Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,877 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by ProgN
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
QQQ bearish megaphone... (or at least this pattern usually is bearish), who knows in this market.

Brewmaster
AG
yeah that is awful. any ounce of respect I had for him is gone. He kept pumping $10.
TxAG#2011
Oh dear. I friend of mine told me Saturday he was going "all in" on the next Zach Morris play. I'm afraid to even ask.
BlueTaze
I think WISH was a bigger pump by Zack than CEI and DATS. That's the one he is really hanging his hat on.

Also, I don't think CEI is done. If it finishes the week above $4, today didn't mean much. If this thing rat tails to pink sheets then its a huge blow to the FURU's legacy.
BullSprig07
AG
The average twitter dolt following Zack wants him to literally spell out exactly when to buy and sell and they don't understand scaling in and scaling out.

My cost basis on the CEI I have left is $.42 and I took profits on the way up. Anyone holding a bag of $4 $CEI it's their own fault and hopefully they learn a lesson if nothing else.
Water Turkey07
BaylorSpineGuy
Hot off the presses….

I saw someone today who works at Lockheed. He says their union started passing out flyers today for their workers to prepare to go on strike in the Spring.

Is this knowledge something that can be applied to profit? Looks like their stock is already in a downward trend.

Thoughts?
jet99
Has there been any news on MBIO? It has had a rough few days but I haven't seen any bad news.
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Hot off the presses….

I saw someone today who works at Lockheed. He says their union started passing out flyers today for their workers to prepare to go on strike in the Spring.

Is this knowledge something that can be applied to profit? Looks like their stock is already in a downward trend.

Thoughts?
That's very interesting. I wonder if it has anything to do with the vaccine mandate.
Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Hot off the presses….

Thoughts?
So they're planning a strike 6-months out? Seems fishy.

Not sure how it will or won't effect the stock price, but Kellogg employees went on strike today and the stock is down 0.64%, so not much impact there. Maybe follow $K for a few days/weeks and see how the strike effects the stock price.

BaylorSpineGuy
It also raises the question of whether it's already "priced in".

LMT is down significantly from its earlier year highs. Patient just told me that sounds like the union is getting ready for some negotiations with LMT and that things would likely be settling out in early '22. No idea when their contract is due for extension or whatever.
LOYAL AG
AG
Interesting few days we've had. S&P500 daily. I posted this S&P500 every day last week because we kept dancing around this 4360 level which I've been looking at since at least 9/17 and IMO that day still matters. Why does it matter?

• VPSR stands for Volume Profile Support Resistance. My notation of where cumulative volume ebbs and flows.
  • We first touched this level on 9/20 and we've now touched it five days in a row.
  • On 9/20 we bounced off of it to the upside then found resistance at the channel we've been in since this time last year.
  • Biggest short term concern I have is that we're pinned to the bottom of 4360 right now. That's not a bullish place to me.
  • Next biggest concern I have is that for all the volatility we're just bouncing between -1 and -2 ATR. I suppose that's good in that -2 is support but...
  • This is starting to looking like a bullish flag which I suppose was inevitable as a retrace vs an actual contraction.
  • I think we see enough up and down to get us to around that 4237 level I've got noted here as my next VPSR. I think we find support there and start to climb again.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
BaylorSpineGuy
I had a dream 2 nights ago that the S&P fell back to 2200. Who cares….it's a dream.

Yes, that's true. But I also dreamed that BODY fell to 5.50. I had this dream in early July when it touched 12. It's now at 5.50.

Just sayin'……
La Bamba
AG
BullSprig07 said:

The average twitter dolt following Zack wants him to literally spell out exactly when to buy and sell and they don't understand scaling in and scaling out.

My cost basis on the CEI I have left is $.42 and I took profits on the way up. Anyone holding a bag of $4 $CEI it's their own fault and hopefully they learn a lesson if nothing else.

Exactly. At the end of the day, if you get in early enough with Zack you can scalp long and make money. I like to wait until the fire is put out and then scale short. Either way it provides liquidity to trade and make good money. But for our community here, I rather that be known that he can be used as a trading vehicle for liquidity and not to take his advice for long term investments.

We don't want no sheep here.
TMOOSE
Loyal - thanks for your work as always.

You mentioned bullish (2nd to last post) - then you discussed headed back to support. Do you think we go up this week? The small pull back at the end of the day is usually healthy, right? Learning.. Thanks!
zag213004
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

It also raises the question of whether it's already "priced in".

LMT is down significantly from its earlier year highs. Patient just told me that sounds like the union is getting ready for some negotiations with LMT and that things would likely be settling out in early '22. No idea when their contract is due for extension or whatever.

They had nonunion employees fill out surveys to list their skill levels from ability to work on cars to janitorial duties two months ago
Saltyag15
AG
Big AH jump for PLTR. News cites a big contract made with the Army.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Wild day. Glad I was smaller in $CEI.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
TMOOSE
BTC breaking 50k is big. Hope we keep going up!
Greendale 87
AG
PLTR AH volume is ridiculous well over 20 mill shares. +13% now, and I don't believe it's done yet.
BaylorSpineGuy
I took a look at a number of the companies that make up the S&P as well as some other big stocks. Most stocks traded up on lower than average stock volume.

The ones I looked at included AAPL, GOOG, AMZN, CRM, HCA, NVDA, AMD, COST, TGT, MDT, and others.

Does this matter? One day certainly isn't enough to make a definitive statement, but it seems and sure looks like the market has gone up on lower volume days and traded down on much higher volumes.

This suggests to me that retail is pushing stocks up on the "buy the dip" follow through days, but big money is generally driving the stocks down….distribution phase of the market.

Congrats to all who had PLTR. That double top last month looked naughty but nice to see it rebound.
Brewmaster
AG
Tic thinks PLTR to $100 (still in accumulation down here).

also a QQQ (SPY showing this too), megaphone down. These are usually bearish, but we shall see.

Ragoo
AG
MARA busted parabolic SAR bigly. This one might be ready to explode.
TMOOSE
Red tomorrow you say?
BlueTaze
Did you read the full Kerrisdale short report?

To be honest I found it quite amateur and sloppy. It cites a YouTube comments section and random disgruntled message board posts. I think they would have been better off sticking to a 5 pg summary of their best fundamental blows, instead of throwing the kitchen sink at it for 25 pgs. Comes off a bit desperate, and in some cases insulting, as they spin many normal things into nefarious.

Good luck with your 2/3 short from here, I wouldn't get too greedy between now and Nov filing deadline.
wanderer
It's not pretty, but RGS looks to be in a falling wedge dating back to May-ish. It's right at the bottom of the wedge now and even it's "breakout" last week didn't go outside of the wedge.

BaylorSpineGuy
It essentially formed a doji today, so expecting it May breakout of the current trend down over last several days.

Certainly hope so.
Peter Klaven
AG
What's our thoughts on a buy/write on CEI? If I can buy the underlying at $1.25 or so and sell a 10/15 $2C for around $.25 that seems like a pretty low risk trade? I have the daily model T at $2.59 so a bounce back certainly isn't out of the question.

And if that fails then I assume come 10/18 I'll still have a stock with pretty high IV that I can fetch good premium on and further decrease my cost basis.

Any thoughts?
Brewmaster
AG
TMOOSE said:

Red tomorrow you say?
odds favor it, but who knows in this market. a downward megaphone is bearish and megaphones in general mean uncertainty. You have bulls buying the dips hard and bears shorting the heck out of the rips. I'm kind of paraphrasing from what I read earlier today on it.

I just found it interesting, I haven't seen one of these very often, but this one in the Q's is very defined.
Red Rover
AG
Peter Klaven said:

What's our thoughts on a buy/write on CEI? If I can buy the underlying at $1.25 or so and sell a 10/15 $2C for around $.25 that seems like a pretty low risk trade? I have the daily model T at $2.59 so a bounce back certainly isn't out of the question.

And if that fails then I assume come 10/18 I'll still have a stock with pretty high IV that I can fetch good premium on and further decrease my cost basis.

Any thoughts?

I don't know that I'd mess with that knife, but if you were interested in the play you are talking about, it might be better to sell a $2 Oct15 put for a buck or more. If it reverses over $2 you keep your premium instead of the $ you'd pocket with a buy-write. If it doesn't you have shares at $1 net or lower instead of the $1 you were considering with the buy-write.
Ornithopter
AG
wanderer
I think you're seeing that incorrect

Net profit in each scenario if the price goes to $2 is a buck (.75 for the ticker increase + .25 for the covered call OR 1.00 premium received for the sold put). Effective entry price in each scenario if the price stays $2 is also a buck ($1.25-.25 on the buy/write & $2-1 on the sold put)
Peter Klaven
AG
I considered that too, but that put closed at a $.90 ask and I'm sure will open lower (barring an overnight surge) so getting a dollar or more on it doesn't seem likely. So the real question becomes how confident are we that CEI is above or below $2 on 10/15?
Ornithopter
AG
DubFalls said:

Also this

SpeedyAg90
AG
Adam Mancini
@AdamMancini4

Evening update: Excellent continued downside follow through here off 4360 - 4310 next support down...bottom can really fall out if that level is lost
LOYAL AG
AG
TMOOSE said:

Loyal - thanks for your work as always.

You mentioned bullish (2nd to last post) - then you discussed headed back to support. Do you think we go up this week? The small pull back at the end of the day is usually healthy, right? Learning.. Thanks!
I think we chop more this week but no I think the overall direction is down til we approach that 4237 area as the next gold dashed line below where we are. I've thought from the moment we broke below 4360 that was where we were headed. Until we spend a couple of days above the current level I think that has to be seen as resistance.

Technicals aside look at the economy. We're in a pattern of more bad news that good right now. Add to that October is not generally a bullish month and I expect this to be a second negative month.

My focus this month will likely be credit call spreads and puts. I doubt I get long anything I'm not already in which is a pretty short list.

EDIT: I went back and looked at what you read as bullish. IMO the bigger picture is setting up as a bullish flag pattern which just means we're pulling back some before another move up. That I think we'll see happen but not this week and probably not before late October. Hard to say when it flips obvious, but yes I think we're looking at that pattern evolving.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
First Page Last Page
Page 4529 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.