Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,052,991 Views | 231676 Replies | Last: 20 min ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

Here is something to watch for on $ENZC. It's risky but its pattern in recent days has mirrored its last run pretty closely. If it runs to .33-.34 tomorrow it could be due for a run to .80+ in the coming days after.

As with any penny, its a risky play so proceed with caution. Just something to consider.
You're back!
FJ43

Here is something to watch for on $ENZC. It's risky but its pattern in recent days has mirrored its last run pretty closely. If it runs to .33-.34 tomorrow it could be due for a run to .80+ in the coming days after.

As with any penny, its a risky play so proceed with caution. Just something to consider.
Ummmmm.....

I think we may have missed the move.

Edit: My daily shows that way but the hourly is at $0.29. Maybe its a sign.
McInnis 03
AG
Clov 13

This feels like one of those ones that gets all covered up after hours and in the overnights then pulls back right before the open
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Spaceship
AG
FJ43 said:

Ummmmm.....

I'm in at a .17 basis. It closed at .29 today.
FJ43
Spaceship said:

FJ43 said:

Ummmmm.....

I'm in at a .17 basis. It closed at .29 today.
Sheesh missed that one. I'll try and pick up a little next to the EGOCs of the world tomorrow.
Madmarttigan
AG
CLOV a key level around 13.15-13.20 I've had drawn for a while. After that if momentum continues the chart is green skies until 15 magnet and 16-17 previous highs.
Carlo4
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Read it slow and in Morgan Freeman's voice and you'll really enjoy this update.

Bob Knights Paper Hands
Carlo4 said:

McInnis 03 said:

I have the weirdest boner right now.
Ukraine Gas Expert
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Over the past month $VEON has a divergence in OBV and Accumulation/Distribution. The A/D has been down a bit, but relatively stable, while the OBV is down to January levels. In January A/D was in the negatives. What does that mean, either specifically for $VEON or in general?

FJ43
Tomas Hermensa said:

Over the past month $VEON has a divergence in OBV and Accumulation/Distribution. What does that mean, either specifically for $VEON or in general?

I've never spent much time with this so had to just google it real quick.

Hmmmm.....

OBV falls when volume on down days is stronger. A rising OBV reflects positive volume pressure that can lead to higher prices. Conversely, falling OBV reflects negative volume pressure that can foreshadow lower prices.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

Tomas Hermensa said:

Over the past month $VEON has a divergence in OBV and Accumulation/Distribution. What does that mean, either specifically for $VEON or in general?

I've never spent much time with this so had to just google it real quick.

Hmmmm.....

OBV falls when volume on down days is stronger. A rising OBV reflects positive volume pressure that can lead to higher prices. Conversely, falling OBV reflects negative volume pressure that can foreshadow lower prices.
Does that show that while there is some overall selling (A/D moving down a bit), we see the big price drops happen on big volume days and a bunch of little green days keep holding the price up (since price and A/D are stable)?
McInnis 03
AG
Carlo4 said:

McInnis 03 said:

But then my puts wont get assigned
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BlueTaze
Is XERS on anyone's radar for a low float short squeeze?
spud1910
AG
ibdm98 said:

Okay all you trading degenerates - hopefully you're reading this still riding the high of seeing that big GREEN number sitting next to your CLOV shares today (and up over 5% AH as I type this).

After coordinating with FJ, we are going to hold the official Blocking & Tackling Zoom Call this Thursday, June 10th at 5pm Central Time. I will be posting the Zoom link at 4ish pm that same afternoon so mark your calendars and check back here for the link around that time.

The purpose of the meeting will be to share basic techniques of trading including identifying support/resistance, trend lines, volume profiles, etc. I know that FJ43 and 30K plan to present what works for them during the meeting but all are welcome to present if you'd like to share what works for you with the group. If you'd like to share something, please PM me so I can add you to the list. I'd like to have a rough agenda of presenters so that we don't have any "dead" time waiting for someone to present something. If you respond to me, I'll add you to the list after FJ and 30K and call on you once they're done if we still have time left.

On that note, we didn't discuss a time length for the meeting but I'm going to go ahead and say we'll limit it to one hour to make sure we all can get home to our families afterwards. We can always schedule another one if this ends up being wildly popular.

NOTE - I have a Zoom Pro plan so I'm capped at 100 participants so that means first come first served once the link is posted. If you try to get in and cannot, it'll be due to the cap having already been met. If you've never used Zoom before (where the hell have you been the past 14 months), make sure you visit their site (zoom.us) and download the Zoom client (upper right Resources > Download Zoom Client) prior to Thursday as that will take a couple minutes to get set up before you can join the meeting.

Looking forward to this - see y'all Thursday.
Thanks 98!
spud1910
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

One, that zoom call would be awesome!

Two, what is the clov PT? I bought early in my trading career, too high of course, and never mass accumulated. Just curious on expectations. People calling for twenty seems high, for now, as there will be a pull back. I'm in at 12, and checking the waters on my clov bag.

Only four bags left after this one ..woo hoo!
It's been a while, but I believe OA put the PT for CLOV at roughly $30. But keep in mind he's playing this as a mass accumulation and work to net free strategy; meaning that time is on his side and it may be next year before that PT is hit.
Right. I have in my notes a PT for CLOV of $30 this year from Jan. 28th.
cageybee77
AG
Obv?
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Two indicators that attempt to show similar things, but are diverging here with VEON.
Quote:

On-balance volume (OBV) is a technical trading momentum indicator that uses volume flow to predict changes in stock price.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/onbalancevolume.asp

Quote:

The accumulation/distribution indicator (A/D) is a cumulative indicator that uses volume and price to assess whether a stock is being accumulated or distributed. The A/D measure seeks to identify divergences between the stock price and volume flow. This provides insight into how strong a trend is. If the price is rising but the indicator is falling it suggests that buying or accumulation volume may not be enough to support the price rise and a price decline could be forthcoming.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/a/accumulationdistribution.asp

cageybee77
AG
I need a tool to see that information - Fidelity's "active trader" app doesn't (or I can't figure out how it does. Thanks.
KY-AG 10
AG
Am I crazy for wanting to buy puts on MVIS? WSB cranking it up again. I've seen it enough to know it'll correct again...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
KY-AG 10 said:

Am I crazy for wanting to buy puts on MVIS? WSB cranking it up again. I've seen it enough to know it'll correct again...

One of these days they're gonna get gobbled up by one of the big boys and/or the details of the msft pentagon contract will come out, and the train will have left the station. If you believe the old saying about "children and fools" that'll probably happen while the wsb goofballs are buying 1dte 35 calls and your logic supported model t puts will expire worthless
ProgN
KY-AG 10 said:

Their LIDAR tech is top notch and helped MSFT get a multi-billion dollar govt contract iirc. WSB may be pumping it, but their tech is sound. Personally, I wouldn't try to time or gamble on a potential selloff.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Feels good to be on the same team as prog...
KY-AG 10
AG
Prognightmare said:

KY-AG 10 said:

Their LIDAR tech is top notch and helped MSFT get a multi-billion dollar govt contract iirc. WSB may be pumping it, but their tech is sound. Personally, I wouldn't try to time or gamble on a potential selloff.

Totally agree on the tech. I held long all the way through April when it spiked. Stop loss pulled me out near the high. Corrected to 13ish. Watched it consolidate a while. Thought I would go a bit lower. Then jumped again when I wasn't looking.
Having said all that, there's nothing I can find that backs this move in data. All just speculation from WSB. Which I've seen many times over last for about 3 to 5 days before the price corrects
Bob Knights Paper Hands
In your chart if you go to 'add an indicator' OBV and A/D are two of the choices in ATP. I put it on my 1yr daily chart since I'm trying to see longer term trends. It should help show strength of an uptrend or downtrend, but I'm pretty green with it.
ProgN
KY-AG 10 said:

Prognightmare said:

KY-AG 10 said:

Totally agree on the tech. I held long all the way through April when it spiked. Stop loss pulled me out near the high. Corrected to 13ish. Watched it consolidate a while. Thought I would go a bit lower. Then jumped again when I wasn't looking.
Having said all that, there's nothing I can find that backs this move in data. All just speculation from WSB. Which I've seen many times over last for about 3 to 5 days before the price corrects

Your approach is sound. Honestly I haven't done any in depth DD on it because I only trade it. That being said, from what I've read, their LIDAR tech is even better than TSLA's and if it's true, you don't want to short the stock outright. Puts may, or may not payoff, but with every idiot carmaker ramping up EV and self-driving, MVIS is so small it's a definite takeover possibility by several deep pocketed players. If you believe it will correct, then I suggest using puts instead of shorting it because you know what your max loss will be. JMO
KY-AG 10
AG
Prognightmare said:

KY-AG 10 said:

Prognightmare said:

KY-AG 10 said:

Your approach is sound. Honestly I haven't done any in depth DD on it because I only trade it. That being said, from what I've read, their LIDAR tech is even better than TSLA's and if it's true, you don't want to short the stock outright. Puts may, or may not payoff, but with every idiot carmaker ramping up EV and self-driving, MVIS is so small it's a definite takeover possibility by several deep pocketed players. If you believe it will correct, then I suggest using puts instead of shorting it because you know what your max loss will be. JMO

Not sure I could short even if I wanted to
The knock on MVIS is they've not truly come out with a gtm product for the EV market and it irritates some. The prototypes are far beyond competitors. No doubt. Rumors are MVIS isn't interested in the manufacturing of the device and looking for a TSLA MSFT et al to buy out but it's hard for me to gauge accuracy on that rumor.
My crystal ball says one of these days they'll either get bought out or land a contract with one or more car maker and that's when the market cap will explode.
Madmarttigan
AG
Praying to baby Jesus for a strong gap up on clov in the morning
ProgN
tv1113 said:

Praying to baby Jesus for a strong gap up on clov in the morning
I day traded it today, but based off the volume today, it should open up positive tomorrow.
Philip J Fry
AG
5 figure gain for me today. Didn't think that would happen for a long time.
khkman22
AG
Haven't looked at all dates and strikes on CLOV, but the ones I did glance at, the 8/20 30C seemed to be the best premium when factoring in date and strike price. If it opens over $12 tomorrow, I may try to sell covered calls for that strike. Had an order for $1.30 at the end of the day, but never got filled.

Of course, I also have in the back of my mind that WSB will turn it into the next AMC and it'll be at $100 once they get tired of AMC and GME.
spud1910
AG
khkman22 said:

Haven't looked at all dates and strikes on CLOV, but the ones I did glance at, the 8/20 30C seemed to be the best premium when factoring in date and strike price. If it opens over $12 tomorrow, I may try to sell covered calls for that strike. Had an order for $1.30 at the end of the day, but never got filled.

Of course, I also have in the back of my mind that WSB will turn it into the next AMC and it'll be at $100 once they get tired of AMC and GME.
We can only hope!
ibdm98
AG
FJ43 said:

ibdm98 said:

Okay all you trading degenerates - hopefully you're reading this still riding the high of seeing that big GREEN number sitting next to your CLOV shares today (and up over 5% AH as I type this).

After coordinating with FJ, we are going to hold the official Blocking & Tackling Zoom Call this Thursday, June 10th at 5pm Central Time. I will be posting the Zoom link at 4ish pm that same afternoon so mark your calendars and check back here for the link around that time.

The purpose of the meeting will be to share basic techniques of trading including identifying support/resistance, trend lines, volume profiles, etc. I know that FJ43 and 30K plan to present what works for them during the meeting but all are welcome to present if you'd like to share what works for you with the group. If you'd like to share something, please PM me so I can add you to the list. I'd like to have a rough agenda of presenters so that we don't have any "dead" time waiting for someone to present something. If you respond to me, I'll add you to the list after FJ and 30K and call on you once they're done if we still have time left.

On that note, we didn't discuss a time length for the meeting but I'm going to go ahead and say we'll limit it to one hour to make sure we all can get home to our families afterwards. We can always schedule another one if this ends up being wildly popular.

NOTE - I have a Zoom Pro plan so I'm capped at 100 participants so that means first come first served once the link is posted. If you try to get in and cannot, it'll be due to the cap having already been met. If you've never used Zoom before (where the hell have you been the past 14 months), make sure you visit their site (zoom.us) and download the Zoom client (upper right Resources > Download Zoom Client) prior to Thursday as that will take a couple minutes to get set up before you can join the meeting.

Looking forward to this - see y'all Thursday.
Hey ibdm98...

30k and I are good with recording it if you have a means to do that and distribute a link for everyone. We are only going to have voice and screen share (no webcam) so maybe that helps.

Edit: Probably should add the disclaimer it not be shared outside of this forum/TexAgs.

Since you two are good with it (and the main ones that will contribute) then I'll go ahead and record the meeting and provide a link to the recording on this thread after the fact.
Madmarttigan
AG
I just think a strong gap up to at least 13.50 solidifies retail interest, officially sets shorts towards the red, and will mean tomorrow is another nutty nutty day.
gougler08
AG
khkman22 said:

May want to do a July date then, gives you time to roll if needed
First Page Last Page
Page 3974 of 6620

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.