Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,048,809 Views | 231657 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by Cru
McInnis 03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
McInnis 03 said:

So I think WISH is the next meme. Look at the volume on options today.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
TheCellarDoor
AG
You told us, then Redler and Stewie confirmed. It's on tomorrow!
spud1910
AG
tam2002 said:

CLOV is going to be very interesting today

POTD it seems!
khkman22
AG
RigsTx said:

Help me with this.

Initial investment $11,500 for shares (10,000 shares at $1.15/share)

Sell covered calls Jan 22 $1 at .60 on all for $6,000 (100 contracts)

If called out earn an additional $10,000 (10,000 shares at $1/share)

Total earnings $16,000

$16,000-$11,500 = $4,500 profit

$4,500/$11,500 = 39.13% gain.

I for the life of me can not get to the 52% net profit if called out number. Am I missing something?
Yeah, his return is off. The 52% is the premium in relation to the stock buy. 39% is correct. Still slightly better than a 6 month CD.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
The way I see it is your initial investment is $5500 since you buy the shares and sell the calls. If you got called out that's $10,000 gross versus $5500 net investment, so 82% net gain. I may be thinking about that wrong.
frankm01
jwhitlock3 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Ags2013 said:

Prognightmare said:

Looks like buying/covering still going on in CLOV right now after hours. This thing might hit $30 tomorrow morning.
Yup, closed my position at around 21. Should've sold my cost basis but didn't assuming the squeeze was over and it would drop back down drastically.

Anyways, it'll probably go to $100 now that I'm out of it.

I know. I know. I'm happy I profited lol

At least you're not watch a covered call go to a negative 100 bagger.

Is there a support group for the "I sold someone a 15 bagger"?? Asking for a friend...

Yes, there is a support group.
Peter Klaven
AG
I'm in the same boat, sold that CLOV CC a couple days too early.....but its fun to look at the huge red number and think "I don't need to fret about unrealized losses, this is just on paper!"
BrokeAssAggie
hudmoon said:

Everyone in O&G right now

I'm hoping for a nice windfall of cash in the next 12 months. Will have a lot more money to play with trading stonks too
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Anyone in their 60's in oil and gas has failed to follow through on this at least twice. Otherwise they wouldn't be working.
OutlawAG04
Tomas Hermensa said:

The way I see it is your initial investment is $5500 since you buy the shares and sell the calls. If you got called out that's $10,000 gross versus $5500 net investment, so 82% net gain. I may be thinking about that wrong.

Taking the same logic to the $1.5 or $2 calls isn't a bad investment either if you don't mind holding shares at a higher net basis for larger potential upside. I have been working naked puts and lightly treading on covered calls with this one.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Yep that's the tradeoff. More risk with that higher net cost but more upside. You could also do a little of each designed to limit volatility of your trade but target a certain return, like having a 2:1 reward versus risked capital or a set ROI.
Peter Klaven
AG
I really like naked puts on SNDL. I sold a bunch of JAN 22 $1P for .48 a few weeks back when stock was around $1. 48% profit or an entry at .52 sounds like a good situation to me!
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Is WISH doing the same thing CLOV did yesterday in after hours?!

I tried to tell y'all

grabbed a lotto call on it when the SP was around 9.60's today, still holding
BrokeAssAggie
Tomas Hermensa said:

Anyone in their 60's in oil and gas has failed to follow through on this at least twice. Otherwise they wouldn't be working.

I'm still in my 30s and have lots of friends to help invest wisely. My hope is to be doing full time trading in the next 5 years.
McInnis 03
AG
TheCellarDoor said:

You told us, then Redler and Stewie confirmed. It's on tomorrow!

I may have seen the social sentiment before coming here
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
aggies4life
AG
Was anyone in the real clover winner today?

$clovw
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

irish pete ag06 said:

Is WISH doing the same thing CLOV did yesterday in after hours?!

I tried to tell y'all

I made money off calls earlier and got in with shares in early post market!
wanderer
I have naked 8/20 CLOV $15 puts that I sold awhile back. (Unfortunely for only 4.80). At one point these were very red and as of today I can buy them back at a slight profit (3.80). I really thought I'd be able to buy them back cheap today, but inflated premiums arent helping.

Is there anything that I'm not thinking of to take advantage of the spike that doesn't include just sitting on them for the next 2 months or buying back for a small profit?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
If it gaps up again you could watch the option chain closely for the first 20 minutes. You might be able to roll it back in for cheap so that your cash isn't stranded as long.
I bleed maroon
AG
aggies4life said:

Was anyone in the real clover winner today?

$clovw
Yep - sold 60% of my left for dead holdings, and now I'm riding with the rest.
McInnis 03
AG
Buy a dirty cheap $5p or $7p with same expiry to create a vertical that lessens your buying power hit? If it starts to tank you could sell that for profit.

B&I Key:
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Swollen Thumb said:

ag94whoop said:

I screwed myself yesterday on CLOV by selling so many covered calls against my share literally right before the runup and totally didnt anticipate the level it ran. I bought back the calls and lost a lot of potential profit but frankly was able to take a profit on over half my shares.

Now with the remaining shares, I am trying to get a feel for the direction of the market as a whole and the direction of CLOV specifically before I decide to sell more CCs or just exit the position and be done with it. This run came several weeks earlier than I ever thought and with my mistakes, I lost out of a really large day of profit. I am happy with some profit of course, but want to be smarter next time around.

Take this gift as an opportunity to reduce your position and actually book profit which will lower your basis on remaining shares if you plan to hold long term. It could run to $30...or it could go back to $11-$12. But you have been very vocal about how stressed out your position in CLOV has made you over the past few months, so now is the time correct that.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
McInnis 03 said:

Buy a dirty cheap $5p or $7p with same expiry to create a vertical that lessens your buying power hit? If it starts to tank you could sell that for profit.

Yes creating a vertical is a great idea. Might even find a $9-13 put with oddly low prices or could put in some low-ball buy orders in low volume strikes in hopes of getting lucky from someone else's mistake to sell market
wanderer
Ahh nice, I knew I could count on the thread for some creative thinking.

I doubt I'll do this on all the puts, but may try it for a portion. Thanks McFly
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Damn, that's really smart.
ProgN
Morning FJ

CLOV still popping.
Red Rover
AG
Lol, came here to post mornin Prog, mornin FJ. Late by a minute.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

Morning FJ

CLOV still popping.
Morning Prog! You win!

$25.58 early here. Who knows what they will do with this thing.

FJ43

Morning All...

And your morning snapshot......

Don't know where today will go but feels rippy. I'll be watching for more shaking the tree I think but if Qs can move, especially the big guys could be a fun rest of the week.

Let's see if SPY can get a new ATH. 424 anyone?
Qs over 337 close and to 339 would be great if it can make it there.

Next week quad witch.

For me today...I would like GOOGL to 2430, MSFT to 257, NIO to 45.63 and Fruit to 129.60. A guy can dream right?

Trade wisely!
Red Rover
AG
$CLOV I have decided to sell 200 shares premarket. If this keeps popping I should be able to net close to $2.50 from selling $35 calls and buying $15 puts for next week. Buying that for all but 100 shares will get me net free. Then I can hope I get called out and keep the 100 as a runner.
Red Rover
AG
This week feels like the last gasp of exuberance. Probably get chop next week and then who knows.
FJ43
Red Rover said:

This week feels like the last gasp of exuberance. Probably get chop next week and then who knows.
Next week will be choppy IMO.
ProgN
is it 6 or 7 am when the RHders get to start premarket trading?
ProgN
Red Rover said:

Lol, came here to post mornin Prog, mornin FJ. Late by a minute.
Had to get up to pee, getting old sucks, and now I'm wide awake. Gym opens at 4 so I'll get my lift in early today.
First Page Last Page
Page 3986 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.