Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,286 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Took some gap gains on some things. Bought Back to bed.

Let the rally to all-time highs be so!
zag213004
AG
This may be exit day for UBER calls. May the stock gods be on our side today... Old and new!
FJ43
zwhag2010 said:

This may be exit day for UBER calls. May the stock gods be on our side today!
From here clear to 60.25 as I see. After that, other than 60.85 or maybe ATH but I will sell on any push into that area. Today could see those areas with any volume.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

gigemJTH12
AG
So I have lost my ass on AAPL. An embarrassing amount of my account. I have let like 3 different large sets of call buys expire to their death.

Dumb trading, I know.

I'll be sick if I do miss the rip after losing all that money.

Should I buy something farther out? I cannot afford to buy another set a month away and lose again on it.

If in my shoes, what would be your play?
FJ43
gigemJTH12 said:

So I have lost my ass on AAPL. An embarrassing amount of my account. I have let like 3 different large sets of call buys expire to their death.

Dumb trading, I know.

I'll be sick if I do miss the rip after losing all that money.

Should I buy something farther out? I cannot afford to buy another set a month away and lose again on it.

If in my shoes, what would be your play?
Brother you're not alone on the AAPL trade. This forum has a long line standing with ya including myself. Don't beat yourself up and just learn from it. We can all get sucked into trades too heavy at times and FOMO is real. I too need to pay attention to my sig.

Position sizing is so important and we don't talk enough about it on this thread.

I will look to enter some calls for April here today/tomorrow. I think if AAPL engages, which tech and the overall needs it to happen, it will be angry and rip.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

59 South
AG
Duckman is a great follow. He's like the rich uncle that I never had.

txaggie_08
AG
AAPL

I'm averaged in just below $134. I've nibbled here and there on the way down to lower my average, afraid to take too big of a bite not knowing how far it may fall. This seems to be a good time to try to add a few more shares and lower average. Thoughts?
cageybee77
AG
I think the question is about opportunity cost. Is buying more Apple shares the best way to invest your money right now? Apple futures up this am last time I checked....but.....what is the compelling reason that Apple will turn around that wasn't there for the last month? Of course, what's logic got to do with it- watch it go up 10% today.
BrokeAssAggie
FJ43 said:

$30,000 Millionaire said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What's the reason for selling at 270 and not higher? At that point is it take profits and get out?
I am a more conservative trader than most on here. I marked 3 exit points based on where I think resistance will show up. First level of resistance is inner cup completion, second level is outer cup completion, third level has served as support / resistance in the past multiple times.

if FB gets to $280, I would not tempt fate and would sell there no matter what.
Good call. Not to mention it would be about +2 ATR

Sitting at $269 right now!
FJ43
CrazyRichAggie said:

FJ43 said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What's the reason for selling at 270 and not higher? At that point is it take profits and get out?
I am a more conservative trader than most on here. I marked 3 exit points based on where I think resistance will show up. First level of resistance is inner cup completion, second level is outer cup completion, third level has served as support / resistance in the past multiple times.

if FB gets to $280, I would not tempt fate and would sell there no matter what.
Good call. Not to mention it would be about +2 ATR

Sitting at $269 right now!
I'm holding until $300

Kidding of course

txaggie_08
AG
I hear ya, but it's hard to judge any one stock over the last month when it was a macro move causing most of the market to fall for a month.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
The compelling reasons have been there for over a month, the macro and other factors have just prevented it from coming to fruition (heh... get it?)

I've been going full on martingale strategy with fruit weeklies. The longer we have to wait the harder it's gonna rip, so the more reckless I've been buying. Let's get rich today!
cageybee77
AG
"Macro factors" for over a month? You would think those "really smart people" would move more quickly than that.....but ok. I get it that tech is down generally..but ORCL. I may buy some if we get some profit taking today.
fastgreens
AG
Any thoughts on SLGG? I got in at 6.23 just now.
cageybee77
AG
Today's financial report will be interesting
fastgreens
AG
Anyone buying RBLX today?
clinto
I'm new to options, have been learning a lot the past month or so and think I'm ready to buy my first call option, looking at the April 16 apple, what all goes in to y'all's decision on choosing a strike price?
fastgreens
AG
clinto said:

I'm new to options, have been learning a lot the past month or so and think I'm ready to buy my first call option, looking at the April 16 apple, what all goes in to y'all's decision on choosing a strike price?

Good time to start with a couple OA1 recommended $GM April 16 $60
AgEng06
AG
Dang, just noticed RBLX hit $92 AH yesterday.
clinto
Quote:

Thanks, I'll look into that as well
jj9000
AG
FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Signed up for Redlers $66 sale. I'm a sucker
Same. I seldom miss being on the 6:30EST Dog Pound. Really enjoy listening to him each morning.

What's his sale? I go to bed too late to be up that early but I guess I could watch the recap.
See if this works. Basically his private Twitter feed, several daily videos, end of day recap and several other items on his premium subscriptions. Here the link...I hope.

https://www.t3live.com/blog/scott-redler-report-special-bundle/

IMO it has a ton of useful content if you can spend the time to go through all that's included. I'm sure there will be helpful tips, methods, etc for me anyway that I can glean from all of it. At least for a month I'll get o experience his private Tweets and entry/exits and why.

You mentioned entry/exits. Are these generalized ranges...or does he give specific targets?

Also...Is this on these on the Twitter feed?
gigemJTH12
AG
thanks man. makes me feel better. I am probably going to go out to May and pay a little extra for it.
BrokeAssAggie
fastgreens said:

clinto said:

That or what until OA post a new options play. Get in with 2 to 4 contracts. Options plays can swing 30 to 50% in a blink of an eye.
Ags2013
AG
PHUN
AggieChemist
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

fastgreens said:

clinto said:

That or what until OA post a new options play. Get in with 2 to 4 contracts. Options plays can swing 30 to 50% in a blink of an eye.
Do you generally set a GTC exit strategy on them to catch those?
fastgreens
AG
Definitely listen to CRA... grab them as soon as you see one clearly outlined from OA1.

I'm just following these guy's lead and jacked up a few AAPL options early that cost some monies.
FJ43
jj9000 said:

FJ43 said:

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Signed up for Redlers $66 sale. I'm a sucker
Same. I seldom miss being on the 6:30EST Dog Pound. Really enjoy listening to him each morning.

What's his sale? I go to bed too late to be up that early but I guess I could watch the recap.
See if this works. Basically his private Twitter feed, several daily videos, end of day recap and several other items on his premium subscriptions. Here the link...I hope.

https://www.t3live.com/blog/scott-redler-report-special-bundle/

IMO it has a ton of useful content if you can spend the time to go through all that's included. I'm sure there will be helpful tips, methods, etc for me anyway that I can glean from all of it. At least for a month I'll get o experience his private Tweets and entry/exits and why.

You mentioned entry/exits. Are these generalized ranges...or does he give specific targets?

Also...Is this on these on the Twitter feed?
His analysis will provide entry and exit levels charted mostly through his continuous analysis of EMAs.. My understanding is the private Twitter will let you know when he is entering and exiting positions, stocks on watch, etc. Doubt exacts like $27.12 but more small ranges that were predetermined via analysis. He is a trader who looks for the meat of the burger not the buns and trimmings.

BrokeAssAggie
AggieChemist said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

fastgreens said:

clinto said:

If I can't keep an eye on a trade for the day I sometimes set stops or limit orders. For me personally, once I hit a 50% to 60% loss I exit. Just depends on your risk tolerance.
Mostly Foggy Recollection
FJ's LAZR chart looks great. Looking at a swing on LAZR with shares and an option play.
FJ43
AggieChemist said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

fastgreens said:

clinto said:

Just my 2 cents but I never set stops on options. Too easy to get flashed out then have it go right back up with some of the volatility on these. I set alerts both directions then check what the action is.

Running with the Bulls
$KERN buying Viridian Sciences and is up big PM! I bought this on the recent dip as a different angle on the weed industry.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
FJ43 said:

AggieChemist said:

CrazyRichAggie said:

fastgreens said:

clinto said:

Just my 2 cents but I never set stops on options. Too easy to get flashed out then have it go right back up with some of the volatility on these. I set alerts both directions then check what the action is.

Same here, I set alerts to the downside but not stops. I will at times set GTC sell orders at my target price for all or some of the contracts if I can't pay attention during the day.
LOYAL AG
AG
fastgreens said:

clinto said:

This is bad advice. OA is a legend here and I'm not questioning the trade itself but the poster you responded to has to learn how to successfully trade options, not blindly follow the board's legends. Entering options trades you don't understand and can't manage will lose you a lot of money quickly.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
clinto said:

First what is my angle - am I thinking there is a big move and I really want to leverage for high potential % return but also high risk then I'll buy OTM just a bit under my target price. If I am less confident in the timing or magnitude of the move I'll tend to buy ATM or ITM strikes. Theta eats at these less so it gives me a chance to get in the trade but still gives me time to get out without massive loss if I think the trade goes against me.
Second - is liquidity an issue? If I have no intention of owning the shares then I make sure there's sufficient volume on the strikes or that I think the volume will be there when I want to sell. Usually round numbers on strike prices help.
Third - premiums. Occasionally it is preferable to buy a certain strike than those immediately around it because there may be some odd premium difference.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
LOYAL AG said:

fastgreens said:

clinto said:

This is bad advice. OA is a legend here and I'm not questioning the trade itself but the poster you responded to has to learn how to successfully trade options, not blindly follow the board's legends. Entering options trades you don't understand and can't manage will lose you a lot of money quickly.

Truth. You really need to know why, how, and when to exit before getting into any sizeable options investments. I would, however say that paper trading or trading very small dollar options plays is the best way to learn. You basically have to screw things up in every way possible before you learn to recognize how to spot that situation again and to formulate better plans to deal with those. For the new folks on the board I would highly encourage getting a paper trading account and with that try to enter a lot of the trades you see on this board to experience them without risking your real dollars. In the meantime you can just safely park your real money in TSLA $900 weeklies.
First Page Last Page
Page 3472 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.