Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,078,874 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 11 hrs ago by El_duderino
Jet Black
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BTBT? Anything?
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone playing SPY puts with expiration on 9/17? Had some limit orders in place but never got filled today. Is this the month things give back?
FTAG 2000
AG
Howabout those Woody's Pivots on $SAVA today.

And that green line is model T for kicks. Red lines are the Finboaccis.

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Is this the month things give back?

Stonks only go up
SF2004
AG
How accurate do you think those probabilities are on option trades?
Brewmaster
AG
$30,000 Millionaire said:

yes, you would risk $5K or 200 contracts.

Your maximum gain would be $95,000. All of that said, it is priced the way it is because that is very unlikely to happen and has a 95% chance of not working out. I think risking 0.5% of your account on that type of trade and just planning to either hold until the bitter end or flip it on any strength is a decent lotto trade.

I want to say again that based on the price action, this is extremely unlikely. However, if there is any type of catalyst, there probably isn't a better lotto trade.

thanks 30k and others for the clarification! still learning here, especially on put credit spreads.
FJ43
BaylorSpineGuy said:

Anyone playing SPY puts with expiration on 9/17? Had some limit orders in place but never got filled today. Is this the month things give back?

I've just been taking them weekly and in and out as trades. Trading against the trend or more directly anticipating what should occur has been challenging recently. I still believe a pullback is imminent but when is the question.

For me anyway I really want a VIX crush further into low 15s maybe mid 15s to buy VXX/VIX calls out 2-3 weeks.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Bob Knights Paper Hands
BREwmaster said:

and if I want to be a true degnerate, just straight up buy the Nov. 10C's, trading at just .10.

Would it shock anyone if I told you I've been trying to fill the Nov$7.50 calls for $0.05?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

I took 1/4 of my TSLA profits from today and bought 725/730/735 and 735/740/745 flies for this Friday. My name's Tomas and I'm an addict.
So we're pinning 735?

TSLA touched 730 at the end of the day and immediately bounced to 735.7
BaylorSpineGuy
Then I must not have bought any stonks haha.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I mean collectively. The ones you and i buy go down!
GTIAG09
AG
AG 2000' said:

Would anyone mind sharing the woody's pivot setup for ToS again? I would love to add it to my lineup. Thanks in advance!
wanderer
At the end of the day, you could just buy the 11/19 $5c for .25. It's the same break-even point but with unlimited upside.

Plus, it'd be easier to get filled and to liquidate since it's not a spread.
BaylorSpineGuy
I was following the trend going back to May in the SPY. Every time it has pulled back (looks like OPEX week), it has advanced between 20-23 points before going back down 10-12 points, basically sawtoothing its way through the 400s.

Bottom of the last pull back was about 438.xx and so this trend, if it keeps, should take us close to 460-461 before pulling back to 450 or so.
Brewmaster
AG
wanderer said:

At the end of the day, you could just buy the 11/19 $5c for .25. It's the same break-even point but with unlimited upside.

Plus, it'd be easier to get filled and to liquidate since it's not a spread.
yep, ding ding, winner winner here. I'm over complicating things. and November calls on WWR are so dang cheap. Maybe I'll compete with Tomas for the 7.50's, lol.
BaylorSpineGuy
Anyone in CRSR or play options there? Looks like $1M of puts were sold yesterday. Getting tons of WSB and Twitter chatter.
irish pete ag06
AG
AG 2000' said:

From the looks of my watchlist and portfolio, the rotation into small caps is definitely under way.
94 stocks under $1
303 stocks under $2

I'll never forget in early February when we were at the small cap high that there was only like 2 stocks under $1. I will using this as a data point to know when to take some profits on some of my small cap holdings.
ProgN
That's all well and good, but more importantly, how's Momma doing?

ETA: my son and I include her in every prayer.
agdaddy04
AG
irish pete ag06 said:

AG 2000' said:

From the looks of my watchlist and portfolio, the rotation into small caps is definitely under way.
94 stocks under $1
303 stocks under $2

I'll never forget in early February when we were at the small cap high that there was only like 2 stocks under $1. I will using this as a data point to know when to take some profits on some of my small cap holdings.

Still trying to recover from this.
FTAG 2000
AG
GTIAG09 said:

AG 2000' said:

Would anyone mind sharing the woody's pivot setup for ToS again? I would love to add it to my lineup. Thanks in advance!
I can't get to my setup right now but Woody's Pivots is a core study in ToS, just search for it.

I have the Fibonacci's on there too, can't remember if that's a core study or added. I will look in the morning. I changed the 50% Fib to be a green line instead of red to denote the model T as discussed here.

And the squiggly purple lines are Bollinger Bands at +/- 2.0, McInnis mentioned having those in conjunction with Woody's pivots to eyeball the size of the moves in relation to the pivots.
FJ43

Mornun!

As Redler says - "Green arrows around the world".

Looking at a few stocks sure feels like a rotation into small caps is occurring.

Good for this board as I know we all went gang busters on them not that long ago.

Let's see if the bulls defend yesterday's mid points or whether or not we see yet more ATHs.

VIX gets into the mid 15s and may be VXX / VIX call time for me out a few weeks.

Trade wisely!

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Crwd pt raises errwhere this morning!
gougler08
AG
The great meltup continues
Engine10
AG
It's happening again, I'm getting that "I'm pretty good at this" feeling. Must be time to tighten the belt and watch my exposure level.

Saltyag15
AG
NIO is down pretty good pre-market. Citing lowered Q3 estimates due to supply shortages. Primarily chips. What's new...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Negative job numbers. Bullish.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
gougler08
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Negative job numbers. Bullish.
Just what JPOWELL needs and he's leading the conga line like the energizer bunny.

Now, can't wait for the first Fed comments today.
Red Red Wine
AG
Read an article stating ADP numbers are not in-sync with US Labor Dept figures and surprise surprise.

Last month ADP had about 330K while the US LD reported over 700K added to the payrolls. So, let's see what the "non-political" Labor Dept will report on Friday.
Engine10
AG
Saltyag15 said:

NIO is down pretty good pre-market. Citing lowered Q3 estimates due to supply shortages. Primarily chips. What's new...

I'm guessing a long $NVDA/short $[auto mfr] pairs trade would have been smokin this quarter but have no correlation data to back it up, chip shortage kinda new phenomenon
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I'm still swing trading AMD and like the near-term upside barring a macro event. I don't know if my Sept call spreads are going to get there, but I think this one at least bumps $120 again soon.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Any decent sized pullback and I'll load up on WWR Feb $5 or $7.5 calls. Risk/reward there could be outstanding.
FTAG 2000
AG
GTIAG09 said:

AG 2000' said:

Here you go -

https://tos.mx/7KzNC0I
mazag08
AG
I have a daily scalp setup for PYPL if anyone wants to join. But we need to see a couple things happen first.

1. $291.40. It's close here before the open, but we need it to hit and bounce off. Above $292.20 and we scrap this whole idea.

2. If it bounces there, then we are looking for between $289.75 and $290.30. Lower than $289.75 and I start to not like the setup. Break below $288.60 and we scrap this idea.

3. If it bounces back up from there, then we tee up our calls. We are looking for it to break resistance that was set in the first step. The second it breaks through we execute. I'm thinking Sep 3 $295's. You can also do the $292.50's if you want to risk more. We don't set a stop, but if it breaks back below our level from Step 1 that we just cleared, we sell at market. A manual stop if you will.

4. As it goes up, we are looking for $292.95. Once it hits that, you either take all profits, or you sell a chunk. The next move could last longer than today theoretically, so anything you leave on the table is risky.

5. It it turns down from there, we have resistance at $291.35 and then at $290.35. Break through both of those and you better not have any calls left as this whole thing invalidates.

6. Bounce off one of these (or a spot between them), and we have runway to $294.50. Max gain is up to $295.50, but I would take my profits sooner.

Remember, we HAVE to see steps 1 and 2 take place for this to even become a possible trade.
mazag08
AG
mazag08 said:

I have a daily scalp setup for PYPL if anyone wants to join. But we need to see a couple things happen first.

1. $291.40. It's close here before the open, but we need it to hit and bounce off. Above $292.20 and we scrap this whole idea.

2. If it bounces there, then we are looking for between $289.75 and $290.30. Lower than $289.75 and I start to not like the setup. Break below $288.60 and we scrap this idea.

3. If it bounces back up from there, then we tee up our calls. We are looking for it to break resistance that was set in the first step. The second it breaks through we execute. I'm thinking Sep 3 $295's. You can also do the $292.50's if you want to risk more. We don't set a stop, but if it breaks back below our level from Step 1 that we just cleared, we sell at market. A manual stop if you will.

4. As it goes up, we are looking for $292.95. Once it hits that, you either take all profits, or you sell a chunk. The next move could last longer than today theoretically, so anything you leave on the table is risky.

5. It it turns down from there, we have resistance at $291.35 and then at $290.35. Break through both of those and you better not have any calls left as this whole thing invalidates.

6. Bounce off one of these (or a spot between them), and we have runway to $294.50. Max gain is up to $295.50, but I would take my profits sooner.

Remember, we HAVE to see steps 1 and 2 take place for this to even become a possible trade.
Steps 1 & 2 just happened. Can't go below the opening bell low.
First Page Last Page
Page 4416 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.