $2.70
BaylorSpineGuy
OCGN looks like it wants to wake up today. Good volume. Bought a few 9c this morning (no surgery today, so had time). Up 15% already.
Spoony Love
AG
Followed you here and left a runner already. Nice pick. Thanks!
Brewmaster
AG
E said:

mazag08 said:

BREwmaster said:

DIS
wants to run! may break upward (soon) from the bottom of this channel it's in:

Disney chart mirrors RUT almost perfectly.

Anyone else jumping on some DIS calls this morning? This looks tasty
big buyer at 3 am at open... then they pushed it back down. I think Nov. 180's are still pretty cheap. or you can go out a week or 2 on verticals, maybe 175/180c.
gougler08
AG
CIDM you beautiful *******
Philip J Fry
AG
So thoughts on SPCE? Awful big gap there that looks like it wants to fill.
jwhitlock3
morning WISH! Getting assigned on $6P last week is paying nicely today.
cmk10
AG
gougler08 said:

CIDM you beautiful *******
Are we still thinking this gets to $10 bucks in the next year or so?
McInnis 03
AG
Bitcoin going parabolic today.

B&I Key:
FTAG 2000
AG
MVIS rocket.
redneckag
AG
Bought some EAT Nov 19 $50P yesterday. Closed them out this morning for an 80% gain, left a runner. I appreciate how helpful and supportive everyone on this thread has been, I have learned a lot from this group.
Ragoo
AG
Tried to catch roku on the flash down low. Set a tight stop and it triggered on the fade.

Not finding much else to trade for today.
First Page Last Page
Page 4563 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.