Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,044,904 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Charismatic Megafauna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also anybody know why there's a spy Thursday expiration this week? Is there always one last day of month?
FTAG 2000
AG
NRD09 said:

Also anybody know why there's a spy Thursday expiration this week? Is there always one last day of month?
Last day of month and quarter.

jwhitlock3
NRD09 said:

jwhitlock3 said:

You're planning to sell calls this early? I figured this had a run coming?

Base hits...

Thats the kind of stuff I'm here for, thanks guys!
BenRev09
AG
NRD09 said:

Guessing here but maybe quarter end? I don't remember seeing one for every month end
Chef Elko
AG
Yeah I did a buy-write on RGS just because I saw the oct $5c was $0.75 haha
FJ43
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43

RGS - I plan to sell 10/15 covered calls on any push to $5.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

TexasAg2017
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

sold $RGS 7.5C for $0.35 Oct 15.

You can't make this stuff up. LOL

Set an order to sell a call at .35 so we'll see if it fills
TMOOSE
You all think this is a little fake out before we go lower on SPY?
FTAG 2000
AG
TMOOSE said:

Watch VIX. Need it back below 20 to feel good about bullish direction, otherwise have to assume this is a fake out.
McInnis 03
AG
The S&P boys are breaking the ORH......lean on your longs.

I figure SPY will backtest 436.50 again if it really wants to leave the station today.......

QQQ is right at the top of the ORH, if it can break through, SPY will indeed go with it.

Nevermind.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

You're planning to sell calls this early? I figured this had a run coming?
I'll sell for more than 2X in under 2 weeks.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Brewmaster
AG
TMOOSE said:

wouldn't surprise me. We never retouched 430ish. I think technically we flashed to 429. I would've preferred we went ahead and did that yesterday, this is tricky tape.
mazag08
AG
I've got Friday expiring SPY $440's because we have a small gap above that lines up with what looks like would be the top of this bounce before going back down.
BrokeAssAggie
PROG trying to breakout
jbeck3487
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

One last item,....

Ag commodities (my career) we are in what the industry calls "gut-slot harvest" as producers deliver grains (beans a bit later in the season) to the elevators. Elevator bids to producers should be at their lowest right now. It's supply versus demand. Well, throughout the Midwest, yesterday was some record bidding taking place at elevators. Happened last year too. This is 180 degrees different than what normally should happen. Again, cash bids should be at there lowest point right now and they aren't, hitting some highs of the year. The commodity futures markets are not reflecting what is taking place in the cash markets. It's like the futures markets don't care and/or are suppressed.

At some point, boutique brewery's and pasta makers to major commercial soybean processing plants and grain elevators etc. will be bidding up for ag goods and talking about it in the press. The futures market will need to suddenly wake up. Will New York money go to Chicago? I don't know. Fundamentals say commodities should scream...pretty soon. If you think you're seeing food inflation now, I'd project it will be much worse over the next 12 months. Farmer's household food expenditures are up 5.79% (Jan to present versus last year)...probably related to JPOWELL's transitory inflation (sarcasm). Durum wheat (pasta wheat) availability along with most other quality milling bread wheats are tough to source. Lentils and chick peas and other staples experiencing difficulty too. If you're a pasta eater, buying a couple extra bags or boxes wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm not saying tank-up, but having a bit more pantry inventory then normal is not a bad thing. When a Kraft Mac & Cheese box triples or quadruples in price, there will be some angry folks.

My favorite beef cut is the Tomahawk steak, generally 3 lbs, in July the typical price was $38 today it's $52 in my marketplace. I know, I know, it's a first-world problem, but steak to hamburger is on an incline. Pork and chicken are reasonable, red meat is on the upward trend and been so for a while.

USDA pulled a stunt last week. I'll spare the long, short of the matter, they up'ed the supply side on corn in a problem year. USDA numbers aren't accurate, hell they are still correcting last years numbers. If they are trying to suppress prices to flatten inflation it doesn't work. The cash market will determine that point and right now it says commodities are tight, regardless what the futures markets reflect.

This is probably my only case to see a setback in the stock market before year end should money leave New York and head to Chicago...this or a financial disaster in China.
Okay when ProgN takes notice to a 10 year high in cotton - I take notice.

Way earlier this year the thread had discussion on Bunge (BG), Mosaic (MOS) and others. I had a buddy that was long these 2 and was looking to increase his long come JAS'21. Well,....I think the time has come.

Fertilizer prices are going higher and they already took a major jump in the last 3 months. Last week I bought all my lawn needs for next year (Yeah I do my own lawn. Being retired I have to make those degrees continue to be useful!) My cousin who farms the family estate has us locked-in price-wise for the coming year and suppliers told him there were no guarantees on actual delivery,...gotta love that! And, since I posted the above information (9/16), commodity prices are starting to heat up, finally.

MOS should rally based on current inputs and information in the link below.

BG should rally as financially strapped producers shift acres from corn to soybeans. Beans are a nitrogen fixating plant and can function with lower levels of commercial fertilizer keeping input costs down, but lots of beans available at harvest next year can suppress bean prices. May not net the maximum profit per acre, but keeps you in the farming game another year. So, what's the lesser of 2 evils, buy expensive fert and plant corn or reduce your fert bill and plant beans (?). Corn prices will move higher and likely bean prices tag along but not leading the way as corn will. BG can hedge themselves into a profit. Greg Heckman, BG CEO, and I were trading adversaries as young pups - he knows what he is doing. I won more trades then he did, but hey, he's CEO...and I'm retired, so there's that! Solid leadership with Greg.

https://www.agweb.com/news/crops/crop-production/fertilizer-prices-soar-near-2008-highs-supply-shocks-concerns-sprout

Anyway, BG and MOS look like solid adds to a portfolio (shares or options) based on fundamentals in the marketplace and the future 12 month outlook.

PS: Family Estate - I want to start growing houses. (JPOWELL I'm talking to you, keep interest rates low, please) Developer says the Home Place farm looks like bingo. We'll see - fingers-crossed. Had enough of corn, milo, wheat and cotton and riding the commodity price waves from feast to famine.

I love some good farm talk. My dad is finishing the cotton harvest this week. One of the best years he has ever had across the board. On the flipside, my in-laws own a feed mill. They have been paying the highest prices they have every paid for milo. The new crop coming in at least brought the price down for them.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TMOOSE said:

I really have no clue and think anyone expecting is big move in either direction is speculating. If you're going to trade right now be quick taking profits and tight with stops.
tam2002
AG
Just averaged down on WWR for the 5,398th time
Bob Knights Paper Hands
RGS cons: We saw the AH spike after the big volume day yesterday. On many if these Atlas plays we've seen stocks go down from here. The price couldn't hold over the 20-day so far this morning. The 9/10 emas are still under the 20/21 emas. The A/D has shown MASSIVE distribution from "smart money" over the past month.

pros: If this gets and holds above the 20-day there isn't a lot of resistance above. The past two days volume were the highest volume days since 12/20/2013 and this month's volume is the highest ever for the stock. OBV shows a spike upward starting yesterday. That along with the >30% shares of float short can make for a great squeeze if it starts moving.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
tam2002 said:

Just averaged down on WWR for the 5,398th time

Me to. Again.
TexasAg2017
AG
$SAVA

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4457665-cassava-sciences-simuliflam-could-be-approved
McInnis 03
AG
Now NQ at the ETH low
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Now NQ at the ETH low
Funny how that works, huh?

B&I Key:
Ragoo
AG
Come on roku flash to $300
AgCPA95
AG
TexasAg2017 said:

$SAVA

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4457665-cassava-sciences-simuliflam-could-be-approved
$700 price target in two years
jbeck3487
AG
MBIO is in the bottom area of its box
FTAG 2000
AG
Got filled on NNOX 1/21/22 110/125 spreads for .08.

Would be a 175 bagger.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I keep thinking we've reached the bottom for ROKU, but it just keeps falling.

That said, I'm convinced in can't possibly have much further to go. $280 at worst, right?

I've nearly doubled my position and averaged down to 318 though, so I feel good about it.
FTAG 2000
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I keep thinking we've reached the bottom for ROKU, but it just keeps falling.

That said, I'm convinced in can't possibly have much further to go. $280 at worst, right?

I've nearly doubled my position and averaged down to 318 though, so I feel good about it.
It's got a support level down at $275ish.
Irish 2.0

Oddest calls I've seen in awhile considering what China is doing with education companies.
FJ43
Ragoo said:

Come on roku flash to $300
5 min candle below 305.52 and I think you get your wish.

jbeck3487
AG
Watching the 775 area on TSLA for a bounce.
ProgN
LRCX has been killed this week
LOYAL AG
AG
S&P500 by 5 minutes with ATR We're back at that key level I highlighted yesterday afternoon. If we lose this area around 4360 on the S&P it's a pretty long fall to the next level of support. Be wary until we see either a bounce from here or a push through and fall.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Brewmaster
AG
AgCPA95 said:

TexasAg2017 said:

$SAVA

$700 price target in two years
if it trades for half that in 2 years, I will shave a C into the back of my head for Cassava! and the money I will have made will offset any public embarassments, lol.

First Page Last Page
Page 4509 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.