Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,578 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
59 South
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I tried being a landlord for a couple of years, and it was a terrible experience even with a management company (PM me and I can provide more details if you're wondering how crazy things can go). Never again, but that's just me. I don't handle dealing with crazy people very well even if they are paying me money.

I know it can and does work well for a lot of people, but there are lots of variables to consider. It can be very lucrative but can also be a huge hassle. If you do it, I recommend being picky with your tenants.

Also consider the location. My rental was in Houston, and property taxes and insurance just kept going up on me while I was fixed on what was coming in.
FbgTxAg
AG
When leasing-out commercial property, there are two words to live by.

Triple. Net.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
stuff that came up in my scan:

• DNN
  • INTC
  • UNP
  • ABBV (you all have this already)
  • AMAT (I posted last week, still looks good)
  • ACN
  • IWM / RUT
  • ROST
  • HAS
  • IYR
  • RRC
  • VMW
  • GM

I'm going to look through these now.
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$INTC, this is gonna explode if the macros are positive. I want to get it on an 8 EMA touch (61.7). Cheap enough to buy shares, I will probably shoot for calls, though. Target 65+

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$UNP - someone has got to move all these natural resources and goods we're shipping. I want this at $211.50, but this may go up from here.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$FB - higher risk, so I would play smaller, but quite possible this launches up to 276 or higher again. I left the levels I drew last week, they worked OK. Pattern wise, this is a potential C&H forming. I would target 280 this time if it goes.

Bulldog73
AG
Zack Morris is back, but set to private. If you followed him before, you can still see his tweets. Amazing after a semi decentish week they he's back.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
/RUT looks great, but I am not buying here. It is too extended for me to get in, even though it probably keeps going.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I don't like $ROST chart. Just not a rock star setup
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Same thing with Hasbro
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$IYR, maybe too late to buy. I want this at $88 not at $91.
gougler08
AG
ABBV seems ready to go, running out of room in that wedge
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$RRC this looks great. I would love opinions on the company from the oil tycoons on this thread. I feel like buying shares and selling calls on this would be a pretty smart way to mass accrue.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
gougler08 said:

ABBV seems ready to go, running out of room in that wedge
more darvas box than wedge in my opinion. can you draw what you see?
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
don't sleep on $OSTK, cupcakes.
gougler08
AG
Crappy phone drawing but this is what I'm seeing

FJ43
$30,000 Millionaire said:

$RRC this looks great. I would love opinions on the company from the oil tycoons on this thread. I feel like buying shares and selling calls on this would be a pretty smart way to mass accrue.

Pretty cool where this is at (quick Fib tool). Right at MT from about 2 years ago and pausing. Back to $19 anyone? At least $17.75ish for cup completion?

ebdb_bnb
gougler08 said:

Crappy phone drawing but this is what I'm seeing

LOYAL AG
AG
Quick peek at DPW on a weekly. Lot of us felt like it was being left behind when EBON, RIOT, MARA, etc went nuts and that may be somewhat true but it certainly wasn't a bad week. DPW was up 23.8% last week so that's a good number. It's got some resistance at $4 but that aside it's primed for another good week particularly with BTC pushing $60K over the weekend. I like where on-balance volume is here, that tells me demand stayed high even with the pretty solid week last week.

We need to remember that BTC is the driver here. If you aren't tracking BTC and you're in DPW/EBON/RIOT/MARA then you're missing an important piece of the puzzle when managing your trade. I'm in DPW and RIOT right now and as a result I dedicate one of 12 charts to /BTC and one to /ES or $SP500 depending on the time of day. That three week retrace for DPW pretty strongly mirrors the retrace of BTC from $57K last month.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
kyledr04
AG
I'm interested in how people approach trading their retirement accounts vs a taxable account. I imagine most of us have significantly more money in a retirement account so more worried about losing it but also have time to grow.

The more I learn about trading the more I wonder about all the money that just sits in a buy and hold account. If nothing else, I could buy the same shares of an etf in a self directed plan and sell covered calls to generate more cash.
kyledr04
AG
Also about hedging those accounts.
BrokeAssAggie

$INTC, this is gonna explode if the macros are positive. I want to get it on an 8 EMA touch (61.7). Cheap enough to buy shares, I will probably shoot for calls, though. Target 65+

I have an alert set for $61.
Ornithopter
AG
I'd recommend tracking the difference between the 2 yr and 30yr and QQQ. Very high inverse correlation there the past couple of weeks.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
Headed for 81.50 then 88
LOYAL AG
AG
DubFalls said:

I'd recommend tracking the difference between the 2 yr and 30yr and QQQ. Very high inverse correlation there the past couple of weeks.
That's true for stocks that aren't BTC related but those that are BTC related care much more about that than they do anything else. RIOT was up 61.1% from Monday close and that was directly driven by BTC moving past $50K and up to ATH at $58K. Right now it's around $60K and if it builds from there those four stocks are going to run regardless of what treasuries do. Those four make their revenue mining BTC so what happens in tech and the overall market is far secondary to their particular business.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
I think the chip materials shortage will really help INTC by keeping AMD from pressing it's advantage right now. At some point you're willing to take any chips you can get, even if they aren't the top of the line.
ProgN

don't sleep on $OSTK, cupcakes.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Shapiro recommended to wait on beta stocks until this week gives us a direction. He pointed to a bit of a QQQ squeeze and cautioned before going in big on FAANG or other big betas until QQQ confirms at 320.

To me that does seem like a good strategy and I do need to work on my discipline a bit. Instead of speculating or paying more premium to push your call expiry dates out further, you wait for confirmation and then get in. Even though you're missing a bit of the early move price increase, you'll get the meat of it. I've already got quite a bit in FAANG right now, but may look to dump more into 3/19 or 3/26 calls for all 5 of them if QQQ confirms early this week. It is opex week and tech has been super volatile, so I may take profits or go net free on any of these weeklies quicker than I normally would.
Ornithopter
AG
That's fair, and I agree.
clinto
Guys I'm having a hard time finding info on what the model T is, I can usually google search and find these things but am having issues on this one. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
ProgN
Read page 1 of this thread
Bob Knights Paper Hands
clinto said:

Guys I'm having a hard time finding info on what the model T is, I can usually google search and find these things but am having issues on this one. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
50% retracement after a move up or down. But yes, definitely read the first post of this thread.
clinto
Thanks!
agdaddy04
AG
Motley Fool pumping up $SKLZ now.
FJ43

SPY Scalping

Thought I would provide y'all a recreation (best I could) of Friday on SPY scalps. I tried to capture the mentality of the system anyway. This is just what I am doing and my approach and I'll continue to refine daily.

Lots of notes so please forgive me for trying to cram a bunch for y'all into one day. Easier to trade this than record it.. Other than the 1str and last trade of day all were round trips intraday.

Couple notes/thoughts:

• Green = Winning trade buys/exits
  • Blue = Open Buys
  • Light Blue = Missed Opportunities
  • Red = Losing trade entry/exits
  • Captured both winning & losing trades for entry/exit.
  • Could have multiple additional profitable trades both directions
  • Intraday 'micro' identified levels possibly should be 'watched' not necessarily 'acted' upon.
  • Stick to levels and don't try and capture every cent of premium.
  • Options premiums move quick..... in both directions.
  • I let (try) support/resistance determine entry/exit not % or $.

First Page Last Page
Page 3503 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.