Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,025,811 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by ProgN
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
NQ having a very hard time getting above the ETH low.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

NQ having a very hard time getting above the ETH low.
She poked through there for just a second....come on gurl......
SF2004
AG
Anybody ever get blown out on a Covered call?

Got a cost basis on an underlying of $23.65 with a $29 strike CC. Stock is current blowing it out at $34.

If I get called away I will be at 60% annualized return which is damn good but I can't help but be pissed off.
wanderer
Looks like someone got tired of explaining himself

cmk10
AG
CIDM is having a good morning so far.
McInnis 03
AG
SF2004 said:

Got a cost basis on an underlying of $23.65 with a $29 strike CC. Stock is current blowing it out at $34.

If I get called away I will be at 60% annualized return which is damn good but I can't help but be pissed off.
THIS is the hard part.

Want me to play OA or Mc? I'll play OA!

OA: YOU SOLD THAT COVERED CALL BECAUSE YOU DETERMINED THAT FINANCIALLY THIS IS THE RETURN YOU WANTED WHEN YOU SOLD IT! TAKE THE PROFITS, AND MAKE THE NEXT TRADE!

Now I'll be Mc.

Mc: Dude. That sucks. But nice job.
McInnis 03
AG
wanderer said:

Is it too much? I hate when I don't understand acronyms so I figured this would be good for my linguistics.
FTAG 2000
AG
McInnis 03 said:

SF2004 said:

THIS is the hard part.

Want me to play OA or Mc? I'll play OA!

OA: YOU SOLD THAT COVERED CALL BECAUSE YOU DETERMINED THAT FINANCIALLY THIS IS THE RETURN YOU WANTED WHEN YOU SOLD IT! TAKE THE PROFITS, AND MAKE THE NEXT TRADE!

Now I'll be Mc.

Mc: Dude. That sucks. But nice job.

Could also look at rolling it out and taking a credit (profit), with a hope for it to come back down.

Triple_Bagger
AG 2000' said:

SAVA just chewing up those EMAs.
And short interest is up. Fidelity had 120,000 shares available to short on Friday and now they only have 8,000 44 shares available to short.

They should announce the start of phase 3 clinical trials soon.
jwhitlock3
McInnis 03 said:

wanderer said:

Is it too much? I hate when I don't understand acronyms so I figured this would be good for my linguistics.

I've gone searching the internet trying to follow your posts so no its not too much and it's appreciated!
Ragoo
AG
Mara looks ready to move quick
ibdm98
AG
$ENG

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Tomas Hermensa said:

Big red candle on XM. Is anybody concerned about Oct $45 or $50 calls yet?

And then that happened. Bigger volume green candles and a big W. Let's get an hold $47 today.
ProgN
Double_Bagger said:

AG 2000' said:

SAVA just chewing up those EMAs.
And short interest is up. Fidelity had 120,000 shares available to short on Friday and now they only have 8,000 44 shares available to short.

They should announce the start of phase 3 clinical trials soon.
Hey everyone, SAVA is actively looking for patients with early onset Alzheimer's that would like to be in their phase 3 trials. My neighbor is going to apply. If you know anyone or have a loved one that may qualify, you might want to tell them about it.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
SF2004 said:

What stock? If it's up big today, look at what you could to as far as rolling it out. Consider rolling it out a month but move the strike up if you are confident in the stock. Or roll it out at the same strike if there's enough premium if you are concerned this will pump and dump.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
$AMD joining the party.
ibdm98
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

SF2004 said:

What stock? If it's up big today, look at what you could to as far as rolling it out. Consider rolling it out a month but move the strike up if you are confident in the stock. Or roll it out at the same strike if there's enough premium if you are concerned this will pump and dump.
I've been doing this with $SAVA. I originally bought in a few weeks back at $75 but have been bringing my cost basis down by selling weekly calls. My CCs have sometimes been in the money by as much as $20 but I wait until the day or 2 before expiry to roll it to try and eat as much of the theta as possible.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
So... um.... does anyone want to buy some lightly used 735/750/765 TSLA flies? I will deliver to your location.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My whole portfolio - trading account + IRAs - is up over 5% today. Huge day so far! This would more than offset losses from the last couple of weeks.
Triple_Bagger
Double_Bagger said:

$SAVA

Assuming SAVA continues this trend, next weeks C65/70 spread @1.6 is attractive.

Could do straight calls if you want a home run, but higher risk. If we lose this trend you could lose 50% in a hurry.
These are just about a double. I'm trimming half my position here and letting the profits ride.
Brewmaster
AG
cmon FB! it wants to go
Brewmaster
AG
great call on these! I just cashed out. I'll revisit this one though, if it gives me an opportunity.
H-town ag
AG
CEI is still going.

WWR with a strong day. Some believe Ford's recent comments on need for US based mining is helping here.
Saltyag15
AG
ibdm98 said:

$ENG

Me likey. Hey, another ripper like today might actually get me back to break-even on this thing.
jimbo9821
AG
Have any of yall found a good way to play the Atlas pumps? $WISH, $CEI etc... I havent figured out the best method. Ive won some and certainly lost some as well. Tried shared, tried short term calls.
FTAG 2000
AG
jimbo9821 said:

Have any of yall found a good way to play the Atlas pumps? $WISH, $CEI etc... I havent figured out the best method. Ive won some and certainly lost some as well. Tried shared, tried short term calls.

I think there's two plays (probably more, but only I've found):

1. If you get Ripster alerts as soon as he posts, buy shares. But take profits quickly on way up and have tight stops because all the stuff inevitably gets shorted hard.

2. Check if there's options on them. If there are, wait for volume exhaustion on the run up, then buy puts ATM.

I don't track it religiously but don't know of many of his (if any) that have stayed 'up'. Usually volume dies out and it crashes back down.

And as a general rule, don't hold overnight.

H-town ag
AG
H-town ag said:

CEI is still going.

WWR with a strong day. Some believe Ford's recent comments on need for US based mining is helping here.
Ford CEO Farley calls for making EVs more affordable, bringing mining back to US
BullSprig07
AG
H-town ag said:

CEI is still going.

See you guys on Mars

Water Turkey07
Brewmaster
AG
jimbo9821 said:

what AG 2000 said.. I would add though, plays like WISH and CEI can be long term holds (shares) if you get a good entry. but their true pumps, can pop up and crash the same day (only good for a quick scalp).
La Bamba
AG
H-town ag said:

H-town ag said:

CEI is still going.

Ford CEO Farley calls for making EVs more affordable, bringing mining back to US
I just wish it was on a bit more volume. I think the ramp day it's having has more to do with IWM. Huge day too but on relatively low vol.

edit: re WWR
La Bamba
AG
BREwmaster said:

jimbo9821 said:

what AG 2000 said.. I would add though, plays like WISH and CEI can be long term holds (shares) if you get a good entry. but their true pumps, can pop up and crash the same day (only good for a quick scalp).
I wait until they move on to the next pump and then short the F outta the last pump.
FJ43

SOFI 1 min volume.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FTAG 2000
AG
ET and XOM both popping.
Spoony Love
AG
BREwmaster said:

cmon FB! it wants to go
I'm waiting too. Let's go FB. Get moving.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Nice bump for Kplt today, just sold oct 7.5 covereds for .5
First Page Last Page
Page 4499 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.