Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,973 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 6 min ago by I bleed maroon
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
ag94whoop said:

Ccutamu said:

sts7049 said:

ag94whoop said:

I screwed myself yesterday on CLOV by selling so many covered calls against my share literally right before the runup and totally didnt anticipate the level it ran. I bought back the calls and lost a lot of potential profit but frankly was able to take a profit on over half my shares.

Now with the remaining shares, I am trying to get a feel for the direction of the market as a whole and the direction of CLOV specifically before I decide to sell more CCs or just exit the position and be done with it. This run came several weeks earlier than I ever thought and with my mistakes, I lost out of a really large day of profit. I am happy with some profit of course, but want to be smarter next time around.

if i were you, i would watch for the apparent end of the next price spike (it seems to be percolating again upward as we speak) and then i would sell some 6/18 35s (they have those strikes now it seems) for as much as you can. the B/A right now is 1.80/2.80. sell em on all your remaining shares.

if you get called out at 35, i bet you will be happy moving on and use all this as a learning experience. if not, you reduced your cost basis further and you still have shares.

I'm only seeing June calls out to $22. What platform are you on?
Yeah I can only get $22 for June
ok, maybe it hasn't refreshed on your platform yet i dunno.

in any case, it's trending up again so i wouldn't take any action yet. as OA said earlier on, i would not sell any calls past june because there is plenty of premium to be had for calls expiring in 2 weeks.
sts7049
AG
just to show i'm not lying

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Maybe a stupid question here, but is there ever any reason you wouldn't want to sell your highest priced shares, other than not getting hit with short term capital gains taxes?
Maximus_Meridius
AG
BREwmaster said:

ATR experts, what do you set duration to? 10 or 14 days? I'm in tradingview, also not seeing negative numbers, just 0 on up. Will keep messing with it.

I'm looking to compare RIOT, MARA and probably MSTR. Thinking put spreads.
30k is the expert, but I use 21 days and I'm pretty sure that's what he uses as well.
Ccutamu
MAW_7563 said:

Be sure you select the option for ALL strike prices vice just the ones near the money. That messed with me when I first started.
Yeah, I did. There just aren't any strikes past 22
Ccutamu
Clov going for 22 again

Damn... I jinxed it.
E
AG
FJ43 said:

E said:

Those that are good at looking at charts is the resistance on DOGE at .30? Looks like it's hit it a few times and bounced off of it
Bear flag. IMO wouldn't touch.

Thank you sir!
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Bought SPY 422C
1.83 entry

Will cut quick if doesn't get through resistance.
Out on this...$2.15

Will reenter possibly.
RenoAg
CLOV ain't over til ag94whoop says it's over? LOL. Bananas market. It may well bounce to $30 today. Not that I would keep holding anything other than a runner if I were him. Kudos to all yall that kept your shares til this week. I know I am probably in the minority here on my impression of the long term future prospects of this company. Glad yall got rescued by it becoming a meme stock.
Jet Black
Challenger 17 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1847-goedeker-host-investor-conference-130000895.html

1847 Goedeker Inc. (NYSE American: GOED, GOED WS) ("Goedekers" or the "Company"), the largest pure-play online retailer of household appliances in the US, today announced that it will host a conference call and audio webcast on Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 4:30 p.m. ET to discuss and answer questions related to its acquisition of Appliances Connection, which closed on June 2, 2021, and

1847 Goedeker Inc. is an industry leading e-commerce destination for appliances, furniture, and home goods. Through its June 2021 acquisition of Appliances Connection, Goedekers created the largest pure-play online retailer of household appliances in the US. With warehouse fulfilment centers in the Northeast and Midwest, as well as showrooms in Brooklyn, New York, and St. Louis, Missouri, Goedekers is a respected nationwide omnichannel retailer that offers one-stop shopping for national and global brands. Goedekers and Appliances Connection carry many household name-brands, including Bosch, Cafe, Frigidaire Pro, Whirlpool, LG, and Samsung, and also carries many major luxury appliance brands such as Miele, Thermador, La Cornue, Dacor, Ilve, Wolf, Jenn-Air, Viking among others and sells furniture, fitness equipment, plumbing fixtures, televisions, outdoor appliances, and patio furniture, as well as commercial appliances for builder and business clients. Learn more at www.Goedekers.com.

I'm in.
FJ43
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

Bought SPY 422C
1.83 entry

Will cut quick if doesn't get through resistance.
Out on this...$2.15

Will reenter possibly.
Back in 2.04
Swollen Thumb
AG
ag94whoop said:

I screwed myself yesterday on CLOV by selling so many covered calls against my share literally right before the runup and totally didnt anticipate the level it ran. I bought back the calls and lost a lot of potential profit but frankly was able to take a profit on over half my shares.

Now with the remaining shares, I am trying to get a feel for the direction of the market as a whole and the direction of CLOV specifically before I decide to sell more CCs or just exit the position and be done with it. This run came several weeks earlier than I ever thought and with my mistakes, I lost out of a really large day of profit. I am happy with some profit of course, but want to be smarter next time around.

Take this gift as an opportunity to reduce your position and actually book profit which will lower your basis on remaining shares if you plan to hold long term. It could run to $30...or it could go back to $11-$12. But you have been very vocal about how stressed out your position in CLOV has made you over the past few months, so now is the time correct that.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Has oa1 posted a charity link recently?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Also, let's do goco next
ag94whoop
AG
Swollen Thumb said:

ag94whoop said:

Take this gift as an opportunity to reduce your position and actually book profit which will lower your basis on remaining shares if you plan to hold long term. It could run to $30...or it could go back to $11-$12. But you have been very vocal about how stressed out your position in CLOV has made you over the past few months, so now is the time correct that.

Thanks! Been doing exactly that. I reduced remaining position from 2200 to 1000 shares. Then sold call on 500 shares @ $5.20 for next week at $22 strike.
Holding 500 shares to see what happens the next few days. Have a Day limit sell set at $23 in case it surges and I am not looking
FJ43
ag94whoop said:

Swollen Thumb said:

ag94whoop said:

Thanks! Been doing exactly that. I reduced remaining position from 2200 to 1000 shares. Then sold call on 500 shares @ $5.20 for next week at $22 strike.
Holding 500 shares to see what happens the next few days. Have a Day limit sell set at $23 in case it surges and I am not looking
Great job!
clinto
What is this chart pattern called, the bird? Lol
Diggity
AG
tlepoC said:

awful lot of pumpin'
no kidding.

Shades of HoustonAggie and his ABML lovefest.

Sea Speed
AG
Whatever happened to that huckster Barnes.
ag94whoop
AG
I still have $130k or so of straight stocks (CLOV, TLRY, WWR, FUBO, SNDL mainly) in that Chase/JPM Self Directed (formerly YouInvest) account and it isnt super friendly to trade. As I have closed positions in it I place the proceeds into my TDA account and I much prefer trading with it.

Using that TDA account, I am learning to trade options (just singles for now) and starting small...trying to learn how to read and scale properly. I am learning that I like options and so I will likely get more into that as I go.
I am hoping to begin to learn verticals and other option strategies as I go.
McInnis 03
AG
clinto said:

What is this chart pattern called, the bird? Lol

Bullish unicorn!!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Diggity
AG
birds of a feather
Sea Speed
AG
Diggity said:

birds of a feather

I still thibk it was Barnes as hoiston aggie. Either way, did houstonaggie ever come back?
tailgatetimer10
AG
I read on the stock. I like it. But the pumping, especially attempting to redirect people from CLOV while it is rocketing, has made me sit on the sidelines for now.
irish pete ag06
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Careful, while you rolled, you really increased your cost basis on that call. Buying it back now would cost you more than had you just let things play out. You may look at a positive P/L now, but that's because the bar moved. You may think about holding and burning premium more.

EDIT: I just re read that and it's confusing as all hell.

Lets see if I can do this.

EX:
Buy 100 shares of SNDL at $.80
Sell $1 call for $.12
SNDL then runs to say, $1.20
Said $1c is now $.25
I roll out 2 weeks, same $1c and get additional $.02 but my call is now $.27
SNDL pulls back, said $1 call drops to $.16
----IF I BUY BACK NOW, MY P/L SAYS I GAINED $.11 BUT REALLY I LOST $.02.
----I took in .12 and .02 for a total of .14 in my realized pocket, but buying back at $.16 means I lost .02 on this transaction. You have to let the play....play out.

I'm letting my CLOV $20 JUN CC's play out. My thought is this. I want to be in CLOV for the long run, but I'll just sit on the cash and wait for the pull back down. The market rotates, and one of the biggest things I've learned in these last 6 months for long term investing, is that you want to buy buying the sector that's been rotated out of and selling the sector that's rotated into.

I may be a little early, but I'm going to start looking at value stocks that take a beating during this sector rotation.
Diggity
AG
Sea Speed said:

Diggity said:

birds of a feather

I still thibk it was Barnes as hoiston aggie. Either way, did houstonaggie ever come back?
not under that screen name.
FJ43
FJ43

pumping....
FJ43
FJ43 said:

Bought SPCE 40c - LOTTO size
1.21 entry
Added a few to this one at .83
FJ43
Not in it but thinking I might take a lotto

Red Pear Luke (BCS)
Sponsor
AG
FJ43 said:

Switch the H and the T and you can spell All Time High.
FJ43
Red Pear Luke said:

FJ43 said:

Switch the H and the T and you can spell All Time High.
I bought a few lottos at .65. Just for fun....

Crazy chart on volume.

cageybee77
AG
Also close to A$SHT
frankm01
ag94whoop said:

Swollen Thumb said:

ag94whoop said:

Glad to hear things are getting on track for you now. Its been a rough patch for sure. Keep it up.
First Page Last Page
Page 3982 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.