Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,042,285 Views | 231653 Replies | Last: 14 min ago by ProgN
Bob Knights Paper Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG 2000' said:

Just got a form 4 notification for one of SAVA's execs, sold 1200 shares.

And a drop in price after hours to go along with it.

Well that's disappointing.
McInnis 03
AG
All the indicies selling off AH still.....
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Triple_Bagger
Tomas Hermensa said:

AG 2000' said:

Well that's disappointing.
Not as bad as it sounds. He had a stock option expiring 9/16/21, so he exercised it 9/15/21.

Bought 2,801 shares @27.37
Sold 1,746 shares @43.92

Now he has 1,055 shares left net free. We aren't the only ones who like net free positions

http://archive.fast-edgar.com/20210921/A3ZZA22CZ222V262222U22Z2SAOEZY2S2932/
ProgN
AG 2000' said:

1200 shrs is nothing. That's less than 100K. I know SAVA has been beaten like a red headed stepchild, but let's keep things in perspective.
BaylorSpineGuy
Always trust your convictions!!

I bought calls on SFIX yesterday along with 200 shares. I got anxious today when it went up initially band then retreated. I sold them for like 8% gains. Oh well….

We have to trust our analysis!! Massive volume in last 4 days and I knew it! AH, it's popped like almost 20%. Those calls would be like 5-baggers right now.

Ugh….
ProgN
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I bought calls on SFIX yesterday along with 200 shares. I got anxious today when it went up initially band then retreated. I sold them for like 8% gains. Oh well….

We have to trust our analysis!! Massive volume in last 4 days and I knew it! AH, it's popped like almost 20%. Those calls would be like 5-baggers right now.

Ugh….
I posted last week that the board should put it on their radar, but it's more of a 6-8 month play because I believe it's at least a double. I didn't anticipate them crushing earnings today though. You made a profit so it was a good day.
FTAG 2000
AG
Prognightmare said:

AG 2000' said:

1200 shrs is nothing. That's less than 100K. I know SAVA has been beaten like a red headed stepchild, but let's keep things in perspective.
Yeah didn't see the buy side of that or the fact it was tied to stock options.

Non-event, other than the algos dinged it AH as soon as it hit.
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
AG 2000' said:

Prognightmare said:

AG 2000' said:

Yeah didn't see the buy side of that or the fact it was tied to stock options.

Non-event, other than the algos dinged it AH as soon as it hit.
He just had to make sure there was enough cash in his bank account for quarterly taxes.
BaylorSpineGuy
I appreciate that. I was believing the earnings report would be good because there was massive buying volume since last week. I announced it on here yesterday but got buried during middle of day shred that took place.

That's why I believed it was gonna do well. Like 5-10x normal volume, so I assumed it was institutional money coming in for the big run up.

As you say rightly, though, never complain about profits. And yes…this could be a 2-3x play over a year's time.
FTAG 2000
AG
GSAH may be worth watching.

It had been below all its EMAs since late July.

Over the last two weeks it's climbed over the 8,15,21,34, and today closed above the 55.

Not expecting it to go supernova or anything but perhaps they are nearing completion of the acquisition and will get a spike out of it.

Michael Cera Palin
AG
H-town ag said:

Some other positive comments from WWR's press release:

"The Company's ongoing marketing activities have revealed a rapidly increasing interest in greater amounts of battery-grade graphite for electric vehicles. .... . This interest and added scope has the potential to increase the value of the Coosa Graphite Project. This added scope has resulted in a slight delay in the completion of the DFS."

...."the Company's marketing efforts have now engaged with more than 40 potential customers, and have resulted in 15 new non-disclosure agreements with various battery manufacturers, automotive Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM's), and battery developers. At this time, 10 samples have been sent to potential customers for testing. Testing samples for electrical properties and performance is the first step in qualification, and is a critical first step for developing customers for our products."
Love to see this. Been tough watching it drop but it's a long hold for me and am positive about the future.

I know I occasionally go on nuclear side convos here but really high purity graphite is going to be needed for new high-temp gas reactors being designed. X-Energy is already producing graphite nuclear fuel, I could see the scenario where they want US-sourced graphite from a company like WWR.....a man can dream I guess.
gougler08
AG
Prognightmare said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

Ugh….
I posted last week that the board should put it on their radar, but it's more of a 6-8 month play because I believe it's at least a double. I didn't anticipate them crushing earnings today though. You made a profit so it was a good day.

I hopped in with shares last week once it started basing out, great call sir! May sell some covered calls on the pop tomorrow and either get called for the quick profit or take premium if it settles.
cageybee77
AG
FFS @ LPTX. AH hit. I hate it when they do this.
TMOOSE
What do you guys think Happens tomorrow? More blood?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
been busy with work. Tough trading.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
TMOOSE said:

I think good odds of a 4300 or 4270 test.
^^^ What he said ^^^
TMOOSE
Ouchh
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Maybe we can go ahead and get that over with before open?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Quick personal update:

Most of you know I am a fortune 50 exec in my day to day life. Covid has given me a unique opportunity to be able to be a more active trader. This last year and a half has been rewarding and I have deeply enjoyed engaging with this community.

The time has come, however, where I have to resume "normal" activities. This means I have to change how I trade and I will unfortunately not be able to be as active for a while on this board.

I am strongly considering becoming a full time trader early next year, but in the mean time, I have to give priority to my work.
lobwedgephil
Futures all went vertical on good China news.
ibdm98
AG
30k, you've been awesome and have shared/taught a lot to everyone here.

I think I speak for all in saying thank you for what you provide this board.

Good luck with your "normal" job.
McInnis 03
AG
lobwedgephil said:

Futures all went vertical on good China news.

Evergrande is making its bond payment.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Talon2DSO
AG
You're awesome man, definitely have learned a ton from you. If you ever have any openings, I'm down!
Engine10
AG
Ah yes, I love the smell of "risk on" in the morning
TMOOSE
Thanks for everything always. You're so kind and helpful and have taught me so much.

Top 50? If you ever need someone in sales reach out as well haha

Brewmaster
AG
TMOOSE said:

I'm in the other camp, I think we get a bounce, JPow will be dovish as usual. Need VIX to get crushed a bit lower too. This may be a larger correction and if so we won't go straight down, there will be fake breakouts. just my 2 cents.

I took profits on SPY calls today though, still holding a few verticals.
mazag08
AG
I actually feel like tomorrow will be mostly green. We could definitely go lower quicker, but it's looking to me like we're in the b-wave of this correction. If so, the b subdivides into its own a-b-c and the fibs are all lining up to see the b-wave finish up between 4400 and 4450. Of course, a break below yesterday's low would signal towards 4270. The question then would be.. is that the a-wave of an even deeper correction, or is that the fat lady singing?
ProgN
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Quick personal update:

Most of you know I am a fortune 50 exec in my day to day life. Covid has given me a unique opportunity to be able to be a more active trader. This last year and a half has been rewarding and I have deeply enjoyed engaging with this community.

The time has come, however, where I have to resume "normal" activities. This means I have to change how I trade and I will unfortunately not be able to be as active for a while on this board.

I am strongly considering becoming a full time trader early next year, but in the mean time, I have to give priority to my work.
You do what's best for you and your family. Your contributions are valued and respected. We'll always be here, but check in from time to time. God speed my friend.
spud1910
AG
Best wishes and thanks for the input. I have learned a lot from you and enjoy your posts.
BaylorSpineGuy
Here's an interesting play I'm likely buying tomorrow late or Thursday depending on options prices:

The Bear case against Costco (COST):

FA:
It certainly feels like a lot of the air has been taken out of the sails here as I suspect we near the end of this incredible bull run. Costco, in my opinion, is like a microcosm of the US economy. It has groceries, electronics, clothing, lawn furniture, games, television, phones, etc. It's quite comprehensive as a store. And it makes a good chunk of its profits on subscriptions. A lot of folks are speculating that their renewals are gonna go down with this report coming Thursday. My wife (who I consider the epitome of the American shopper, God bless her!) tonight told me she hasn't been shopping there as much these past few months. She really had no explanation except to say she's not buying snacks for the kids in bulk like she was during lockdown or something. Americans change habits from time to time and have no explanation. This company will always be solid in terms of cost of goods, etc., but I think supply chains are about to cut into their success as well. Supply chain issues are becoming increasingly painful and common. FedEx tonight got hammered on their report and fell more than 10 pts AH.

TA:
Evergrande is getting a lot of credit for Monday's debacle but I suspect that's just a popular narrative. People knew they were insolvent for months. I think Monday was a big distribution day, and volume was super high across a lot of sectors and companies. COST took a dump down $12 at one point before marching back toward the end of the day. Today, it gained back almost 1 pt on very low volume (likely retail thinking they bought the dip haha!).

If you look closely at the charts, the SPY and COST charts can be nearly superimposed on one another in terms of growth over the last year (save for a few minor pullbacks here and there). That's why I said this company is like a microcosm of our entire economy.

I digress. Investors have very little appetite for these enormous costs of stocks anymore. COST is $450/share! $45,000 to own 100 shares of 1 company. The average American investor can maybe afford a few shares, certainly not 100. Amazon had its best earnings report EVER recently and promptly tanked 400 points. There's simply no appetite for these highly expensive companies.

COST recently completed a H&S pattern and fell fairly well about 10 points. It's trying to bounce back right now and finds itself in a double top pattern (after falling nearly 10 points on Monday). Volume looks to support the downward trend. My guess is more bad news forces this stock price down significantly Thursday evening.

Conclusion:

I think the FedEx report from today is a harbinger of things to come. Supply chain woes and increasing costs are chipping into profits. My family is feeling it. I suspect we all are. Kroger recently reported their profits were cut because they kept prices down despite increasing costs. Who on Earth will see this stock shooting up Thursday AH?

I am not a nearly good enough technician to tell you which calls/puts to buy or sell and what price to bail or whatever? My plan is to buy ATM or near the money puts** near end of day tomorrow or Thursday….a lotto so to speak with expiration on Friday.

I welcome all criticisms. Thanks and have a great night!
h/t to you sir.

Thank you for your posts and work here.

As for the step in changing careers/occupations:
One of the questions you'll want to answer is, "How many millions do you need"? ... and I'm dead serious.

Good luck!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
That is the question to answer! You guys are great. I'm not going anywhere, just can't do as much.
cjo03
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

wait, who approved this?
DavysApprentice
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Here's an interesting play I'm likely buying tomorrow late or Thursday depending on options prices:

The Bear case against Costco (COST):

FA:
It certainly feels like a lot of the air has been taken out of the sails here as I suspect we near the end of this incredible bull run. Costco, in my opinion, is like a microcosm of the US economy. It has groceries, electronics, clothing, lawn furniture, games, television, phones, etc. It's quite comprehensive as a store. And it makes a good chunk of its profits on subscriptions. A lot of folks are speculating that their renewals are gonna go down with this report coming Thursday. My wife (who I consider the epitome of the American shopper, God bless her!) tonight told me she hasn't been shopping there as much these past few months. She really had no explanation except to say she's not buying snacks for the kids in bulk like she was during lockdown or something. Americans change habits from time to time and have no explanation. This company will always be solid in terms of cost of goods, etc., but I think supply chains are about to cut into their success as well. Supply chain issues are becoming increasingly painful and common. FedEx tonight got hammered on their report and fell more than 10 pts AH.

TA:
Evergrande is getting a lot of credit for Monday's debacle but I suspect that's just a popular narrative. People knew they were insolvent for months. I think Monday was a big distribution day, and volume was super high across a lot of sectors and companies. COST took a dump down $12 at one point before marching back toward the end of the day. Today, it gained back almost 1 pt on very low volume (likely retail thinking they bought the dip haha!).

If you look closely at the charts, the SPY and COST charts can be nearly superimposed on one another in terms of growth over the last year (save for a few minor pullbacks here and there). That's why I said this company is like a microcosm of our entire economy.

I digress. Investors have very little appetite for these enormous costs of stocks anymore. COST is $450/share! $45,000 to own 100 shares of 1 company. The average American investor can maybe afford a few shares, certainly not 100. Amazon had its best earnings report EVER recently and promptly tanked 400 points. There's simply no appetite for these highly expensive companies.

COST recently completed a H&S pattern and fell fairly well about 10 points. It's trying to bounce back right now and finds itself in a double top pattern (after falling nearly 10 points on Monday). Volume looks to support the downward trend. My guess is more bad news forces this stock price down significantly Thursday evening.

Conclusion:

I think the FedEx report from today is a harbinger of things to come. Supply chain woes and increasing costs are chipping into profits. My family is feeling it. I suspect we all are. Kroger recently reported their profits were cut because they kept prices down despite increasing costs. Who on Earth will see this stock shooting up Thursday AH?

I am not a nearly good enough technician to tell you which calls/puts to buy or sell and what price to bail or whatever? My plan is to buy ATM or near the money calls near end of day tomorrow or Thursday….a lotto so to speak with expiration on Friday.

I welcome all criticisms. Thanks and have a great night!

It sounds like you have thought this over in regards to this stock.

I just can't tell what you think will happen. You make the bear case and then want calls? Is this just because you think it will go against the grain? Maybe I am misunderstanding. Either way, you may look at some spreads on it if you are looking at the short term. The 452.50/457.50 is going for around 2.20
First Page Last Page
Page 4482 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.