Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,146 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 30 min ago by ProgN
wanderer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Nice trade, but I'm struggling to figure out how that script was used to give a call buying trigger.

tlepoC
AG
I totally misused it for the sell trigger. I didn't use it for the buy.
McInnis 03
AG
Russel and IWM have just gotten jiggy after taking all my money this morning I got it all back. Take that Rusty.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
cptthunder
Saltyag15 said:

I can't speak for everyone, but I think my plan is sell some $2.50 covered calls on half my shares on the next good run-up. Hopefully I get called out, and I should be net free on my remaining shares, and I'll let those ride.

That would be the ideal scenario for me.
Pretty much the same for me, whittling away to a net free holding one way or another from covered calls and swinging trading shares
jbeck3487
AG
TSLA flagging intraday here. Lets she which way it breaks.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
bought back SAVA short puts on the spike here.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
0708aggie
AG
In for 760 C
McInnis 03
AG
Re: Posty Pivots.....

Table of contents for my chart:
Dotted lines = Woodies Daily Pivots
Red Box = Initial Balance or Opening Range, yellow box is just extended out for the rest of the day
Green bars = volume profile
Labeled bullet lines = Posty Pivots
Pink lines and dots = Value area from yesterday and VPOC

I trust them on the futures, but have been leery of equities; however, I thought showing you how TSLA behaved today was worthy of a glance.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
confucius_ag
AG
WWR moving
BaylorSpineGuy
At the risk of stirring up a political riot like we had a few days ago….anyone have puts on MRNA? Down 20 pts today. Bet someone made some real jack on that play.

Bad vaccine news out of Israel.
BrokeAssAggie
BaylorSpineGuy said:

At the risk of stirring up a political riot like we had a few days ago….anyone have puts on MRNA? Down 20 pts today. Bet someone made some real jack on that play.

What's the news?
Brewmaster
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm guessing that the news is: covid numbers are through the roof and maybe the vax is trash? whuddathunk it! I've been watching this for a couple weeks now, like a train wreck in slow motion.
Aggie_2463
AG
Went ahead and bought back my SDC shares at 6.46 that I sold at 7.39 this morning

Weeeeeee
J.P. 03
AG
SPX just broke below 4435....will we reclaim?
0708aggie
AG
Free falling
gougler08
AG
confucius_ag said:

WWR moving
Bunch of small caps had some volume roll in
gigemJTH12
AG
we gonna stop out on $XM?
H-town ag
AG
Any thoughts on buying a VIX put here for next week?
cjo03
AG
Anyone still play SFIX? earnings next week.. been beat down this year.
tlepoC
AG
Is this where small caps rocket for a few days before market crashes? Considering all I'm holding still is small caps, I would welcome a chance to get out.
FJ43
gigemJTH12 said:

we gonna stop out on $XM?
If you are referring to 9/17 50C those have been dead for a while now.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brewmaster
AG
H-town ag said:

If you can time it right, it can pay nicely. But be careful if the markets crater into the close here.

You could also do a lower risk put spread out a couple weeks.
H-town ag
AG
BREwmaster said:

H-town ag said:

If you can time it right, it can pay nicely. But be careful if the markets crater into the close here.

You could also do a lower risk put spread out a couple weeks.
Gracias.
wanderer
V recovery with volume (SPY) at 12:50?
Triple_Bagger
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I bought a 9/24 P400/395 put spread for 1.10 but I haven't heard bad news yet. FDA advisory panel is expected to vote on boosters after market close today and I've seen rumors they are voting against them. That's why I bought the put spread.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I kind of think they will screw the shorts here momentarily.
AgCPA95
AG
tlepoC said:

http://tos.mx/XQ3WBFV

Just sharing the study created based on the code from #https://usethinkscript.com/threads/day-trading-with-pivots.7943/

probably need to figure out a way to give credit to source in the share

I'm an amateur when it comes to TOS on the studies side. Once imported, I clicked 'open once imported' but it doesn't seem to open. I've searched for help on this and videos I have watched seem to have study pop open, but I'm not getting that. I can see the imported study under "Tools" on the bottom half on "Received items"

Can someone point me in the right direction please?
tlepoC
AG
I haven't figured out why the "open after importing" doesn't seem to do anything for most imports of shared content.

For this,

Select 'Studies' button in toolbar of chart you would like to add to. Should be top right area of toolbar.
Select 'Edit Studies' (other ways but this is easiest for me)
Search on left for 'Pivot_BullBear'
Click 'Add Selected' or double click
It should be present on the 'Price' section on that page and display on graph after selecting 'Apply'

You can go back into that 'edit studies' and double click on the actual study name on the right hand side to change parameters as necessary.
SoTXAg09
AG
You need to go back to the charts tab, then right click on a chart and select edit studies. You can find it from there. I don't have it open on a desktop so I can't provide better instructions, but that might be good enough.
corndog04
AG
BREwmaster said:

BaylorSpineGuy said:

I'm guessing that the news is: covid numbers are through the roof and maybe the vax is trash? whuddathunk it! I've been watching this for a couple weeks now, like a train wreck in slow motion.

What is this bad news out of Israel that wouldn't be priced in before today? I haven't seen anything, and I thought the dump today is over uncertainty on how hard and for what subgroups a booster is going to be pushed. It honestly seems to me right now that news and price should be inversely related. Less effective vaccine = more need (or push) for more shots = more money.
AgCPA95
AG
tlepoC said:

I haven't figured out why the "open after importing" doesn't seem to do anything for most imports of shared content.

For this,

Select 'Studies' button in toolbar of chart you would like to add to. Should be top right area of toolbar.
Select 'Edit Studies' (other ways but this is easiest for me)
Search on left for 'Pivot_BullBear'
Click 'Add Selected' or double click
It should be present on the 'Price' section on that page and display on graph after selecting 'Apply'

You can go back into that 'edit studies' and double click on the actual study name on the right hand side to change parameters as necessary.
Thanks...got it.

(Thanks SoTXAg09 as well for response)
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
sold SAVA 44P for $1.95. Expiring next week
Bob Knights Paper Hands
ATER with some volume and price movement here the last 30 minutes.
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

sold SAVA 44P for $1.95. Expiring next week

World Alzheimer's Day is Tuesday. Would be great if SAVA could drop their 12-month data on that day
McInnis 03
AG
Scalping monday qqq 373c here

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 4470 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.