Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,047,439 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It keeps testing 1.84 but doesn't want to go north (volume dries up). I've felt that shares have traded hands down here for a reason....

It's been in a tight channel. It just needs a volume rocket and she's heading to 3.
ClutchCityAg
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

I love grudge trading, especially on weeklies.

I take mine out on SPY weeklies recently. Focus on the zones and swing/scalping depending on setup.

If you're disciplined, one can make a few grand a day scalping SPY. I've been in the 3-5k range per day, but I fat fingered what was supposed to be a 10K buy while on the phone yesterday and didn't pay attention to the submittal. It ended up working out quite nicely.

FJ43 started giving it a try this week, and I'm pretty sure he's doing about the same results after the first couple of days.
I have been doing this with decent success lately as well. It helps on days with no good setups to get into on individual stocks. Sometimes just have that urge to trade something.

Although... I am playing with much smaller amounts than you
Let it ride
MaroonDynasty
Going to jump in VGR tomorrow (cigarette+real estate); value dividend play, looks like it is building a pole for another flag that should run to $16-17, then will collect premium after.

Long hold in the IRA, nice 5% dividend.

GreasenUSA
AG
Bond yields today were in line with the market; bidders showed up.

We can put the bond scare to rest. Yields should stabilize rather than continue spiking to new levels. Gradual increases from here are likely for bond yields, but they should be measured and shouldn't spook the market/growth/tech.

Friday morning edit:
Apologies. Spoke too soon.
1.614% was the high on the 10y from Monday. We tapped that this morning. If we spike through this today we will definitely see selling in tech. Retesting a level is fine, the problem is we spiked back up to this level inside just a few hours. That is not stability.
DavysApprentice
AG
oldarmy1 said:

VEON looks ready to break out. Check those tight bands after a long period of what looked like tight bands. Well now they are really pressing on each other.

I have $2 September calls on this right now. Would you go shares and sell covered calls on a rip or just stay with buying calls?
AGSmith
AG
You mean the $2 call? I don't see a 2.5 listed anywhere
DavysApprentice
AG
AGSmith said:

You mean the $2 call? I don't see a 2.5 listed anywhere

Yes I meant $2
Ragoo
AG
My grudge trade is ROKU. Every time I see t goes a little I want to buy a weekly to try and catch a $20 day. Never happens.
Brewmaster
AG

I take mine out on SPY weeklies recently. Focus on the zones and swing/scalping depending on setup.

If you're disciplined, one can make a few grand a day scalping SPY. I've been in the 3-5k range per day, but I fat fingered what was supposed to be a 10K buy while on the phone yesterday and didn't pay attention to the submittal. It ended up working out quite nicely.

FJ43 started giving it a try this week, and I'm pretty sure he's doing about the same results after the first couple of days.
I'm all ears I guess you all went calls on the reversal (after dip) from the open? curious what levels you like to use, fib or just watch minute chart for resistance/ support?
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
3-5k days sound fantastic. Sign me up!
McInnis 03
AG

I would love to hear how you execute your directional entries on this MFG. I tried executing on SPX with limited success
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
tsuag10
AG
Re: $CX

Over 11k in open interest on the Jan 2022 $10 calls

Seems very high compared to other dates/strikes.

Thoughts?
oldarmy1
AG
At these prices I'd just go calls.
oldarmy1
AG
So happy to see CX coming where I saw it going a couple of years ago. I sure like Mass Accumulation into the end down cycle.
YNWA_AG
AG
Would you keep the June 2s and add more of the September's you'd mentioned if you are looking to add more VEON?
oldarmy1
AG
I sold 20% of AAPL shares at $122.60 but near close entered March 26th $121 naked puts that same number of shares for $2.86. If AAPL continues upward that makes $2860/10 naked puts. If AAPL is under $121 I am back in the shares net $118.14
oldarmy1
AG
I would. Then when we get a pop you can sell the June's to more than pay for your September's.
HoustonAg2014
AG
Model T on Fubo?!
JAggie2007
AG
Me whenever OA posts an options play.
Timing more than anything. FJ43 can vouch, but I'm setting my sell as I'm placing my buy. For the scalps, it's based on the 1 minute at key support/resistance levels. I'm typically doing ATM strikes as well.

For swings, I'm playing zones.

Yeah, I'm probably leaving money on the table every day, but it also is a higher hit rate than my swings, and certainly my other options plays.

I think I had 4 losing trades this week on SPY. The success rate ~90%
khaos288
AG
Here's a strategic question OA.

Hold 100 share lots of less things to leverage options, or diversify and lean on growth and buying naked calls to build up account.
FJ43

Timing more than anything. FJ43 can vouch, but I'm setting my sell as I'm placing my buy. For the scalps, it's based on the 1 minute at key support/resistance levels. I'm typically doing ATM strikes as well.

Yeah, I'm probably leaving money on the table every day, but it also is a higher hit rate than my swings, and certainly my other options plays.

McInnis sorry but a little long here. Msg me if I can help clarify what I will surely miss.

This is addicting, fun and profitable. Doesn't hurt it passes the time from watching things not move.

My approach all week has been similar. I set up a single monitor (via Mosaic Panel) where I have 3 charts. 1 Min 5 Minute. and 10 Minute. The 10 Min is linked to the option chain so when I click the option I am buying the chart displays the options price candles/action for the time span matching my predetermined support/resistance levels. The 1 & 5 charts stay constant. I buy, generally not more 2 OTM but mostly ATM, then set my sell immediately based on the next support or resistance level matched to the option price at that level. Helps to have those two charts side by side to see the exact levels/times of day. I usually pick a few cents lower than option was at the next resistance/support level.

I have also then set some alerts in the wrong direction just in case so I can go about other things. However this usually happens relatively quickly. Days like today with narrow channels it happened faster. But easily managed when focused on one single thing. Buying/Selling calls and puts on the same thing back and forth.

The other items on the screen are an Order Entry Panel window, Option Chain window Live Orders window and Portfolio Overview window. I never have to click away if I don't want to to fully trade this system.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

McInnis 03
AG

Pardon my stupidity.

Let's say spy 385 is known resistance and you're coming up to it from 380. Are you saying that as 385 gets close, maybe 384.5...you're buying near term 385 puts and selling them on any reverse movement? Ie: we kiss 384.8 and revert to 384.30, you're unloading at 384.30 at the bid?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
That was how I was doing it at first, and how I swing my SPY options. I was also scalping that way. FJ and I do it very similarly with the charts.

With the scalping however, this week I started tinkering with 'long straddles' (multiple a day) with days that had high volatility. Technically, anything over 20 on the VIX would be considered "escalated volatility" but you can set that how you see fit.

With good volatility weekly straddles ATM pay beautifully.
Aggie118
AG
Any thought as to how the Fake News President's speech will affect the markets?
kyledr04
AG
Would like to see a video of a paper trade doing that.
kyledr04
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis sorry but a little long here. Msg me if I can help clarify what I will surely miss.

This is addicting, fun and profitable. Doesn't hurt it passes the time from watching things not move.

My approach all week has been similar. I set up a single monitor (via Mosaic Panel) where I have 3 charts. 1 Min 5 Minute. and 10 Minute. The 10 Min is linked to the option chain so when I click the option I am buying the chart displays the options price candles/action for the time span matching my predetermined support/resistance levels. The 1 & 5 charts stay constant. I buy, generally not more 2 OTM but mostly ATM, then set my sell immediately based on the next support or resistance level matched to the option price at that level. Helps to have those two charts side by side to see the exact levels/times of day. I usually pick a few cents lower than option was at the next resistance/support level.

I have also then set some alerts in the wrong direction just in case so I can go about other things. However this usually happens relatively quickly. Days like today with narrow channels it happened faster. But easily managed when focused on one single thing. Buying/Selling calls and puts on the same thing back and forth.

The other items on the screen are an Order Entry Panel window, Option Chain window Live Orders window and Portfolio Overview window. I never have to click away if I don't want to to fully trade this system.

Someone was doing the same thing today on QQQ. Bought 6000 weekly 315s about 930am and sold about 1130 when the run stopped. The options were up 200%. They made over a million in 2 hours. Looked like a little goal post .
Engine10
AG
Hope no one has the $TSLA lottos for tomorrow
Engine10
AG
Brewmaster
AG
is this fair to say? ... sounds like you all are going for conservative gains on these, not getting greedy. (hence my 392 buy and a quick sell at 392.40 on first move up, shown in the chart: couldve also bought at reversal (6 green candles down or so from where I have "2nd round sell"). Very interesting stuff, thanks for sharing.

zag213004
AG
Engine10 said:

Hope no one has the $TSLA lottos for tomorrow

Soooooo.....

More graphite?
agdaddy04
AG
oldarmy1 said:

I sold 20% of AAPL shares at $122.60 but near close entered March 26th $121 naked puts that same number of shares for $2.86. If AAPL continues upward that makes $2860/10 naked puts. If AAPL is under $121 I am back in the shares net $118.14

OA, when you post something like this is it typically too late to mirror or no?
FJ43
kyledr04 said:

FJ43 said:

Someone was doing the same thing today on QQQ. Bought 6000 weekly 315s about 930am and sold about 1130 when the run stopped. The options were up 200%. They made over a million in 2 hours. Looked like a little goal post .
Well I'm using a few less zeros but I did do a few on Qs just the same. Knock a few zeros off and that would be my print.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

confucius_ag
AG
POSH had a great day .......

Then got pounded AH on earrings and guidance.
kyledr04
AG
FJ43 said:

kyledr04 said:

FJ43 said:

Well I'm using a few less zeros but I did do a few on Qs just the same. Knock a few zeros off and that would be my print.

Was prolly OA
First Page Last Page
Page 3482 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.