Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,698 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 8 min ago by EnronAg
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Got it. Thanks for the clarity.
AGSmith
AG
FYI…
Bosco
AG
AGSmith said:

FYI…

Got it. Great trade for a beginner like myself!

Thanks OA
BaylorSpineGuy
I think SPX needs about 4490-4491 for the Model T (4545-4436 more or less).
wanderer
wanderer said:

Now /ES is in the zone.

I went with 0DTE SPY 446 calls when I posted that I just unloaded for 30%.
These are now sitting at 210%.

I know I know, profit is profit....Should have rolled up like McInnis did with TWTR so I would have had some runners for the afternoon or even on Fri.
Brewmaster
AG
yeah take it easy champ. You might get a dip to buy more SPY calls tomorrow.
mazag08
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

I think SPX needs about 4490-4491 for the Model T (4545-4436 more or less).
That's also that level that signifies a strong potential for breakout to the upside based on EW analysis. And it lines up with ES 4480 which is a key level for ES to point to breakout.
FJ43
Might consider selling covered calls on DNN up here.

I know 30K did.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

oldarmy1
AG
$NXTD likely to give you $0.56 over the next 30 days (Model T off last wave). Warrant and offer combined price is $0.45. Big volume today. I took 250k shares for just this target trade, not long term.
oldarmy1
AG
I like XOM $60 Nov 19 calls. Good premium value right now under $1.25. Looking for $2.40
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
On $DNN - I sold the December 2.5C for $0.31 against my full lot of shares. My basis is probably $0.50 and I am completely fine parting with them for what would be almost 6X.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
McInnis 03
AG
3 days worth of Posty levels on NQ.....

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I only made one mistake today: $MSFT.

jwhitlock3
SAVA do I spy an RDR??
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
jwhitlock3 said:

SAVA do I spy an RDR??
could be. I'd like to escape those short 48P for a scratch.
Spoony Love
AG
I sold a $305c I grabbed yesterday late in the day for .48. Dumped it right at the beginning for a lot less than I could have sold for but still got out at 1.48.

I then jumped back in at the second big dip today around $302ish for 1.32, set a trail stop like you y'all have taught and somehow got stopped at $1.31. Trail was at .10 which I'm okay with losing the $10 per contract. I chased that stop up to a mark of 1.42 on the green candle at the bottom of the dip to hit a trail stop at 1.32. The next red candle was where I was stopped. Very small loss for shot at glory.

Some lessons being learned over here though. Appreciate the education.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

I sold a $305c I grabbed yesterday late in the day for .48. Dumped it right at the beginning for a lot less than I could have sold for but still got out at 1.48.

I then jumped back in at the second big dip today around $302ish for 1.32, set a trail stop like you y'all have taught and somehow got stopped at $1.31. Trail was at .10 which I'm okay with losing the $10 per contract. I chased that stop up to a mark of 1.42 on the green candle at the bottom of the dip to hit a trail stop at 1.32. The next red candle was where I was stopped. Very small loss for shot at glory.

Some lessons being learned over here though. Appreciate the education.
you have to be careful with trails because everyone does them. When the price stalls or pulls back, there is a sudden huge reaction of calls being dumped. If I'm in something super volatile, I will set a tight trail, but it often comes back to bite me just like you're describing.

Something I do is when I get into something and it moves solidly into profit, say 20% profit, I'll set a stop at 10% profit and just let the thing ride.
Spoony Love
AG
I have noticed that I get stopped on some volatile stocks with a trail before I can even see what has happened. That's when it moves up. It's almost like I need to let it breathe before setting a stop.

On the other hand, I have learned to pick up some calls below the market because other fools like me set a trail stop they didn't mean to get caught with. If it doesn't hit for a few minutes, I cancel and move on to the next entry point I see.

I dare say this is getting fun.
Cookiemonster64
30K, you taking the L or taking the shares on those puts?

I followed on selling the 46 strike, but my plan was to take the shares and sell CCs ATM. Premiums still looked pretty good when I checked yesterday evening.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Cookiemonster64 said:

30K, you taking the L or taking the shares on those puts?

I followed on selling the 46 strike, but my plan was to take the shares and sell CCs ATM. Premiums still looked pretty good when I checked yesterday evening.
I will take the shares. No sense taking the L when 1) the company is quality and 2) I can recover basis through covered calls.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Spoony Love said:

I have noticed that I get stopped on some volatile stocks with a trail before I can even see what has happened. That's when it moves up. It's almost like I need to let it breathe before setting a stop.

On the other hand, I have learned to pick up some calls below the market because other fools like me set a trail stop they didn't mean to get caught with. If it doesn't hit for a few minutes, I cancel and move on to the next entry point I see.

I dare say this is getting fun.
It's hard. My advice is to try to play a bit smaller and give these room.

I was playing 200 contract on AFRM today. There's some pucker factor if those things move $1.
mazag08
AG
DNN

We have strong resistance just overhead at $1.80. I expect a small bounce off and then break through on second try. Next resistance is right at $2.00. Then $2.20.
OutlawAG04
INDP 170 million in volume?!
Triple_Bagger
$30,000 Millionaire said:

jwhitlock3 said:

SAVA do I spy an RDR??
I think SAVA needs a catalyst for a reversal. There are shares available to short, which there weren't any yesterday. Todays move may just be shorts covering. 12-month data should be released any day now. CEO Remi said on Monday that the data was being analyzed by a 3rd party to ensure accuracy (no more multi billion dollar mistakes).
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think it was just shorts covering. Hopefully we'll see a move upwards preceding the findings release if some good news is leaked.

Also this month we are supposed to have WWRs feasibility study released, right? If so that would be great to have those within a couple of weeks of each other. Those two are my biggest bags at the moment.
Maedan86
AG
Double_Bagger said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

jwhitlock3 said:

SAVA do I spy an RDR??
I think SAVA needs a catalyst for a reversal. There are shares available to short, which there weren't any yesterday. Todays move may just be shorts covering. 12-month data should be released any day now. CEO Remi said on Monday that the data was being analyzed by a 3rd party to ensure accuracy (no more multi billion dollar mistakes).
What's an RDR? I follow this board a lot, but unfortunately I only comprehend about half of it!
McInnis 03
AG
"Red dog reversal" coined by Scott Redler, his nickname is red dog.

This is where on a downtrending stock, it breaks a low but reclaims it and proceeds higher. Opposite on an uptrending.

Ie: downtrending stock previous day low was 100. Next day stock trades at 98 in the morning but closes at 102. This indicates the weakness was overcome and possibly reversed. You could take a position using 100 as your stop.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BlueTaze
Is anyone concerned about US debt getting downgraded next month and that triggering a massive sell off?

Last time S&P downgraded from AAA to AA+ was back in 2011 when debt to GDP was 80%. Now it's 130%. Not to get political, but I dont see a sudden fiscal responsibility bill hitting floor anytime soon.
GTIAG09
AG
Any thoughts on PLTR? Looks like it broke out of the ascending triangle of $26.8(ish) today. Would love to see it confirm tomorrow. Also like that all of the ema's are in the proper order. Still somewhat new to charting, so Would love to get others insight on the chart as well
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$PLTR looks great, but it needs to clear $28 to really get going. It's been in a huge darvas box.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone riding the IRNT rocket?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I thought technically for a red dog reversal it had to open higher than the previous close, then go below the previous low, then get back above the previous close? Did I get that right?

For trading purposes you go long once it gets back above the previous day's close and your stop is at or near the previous day's low, right?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think there are a lot of reasons for concerns on a macro level. I'm not sure we'll see any of those have the changes we'd normally expect with Fed buying and trillions of money being pumped in. Everyone is trying to keep ahead of inflation so I don't know that you'll see massive amounts of pulling out of the market. At least not until mid-terms.
irish pete ag06
AG
A somewhat quick update for you fellas. Mom is seeming to be about the same which is not bad, but still no major progress. The care from the hospital has been less than stellar but last night took the cake. The nurse put the bipap on mom and left... my sister was there with her and knew something wasn't right. My mom started to turn purple. My sister ran out of the room screaming something's not right and they all ran back in. The nurse had forgot to plug in the freaking bipap machine. My mom's o2 was at 29 when they got it plugged in and thankfully it was back in the 90s in just a minute.

This morning she was also diagnosed with a small pneumothorax (collapsed lung).

Please don't only pray for my mom. Pray for the hospital staff. They are overwhelmed and these types of lapses have been all too common. A few nights before this one of the nurses didn't get the bipap mask on properly and my mom was struggling to get oxygen for nearly 3-4 hours. It's been a struggle... all of it.

Also, I now am COVID positive as well. Did a home test yesterday and a free walgreens test today. Both positive. I had only missed 1 football practice in my entire career when my oldest was born. That ends this week. I will also miss the game Friday. Luckily we have a bye week next week so it will be the only game I miss. I never thought I would ever miss a game. I can go back to school on September 24 or if I can test negative before that. Back in the day I would have worked through something like this, no problem (right now symptoms are just mild fever and a cough). But we had a coach spend time in ICU last year with COVID and my desk is right beside his so there was no choice.

We have a travel trailer so I've turned it into my quarantine cabin. Was able to trade ROKU for a quick 8% gain on my account today, so that was nice.
irish pete ag06
AG
And now for some analysis. I've been trading UPS calls a couple of times lately. UPS seems primed to make a pretty large move. It had an inside day today and the week has been an inside week as well.

Unusual whales shows a ton of call activity on the October 195s. IF, it manages to make a major move there is some pretty awesome gap potential on either side, but especially to the downside! Look at that gap in the volume shelf if it loses $187.81. It's definitely on my watch list.
First Page Last Page
Page 4463 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.