Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,462 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
HoustonAg2014
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did we say you can do this and sell covered calls at the same time?? Apologies if I missed this
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I didn't say either way. Someone else on here mentioned that they don't think you can sell calls against shares with an outstanding sell order and vice versa. Guess if you are on margin this isn't an issue.
cptthunder

Transitory my @$$. My family is paying $60/wk more for groceries and getting less.

Wife just told me that a box of diapers just went up $5 from a month ago (~13% increase) it's not going away anytime soon
Ornithopter
AG
Natural gas above $6
FJ43

Mornun....

Red US, red EU and mostly red Asia...

SPY & Qs below the 50 EMA.

VIX over 20 and almost 21.

Should be an interesting day....

Me opening to the gap downs all over the place....

Trade wisely!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gig em 02
Fed chairs stepped down, had to get one last windfall on their way out
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
cptthunder said:

Transitory my @$$. My family is paying $60/wk more for groceries and getting less.

Wife just told me that a box of diapers just went up $5 from a month ago (~13% increase) it's not going away anytime soon
Was looking at nighttime diapers for the 1-year old.

A box of 58 diapers cost $25 and a box of 119 cost $49 and that was before any taxes. Literally paying $0.42+ for a nighttime pee catcher.
Sea Speed
AG
Dude. Kids are ****ing expensive.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Here is a link to an interesting story about Global Ships and Shipping.

It's from 9-months ago (last December) and basically talks about how Cruise Companies and Global Shipping Companies are choosing to scrap ships in their fleets to avoid paying maintenance, fuel, insurance and docking costs and just take the payday for scrap metal on the ships. Which has essentially meant a reduction in the global shipping capacity. Have to think this was a poor move in the grand scheme of things.
KY-AG 10
AG
Dang it SPY. You had to go green to red overnight on my calls. Wondering if it sells off through when Powell speaks at the hearing today.
I gotta keep closer tabs on that guy. I feel like every time the press gets wind he's going to open his mouth we get a red day beforehand
Sea Speed
AG
Thanks for posting. The USMM is dying a slow slow death as well, and it's frustrating to watch. I'll watch this video later.
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
KY-AG 10 said:

Dang it SPY. You had to go green to red overnight on my calls. Wondering if it sells off through when Powell speaks at the hearing today.
I gotta keep closer tabs on that guy. I feel like every time the press gets wind he's going to open his mouth we get a red day beforehand

Market is having issues with the 10YR UST yield jumping over 1.53% over night. Two weeks ago it was hovering around 1.30%.

In layman's terms that means if you were quoted a homeloan two weeks ago, that quoted interest rate has gone up 0.23% because of the treasury.
ProgN
Red Pear Luke said:

KY-AG 10 said:

Market is having issues with the 10YR UST yield jumping over 1.53% over night. Two weeks ago it was hovering around 1.30%.

In layman's terms that means if you were quoted a homeloan two weeks ago, that quoted interest rate has gone up 0.23% because of the treasury.

The bond market knows this "transitory" inflation is rubbish. Inflation is here and when the progressives pass their 4T wet dream that it's only going to get worse.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
We had a lot of educated people on the B&I board arguing that it was transitory inflation and not real inflation that we were going to see. I still don't understand how they could think that adding so much to the money supply, and giving it both directly to consumers as stimulus checks and to investors by keeping stock values climbing, would not cause high "real" inflation. Now that it's actually been here we're still using that transitory label. I guess it was always all just political?
ProgN
I was mainly calling out that young "economist" dumbass on F16 that was calling all the old Ags idiots for not understanding MMP.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Oh I remember. There were others defending him. I just didn't understand that unless it was simply political goal tending.
gig em 02
Tomas Hermensa said:

We had a lot of educated people on the B&I board arguing that it was transitory inflation and not real inflation that we were going to see. I still don't understand how they could think that adding so much to the money supply, and giving it both directly to consumers as stimulus checks and to investors by keeping stock values climbing, would not cause high "real" inflation. Now that it's actually been here we're still using that transitory label. I guess it was always all just political?

If we see 10% inflation in 2021, and then only 4% inflation in 2022, then the sky high 10% was transitory and didn't carry over into 2022. #politicalmath
Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
Can someone tell me I am crazy or did the font styles on the entireity of texags change? Like reading posts and the message boards now seems off to me.
FJ43
Red Pear Luke said:

Can someone tell me I am crazy or did the font styles on the entireity of texags change? Like reading posts and the message boards now seems off to me.
Looks the same to me.....
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

austinAG90
AG
RIP Scimi...guy liked all things macro.

Major Risk Off Overnight. Treasuries Hit New Highs. Nat Gas up 9.5%

Treasuries hit new highs before the Nasdaq got hit hard. CTA s liquidated 81 billion of treasuries in the last week. Bonds stabilized for the moment but Charts look ugly. 1.53 should be a magnet for the moment. 1.62 after that. Expect Powell to get drilled today on the forced retirement of two favorite governors for their stock trading during the pandemic. Hopefully this is enough to get Powell renominated. Equities continue their risk off trading.
Remember Nasdaq leaders are long duration assets. As rates go higher Nasdaq leaders are under pressure

We will be leaving for the airport right after the morning meeting. So any updates will come from 38000 feet
Mas89
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

The same ones said our old school P/E ratios absolutely do not matter anymore. A 500 P/E ratio is absolutely ok and that us olds just do not understand the potential of these companies. Lol.
Mas89
AG
DubFalls said:

Natural gas above $6
Now do Europe.
FJ43

FJ43
Fed Speakers Tues 9/28/21

Charles Evans Speaks
9:00 AM ET

Jerome Powell
Senate Banking Committee
9:30 AM ET

James Bullard Speaks
1:40 PM ET

Raphael Bostic Speaks
3:00 PM ET

James Bullard Speaks
7:00 PM ET

Ragoo
AG
Nat Gas spiking while GPA annual meeting is taking place in San Antonio. I bet the hospitality suits are going nuts.
McInnis 03
AG
Gold taking it on the nose this morning.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
It's like hertz selling of their whole fleet only to be buying used cars for their fleet the next quarter. And what 30k mentioned the other day about large cap companies not thinking ahead of the next quarter. Makes sense to me from an e&p perspective where the board/ investors demand capex to be evaluated with a 10%, 20% or greater discount rate, you can't afford for cash/ assets to sit idle for more than a quarter
KY-AG 10
AG
So gap fill this morning on all these red numbers? Or lows testing last weeks lows?
McInnis 03
AG
DXY making quite a push upwards today........
LOYAL AG
AG
FJ43 said:

Fed Speakers Tues 9/28/21

Charles Evans Speaks
9:00 AM ET

Jerome Powell
Senate Banking Committee
9:30 AM ET

James Bullard Speaks
1:40 PM ET

Raphael Bostic Speaks
3:00 PM ET

James Bullard Speaks
7:00 PM ET
This would actually be useful on a week to week basis. Do they publish their speaking schedule each week somewhere nice and easy where we can go get it and post it here? The market isn't as sensitive to the others but Powell in particular is good for a flash crash every time he speaks.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Red Pear Luke said:

You are crazy. Man.

ASAN is finally coming back down but it's taken the whole market to do it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

You would think with massive inflation, uncertainty in the market, and fears about socializing rental properties that people would be running to buy gold. I guess all that money goes to NFTs and crypto these days?
McInnis 03
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

McInnis 03 said:

You would think with massive inflation, uncertainty in the market, and fears about socializing rental properties that people would be running to buy gold. I guess all that money goes to NFTs and crypto these days?
I went long on MGC (micro gold) and got stopped, switched to SIL (micro silver) and caught a bottom so, so far so good.
G Money
AG
What are you seeing/hearing on the socializing rental properties?
slacker00
AG
My fonts changed, maybe over the weekend, but just on the laptop not on the phone.
First Page Last Page
Page 4502 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.