Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,033,070 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 21 min ago by Happygilmore20
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

I'll be looking for your post that reads,

"Blue Horseshoe loves ________ ."

I'll be hunting for them brother....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

going on strike because they don't won't the jab?
Going on strike cause they (the Deere workers) were promised a 5% raise over the next two years but Social Security COLA was 5.9% and John Deere Corp didn't want to guarantee pensions for younger workers.
trip98
AG
The John deere one is big
Kellogg maybe
But the tv and film people can jump off a cliff. What the hell do we need them for?
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Weather.
FJ43
Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

I have decided to officially reengage the aerospace defense market for another round. The project I've been on the past few weeks morphed into deciding to embrace it with a larger commitment.

While it will cramp my 'retired' lifestyle and being a very active trader, it is a PE opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Great PE group, company, people, potential, throw in an M&A, equity play and the lure of getting back in the saddle for another chance to build something.

I'll be back to shares, selling premium and the occasional options play.

After this one I will plan to just trade full time and stay home with momma FJ. She's ready for me to start shaving again for now...........
So this means no more 3 a.m. market updates??

Thanks for all your contributions on this thread FJ. I am not real good at it yet, but I have a basis thanks in large part to the knowledge that you have shared. Good luck in the business venture!
Man I am sure going to keep trying to post them!

I appreciate that and you're too kind. I am not going anywhere and will keep checking the board every day. I will be just relying on y'all to dig up the gems for a bit! Will be traveling a bunch initially to get it rolling then I will be a bit more settled.

And....I can't stop hunting for them with y'all.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

trip98
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

Every comment I've seen from companies that have required the jab is that very few people leave. I'd think that trend holds true with union folks too
Workers are leaving and striking bc folks are looking for more money and better hours not bc of jab mandates
FJ43
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Looks like John Deere is going on strike - 10,000 workers.

Kelloggs 1,400 workers on strike.

Television and film workers, 60,000 will be on strike if no deal is made by Monday.

I hear the 1970's knocking on my door.

I'd look for these and other companies to shutter some plants permanently if strikes start going rampant. We need manufacturing, not closures.
I think there will be a lot more of this. It is about principle to many regardless of their position of the vaccine being effective or not.

FJ43
trip98 said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

Every comment I've seen from companies that have required the jab is that very few people leave. I'd think that trend holds true with union folks too
Workers are leaving and striking bc folks are looking for more money and better hours not bc of jab mandates
Might also depend on the state.

Ccutamu
FUBO rocket AH.

FUBO Named Authorized Gaming Operator of NASCAR

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211014006023/en/
FJ43
Looks like tech had a day.

agdaddy04
AG
it actually hit over $29 this morning.

Think this rise is sustainable?
59 South
AG
I'm not selling any FUBO shares until it is 100+. Long game with it, although may sell some covered calls. Fun fact, I once sold $60 calls on it for $11 out 6 weeks circa February 2021 AD.
Ccutamu
agdaddy04 said:

it actually hit over $29 this morning.

Think this rise is sustainable?
I sure hope so. I'm still bag holding from the big run up earlier this year when the rug was pulled on so many of the high betas so I'm married to this B for at least another $10. Looks like it is flagging as I type this... maybe another move to come AH.
agdaddy04
AG
me as well, I'm at $29.00/share so I'm just about at break-even again.
agdaddy04
AG
BODY is one that I thought would have drawn more attention with it being all stay at home mom's could talk about for awhile. But I'm a bag holder now, down 53% from when I purchased.
agdaddy04
AG
Also, I haven't seen much talk about PETZ lately. I'm not the only one stuck in this one, am I?
Triple_Bagger
agdaddy04 said:

BODY is one that I thought would have drawn more attention with it being all stay at home mom's could talk about for awhile. But I'm a bag holder now, down 53% from when I purchased.
I liked this one too but bailed early on. P90x is my favorite at home workout, but I still use the DVD set I bought in 2008, so I'm not adding to their revenue stream. Made me wonder how many others use the old DVD sets...
agdaddy04
AG
It seemed like they were going to a more VOD basis, but maybe that hasn't caught on? Seemed like everyone in our old neighborhood was selling their shakes.
docaggie
AG
I've been steadily selling CC on some of my FUBO in my trading account. This'll be a great chance to sell some as it climbs. Hopefully macro market keeps going and they can keep rising.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Triple_Bagger
Yes, that's their new business model. Streaming fitness programs.

I think it's a good model but they need better marketing. I'm planning to sign up with them soon because my dog decided to chew on my DVD set. I'll report back on my user experience. BODY is on my watchlist, but I want to see some good results from their streaming business before I buy back in.
Ccutamu
agdaddy04 said:

me as well, I'm at $29.00/share so I'm just about at break-even again.

Would be glad to switch cost basis with you!
Ranger222
AG
First time since August (?) I took some lotto Friday action into the close. Have some ROKU, FB and NFLX. Also bought some NVDA and V but for 10/22. Actually think think could be the first decent lotto Friday with a lot of fun in a while.
BaylorSpineGuy
Oh good, your dog obeys my commands!

I'm bag holding that garbage stock with avg price close to $14.

I dreamed 4 months ago it would fall to 5.50. Looks like my dream underestimated the fall. Anyway, anxious for this one to start running. Their marketing blows. Once the next big green volume spike comes tho, I may buy and sell options.

I'm still hopeful for RGS. I call it a cockroach stock. Cockroaches, they say, would survive a nuclear blast. Well, hoping SuperCuts would too, as long as hair still grows after
a nuke goes off. Just hope it becomes worth like $8-10 and then 3x my investment.
Ragoo
AG
Ranger222 said:

First time since August (?) I took some lotto Friday action into the close. Have some ROKU, FB and NFLX. Also bought some NVDA and V but for 10/22. Actually think think could be the first decent lotto Friday with a lot of fun in a while.
i for one hope we flat line tomorrow and rip next week
cageybee77
AG
TELL after hours? glad I bought some today.
Triple_Bagger
I'm still holding about 1/4 of my RGS investment and I plan to hold longterm unless something changes with the company.

Is anyone looking at recruiting/hiring companies? With job openings at all time highs, I assume these companies will do well in the near future.

I'm looking at Zip Recruiter (ZIP), but is anyone else watching this sector? LinkedIn was the other one I wanted to look at but I think Microsoft bought them a little while back. Any other ideas?
cgh1999
AG
cageybee77 said:

TELL after hours? glad I bought some today.

It looks like it is up $0.13. What are you seeing?
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Oh good, your dog obeys my commands!

I'm bag holding that garbage stock with avg price close to $14.

I dreamed 4 months ago it would fall to 5.50. Looks like my dream underestimated the fall. Anyway, anxious for this one to start running. Their marketing blows. Once the next big green volume spike comes tho, I may buy and sell options.

I'm still hopeful for RGS. I call it a cockroach stock. Cockroaches, they say, would survive a nuclear blast. Well, hoping SuperCuts would too, as long as hair still grows after
a nuke goes off. Just hope it becomes worth like $8-10 and then 3x my investment.
Did you see my post earlier regarding NNOX?
ProgN
FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

I have decided to officially reengage the aerospace defense market for another round. The project I've been on the past few weeks morphed into deciding to embrace it with a larger commitment.

While it will cramp my 'retired' lifestyle and being a very active trader, it is a PE opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Great PE group, company, people, potential, throw in an M&A, equity play and the lure of getting back in the saddle for another chance to build something.

After this one I will plan to just trade full time and stay home with momma FJ. She's ready for me to start shaving again for now...........

J/K brother, we're all happy for you and glad you found a project that stimulates you. Congrats on the sex with your clean shaven professional self again.
FJ43

FJ43
ProgN said:

FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

J/K brother, we're all happy for you and glad you found a project that stimulates you. Congrats on the sex with your clean shaven professional self again.

Thanks Prog! May be my final rodeo with this stuff.

I'll still be here but for sure not making posts all throughout the day for the next 3-4 weeks I would think. Will be making time to review setups in the evenings for share plays or buy/writes.

And…. of course following the groups MA plays so we can eventually have board seats on every single one across the board.

FJ43
Triple_Bagger said:

I'm still holding about 1/4 of my RGS investment and I plan to hold longterm unless something changes with the company.

Is anyone looking at recruiting/hiring companies? With job openings at all time highs, I assume these companies will do well in the near future.

I'm looking at Zip Recruiter (ZIP), but is anyone else watching this sector? LinkedIn was the other one I wanted to look at but I think Microsoft bought them a little while back. Any other ideas?

Like this thought process. Those types but especially if there are any public recruiting firms they could be key.

Just like real estate has been being a sellers vs buyers market so too is employee recruitment. Its an employee market vs employer at the moment.

One of the things I've been digging into these past few weeks on my project was velocity and scalability. Personnel and retention were one of the key topics on the SWOT analysis.

redneckag
AG
If you are a believer in Dow Theory, todays close is a very important pivot point. According to Dow Theory there are 2 possible outcomes from here.

If 2 of the indexes continue to move up and close above the previous bull market highs (4,537 S&P, 35,625 Dow, 15,943 Dow Transports), the bull market is confirmed moving forward and this secondary reaction is concluded.

If 2 of the indexes fail to make new highs and break down and close below its last secondary reaction (4,300 S&P, 33,844 Dow, 14,000 Dow transports) its bear market time.

Obviously, the original Dow Theorist (Charles Dow, who developed the DJIA in 1896) compiled his theory on the DJIA and Dow Transports only, but modern interpretations include the S&P 500.

Just another set of data points to consider as we all try to figure out which direction the market is going to move.
BaylorSpineGuy
I did. When he gets back to me, I'll ask him about NNOX.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I did. When he gets back to me, I'll ask him about NNOX.
Thanks Doc. Foggy brought it to the board and after researching it, I see a lot of potential. If they can offer better imagery at a lower price, it sounds like a no brainer to me, but I'd like your radiologist's opinion.
First Page Last Page
Page 4552 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.