Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,039,018 Views | 231645 Replies | Last: 25 min ago by ProgN
H-town ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Is it power hour yet?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I bought SPY from 442.70 through 442.00. I did not wait for confirmation of a reversal. Rules were broken.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I shorted TSLA after the opening rip. Then I chickened out, but the shares back, and went after 755/760 credit spreads for next week. My target is 30% gains this morning, 15% gains in the afternoon, or sell before 2pm today.
FJ43
Taking SPY calls for next week here. Will cut if loses LOD.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gougler08
AG
Entering Oct GILD $72.5 calls if I can get filled at $1, really nice defined channel/flag pattern
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
resold $OSTK puts for next week. 70P
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Spoony Love
AG
What are you taking?
0708aggie
AG
I took 9/24, $445 C @ $2.43
Brewmaster
AG
anyone else concerned this week looks like a bear flag? whereas most OPEX weeks we dip and rip?
H-town ag
AG
rippy - rippy!
FJ43

SPY levels I have had drawn in before open. So far working as charted.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
BREwmaster said:

anyone else concerned this week looks like a bear flag? whereas most OPEX weeks we dip and rip?
Yep. Posted that yesterday on the SPX chart and how the pattern was different than prior OpEx and Quad Witch.

FJ43
Spoony Love said:

What are you taking?
I took the 450C.

30k the 443C

452ish is my target

LOYAL AG
AG
Morning y'all. I've been completely missing in action here for about two months and realized Monday I'd missed 3000 posts from this thread. Hate it but duty called and here we are.

I really wanted to get back in last weekend to remind everyone of the marathon post I made about Quad Witching back in July then to share my thoughts on how to win on this day and I failed at that as well. That post can be found HERE. In December I'll bump it early enough for everyone interested to act on it. Long story short I fully expected exactly what we're getting today which was a flat to slight gap up open and a hard down trading session. If you expected anything else you didn't read my post. Not being obnoxious just trying to help us learn something about this day.

My $.02 on trading today would have been to play Put lottos which is what I did. Late yesterday I bought AAPL $147p for $.2 and sold them early this morning for $1. Come December regardless of where the market is that's how I'll approach this day. We haven't had an up Friday in the week of quad witching in two years and we've had a total of two in the past 3-1/2 years. This is easily the most heavily manipulated day in the market so take advantage of it. Again I apologize for the "I knew it" of this post, that's not what I mean. We're all learning here and that July post was a big lesson for me and today was the first chance I got to implement the lessons. Next quarter I'll bring it up in a more timely manner so we all do something good with it.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
wanderer
wanderer said:

Used VIX over 20 and the dip today to sell some 9/17 SPY put credit spreads (435/433) for .25 each. It's not a sexy trade, but seems like a good way to utilize some parked capital instead of trying to catch falling knives.
These are now at a penny. Since they will both be OTM (presumably....) do I run any risk not closing them out by the end of today? Technically they should be expire worthless, but is there any risk of somehow getting assigned for some crazy reason?
H-town ag
AG
Question on VEON calls ... I bought some $2 VEON calls expiring today several weeks ago ... they are still trading negative. Do I wait till later in the day to sell or take what I have now?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Tomas Hermensa said:

I shorted TSLA after the opening rip. Then I chickened out, but the shares back, and went after 755/760 credit spreads for next week. My target is 30% gains this morning, 15% gains in the afternoon, or sell before 2pm today.

And I'm out of these for a 10% gain. Paper hands when trading against the major trend. I'm not ashamed.
wanderer
Watch DNN get pushed down to 1.49 with 14k 1.5c open. Next month will be interesting with tons of OI throughout it's option chain.
J.P. 03
AG
Dreaded "h" incoming on SPY/SPX? Flirting with that 4435 level again.
tlepoC
AG
I am playing a lotto today - I need some thrills

0dte 443 SPY calls @ .56

Bounce!
lobwedgephil
Decent bounce of the 50 day for spy. If trends hold like last year, we close around the 50 day, and bounce Monday.
Philip J Fry
AG
Of course I bought in at 1.70
FJ43
H-town ag said:

Question on VEON calls ... I bought some $2 VEON calls expiring today several weeks ago ... they are still trading negative. Do I wait till later in the day to sell or take what I have now?
Earlier rather than later. Premium crush big time.

cptthunder
If ELOX can break this down trend this could get fun

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Tomas Hermensa said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

And I'm out of these for a 10% gain. Paper hands when trading against the major trend. I'm not ashamed.

Now I am a sad, paper-handed wussy. I should have stuck to my plan instead of biting on the reversal head-fake.
gougler08
AG
DNN going to make all those 1.5 calls/puts worthless
McInnis 03
AG
Bought the ever living **** out of QQQ when NQ hit woodies S2 pivot.......that paid well. Left runners. Come on Friday, do your runup thing.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tlepoC
AG
and I'm out for a quick 60% (thank you to the TOS pivot script that McInnis? shared the other day)
Decay
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Now I am a sad, paper-handed wussy. I should have stuck to my plan instead of biting on the reversal head-fake.

10% profits, nothing to hang your head sir.
BaylorSpineGuy
What is everyone's target price here? $2.50? $3?
Ragoo
AG
tlepoC said:

and I'm out for a quick 60% (thank you to the TOS pivot script that McInnis? shared the other day)
can you reshare this?
McInnis 03
AG
Ragoo said:

tlepoC said:

can you reshare this?
Was it this one? Posty Pivots?

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/day-trading-with-pivots.7943/
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
tlepoC
AG
http://tos.mx/XQ3WBFV

Just sharing the study created based on the code from #https://usethinkscript.com/threads/day-trading-with-pivots.7943/

probably need to figure out a way to give credit to source in the share
Saltyag15
AG
I can't speak for everyone, but I think my plan is sell some $2.50 covered calls on half my shares on the next good run-up. Hopefully I get called out, and I should be net free on my remaining shares, and I'll let those ride.

That would be the ideal scenario for me.
McInnis 03
AG
If you want to cite him, you can add this to the top line of the script....

#Code created by @Tony_Futures on Twitter based on code created by @SergeTrades and derived by @PostyTrades

LOL

B&I Key:
First Page Last Page
Page 4469 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.