Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,277 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
BaylorSpineGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Btw, when the market really craps the bed, it may be a good time to load up on boomer stocks/dividend aristocrats.

Some examples include:
Colgate-Palmolive
P&G
NEE
SHW
WMT
MDT
CVX
Plenty of others

The kind of stocks that you put in a never touch account. I had those sorts of plans with AAPL, but I ended up selling earlier in the month when it hit 453+ And then gave signs of a downturn.

Remember when blood is in the streets, we can get our mops out and clean up!
lobwedgephil
They were finally buying the semi's today, which is a good sign. We may keep going lower, but look for them to lead us back higher when that happens.
smstork1007
AG
In some ES at 4270 with a stop just under the 4268 low, decent r/r bottom fish. Never even noticed TexAgs had this forum, but will definitely try to tune in and participate in discussions going forward.
lobwedgephil
Nice entry.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Welcome!
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
smstork1007
AG
Thanks, moving stop up to break even and calling it a night. $30kMM, looking forward to being around and reading yours any everyone else's post and ideas and hopefully contributing where I can. Trade options or futures almost exclusively, but will see how I might learn from this group or give others some ideas. Glad to be aboard.
Philip J Fry
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Nice entry.

ProgN
Euro zone inflation hits highest level in 13 years as energy prices soar
FJ43
Mornun,

Pretty much red across the board - US, Eu & Asia

Futures both lower overnight and haven't recovered. More or less to Mancini's 4260 level.

VIX currently just under 24 after reaching almost 25 early premarket.

We shall see what today brings but one thing I know......Its Lotto Friday!

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
smstork1007 said:

Thanks, moving stop up to break even and calling it a night. $30kMM, looking forward to being around and reading yours any everyone else's post and ideas and hopefully contributing where I can. Trade options or futures almost exclusively, but will see how I might learn from this group or give others some ideas. Glad to be aboard.
Welcome! Look forward to seeing your posts, charts & ideas.

We are just a bunch of addicted degenerates working to make a buck.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43

Lotto ideas

FJ43

FJ43

FJ43

BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

AG 2000' said:

Ccutamu said:

PROG with an AH rocket. Up 14%
Entering a squeeze in the daily.

Let me know when we hit $4

Approaching $2
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
What's your wwr position?
mazag08
AG
Wow GILD tanking on some good news released yesterday. But leaving some gaps above. Quick rebound?
BaylorSpineGuy
BTCM looking squeezy today. I mentioned this one a few days ago as well.
H-town ag
AG
We flipped green so far! Let's Go!!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That's a serious move in futures.
59 South
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

That's a serious move in futures.
No kidding. 4310 next pivot. What side of 4300 it closes into the weekend should be telling.

1st of month & Q4 inflows could make for a good Friday ramp eh?
slacker00
AG
BTC led the way
FJ43
NIO with solid delivery news.

https://www.tipranks.com/news/nios-september-deliveries-skyrocket-125-street-says-buy

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think this is ultra unlikely, but I will LOL if we touch 4400 today
McInnis 03
AG

I'd change from regret to joy on the calls I bought yesterday
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

I'd change from regret to joy on the calls I bought yesterday
Think SPY 430.05 needs to hold. If not....whoops

McInnis 03
AG
I bought time just in case
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
cageybee77
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

BTCM looking squeezy today. I mentioned this one a few days ago as well.

I'd be more excited if volume was ramping up a bit more - but I'm not seeing that. Maybe today…..
FJ43

austinAG90
AG
Friday Macros

The new quarter started in a risk off mode as the last half hour of trading yesterday came out of left field... Equities got crushed in the last half hour and bonds soared 3 basis out of nowhere... Overnight China was said to tell their energy sector to secure supplies at any cost for the winter... China has a severe energy shortage... And so does Europe, we think the latter is more of a panic... But that sentiment led to risk off trading... As the US came in within the last hour, we are starting to see a reverse of the overnight activity.

Treasuries... Some big short covering yesterday... We still think the range is 1.46 to 1.56... 1.625 is coming as is 1.75... But not today... Our favorite DC insider called us early this am ... One observation made was that when the unemployment number is the second Friday of the month, which it is this month, the numbers are usually higher... We did not have time to verify the observation, but next Friday could be the catalyst that breaks the treasury back. We also discussed all the potential tax plans going around the belt way... Seems more like a wealth distribution scheme... We will wait to see what gets passed before we comment further.

Equities... We still do not like the valuations of equities, especially if we are correct on the rate structure... Inflation is locked in and growing... The supply chain issues are awful and getting worse... So far the food shelves in the grocery stores we frequent are ok, but it could get ugly... Big news yesterday was the "Dollar Tree" is breaking the dollar... No surprise there... But gasoline continues to grind higher... The world seems short of energy and fracking is not picking up the slack due to politics and banks moving away from lending in the energy space...

Credit and spreads... We see two contradictory BB headlines in the credit space...

CREDIT DAYBOOK AMERICAS: High-Grade Losses Are Worst Since March
U.S. HY OPEN: Junk Bonds End Month With Biggest Day Since 2014

somewhat contradictory... But our view is the demand for credit is still strong... But HY Muni bond funds saw there first withdrawal since March as the sell off in fixed income appeared to scare investors in riskier debt... FYI, this was confirmed in our morning call yesterday by our Muni team
Slappy007
AG
Milton Ault of DPW just increased his share count from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 in the last two days. Model T puts it right around $5.

Might be able to fill some 12/17 $4/$5 call spreads for $0.05. Or go out a little further to March for $0.10.

McInnis 03
AG
It would appear that I need to go get a haircut today. Probably a shampoo too.

B&I Key:
cageybee77
AG
My handful of USWS shares look funky this AM, I understand there was a reverse split but still shows the same number of shares - maybe have to wait till opening.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If using a software like ATP, you likely need to restart it just after cash session begins.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
UAL/LUV
First Page Last Page
Page 4518 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.