Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,076,204 Views | 231775 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by El_duderino
BrokeAssAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
This is worth a listen from big SAM..."if you a plastic surgeon and you have to step away for a boob job, your trade my lose 5K while you are doing the boob job"

Brewmaster
AG
FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

Was thinking about getting a WEBEX, Zoom or whatever call sometime for anyone who wants to share a screen or two and learn some quick charting fundamentals for identifying support, resistance, trend lines & volume. Potential breakouts and possible entry. Iron sharping iron sort of deal shared screens.

IMO support/resistance and trend lines must be mastered before much else. Nothing crazy with all the studies like MACD, SAR, RSI, Bollinger, etc. but those are all good as well.

Just basic blocking and tackling.

I'm in!
Agvet12
AG
FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

Was thinking about getting a WEBEX, Zoom or whatever call sometime for anyone who wants to share a screen or two and learn some quick charting fundamentals for identifying support, resistance, trend lines & volume. Potential breakouts and possible entry. Iron sharping iron sort of deal shared screens.

IMO support/resistance and trend lines must be mastered before much else. Nothing crazy with all the studies like MACD, SAR, RSI, Bollinger, etc. but those are all good as well.

In! More of a lurker than an active poster round these parts
trip98
AG
Is Not a Turtle said:

I am interested in contributing to/attending a charting session.

Also I have one of the copies of the Handbook of Technical Analysis from the group that I would like to pass on. Message me here and I will get it sent out.

Cheers!

I'd like to borrow it but can't pm
Please email me at
Trip
Dot
Franty
At sci-us
Dot com
trip98
AG
Profit is profit
Had sold ASO 45 JUNE CC for 1.05 a month ago....been watching and didn't buy back earlier like I should have. But did today and only made 20% on it
BUT I control my lone 100 shares now with earnings on Tuesday
Stock bounced around a little this week but still near ATH and even on down days the option went up so folks are clearly expecting more run up after earnings...hopefully that's people in the know and not just speculators
ProgN
trip98 said:

Profit is profit
Had sold ASO 45 but have. But did today and only made 20% on it

I love posts like this.

Before you became an active trader/investor and followed/controlled your money did you just plop it into a mutual fund? I'm not picking on you, but I love to watch people take control of their money, learn and use their knowledge and increase their money.

Honest question for anyone that just plopped money into mutual funds before you took control, wouldn't you be ecstatic if your mutual funds produced 20% YOY? However, you are disappointed that you "only" made 20% on a trade. I doubt you held that trade a year. Witnessing the growth of individuals on this thread is what is all about.

Knowledge is power and we all here, experienced or beginner, want the same for everyone. I love this thread.
Cartographer
Looks like someone beat you to it! Sorry!
trip98
AG
Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

Profit is profit

I love posts like this.

Before you became an active trader/investor and followed/controlled your money did you just plop it into a mutual fund? I'm not picking on you, but I love to watch people take control of their money, learn and use their knowledge and increase their money.

Honest question for anyone that just plopped money into mutual funds before you took control, wouldn't you be ecstatic if your mutual funds produced 20% YOY? However, you are disappointed that you "only" made 20% on a trade. I doubt you held that trade a year. Witnessing the growth of individuals on this thread is what is all about.

Knowledge is power and we all here, experienced or beginner, want the same for everyone. I love this thread.

I see where you're going and you're right! Prior to this thread I had mutual funds and only 4 or 5 conservative stocks I picked after research (dividend path plus growth such as abbvie that have done well). But my picks haven't returned 20% a year...abbvie is close bc I'm getting 8% in dividend a year but others nowhere near.

From this thread I learned sooooo much ..covered calls, even a BASIC understanding of charting, but size positioning, when to cut losses, and when to take profits!

This thread...this community is knowledge....knowledge is powerful!!
FbgTxAg
AG
Well why don't you powerful mofos send fruit to 150.

Thanks in advance!
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Lavender Gooms
AG
Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

Profit is profit

I love posts like this.

Yep, when I first graduated, I did the typical 401k option. Plopped it into the "aggressive" fund and was ecstatic for anything above 10% growth per year. Changed careers, forgot about the old 401k and finally rolled it into an IRA at the end of 2019. Just looked and my 1 year return is at 67%! Pretty much exclusively to the picks on this thread.

Also, grabbed 30 shares of TTD at your recommendation. Respect that you've also put skin in the game with the recommendation. I love this thread and the amazing group of traders we have here.
OutlawAG04
Prognightmare said:

trip98 said:

Profit is profit

I love posts like this.

100% on this. This board is very selfless and egos are left at the door. I think zoom meetings are a great way for all of us to learn and grow as a group. thank you FJ for bringing up that topic!

If I might offer one suggestion on zoom meetings... making it a routine meeting. if we do, it would open a lot of doors to talk through strategies on popular stocks on this thread, hedging, technical analysis, etc.

Can't say thank you enough to the guys that post so frequently on this board. Amazing group here!
spud1910
AG
FJ43 said:

Idea for everyone...

I would love to be a part.
agdaddy04
AG
That would be amazing.
Copa515
AG
I would love to be a part of that as well.

I also want to note, for anyone interested, Redler Report is free next week for first time subscribers. I enjoy listening to him on Instagram in the mornings.

Redler free trial
ProgN
G-7 nations reach historic deal on global tax reform

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/g-7-nations-reach-historic-deal-on-global-tax-reform.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard
FTAG 2000
AG
Prognightmare said:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/05/g-7-nations-reach-historic-deal-on-global-tax-reform.html?__source=iosappshare%7Ccom.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Future headline: In unrelated economic news, Amazon has announced prime memberships will be going up $15 per year.
LOYAL AG
AG
Prognightmare said:

First question is what nation is 8th and which corporations will have the balls to move there?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
FJ43
Prognightmare said:

This should work out well.
trip98
AG
If I'm running a corporation that is looking to finish the year just north of 10% in profit I'm spending just enough to get to 9.8%...... first thing I'll do is I'll give all employees fat bonuses to get to 10%.... Then I'll spend 1% advertising the hell out of said bonuses to give the govt a big middle finger daring them to come after me
FTAG 2000
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

First question is what nation is 8th and which corporations will have the balls to move there?

China not one of the signatories. Hate to be cynical about it but...
LOYAL AG
AG
AG 2000' said:

LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

China not one of the signatories. Hate to be cynical about it but...

I can't see that happening. The CCP requires party ownership in all China based companies, 51% IIRC. I'm not really sure another country is the means of avoidance but I am certain we'll see companies do something to avoid this tax. It's absurd to think otherwise.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
LOYAL AG
AG
Where do we see BTC and thus the miners going over the short term? We're in an interesting spot technically where it's being squeezed between the 8 and 200 EMA so it seems something has to give and probably in short order. I'm one that sees crypto as digital gold but I also think eventually we're going to see the worlds governments look to destroy it to maintain control over the global financial system. I just don't see the latter happening in the short term so right now I think it's a more technical trade than anything. Thoughts?

Brewmaster
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Where do we see BTC and thus the miners going over the short term? We're in an interesting spot technically where it's being squeezed between the 8 and 200 EMA so it seems something has to give and probably in short order. I'm one that sees crypto as digital gold but I also think eventually we're going to see the worlds governments look to destroy it to maintain control over the global financial system. I just don't see the latter happening in the short term so right now I think it's a more technical trade than anything. Thoughts?

in bold there is exactly what I think will play out and this year. No bitcoin to 100k this year, no free lunches or get rich quick schemes. I'm not long any crypto, I scalp it from time to time, that is it. The chinese I think will be #1 in trying to manipulate it. This June pullback the markets are about to experience will flush crypto too. I think we see bitcoin in the mid to high 20's.

disclaimer: I was bullish on crypto a while back, but after charting them and watching them for the past couple months, it seems apparent the chinese are manipulating the piss out of it. fwiw though, if they dump this month, I'll buy the dip and sell the rip or model T, short term trade.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
It's all bluster. It won't happen.
slacker00
AG
How does the giant candle on the 19 impact the rest of the chart? Basically, every day since then has been trading inside the high/low of that day.
Mr President Elect
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

I thought this is what Dubai was for?
LOYAL AG
AG
slacker00 said:

How does the giant candle on the 19 impact the rest of the chart? Basically, every day since then has been trading inside the high/low of that day.

That's a really good point. Easy to see a bearish flag since that day.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Just say when
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
trip98 said:

If I'm running a corporation that is looking to finish the year just north of 10% in profit I'm spending just enough to get to 9.8%...... first thing I'll do is I'll give all employees fat bonuses to get to 10%.... Then I'll spend 1% advertising the hell out of said bonuses to give the govt a big middle finger daring them to come after me

"with market countries awarded taxing rights on at least 20% of profit exceeding a 10% margin"
While profit sharing is cool, sounds like you have missed that it's a marginal tax rate...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
NRD09 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Here are the most recent times we've touched -2 ATR on the daily SPX and what has happened:

• May 12, 2021: TBD, time will tell
  • March 4, 2021: 100 point rally the next day and 250 points over the next 2 weeks
  • Jan 31, 2021: 100 point rally intraday, 300 points over the next 2 weeks
  • October 30, 2020: 400 points over the next 11 trading days
  • September 24, 2020: 450 points over the next 3 trading weeks

Could we go to -3 ATR right away, yes! Is it high probability to short here for huge return, no. Will we revert to the mean, yes!

June 4 427.5/430 spreads are .32 right now. I'll test your hypothesis!
Also still buying the snot out of crwd june 11 calls

Well it didn't work out, but at least i had fun!
BlueTaze
I know this is a TA thread, but does anyone use toggle? A fundamental alert tool. I heard Drunkenmiller pumping it as a great tool.
Post removed:
by user
McInnis 03
AG
BlueTaze said:

I know this is a TA thread, but does anyone use toggle? A fundamental alert tool. I heard Drunkenmiller pumping it as a great tool.

Seems like a free trial with no credit card is a good enough reason to try

https://toggle.ai/auth?sign-up-entry
AGSmith
AG
LOYAL AG said:

Prognightmare said:

Something, something .. new world order?
FJ43

Hola Amigos...

Blocking & Tackling Zoom Call

Appreciate the positive responses and sure seems like there is a lot of interest given the 40+ stars and responses. We have a diverse group of traders (new, mid level, experienced, pro, scalpers, swing, MA, long, combination of all, etc.) but some things remain the same for all of us.

Here are my thoughts for folks sharing their basic techniques for identifying:

• Support
  • Resistance
  • Trend Lines
  • Breakout Potential / Entry
  • Volume Profiles
  • EMAs - (Suggested addition)
  • ATR - (Suggested addition)
Just my 2 cents but I think for this one it may be best to keep it as simple as we can. I'd love for us to cover the basics of the list though. Its easy to be drinking through a firehose on this stuff with so many different 'tools' used for trading but as OA spent time with us on a few months back, a few key things are fundamental.

Pattern recognition could be an entire call by itself IMO. Maybe the next one we can cover pattern recognition then move onto MACD cross overs, SAR, RSI impacts, Bollinger Bands, etc. for those interested in those studies.

ibdm98 mentioned he would host a zoom screen share/call if broad interest so hope this response qualifies.

Sometime in the next 2 weeks I am good to go. For me anytime Mon-Thu is best but will make whatever works best for the team here. I am on EST.

I hope I can contribute something of value and am by far not an expert. I'm just a junkie for this stuff, love charting and looking forward to learning from the great traders on this thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 3964 of 6623

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.