Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,568 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AG 2000' said:

All three major macros look to be forming a head and shoulders on the five minute. Finishing up the right side of the heads right now.
I'd like to think you're right, but to me it looks more like 2 bull flags one right after the other. plus a big 1 mil share buy on SPY around 15 minutes ago.
Brewmaster
AG
CIDM, some bigger buys rolling in, yesterday and today.
E
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

CLOV doing it's thing
FTAG 2000
AG
BREwmaster said:

AG 2000' said:

All three major macros look to be forming a head and shoulders on the five minute. Finishing up the right side of the heads right now.
I'd like to think you're right, but to me it looks more like 2 bull flags one right after the other. plus a big 1 mil share buy on SPY around 15 minutes ago.
Yeah, I have to back off that a bit. the right shoulder didn't form after all. I think I've trained my brain on opex week to look for the pullback and the H&S was teeing that up. No right shoulders to be found on that time frame.
Red Rover
AG
Danwell Home said:

I don't think that happens. Why issue at $3.50 when you can wait until operations start to raise additional capital to expand.

I agree that would appear a mistake on management's part. No reason not to let it run more before starting that shelf offering. However, that is what I'm seeing as a concern or bear thesis on social media. It looks like the call is edit 11am Central time. I think this swings it one way or the other. This is why good management is so crucial to investments even if the product looks great.
H-town ag
AG
WWR Conference call is live.
H-town ag
AG
H-town ag said:

WWR Conference call is live.
I wish they would bring a bit more excitement and at least have a few slides to review ... no slide deck for conference call. Mainly a statement of what has already been released and a Q&A session.
La Bamba
AG
Sorry I missed this this - is the 464 milly cost for phase 2 standalone when compared to the 202 milly cost for phase 1 or is the 464 total cost of phase 1 + 2?
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
trip98 said:

XOM.... Six month view.... Is that OAs infamous W for winning or head and shoulders that would suggest drop coming up?
With current energy supply crunch I'd lean towards W but wanted other opinions
Still holding 1 runner of November $60 call
XOM has had a nice appreciation over last few weeks.

My opinion as of today,...
-heading into earning season (actually some dropped today) and appears positive
-continuing earnings season, forward guidance could be cautious to negative
-XOM has had some positive press from the energy focused reporters of being tight supply and profitable for the industry and XOM
-if you follow CVX (Chevron) the daily change between these 2 issues are usually pretty close, within cents. Yesterday XOM was trading negative ~12 cents and CVX was positive ~60 cents. Right now, XOM=+66 cents and CVX=+75 cents
-continuing CVX, yesterday some analysts were touting CVX was undervalued
-XOM will have Dividend DECLARATION date at the end of October and ExDiv date is usually 7 to 10 days after.
-if you believe a stock rallies toward ExDiv date...you don't have long to wait.
-I am bullish both CVX and XOM to the end of the year and into 2022
-I like energy in high inflationary periods
-I bought XOM yesterday
-I bought CVX today

FWIW
TheBiggerEvent
AG
it's stand alone. the study for phase two will help determine more realistic costs.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Any other updates or is it over? Not much reaction in the stock price.
Red Rover
AG
I think the important thing was touting the cash on hand and the fact that they do not see a need to seeking additional cash in the near future. I'm not sure if that's enough to move the market but it's better than if he avoided the question or stated they would begin unleashing the shelf.
sts7049
AG
TTD has been looking great the last few days
La Bamba
AG
Main take-away for me on WWR is that construction for phase 1 is set to start at end of the year, company feels confident in the addressable market and in delivering the project on time. They will need to sell more shares or come up with a way to get the additional cash in hand for the 202 million and then raise more cash for phase 2 but they seem confident that they will be selling product in 2023. How the market prices that in - we shall see. Continues to be a longer term hold for me.
gougler08
AG
Any thoughts on ATER? I sold $10 puts a ways back and could make 60-70% on that or should I let it get exercised for upside potential?
BaylorSpineGuy
My Radiology friend has a partner who just joined who trained at Hopkins, where that Radiology company is aligned for their work. I'll try and get some details, etc.
BaylorSpineGuy
To stir up more fear and make Farmer even more bullish, I saw someone recently who works at Mouser. It's the one of, if not, the largest electronic electronic distributor in the world mostly semiconductors and chips, etc.

This person said without a doubt this is always the busiest time of year, and she says they have almost no work to do. I continue to be amazed at how many busy companies seemingly have no business to do.
cptthunder
Anyone want to play with fire check out $AGC
Combo pump from Manpreet and Will Meade
Just happen to catch it right when tweeted out and got some Nov 12C for $0.48
And my some I mean 1 just for fun
trip98
AG
gougler08 said:

Any thoughts on ATER? I sold $10 puts a ways back and could make 60-70% on that or should I let it get exercised for upside potential?

Maybe go middle of road?
Sell to lock in profits. Then take chunk of profits and buy shares?
That way shares are net free AND you've put money in your pocket
Ccutamu
$NAKD is rocking.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

My Radiology friend has a partner who just joined who trained at Hopkins, where that Radiology company is aligned for their work. I'll try and get some details, etc.
Ask your Radiology friend to look into NNOX imaging technology, I'd like his take.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
My spy 444s are back from the dead! I keep waiting for Lucy to yank the ball but i guess I'm a glutton for punishment because I'm hodling!
FJ43

Well Gents....

I have decided to officially reengage the aerospace defense market for another round. The project I've been on the past few weeks morphed into deciding to embrace it with a larger commitment.

While it will cramp my 'retired' lifestyle and being a very active trader, it is a PE opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Great PE group, company, people, potential, throw in an M&A, equity play and the lure of getting back in the saddle for another chance to build something.

I'll be back to shares, selling premium and the occasional options play.

After this one I will plan to just trade full time and stay home with momma FJ. She's ready for me to start shaving again for now...........
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

La Bamba
AG
FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

I have decided to officially reengage the aerospace defense market for another round. The project I've been on the past few weeks morphed into deciding to embrace it with a larger commitment.

While it will cramp my 'retired' lifestyle and being a very active trader, it is a PE opportunity that I couldn't pass up. Great PE group, company, people, potential, throw in an M&A, equity play and the lure of getting back in the saddle for another chance to build something.

After this one I will plan to just trade full time and stay home with momma FJ. She's ready for me to start shaving again for now...........
Sorry you're going to have to tell them "no." TexAgs B&I board refuses to release you into the transfer portal.
GreasenUSA
AG
Ragoo said:

Here is an interesting play for someone with some margin or cash:

ROKU 10/22
Sell 335p
Sell 335c
Buy 345c

Collect $16.

If the price drop below 335 you've bought at a 320 basis
If the price moons you still have a $6 profit.
Does this strategy have a name? Would like to research it a bit more.
BaylorSpineGuy said:

To stir up more fear and make Farmer even more bullish, I saw someone recently who works at Mouser. It's the one of, if not, the largest electronic electronic distributor in the world mostly semiconductors and chips, etc.

This person said without a doubt this is always the busiest time of year, and she says they have almost no work to do. I continue to be amazed at how many busy companies seemingly have no business to do.
Thanks for posting this info. I agree with it.

I think from a seasonality standpoint,...
*...market continues in a bullish trend to the end of year and Jan & some Feb'22
*...earnings reports this month will be positive
*...forward guidance this month should be cautious to negative (aligns with your semiconductor friend)
*...I don't think we get real confirmation on poor results until earnings reports in Jan and forward guidance by then will be negative
*...any 2021 tapering at $10 to $15 billion a month on the mortgage backed side will be moot and typical year end bullish seasonality should throw shade on tapering for a while

So what am I doing now?
-Holding my long term share holds and watching this rally moving forward
-For those shares I am, and will be, selling March'22 and/or April'22 Calls against them
-I'd like my Call sell premium to produce enough for an extra quarterly dividend, minimum
-I've already established this position on my T shares before T sank (lucky me). I missed a window on BTI (a longer story) but the U.S.-FDA is helping me out with my BTI over the last couple days.
-I figure by the time we reach calendar Feb/Mar/Apr the market will be in decline and I'll re-establish the longer dated Calls once again after expiration
-My long term holding share position picks I had already established in preparation for rising interest rates, inflation and tapering. These transition share picks should blossom in chaotic economic times.

As for my trading shares, I don't know just yet what I'll do. I'll hold shares like WWR, TTD, SAVA, but other stuff may go to cash.

Cash, I was long a mountain of cash well before June looking for a market setback. I stayed with this position until the end of Sep. I'm somewhere between 10 to 15% cash now, down from 55%.

Ultimately, I am moving to tax exempt - everything. The remaining cash outside of sheltered accounts will go into tax exempt investments. I should be tax free by age 69 to 70. I'm a weird bird in the sense that I'm doing this for my legacy generation(s). Most of my friends and acquaintances say "Die broke". If I'm a wealthy guy laying in the cemetery, so be it. I think it's going to be a lot tougher for my heirs and I'll help as much as I can while I am still breathing. I'll leave them a plan thereafter and if any of it holds true into the future, well great. If not, then I just wasn't smart enough to out guess tax law and congress. That will be okay too.

Congratulations!
FJ43
Thanks. Should be a fun ride.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

SpeedyAg90
AG
Made my money on SPY calls. Just cashed out of everything except for shares of WWR,TELL and far out WWR and TELL calls.
FJ43
La Bamba said:

FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

Sorry you're going to have to tell them "no." TexAgs B&I board refuses to release you into the transfer portal.
LOL....that was my laugh of the day. You win again!

I was sure tempted but these things don't come around that often. I will for sure be checking the board an chiming in as often as I can. These first weeks will be tough since neck deep in an acquisition already.

But I will keep trading along with y'all just near term tactical strategy adjustment.

I'll be looking for your post that reads,

"Blue Horseshoe loves ________ ."

Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

Well Gents....

So this means no more 3 a.m. market updates??

Thanks for all your contributions on this thread FJ. I am not real good at it yet, but I have a basis thanks in large part to the knowledge that you have shared. Good luck in the business venture!
Ragoo
AG
GreasenUSA said:

Ragoo said:

Here is an interesting play for someone with some margin or cash:

ROKU 10/22
Sell 335p
Sell 335c
Buy 345c

Collect $16.

If the price drop below 335 you've bought at a 320 basis
If the price moons you still have a $6 profit.
Does this strategy have a name? Would like to research it a bit more.
basically like a covered short straddle without owning the underlying unless the short put closes ITM.
Looks like John Deere is going on strike - 10,000 workers.

Kelloggs 1,400 workers on strike.

Television and film workers, 60,000 will be on strike if no deal is made by Monday.

I hear the 1970's knocking on my door.

I'd look for these and other companies to shutter some plants permanently if strikes start going rampant. We need manufacturing, not closures.
BrokeAssAggie
going on strike because they don't won't the jab?
First Page Last Page
Page 4551 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.