Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,605 Views | 231663 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by EnronAg
ProgN
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Ok, this is bad ass.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
cisgenderedAggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Yes that's a bit confusing. Did he get back in puts after a run up or at different strikes? Also is OA really Dave South?

OA definitely has some Dave South characteristics.
he would probably think of that as a compliment. Dave South is a great guy. Announcing skills could be better.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

We could spend hours debating the merits and dangers of options. They are not for the unskilled. My concern for many on this board is that they only understand long calls and long puts, which work in a trending market. In a neutral market, you have to understand collars, iron condors, calendars, butterflies, back ratios, etc.

All of that said, it's pretty hard to lose selling covered calls (you may give up upside), and it's pretty hard to lose selling puts in a stock you are willing to buy anyway at current prices.
I've grown to love leaps as well. If I like the chart and the company leaps can be a pretty profitable trade or angle into a position with plenty of time to monitor. If the thing rockets I can trade them or exercise the shares. If it doesn't then decay doesn't kill me.
I'm going to come out of hibernation and say, pin these two posts. I really don't like this market right now, overall, not just the equities side, but all of it. That's another discussion that I won't bore you with.

What is posted above needs to be digested, researched and practiced (without real money) before novices or small-medium level traders decide to fire up the propane torch and get out the dollar bills.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
be light on your feet today! To quote the croissant, be like water. Be prepared to flip your bias on a moment's notice. And if you were short, for the love of God, take profits.

This looks like BTD.
FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

FJ43 said:

We could spend hours debating the merits and dangers of options. They are not for the unskilled. My concern for many on this board is that they only understand long calls and long puts, which work in a trending market. In a neutral market, you have to understand collars, iron condors, calendars, butterflies, back ratios, etc.

All of that said, it's pretty hard to lose selling covered calls (you may give up upside), and it's pretty hard to lose selling puts in a stock you are willing to buy anyway at current prices.
I've grown to love leaps as well. If I like the chart and the company leaps can be a pretty profitable trade or angle into a position with plenty of time to monitor. If the thing rockets I can trade them or exercise the shares. If it doesn't then decay doesn't kill me.
I'm going to come out of hibernation and say, pin these two posts. I really don't like this market right now, overall, not just the equities side, but all of it. That's another discussion that I won't bore you with.

What is posted above needs to be digested, researched and practiced (without real money) before novices or small-medium level traders decide to fire up the propane torch and get out the dollar bills.

Welcome back bro!
Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

SPX view.....

Great chart...looks like maybe we recover some before afternoon rug pull to complete the pullback
BrokeAssAggie
"BTD"?

never mind "buy the dip" - still drinking my coffee.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
gig em 02 said:

NRD09 said:

Have you not gotten the Amazon Christmas catalog? Dead serious, have gotten them the last 2 years i think

That's impressive to be on Amazon's million dollar buyer list, nice humble brag

I got 3 kids, we buy a lot of stuff. I know a dude who (at least used to) get a leather bound cabelas catalog. The best I've done was the big catalog with paper cover, printed to look like leather
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
hope all is well, bro.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Ok, this is bad ass.
Now that is crazy! Looks like too much fun.
Thanks FJ!

Just got over Covid this week in time to fly to Vegas today!

It is. Been working in the background with a couple VC guys on some seed stage cos.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
big gap down in DOCU. Keep an eye on that.
McInnis 03
AG

be light on your feet today! To quote the croissant, be like water. Be prepared to flip your bias on a moment's notice. And if you were short, for the love of God, take profits.

This looks like BTD.
Watching these indices gap fills. Oveernight inventory is SHORTTTTTTTTT. Any little runup will squeeze the fill
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
we are at -1 ATR on /ES, flirted with -2. I'll be surprised if we go past 4325 today on the downside.
McInnis 03
AG
Scalped spy calls. I'm done for the day.
McInnis 03
AG
McInnis 03 said:

This looks like BTD.
Watching these indices gap fills. Oveernight inventory is SHORTTTTTTTTT. Any little runup will squeeze the fill
30K gets a kiss on the mouth.
Brewmaster
AG
jj9000 said:

cisgenderedAggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Yes that's a bit confusing. Did he get back in puts after a run up or at different strikes? Also is OA really Dave South?

HE IS AN IRON CONDOR!!
HE IS AN IRON CONDOR!!
HE GOT AN IRON CONDOR!!
FIFY, lol
ProgN
McInnis 03 said:

McInnis 03 said:

This looks like BTD.
30K gets a kiss on the mouth.
Another successful TexAgs hookup.
FTAG 2000
AG
NNOX news -

https://investors.nanox.vision/node/7031/html

Quote:

On August 12, 2021, NANO-X IMAGING LTD (the "Company") received a request for additional information from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (the "FDA") concerning the Company's last 510(k) submission of its multi-source device, Nanox.ARC. The submission file is placed on hold pending a complete response to the FDA's list of deficiencies. The Company's response is due within 180 days from the date of the request for additional information.

The Company plans to respond by the due date which is 180 days from the date of the request for additional information. The Company expects to continue to optimize and develop further features of Nanox.ARC and is considering submitting an additional 510(k) application for the next version of multi-source Nanox.ARC during the fourth quarter of 2021, which will benefit from the FDA's feedback on the first version of the multi-source Nanox.ARC.
BrokeAssAggie
Add a few FB 9/17 $355 calls on this dip
BenRev09
AG
Gap fade in play here on SPY?
McInnis 03
AG
BenRev09 said:

Overnight gap filled
J.P. 03
AG
BenRev09 said:

I'm still a novice who sucks at charting, but I drew 439.75ish as the Model T from yesterday's high to the premarket low. Will be watching that level carefully to see if we bounce off it or break through. If we bounce, I'll pick up some Puts.
McInnis 03
AG
3100+ BABA leaps on Jan23 170c. These are $33 each
wanderer
I have 439.56 for that scenario and we've almost touched it over the last 5ish minutes.

Edit: annnnd we just blew right through it
gigemJTH12
AG
damn...RIP EGOC
FTAG 2000
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

damn...RIP EGOC
What did I miss on this? I saw an update from them that basically states they are waiting on the SEC. Is there some other news?
gigemJTH12
AG
no idea but its dropped about 50% in the last couple days
FTAG 2000
AG
Going to take a run at a lotto call - TIGR. Earnings before the market opens tomorrow.

Currently the $15 8/20Cs are going for .08. Sitting at -2 ATR on the daily as well.

mazag08
AG
Here's what I see happening.. the first part easier to measure than the rest, but gonna give it a try anyway.

We should have already bottomed "for today" at SPX 4367. We will then have an upward correction to the 4420 to 4440 range, followed by another drop to the 4330 range. This could happen by the end of the tomorrow or early next week.

Then, we will have another corrective rally to between the same 4420 and 4440 range and possibly even up to previous highs before resuming back downward for the bottom of this drop to between 4175 and 4270.

Lots can change, and this can be WAY choppier than what I outlined. But that's my basic attempt at outlining this Wave 4 down.

After that, we rally hard in a 5th wave to between 4700 and 4900 by the end of the year or early next year. Then you can get ready for the late February / early March 300-500 point drop.
BrokeAssAggie
CrazyRichAggie said:

Add a few FB 9/17 $355 calls on this dip
SBM
zag213004
AG
mazag08 said:

Here's what I see happening.. the first part easier to measure than the rest, but gonna give it a try anyway.

We should have already bottomed "for today" at SPX 4367. We will then have an upward correction to the 4420 to 4440 range, followed by another drop to the 4330 range. This could happen by the end of the tomorrow or early next week.

Then, we will have another corrective rally to between the same 4420 and 4440 range and possibly even up to previous highs before resuming back downward for the bottom of this drop to between 4175 and 4270.

Lots can change, and this can be WAY choppier than what I outlined. But that's my basic attempt at outlining this Wave 4 down.

After that, we rally hard in a 5th wave to between 4700 and 4900 by the end of the year or early next year. Then you can get ready for the late February / early March 300-500 point drop.

You mentioned VEON yesterday that you had some ideas on what it is doing. I'm in calls for VEON and am curious as to it's recent volitility up then down and whether or not we will see it resume it's darvas box, break up, or break down
irish pete ag06
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

FJ43 said:

I'll add that I'm nearly to 1 calendar year learning and trading options.

It's been extremely hit or miss as you can imagine. I've been all over the map... here's my scattershooting thoughts.

Weeklies are only for people that are absolute laser precise professionals. These can absolutely murder an account.

Learning multi-leg options are a must like mentioned above. Especially if you have a small account like mine and want to play things with big premium...

TIME TIME TIME TIME is your friend. I cannot tell you how many option plays I've come up with on my own that would have worked out if I had picked an expiration 3-6 months out. Another thing this will make you do when learning is watch premium and how it's affected by moves day to day.

Take this with a grain of salt because I am still very much a rookie, but these are just my observations.
cisgenderedAggie

cisgenderedAggie said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

he would probably think of that as a compliment. Dave South is a great guy. Announcing skills could be better.

Definitely a compliment.
First Page Last Page
Page 4368 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.