Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,023,778 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by ProgN
docaggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Oh dear. I friend of mine told me Saturday he was going "all in" on the next Zach Morris play. I'm afraid to even ask.
I followed on CEI.
It's not about how you enter, but how you scale out. So I hope your friend did the smart thing and scaled out.
Personally, once I hit a double, I sold half to get my capital back. Then scaled out more as it continued to go up, leaving only a quarter or so left. That I sold once it became apparent it was going down.

It would've been better if I'd used increasing stop losses instead, but I goofed on that part.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
docaggie
AG
Ragoo said:

MARA busted parabolic SAR bigly. This one might be ready to explode.
Thing I don't understand is that RIOT is now cheaper than MARA.
During the last surge of BTC, RIOT was a good 30-40% higher in stock price than MARA. This time, it's the opposite.
Maybe there's something I don't see?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BlueTaze
Before anyone goes heavy short on CEI I would watch some YT videos on "Sahm Adrangi"....he is the guy who published below red rectangles.

Does anyone know who is Carrie Faline is or why we should care about her comments on an old yt video about a CEI associate? Is this for real?

I'd be more bearish if Zack and Atlas were screaming foul and demanding SEC probes etc. Instead they are basically saying "meh, this is just part of the game". I wouldn't bet the pump is over just yet, and I bet there are plenty of retail testing out how shorting works for 1st time here...will likely be action packed next few days.
Philip J Fry
AG

Thoughts on RMCF? Looks like it's primed for another run to $9.00.
cjo03
AG
Philip J Fry said:

Never realized they were public! My first job in 1995 at $4.25 an hour. Now defunct, Hillsboro, TX outlet mall.

One of my first shifts in front of the owner, I got flustered talking to a girl and instead of saying "can I help you" I asked "can I have you?". Didn't get the girl - but didn't get fired either.

All that to say I'm in.
FJ43
Mornun,

Well pretty much red across the board.
US = Red
EU = Red
Asia = Red to mixed

Prior lows are in sight early and VIX working towards 24.

For me be light and nimble. Not taking much long until these bear flags resolve themselves and/or until the rips aren't sold.

The bears have a message to deliver these days....

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Philip J Fry
AG
What's interesting is how insanely low the volume is. Like considerably less volume than WWR even.
KY-AG 10
AG
Double_Bagger said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Hot off the presses….

I saw someone today who works at Lockheed. He says their union started passing out flyers today for their workers to prepare to go on strike in the Spring.

Is this knowledge something that can be applied to profit? Looks like their stock is already in a downward trend.

Thoughts?
So they're planning a strike 6-months out? Seems fishy.

Not sure how it will or won't effect the stock price, but Kellogg employees went on strike today and the stock is down 0.64%, so not much impact there. Maybe follow $K for a few days/weeks and see how the strike effects the stock price.

If Kellogg's is anything like us they did a buildup of inventory and are bringing in salary and contract workers to run the plants for a however long is necessary until the company and union come to an agreement. With that said, if they couldn't get ahead maybe you see a dip in earnings performance. So maybe a tiny put lotto play for earnings but I'd keep it tiny.
Lockheed may be going through contract negotiations now and they may not be going well. So they're making those plans perhaps. Lots of time for the company to negotiate with the union to avoid a strike.
KY-AG 10
AG
Listened to the Marketplace Morning Report. Happened to discuss lithium mining (or lack thereof) in the US. Didn't speak of WWR or Alabama lithium. Spoke about Salton Sea and Nevada lithium projects.

Those projects are run by
Controlled Thermal Resources (Private/Not Listed) who is backed mainly by GM
Pure Energy Minerals (PEMIF)
Cypress Development Corp (CYDVF)

First pass through these companies is no one is any further along than WWR. PEMIF has some headwind from some litigation it looks like, but there's definitely a race going on

ETA - Looks like Cypress (CYDVF) has a pilot plant in late stage construction. I'll add more later on as I read into these groups
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone looking for a place to hide your money long during what I anticipate could be a long period of financial turmoil for this country?

SH and SDS are S&P 500 Inverse ETF's. These look promising. Anyone with insight have any knowledge/experience about trading these ETF's, either with shares or options?

Curious for any insight. Thanks in advance.
Brewmaster
AG
BREwmaster said:

Tic thinks PLTR to $100 (still in accumulation down here).

also a QQQ (SPY showing this too), megaphone down. These are usually bearish, but we shall see.

Aged well!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wild futures move.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Anyone looking for a place to hide your money long during what I anticipate could be a long period of financial turmoil for this country?

SH and SDS are S&P 500 Inverse ETF's. These look promising. Anyone with insight have any knowledge/experience about trading these ETF's, either with shares or options?

I'm gonna buy a shrimp'n boat and be a shrimp boat captain.
cageybee77
AG
CEI falling s'more this AM. Interesting to watch.

edit: not the only thing down tho.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
PLTR is up after announcing $800M army contract!
Sponsor Message: We Split Commissions. Full Service Agents in Austin, Bryan-College Station, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston and San Antonio. Red Pear Realty
Triple_Bagger

405k was expected so the ADP jobs report beat expectations. This was a good indicator for last months official jobs report and if it's accurate this month, then expect this to be decent enough for the Fed to announce the taper of asset purchases.
BrokeAssAggie
Red Pear Luke said:

PLTR is up after announcing $800M army contract!

It almost got to $27 AH yesterday
La Bamba
AG
KY-AG 10 said:

Listened to the Marketplace Morning Report. Happened to discuss lithium mining (or lack thereof) in the US. Didn't speak of WWR or Alabama lithium. Spoke about Salton Sea and Nevada lithium projects.

First pass through these companies is no one is any further along than WWR. PEMIF has some headwind from some litigation it looks like, but there's definitely a race going on

ETA - Looks like Cypress (CYDVF) has a pilot plant in late stage construction. I'll add more later on as I read into these groups
The segment was focused on Lithium? The WWR project in Alabama is graphite focused, but either way there will be a sector rotation back into this (metals needed for EV batteries) at some point and then we will get a nice squeeze on names like WWR. You have people like Ford and GM CEOs harping on the need to bring this supply chain to US soil and it's something that will be supported by both parties.
Triple_Bagger
$SAVA

Cassava Sciences Initiates a Phase 3 Efficacy Trial of Simufilam for the Treatment of Patients with Alzheimer's Disease

• First Phase 3 Study is Initiated to Evaluate Safety and Efficacy of Simufilam Over 52 Weeks in 750 Patients with Alzheimer's Disease
  • A Second Phase 3 Study, Expected to Begin by Year End, Will Evaluate Simufilam Over 78 Weeks In 1,000 Patients with Alzheimer's Disease

AUSTIN, Texas, Oct. 06, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Cassava Sciences, Inc.(SAVA) , a biotechnology company focused on Alzheimer's disease, announced today it has initiated an initial Phase 3 efficacy study of simufilam, the Company's investigational drug for patients with Alzheimer's disease. A second Phase 3 efficacy study of simufilam in Alzheimer's disease is expected to begin by year end.

Cassava Sciences' Phase 3 efficacy studies of simufilam in Alzheimer's disease are being conducted under Special Protocol Assessments (SPA) from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The SPAs document that FDA has reviewed and agreed upon the key design features of Cassava Sciences' Phase 3 study protocols.

"Alzheimer's disease can have a devastating impact on patients, their families and caregivers," said Remi Barbier, President & CEO. "We believe existing drug solutions for Alzheimer's have limitations, and new solutions are very much needed. Our Phase 3 studies are designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of simufilam in people with Alzheimer's disease."

Cassava Sciences (SAVA) is developing simufilam in accordance with high ethical standards and sound scientific principles. Cassava Sciences(SAVA) is committed to transparency and sharing information related to its Phase 3 program for clinical protocol details, including patient eligibility, please visit: https://ClinicalTrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04994483.

About The First Phase 3 Study (RETHINK-ALZ)
The first Phase 3 study, called RETHINK-ALZ, is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral simufilam 100 mg in enhancing cognition and slowing cognitive and functional decline over 52 weeks. Secondary objectives include the assessment of simufilam's effect on neuropsychiatric symptoms and caregiver burden. This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study plans to enroll approximately 750 patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease in the U.S. and Canada and, eventually, overseas.

About The Second Phase 3 Study (REFOCUS-ALZ)
The second Phase 3 study, called REFOCUS-ALZ, which is expected to begin by year end, is designed to evaluate the safety and efficacy of oral simufilam 100 mg and 50 mg over 78 weeks. This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study plans to enroll approximately 1,000 patients with mild-to-moderate Alzheimer's disease in the U.S. andCanada and, eventually, overseas.

AgCPA95
AG
Philip J Fry said:

A name I haven't heard in a long, long time /insert Kenobi gif/

Board meeting with proxy vote today. Quickly reading it looks like some activist shareholders are trying to force 4 new board members on while current board is trying to save themselves. They had poison pill in place they recently rescinded so who know where this thing goes on news of vote but be ready for movement if the results are known today.
KY-AG 10
AG
La Bamba said:

KY-AG 10 said:

The segment was focused on Lithium? The WWR project in Alabama is graphite focused, but either way there will be a sector rotation back into this (metals needed for EV batteries) at some point and then we will get a nice squeeze on names like WWR. You have people like Ford and GM CEOs harping on the need to bring this supply chain to US soil and it's something that will be supported by both parties.
Yikes, that musta been the lack of coffee this morning. Although still glad I posted. Similar supply chain
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Leveraged etfs (sds) always go down in the long term
BullSprig07
AG
BullSprig07 said:

The average twitter dolt following Zack wants him to literally spell out exactly when to buy and sell and they don't understand scaling in and scaling out.

My cost basis on the CEI I have left is $.42 and I took profits on the way up. Anyone holding a bag of $4 $CEI it's their own fault and hopefully they learn a lesson if nothing else
$CEI now has an option chain. Not sure they will stay this juiced when the market opens but selling January 4 calls for $.55 looks pretty appealing.
Water Turkey07
cageybee77
AG
interesting but scary. Wasn't terribly encouraged by the company's "response".
H-town ag
AG
$PROG up 7% premarket .. pulling back some now.
FTAG 2000
AG
$SAVA continuing their run of terrible timing on press releases.

They really need a PR / marketing team, the CFO has been carrying the load in this area and is not good at it.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

Buying crwd december 270 calls here

Up 48% on these so far and she's on fire!
astros4545
AG
CEI is $1.22

Can sell $1 covered calls on Oct 15 for $0.48
Bonfire1996
AG
Any COIN lottos out there? $350 share price lottos?

The research and forward looking PEs are just dumb in my opinion. All this crypto volatility just tells me COIN is going to slay profits for a long time.

I think this stock approaches $350 by next Spring
SoTXAg09
AG
Thoughts on Facebook at these lows? Thinking about a Jan '23 call spread.
tailgatetimer10
AG
astros4545 said:

CEI is $1.22

Can sell $1 covered calls on Oct 15 for $0.48
Good call out.
TMOOSE
Astros - great find. Entering as well!
Chef Elko
AG
Adding more HBI at $16. Good dividend, typical value play but they have some juice for growth with the Champion brand.
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

$SAVA continuing their run of terrible timing on press releases.

They really need a PR / marketing team, the CFO has been carrying the load in this area and is not good at it.

True, but they're scientists, not great communicators. I've seen a lot of companies pump their own prospects, only to go to zero because of fraud. I'm patient enough to see how this road pans out. However, with social media, investors now have the power to help. If everyone on Twitter and Facebook blast the press releases, it will increase exposure and pressure on the shorts. IMO, blast this link:

https://www.cassavasciences.com/news-releases/news-release-details/cassava-sciences-initiates-phase-3-efficacy-trial-simufilam
Philip J Fry
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Thoughts on Facebook at these lows? Thinking about a Jan '23 call spread.

Wish it would go to zero.
First Page Last Page
Page 4530 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.