Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,196 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
cjo03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

imagine being Mark Zuckerberg with a 10-11 figures shift.

he is high 10 figure paper loss today and approaching 11...
gougler08
AG
FB right off the 200 EMA...time for calls?
KY-AG 10
AG
Throughout the world (other than texags users) productivity today sees a 20% boost!
Triple_Bagger
cjo03 said:

He sells $30M in stock everyday. He'll be okay.
BenRev09
AG
SKLZ flashing under 9
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Double_Bagger said:

There are/were quite a few tech and communications companies with server issues today. Wonder if all were hacked during the outage?

*ahem* crwd...
FTAG 2000
AG
How do we feel about the mortgage situation nationally?

Both RKT and UWMC are nearing 52 week lows.
ibdm98
AG
Double_Bagger said:

There are/were quite a few tech and communications companies with server issues today. Wonder if all were hacked during the outage?
wanderer
OA likes at least one of them as his trigger for IVR (
Invesco Mortgage Capital) went off today.
mazag08
AG
I don't think I have to share my thoughts on SAVA again. There was always a bear case to be made. It was practically flashing its lights at you while the bull case tried to grab your attention. Still lots to play out. But so far, nothing is surprising.

REI outperformed what I expected as it broke through major resistance and held through the end of the day. This is great for the short term, though I don't really think it changes much long term. One of its waves was going to need to extend to fit the larger count dating back to November of last year. I'm still eyeing $6.5 range for the top of wave 3 and $7.5+ for the top of Wave 5 likely mid to late next year.
cjo03
AG
Double_Bagger said:

cjo03 said:

He sells $30M in stock everyday. He'll be okay.

oh on the list of people I am worried about, he is certainly right up there near the bottom. just a timely post with today's drop.
mazag08
AG
By the way, PROG hit a nearly perfect 61% retrace from its Aug 20 low to its high on Friday. Also lines up with the 161% extension of its Friday high and low. Would be very weird to see it break lower than that. If it does go lower, the common landing spot would be the 78% retracement at $1.06. But it looks to have closed waves 1 and 2 and should be on its way for wave 3 which ultimately points to $4.25 (after a completed 5-wave structure within the 3rd wave).
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
obviously a tough day to trade. Be patient, hard to keep it down like this in perpetuity.

Nasdaq is at -3

You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
FTAG 2000
AG
Both the Qs and SPY are at -1 ATR on the weekly, -3 on the daily. This dip can end anytime it wants.
FTAG 2000
AG
Random but does anyone have a good CPA or financial advisor in the DFW area? Hitting eject on my CPA as he screwed up some CA income tax stuff for me (I found the error after his army of worker bees couldn't). If I have to dig into my return to find the F up, time to find a new CPA.

ProgN
Today ranks as probably the ****iest Monday that I can remember. The market decided to swan dive off a cliff during low tide AND my mother and I tested positive for Covid. I had a huge football cookout party day planned for Saturday that I had to cancel today. Today f'ing sucked, I need a beer.
zag213004
AG
AG 2000' said:

Random but does anyone have a good CPA or financial advisor in the DFW area? Hitting eject on my CPA as he screwed up some CA income tax stuff for me (I found the error after his army of worker bees couldn't). If I have to dig into my return to find the F up, time to find a new CPA.

My uncleis cpa out of Frisco. I use him (obviously). And gets great reviews
https://hockadaycpa.com/
spud1910
AG
ProgN said:

Today ranks as probably the ****iest Monday that I can remember. The market decided to swan dive off a cliff during low tide AND my mother and I tested positive for Covid. I had a huge football cookout party day planned for Saturday that I had to cancel today. Today f'ing sucked, I need a beer.
Ouch! Praying you both heal well.
ProgN
Thanks bud
mazag08
AG
ProgN said:

Praying for you buddy. Hang in there
E
AG
NIO trending the wrong way… haven't seen sub-30 since a year ago
FJ43
Get well quick bro. Sorry to hear this.

Beer and Goodys orange flavored powder fixes anything.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

cageybee77
AG
Welp, since football sux I'm paying the Texags subscription for the stonks forum. I need to make $13 this month men….keep up with the nuggets please.
TxAgLaw03RW
AG
Take two months off, take the $26 and buy 8 more shares of WWR. If all goes to plan, sell those 8 shares for $160 in time for recruiting crunch time and you've almost paid for the entire year.
BaylorSpineGuy
Can someone take a look at possibly chart CVS? Looks it could be breaking out of its long channel but I can't tell which way it might trend.

Also, if you're a degenerate like me always looking for the next big play…..and you can't afford the assignment of buying outs on AMZN, one may consider buying puts or spreads on AFRM. This company is basically linked at the hip to AMZN, and when AMZN takes a big tumble in the coming days/weeks, I'm guessing AFRM will fill those big gaps below.

Anyway….I don't have the time to trade options much this month, so I likely won't be doing any of the above but just trying to throw some ideas out there….
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Sorry to hear Prog. I hope you recover quickly and feel better soon.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
mazag08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Can someone take a look at possibly chart CVS? Looks it could be breaking out of its long channel but I can't tell which way it might trend.

Also, if you're a degenerate like me always looking for the next big play…..and you can't afford the assignment of buying outs on AMZN, one may consider buying puts or spreads on AFRM. This company is basically linked at the hip to AMZN, and when AMZN takes a big tumble in the coming days/weeks, I'm guessing AFRM will fill those big gaps below.

Anyway….I don't have the time to trade options much this month, so I likely won't be doing any of the above but just trying to throw some ideas out there….
If you made me guess right now, I'd say it follows the macro market current trend lower and takes out the lower gap formed on May 5 at $78.22, with possible continuation to $77.35 which forms a perfect leading diagonal back upward toward $93 by the end of year / beginning of next year.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/05/china-property-default-risk-for-fantasia-sinic-amid-evergrande-crisis.html

Contagion is spreading after another large developer in China missed a bond payment.
sts7049
AG
Quote:

In a report released before the company's filing on Monday night, Fitch highlighted the existence of a private bond that was not disclosed in the firm's financial reports, and said Fantasia had made a late payment of $100 million due on this bond.

"We believe the existence of these bonds means that the company's liquidity situation could be tighter than we previously expected. The late payment also raises doubts about the company's ability to repay its maturities on a timely basis," Fitch wrote.

"Furthermore, this incident casts doubt on the transparency of the company's financial disclosures," it added.
no sh*t, sherlock
ProgN
U.S. faces recession if Congress doesn't address debt limit within 2 weeks, Yellen says

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/05/debt-ceiling-us-faces-recession-if-congress-doesnt-act.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Raising taxes guarantees a recession, with or without the debt ceiling being raised.
Triple_Bagger

SAVA might see a sympathy run up today due to this news. These AD stocks have moved together.
BlueTaze
BenRev09 said:

SKLZ flashing under 9

ARK sold about 1m shares of SKLZ eo Sept. Hopefully no more selling.

https://www.streetinsider.com/dr/news.php?id=19003479
FTAG 2000
AG
ProgN said:

U.S. faces recession if Congress doesn't address debt limit within 2 weeks, Yellen says

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/10/05/debt-ceiling-us-faces-recession-if-congress-doesnt-act.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Raising taxes guarantees a recession, with or without the debt ceiling being raised.
Then pass a clean bill to raise it.

But we all know Pelosi and Schumer are trying to use it as an excuse for another 3.5 trillion in spending.
mazag08
AG
REI trying to get it all at once.
FTAG 2000
AG
REI through a June 2019 resistance level at 3.94.

Next resistance at 6.
First Page Last Page
Page 4527 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.