Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,055,983 Views | 231697 Replies | Last: 12 min ago by Brian Earl Spilner
sts7049
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ok Challenger. I just took a position and sent the stock up easily doing so. Let's see if it comes down the 8 cents I pressed it or not. I'll study it further but wish it had options.
what you meant to say was, challenge accepted!
austinAG90
AG
Tuesday Macros.

Internet Outage Gives Treasuries a Boost... But Technical Bank Buyer Endures

A brief Internet outage where some of the most used websites in the world, (Amazon, NY Times and others) were down to a technical glitch... This caused a brief spike in risk off, which sent treasuries lower in yield at 6 am... But the momentum was already there... Even though Janet Yellen's comment over the weekend about having higher treasury yields would be a good thing, that sentiment does not seem to be lasting... We can see bank buying is very strong as banks are reaching for treasuries due to technical glitches in the short end... But for now it looks like the upper bound may be pierced... June and July are considered low volatility months with low gamma needs... So we will not fight it for now... Even with a very strong CPI number coming on Thursday we don't see the ECB (on Thursday as well) or the Fed 8 days from now, are going to change their tactical dovish mantra... Powell has his foot on the gas, but not full throttle... If Kaplan were running things, as well as four other governors, the brake would be lightly applied... So where does this leave us?

Range bound for treasuries but looking more like the bank buying will blow us through the lower end...10 years are 1.54... 1.52 will be resistance and 1.47 after that... Reality will set in at 1.47 with 120 billion of treasuries auctioned at significantly negative real rates....5 years will probably break the .78 level today (.772)... But has resistance at .72...no sense getting in front of the buyers until they are satiated with debt... Now to corporates.

Fed started their selling of Bond ETF paper program yesterday... It had no effect on spreads... But the more interesting news was that on Monday, one day, corporate treasurers issued as much debt as was expected for the entire week.. GS and BAC issued 9.5 billion between them, two of the smartest treasurers out there, which added to the total of 23 billion being priced... Most experts expected between 20-25 on the week... Treasurers are smart... They know higher rates and wider spreads are coming, so they will get in front of that as the going continues to be good.. Heck even Junk issuers came to market with 3 billion yesterday... But funny, ytd as of yesterday, corporate issuance is only 743 billion issued, down 33% compared to last year...

Equities... Don't like them, but don't see a catalyst to stop them from rallying further.. The inverse correlation between 10 year yields and the Nasdaq continues to be paramount... Lower yields lead to higher Nasdaq levels... Between risk parity and the view that Nasdaq is made up of long duration related stocks... And you have a fairly correlated move... That will reverse... But not soon enough, so go with it. However, expect to see some attacks on cyber security given that the FBI was able to grab over half of the Colonial Pipeline ransom proceeds.

No reason to make this longer... The trend and the range are intact and the Central Banks remain dovish... It would take a pretty high CPI number above expectations to get markets off sides...
djmeen95
AG
oldarmy1 said:

Ok Challenger. I just took a position and sent the stock up easily doing so. Let's see if it comes down the 8 cents I pressed it or not. I'll study it further but wish it had options.

Glad I bought a few more shares before OA did this morning.

McInnis 03
AG
Serious note here:

It's been said, but I'm going to say it again because it bears repeating. IF YOU ARE LOADED UP TOO MUCH ON SNDL, OR CLOV, OR ANY OTHER RUNNER RIGHT NOW.......consider paring your position.

This doesn't mean you have to close it, but if you've been in a hole and now you're up. TAKE A GAIN. PAY YOURSELF. GET SOME PROFIT. This is a gift that you MUST utilize to make you better.

YOU CAN LEAVE A RUNNER. Don't let yourself watch this come and go and then get back to where you were. I've done that. I'VE DONE THAT. Don't let that be you.

TAKE. YOUR. GAINS.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
NQ LET'S FG.

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
hudmoon said:

Took profits! Named her the "net free"! OA1 you and your dad have an open invitation to a trip on Baffin

"Net Free" deserves a bump, love the name!
austinAG90
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Serious note here:

It's been said, but I'm going to say it again because it bears repeating. IF YOU ARE LOADED UP TOO MUCH ON SNDL, OR CLOV, OR ANY OTHER RUNNER RIGHT NOW.......consider paring your position.

This doesn't mean you have to close it, but if you've been in a hole and now you're up. TAKE A GAIN. PAY YOURSELF. GET SOME PROFIT. This is a gift that you MUST utilize to make you better.

YOU CAN LEAVE A RUNNER. Don't let yourself watch this come and go and then get back to where you were. I've done that. I'VE DONE THAT. Don't let that be you.

TAKE. YOUR. GAINS.
Great great advice and I know many on here should follow this....Many being sitting on CLOV for quite a while but....Mass Accum works....Now don't throw it all into GOED just yet.....
LOYAL AG
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Serious note here:

TAKE. YOUR. GAINS.

Disappointed in you McInnis. I read this fully expecting a reply to this post telling everyone that diamond handing these runs is a perfectly acceptable style of trading.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
FbgTxAg
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Serious note here:

TAKE. YOUR. GAINS.
Where's the other guy?
FJ43
Brewmaster
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Serious note here:

TAKE. YOUR. GAINS.
^ this x eleventy billion. Go net free plus some profit in these names. A June pullback will give us a nice entry on these.
McKinney Ag69
AG
Lots of insider buying on GOED before a conference tomorrow discussing the acquisition of Appliances Connection. The largest online seller of household appliances and furniture.
DeangeloVickers
AG
BREwmaster said:

hudmoon said:

Took profits! Named her the "net free"! OA1 you and your dad have an open invitation to a trip on Baffin

"Net Free" deserves a bump, love the name!
McInnis 03
FJ43
Many of the weekly options plays I posted yesterday were way up yesterday or should be on this open if it holds. I kept portions of positions after scaling into today and runners on a few.

Please trade to your risk levels and take gains as you want or feel comfortable.

For me...the discipline I am trying to get better at is to not let a winner turn into a loser hoping for more. SR levels matter.

FJ43

DNN at $1.49 $1.50
Michael Cera Palin
AG
Went 100% cash in May taking some nice profits. Profit is profit. But this included dumping my CLOV. Been too busy with work to keep up with things so I've been sitting out ever since.

Here's me watching y'all this week, everyone have fun:

jimbo9821
AG
still lots to learn. so looking for thoughts...

Yesterday I sold 6/18 $15 CC on 100% of my CLOV shares. I am 100% OK with letting them go at this price. Given this am run up... Id like to take profits and move to next trade.

1-Do you just wait and see if they get called out?
2-Roll some to July $17?
3-Buy back the contracts and sell immediately, given the math shakes out?
Brewmaster
AG
MSTR, MARA or RIOT puts? Tic is talking about MSTR crashing since they own so much bitcoin and bitcoin is currently bear flagging. When we get our early summer pullback any of these 3 (puts) could pay bigly.

what say you all?
McInnis 03
AG
If you want to try and keep any shares, you could roll a couple calls out and up this morning when the premium goes *POP*

Honestly, I'd let it play out and give them time. CLOV will pull back before expiration IMO

B&I Key:
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

If you want to try and keep any shares, you could roll a couple calls out and up this morning when the premium goes *POP*

Honestly, I'd let it play out and give them time. CLOV will pull back before expiration IMO
Probably at MT
austinAG90
AG
I have the 1st El Pescador Cat by the way. Great boats. I will PM you...
Ags2013
AG
HOLY CLOV GO!
AgCPA95
AG
Ags2013 said:

HOLY CLOV GO!
Lordy....
tramaro1
AG
Ags2013 said:

HOLY CLOV GO!

My $20 cc sold yesterday at $0.45 are worth $6 always have great timing selling cc
McInnis 03
AG
Stopped on ES, but watching now at 4226 area, buyers need to show out here.

NQ leading the way.

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
OH **** PLTR >$25

B&I Key:
McKinney Ag69
AG
5M volume in first 30 seconds for GOED.
gigemJTH12
AG
just realized the 52W high on that thing is almost $18.
Ranger222
AG
Out most things this morning -- took profit on all FSLY calls, all AAPL weeklies I bought at close. Still holding BA but may take quick profit at low % return.

Great day!
McKinney Ag69
AG
Challenger 17 said:

5M volume in first 30 seconds for GOED.

Yes. They had an offering at 1.79 to raise capital to pay of debts and acquire Appliances Connection, the largest online seller of appliances and furniture in the country. This thing has potential to hit 50+ like it's competitors, Lovesack, overstock, and Wayfair.
gigemJTH12
AG
is $WWR trying to do something today?
gougler08
AG
Was able to roll CLOV covered calls from 16 to 22 (June 18 expiration for both) at net neutral. Thanks IV
Ags2013
AG
wanderer
The inflated premium on CLOV is making my sold puts not look as good as I was expecting/hoping.
First Page Last Page
Page 3977 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.