Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,032,894 Views | 231624 Replies | Last: 17 min ago by Happygilmore20
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tsuag10 said:

Please forgive my ignorance here. Can you give me a generic example of scalping SPY?

It is same day trades.

You buy a call (or share) when the share price hits the support level on a downward trend and price bottoms at that level. Buy once reverses. You sell that call when it goes back up and bumps or is rejected at the next resistance level.

Same for a put but reverse. Buy the put when it is at the top approaching the resistance level and rejects. Sell when it is approaching support and is rejected reversing upward again.

This is an over simplification though and more details on levels and entry/exit disciplines must be applied.

Scalp is basically in and out fairly quick. Could be seconds, minutes, hour, etc but typically pretty short time span.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Mostly Foggy Recollection
PLTR about to change its ticker to BIGRC
Touchless
AG
wanderer said:

wanderer said:

Put on AAPL 120/121/122 flys this morning when someone alluded to the volume at those strikes. Looking pretty
Sold all for .75.......BUT for some reason one didn't sell. Should be interesting to see if I get assigned.
Pinned that one pretty damn well.
tsuag10
AG
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Thanks for the explanation.
irish pete ag06
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I'll do one for free bourbon.

In
Post removed:
by user
Engine10
AG
oh hell yeah
HoustonAg2014
AG
Jet Black said:

What does that mean?! He left to consult for a company that Fubo Owns?
Jet Black
Aggiesincebirth said:

Jet Black said:

That's what it sounds like.
wanderer
Touchless said:

wanderer said:

wanderer said:

Put on AAPL 120/121/122 flys this morning when someone alluded to the volume at those strikes. Looking pretty
Sold all for .75.......BUT for some reason one didn't sell. Should be interesting to see if I get assigned.
Pinned that one pretty damn well.

Blind squirrel.....

The odd thing is that even though it closed at 121.04, 1 of my flys didn't sell for .75 and I never saw the bid/ask get above .80 even at the very last second. I'm a little confused why it was never closer to the max price especially with a very liquid ticker such as AAPL.
oldarmy1
AG
cptthunder said:

Trying to do better at understanding some of OAs entries and I think this could be part of what he was looking at

MT perfectly on the daily

And call made precisely at Model T. You got it!
cjo03
AG
third coast.. said:

I'm probably unloading a bunch of bourbon soon. Yall throw in and ill host a party and we can open a bunch of the bottles at the house and discuss the finer things in life. Cant take an L on the bottles but ask Foggy, its a pretty good list.

sounds like a good time to sniff out the posers and do what we did on S. Dexter early '00s... for 2 years we refilled the exact same "good" bottles with the aforementioned sunny brook... $7.50 a plastic handle.

...and listened to guests talk about how nice it was to partake at our place because we always had the "good" stuff.

Cage_Stage
AG
I bought UAL calls (4/16 $60) this morning because it looked like it was breaking out of a really squeezy pennant. Anyone have ideas on how to set a target for this? My novice eyes don't see any technical resistance until like $74.
Ferris Wheel Allstar
AG
Jet Black said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Jet Black said:

moving him out to bring in a ringer????
McInnis 03
AG
HOLY HELL BATMAN!

***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
BrokeAssAggie
well tell us what you won, Bob!
I'm in
Swollen Thumb
AG
McInnis 03 said:

HOLY HELL BATMAN!

Second Prize: Autographed Green Hammer
Aggie118
AG
$WARM with a nice day adding %17.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

HOLY HELL BATMAN!

I don't care what you won just the fact that you won is enough!

Congrats!
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Brando and Jon are pretty good at their craft.
Slappy007
AG
North Dallas Forty oz. said:

I bought UAL calls (4/16 $60) this morning because it looked like it was breaking out of a really squeezy pennant. Anyone have ideas on how to set a target for this? My novice eyes don't see any technical resistance until like $74.
Looks like the upper part of the channel is $59ish and longer term resistance is near $61. I'm looking for a pop above the channel (>$59) to exit my UAL calls.
tsuag10
AG
Nice. Looks like you won a free 1 month membership
TheCellarDoor
AG
VEON at $1.89 AH and volume up the last few days. I'm locked and loaded on those June and sept $2 calls.
HalifaxAg
AG
Jet Black said:

Aggiesincebirth said:

Jet Black said:

He's moving over to FUBU I hear
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
This was probably discussed earlier in thread but in case it wasn't if Netflix finalizes the elimination of password sharing then their revenues are going to do some serious rocket action. 2Xs+ maybe.
Cage_Stage
AG
Slappy007 said:

Looks like the upper part of the channel is $59ish and longer term resistance is near $61. I'm looking for a pop above the channel (>$59) to exit my UAL calls.

Thanks! I didn't spot the channel, or the hiccup at 61 during the COVID landslide.
AgEng06
AG
WWR volume and run AH.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Greendale 87 said:

Am I seeing this correctly? A 600K trade on GOCO right after close? That's HUGE by GOCO standards....like to think it's a good sign!

Sorry, I hit the wrong button again.
Jet Black
AgEng06 said:

WWR volume and run AH.

Neat. I doubled my position today.
Aggie118
AG
$CTRM added another ship this week. Solid support around $1.00 ready to get back up to $1.94 where it was last month. NASDAQ compliance announcement should be soon (compliance was met a couple of weeks ago) as well as earnings report coming up.
Jet Black
Why have they decided to do this now? Have their revenues dropped?
Man, yall are quick.

I took a quick glance at my screen when I walked through my room and saw my account value was up nicely.

Had a feeling it was WWR.
Bob Knights Paper Hands

There weren't even any good gaps above the current price from early 2020 to look for resistance. There was a major pivot around $58 back in 2017 but I really doubt that holds much sway now. It's really goin to be driven by news and by rotation back into tech. I really think you had UAL and AAL execs putting out bad news to try to max out their stimulus dollars. Now that's mostly decided I think you'll see them continue to move up especially if there is no additional waves of infection or shut downs.
Engine10
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Man, yall are quick.

I took a quick glance at my screen when I walked through my room and saw my account value was up nicely.

Had a feeling it was WWR.

Had some legit volume too! Great way to start a weekend

First Page Last Page
Page 3495 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.