Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,024,463 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
59 South said:

Several key indicators on SPX lining up with long signal here at least back to 4400. Would be worth a shot on a short/medium play if you have time to manage it. Opex this week is making the trading choppy so sitting on hands until next week is a good plan. How the next 50 pt move to 4400 or 4300 plays out should be telling. I'm leaning bullish now through the end of year into January similar to Farmer.

It's pretty sad all the doom, gloom and anger vibes y'all got going on lately. Likely at least a contributing factor to traffic being down, along with people getting back to the office.

Not gonna lie though, all y'all getting doom and gloom is usually a good macro bullish signal. Now we just need another miserable poster or two to show up like they usually do with the once every quarter or so random sad post, and we should be good to rock n roll. So let's just get it over with if you're reading.

I'm not doom and gloom. I think chop this week, probably another puke, and then I think we get rolling through EOY.

I am not sure you saw my post about 4500 then 3800.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Re Zack Morris, I think he's so popular now that funds are just waiting for these things to suck people in and then they're pounding them.
ProgN
I'm only in SAVA out of the ones you're asking about. I watch WWR and they have a lot of potential, it's just gonna be a slow mover for awhile. SAVA is an all or nothing trade. The short seller pressuring it is big and well capitalized. It's not going to really trade off technicals, it will be driven by news. If Simuflam delivers, it's a $300+ stock, if they're a fraud, then it's a $1.00 stock. I believe Simuflam is the former and I'm still holding my positions. Institutional holdings remains firm during this volatility, so I view that as positive. When I see them exiting, is when I'll be more concerned.
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

ProgN said:

What timeframe are you considering selling puts? I like the play depending on the timeframe. If the supply chain issues get resolved like the vegetable spoke about today are true, then selling puts on CHWY looks like free money to me.

Will probably multi prong it. Next week 62s look like a smart play.
Possibly, I just don't like short term options but that's just my taste. I do believe it's very close to a bottom and a reversal is close though. If I were selling puts, then I'd use the fed minutes to my advantage and sell the November puts to capture more premium. I expect stocks to be tentative going into that meeting.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
The premium for the November puts is only 2X next weeks.
FJ43

Mornun!

US = Green
EU = Green
Asia - Mixed

Many things with gap ups.
Watch Tech
Overnight session traded higher without tests to lower levels.
VIX in the 17s (bullish)

I would think we still get chop into Friday OpEx....more sideways than violent moves either direction. But who knows....

Will be watching SPY 438.72 & 439.88....ish. Think 434.74 needs to hold.

Trading the past month.....

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BaylorSpineGuy
Any of you big readers?

I don't read much for pleasure after having my head buried in a book for my first 35 yrs of life.

But, I got turned on to a book called Devil Takes the Hindmost. It's a book on the history of financial speculation. Since we are inclined toward speculation and investment, you may enjoy this book. We can all learn a lot from history.
Red Rover
AG
This morning if West water announces stock dilution or even mentions it, I think we'll see a lot of bag holders exit. If they don't I think it jumps since it's been beaten down on fears of them saying something related in this conference call.
Greendale 87
AG
PLTR making a solid but not spectacular move overnight.

I'm feeling better about this consistent climb from 23, versus that explosion and quick retreat from 23 last week!
Saltyag15
AG
Greendale 87 said:

PLTR making a solid but not spectacular move overnight.

I'm feeling better about this consistent climb from 23, versus that explosion and quick retreat from 23 last week!
Yep. I'm liking this slow, steady climb up.
Triple_Bagger

Lower PPI than expected
sts7049
AG
but if you look at the larger trend, it's not really doing anything spectacular.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Y'all.

I just read 75 posts.

NOT A SINGLE ONE TALKING ABOUT $NET.

WHERE ARE Y'ALL!? IT'S RAINING MONEY OVER HERE.
$NET just an animal today. And yesterday.
Unbelievable run since that first post early last week.
Did anyone else ride NET?

Ragoo
AG
Here is an interesting play for someone with some margin or cash:

ROKU 10/22
Sell 335p
Sell 335c
Buy 345c

Collect $16.

If the price drop below 335 you've bought at a 320 basis
If the price moons you still have a $6 profit.
La Bamba
AG
Red Rover said:

This morning if West water announces stock dilution or even mentions it, I think we'll see a lot of bag holders exit. If they don't I think it jumps since it's been beaten down on fears of them saying something related in this conference call.
Phase 1 (cost 202 milly) should be covered with existing offerings (see below) but I guess they could announce more offerings for Phase 2 (starts producing in 2024) cause I'm not sure they've announced how much that would cost, have they? I love the plan for WWR and the macro story but man is there alot of paper out there to sell....

Saltyag15
AG
No, it definitely isn't. But with the way it's been over the last few months with this one, I'll take any sign of positive movement!
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Get ready to ring the bell!
FTAG 2000
AG
I came across this seasonality chart. Do folks agree with this?

MAJOR INDICIES:
Treasury Bond ...May 12 - Oct 7
VIX ...Jul 3 - Oct 9
DJ Transport ...Oct 2 - Dec 8
NASDAQ Composite ...Oct 9 - Mar 4
S&P 500 ...Oct 28 - May 5
TSX Composite ...Oct 28 - Jun 5

SECTORS:
Utilities ...Jul 23 - Oct 3
Consumer Staples ...Apr 25 - Nov 23
Healthcare ...Apr 25 - Dec 4
Technology ...Oct 9 - Feb 15
Consumer Discretionary ...Oct 17 - Apr 12
Industrials ...Oct 29 - May 10

INDUSTRIES:
Biotech ...Jun 22 - Oct 1
Gas Utilities ...Aug 8 - Nov 11
Pharmaceuticals ...Aug 13 - Nov 21
Telecom ...Sep 7 - Dec 29
Agriculture ...Aug 19 - Dec 30
Household Goods ...Jun 25 - Dec 30
Railroads ...Oct 2 - Nov 12
Chemicals ...Oct 3 - Jun 6
Airlines ...Oct 13 - Dec 5
Home Building ...Oct 15 - Feb 6
Retail ...Oct 27 - Nov 29

COMMODITIES:
Gold ...Jul 27 - Oct 10
Natural Gas ...Sep 3 - Oct 30
Live Cattle ...Jun 23 - Oct 23

59 South
AG

I'm not doom and gloom. I think chop this week, probably another puke, and then I think we get rolling through EOY.

I am not sure you saw my post about 4500 then 3800.
I know...Wasn't directed at you man! That was 2020 30k!
Chef Elko
AG
I don't think that happens. Why issue at $3.50 when you can wait until operations start to raise additional capital to expand.
Barty Dont Hedge
I'm in on DKNG 55C's Nov 26. I like the look of this one.
Triple_Bagger
$PROG

HC Wainwright Starts Progenity at Buy with $4 Price Target

35,000 C2.5s expiring tomorrow
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Somebody tell ABBV that their ExDiv date was today and they should have been down at least $1.30/share. I would like to buy some more shares.
<sarc*>

BTW, as of late, I am noticing shares are not dropping dividend equivalents, within the daily price range, on ExDiv dates/or after.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
CLOV doing it's thing
zag213004
AG
Thoughts on NGL with more expertise than me? Looks like it completed cup but do you see it filling the gap at 2.75 or even going to 3.25?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
really interesting move. I can't help but think they're trying to suck people in.
agdaddy04
AG

really interesting move. I can't help but think they're trying to suck people in.

What's this a response to?
FTAG 2000
AG
agdaddy04 said:

What's this a response to?
I think it's an observation in general - all the macros are up healthily this morning, the day before OPEX.

Feels... fake.

Also noticed on the 10 minute that the volume on the macros all dropped by half after the first 20 minutes.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Is this a confirmed reversal on zm? Early lottos?
Philip J Fry
AG
EVC just plugging along.
Philip J Fry
AG
TxAgLaw03RW said:

CLOV doing it's thing

Love the big green candle…and the immediate big red candle. Typical CLOV
FTAG 2000
AG
All three major macros look to be forming a head and shoulders on the five minute. Finishing up the right side of the heads right now.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Looks like it's trending that way with an hour to go before the call. Couple of red candles this morning,
59 South
AG
trip98
AG
XOM.... Six month view.... Is that OAs infamous W for winning or head and shoulders that would suggest drop coming up?
With current energy supply crunch I'd lean towards W but wanted other opinions
Still holding 1 runner of November $60 call
First Page Last Page
Page 4550 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.