Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,878 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by I bleed maroon
Brewmaster
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

BREwmaster said:

non stonk Q for those in real estate (especially if you own multiple properties).

Are you all selling this crazy real estate rip? I don't know if blow off tops exist in real estate, but it certainly feels like one!

Our neighbors just sold their house for something crazy like 75% over what they paid for it 7 years ago (when it was new). It is very tempting to sell and sit on the cash for a bit and wait and see. I think the spending of our politicians is going to catch up soon.
Way behind and working to catch up. On page 4453.

Trying to get the family estate sold. Couple farms and commercial property. Interviewing real estate agents. So far, the "named" agents are low balling the property value, maybe to buy for themselves or do a favor for someone else to buy. Based on the prices of sold properties within an 8 mile radius, there is no doubt I am receiving bad info. I bring up the comps to help these professionals out and all of a sudden they go neutral. Pretty disappointing but there are many more realtors to interview. With all that being said I think it's time to strike while the iron is hot, especially in TX. I'm a palms-out seller. (In our area from the 70's to April 2020 farm ground saw minimal to zero appreciation. From May 2020 to present its been to the moon and beyond) I'll reinvest the proceeds I receive in the land, but likely will re-invest in KS, MS or SD.

BTW, if anyone has a direct contact into TESLA real estate department for charging station property potential drop me a note at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. It's harder and more difficult to reach "a person" in Tesla then the company I retired from and that's saying a lot.
thanks brother for the reply! This is pretty much spot on with what I've been thinking. Best of luck with your real estate endeavors!
McInnis 03
AG
TWTR took off on some crazy activity, and has now pulled back a full pivot point, may be worth a remount here shortly.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Brewmaster
AG
AgEng06 said:

Damn, missed the run up on GMVD.
likewise, paper hands here bailed yesterday.
wanderer
SPY trying hard (and failing) to break out of the 'bear zone' on the 1m.
McInnis 03
AG
And this is where it gets tricky, because ES is nowhere near the bear reversal zone.....yet those zones were calculated and designed for the futures contracts, so despite SPY mirroring ES in ETF manner, the triggers become really different.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

I want to believe Stewie, I want to believe. But.....I just don't know.

IWM breaking out of initial balance now.......could be the beginning. Could take a spot and have 221.17 as your stop (high of initial balance)

B&I Key:
Saltyag15
AG
Not sure if any of y'all are still buried in the old OA play ENG, but it's in blastoff mode.
AgEng06
AG
Saltyag15 said:

Not sure if any of y'all are still buried in the old OA play ENG, but it's in blastoff mode.
Here. Gonna need a lot more blastoff though to get rid of these bags.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
TSLA on the move. It needs to settle down here at $750 so some of my 745/750/755 flies can sell for 3x.
trip98
AG
Saltyag15 said:

I am ... Not net free but cost is down a good bit from premiums. But then again, sold another CC just the other day for December.... And NOW we rocket!
Bob Knights Paper Hands
AgEng06 said:

Saltyag15 said:

Here. Gonna need a lot more blastoff though to get rid of these bags.

What was the ENG play?
wanderer
Now /ES is in the zone.

I went with 0DTE SPY 446 calls when I posted that I just unloaded for 30%.
wanderer
wanderer said:

Now /ES is in the zone.

I went with 0DTE SPY 446 calls when I posted that I just unloaded for 30%.
Whenever I read this I can't help but hear this in my head.
bmoochie
AG
$GM broke intraday wedge and busting out close to OA Target exit
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
About to start throwing these knives back!
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

TWTR took off on some crazy activity, and has now pulled back a full pivot point, may be worth a remount here shortly.
Anatomy of a trade:
$TWTR

1) Spotted exaggerated fintwit mentions with TWTR, took a look
2) option flow on OCT calls went ballistic, so did the equity
3) watched equity for pullback to S/R, decided to jump early on entry
4) entered 61c for $.69 ea (nice)
5) continued to hold believing in the setup, lowest value was $.63 whilst holding
6) set a limit roll order to sell the 61c and buy the 63c for $.70 credit.
7) executed on a small runup and now I hold 63c lottos to manage.

B&I Key:
Saltyag15
AG
Really interested in what SPY does the rest of the day. It's had these intra-day surges over the last week or so early in the day, only to fall throughout the afternoon and finish even or down. Will today break the trend?
McInnis 03
AG
ES is consolidating right at the Bears last stand...........I don't know yet, but I think I'd lean more to testing yesterdays high of 4480 than the 4425 low.

B&I Key:
mazag08
AG
I bought October $72.50 GILD calls yesterday when it was sitting at the bottom of its channel. I've sold chunks at three different times today and gone net free plus some.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

ES is consolidating right at the Bears last stand...........I don't know yet, but I think I'd lean more to testing yesterdays high of 4480 than the 4425 low.

How about we stay and consolidate at 4470 through mid day tomorrow and then go up from there? That good for you?
Jet Black
Folks still holding SDC?
Aggie_2463
AG
Jet Black said:

Folks still holding SDC?
I bought some shares at $5.12. I'm holding for now, mainly because I'm holding the bag on some other shares I bought in $7 range lol
McInnis 03
AG
Anatomy of a trade that wasn't:
Futures, ES Contract.....(but Opening Range Trades carry to ALL equities)

Opening range is defined as the high, and the low set by a security during first 30min of trading (for me it's 30 min).

If the security breaks the ORH or ORL after that period, it's a sign of where the market wants to go.

1) ORH set at about 4447, ORL 4427.5....everything in between (YELLOW) is the "Initial Balance"
2) ORH break just after the 30 min period, go long, set stop, likely get stopped.
3) ORH break about an hour later, go long, set stop, likely get stopped, but maybe not?
4) ORH break AGAIN 30 min later, go long, set stop. You now have a winning trade to manage.

B&I Key:
Aggie1391
Anyone looking at PENN? Went from 65 to 85 and right back down to model T of 75 in about 4 weeks.
Brewmaster
AG
Tomas Hermensa said:

McInnis 03 said:

How about we stay and consolidate at 4470 through mid day tomorrow and then go up from there? That good for you?

Max pain baby! I have no idea what strike it is, but it would make sense for opex week
zag213004
AG
Anyone on this goalpost trade Oldarmy1 posted ($OPAD) and what the target is?
mazag08
AG
I'm calling it.. 4465 SPX at market close. Tomorrow opens red down to 4430 and then reverses and we go up until 4600 sometime in October.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
mazag08 said:

I'm calling it.. 4465 SPX at market close. Tomorrow opens red down to 4430 and then reverses and we go up until 4600 sometime in October.

Let me make sure I understand you correctly.
Tomorrow opens red and closes green?
Friday opens green and closes green?
Then green into October?

I'm thinking Friday opens red and closes red. I'm probably wrong..
But,...I think Sep 20th going forward is green to the year end.
Engine10
AG
Engine10 said:

Watching $DAR for a breakout - average targets have them at $97 or so. Plant in Norco is underway for restart and expansion should be online by end of this year. Sitting in Jan '22 $75s that went ITM.

Nice day so far, give me one more continuation day through $79 and let's get off to the races!
TriumphForks
AG
CIDM making a solid push here. Believe this is one of the MA stocks from awhile ago.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Anything can happen, but I think the sheer amount of options expiring this week keeps the SPX from any massive moves. I think we start up on Sunday evening.
CheladaAg
AG
Saw OA's posts on some energy plays. Anyone else looking at any naty gas plays, ETFs i.e. UNG,BOIL etc?
mazag08
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

mazag08 said:

Let me make sure I understand you correctly.
Tomorrow opens red and closes green?
Friday opens green and closes green?
Then green into October?

I'm thinking Friday opens red and closes red. I'm probably wrong..
But,...I think Sep 20th going forward is green to the year end.
I was definitely thinking tomorrow is Friday.

I see that SPX broke above then ending diagonal channel it had been in this week after it closed a lower gap this morning. On the 5 minute chart it touched off the 610 EMA. My thought process was that it would test down again and use the top of the channel as support while letting the smaller EMA's catch up before ripping up impulsively, allowing all EMA's to cross back above the 610.

But I might have been too bearish with how long it would take before breaking upward. Who knows.
McInnis 03
AG
This is the kind of tip you print and post on your wall to remember.

B&I Key:
bone.
AG
i got in at $10.40 the day OA tweeted it. don't know what the target is but the premium on the Oct15c are juiced so sold some $12.5 and $15 today. will be more than happy if they get exercised...
First Page Last Page
Page 4462 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.