Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,044 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
FJ43
How long do you want to ignore this user?
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Ukraine Gas Expert said:

What's the reason for selling at 270 and not higher? At that point is it take profits and get out?
I am a more conservative trader than most on here. I marked 3 exit points based on where I think resistance will show up. First level of resistance is inner cup completion, second level is outer cup completion, third level has served as support / resistance in the past multiple times.

if FB gets to $280, I would not tempt fate and would sell there no matter what.
Good call. Not to mention it would be about +2 ATR
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

SPY has that Friday HOW feel....
In my book, after SPY cleared $387.66 the next stop is $400 without retreat. We'll see.. SMA's reflect extremely bullish.

Regarding fruit,...when the market rip starts and I believe it to be next week, I wouldn't doubt fruit at $170 hits the ticker pretty quick. Fruit is 6% of the S&P and in my opinion it's now holding SPY down. I'm putting GTC sell orders against my fruit at $175. If the market-maker wants to risk loaning my fruit, no problem. If all other cylinders are firing in the marketplace, the upward move is going to catch many asleep. (And,...someone in another camp is reading this post and saying he's going to lose a lot in the crash next week. Takes 2 opinions to make a horse race.)

Last half of March is shaping up nicely for a continued market move up, in my opinion.
FJ43

LAZR was one of my share pickups in the dip and the premium for covered calls is pretty good.
I missed that. Wish I would have caught that one. I plan to enter here shares, options or both.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I probably didn't post about it.

Look at $APA
You don’t trade for money, you trade for freedom.
Ukraine Gas Expert
AG
Thanks for explaining, that helps a lot.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
$RF too
FJ43

$RF too
Held up really well and didn't even really lose the 21 EMA. Looks to be flagging and maybe just moved a little through it. Like it for continuation here.

FJ43

I probably didn't post about it.

Look at $APA
Like it also. Seems to have really powered through all this market disturbance. Also flagging here and should be an easy trade back to cup completion around 29ish I think. Man if it does that then 37 and 47/48 are the next ones.

FJ43

DNN

Closed maybe just below the 8 EMA today with lower than normal volume. Wouldn't be surprised if there are flashes down into the low .90s tomorrow. Heck maybe even high .80s early PM.

I will be adding more shares (trading shares) on this at .94 and below.

ProgN
oldarmy1 said:

ClutchCityAg said:

Anything actionable on SDC you are seeing?
Not really. That 9 peg reversal would have been sweet but I was busy.
How did the oil spill end up coming out?
ProgN
Irish 2.0 said:

gougler08 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Someone dug up that AVEO has a drug approved on the FDA website for renal cell cancer.

MOONSHOT.
Irish is smiling somewhere
Was just coming in here to post about this. I had a 2 year old alert just go off! I dumped that thing last year at a massive loss. Had completely forgotten about it. Even with this spike I'd still be underwater I think. I don't recall what I sold that POS for. I haven't been agressive in any trading lately which is why I've been MIA. Real work has kept me pretty busy the last couple months

Where in the the ever loving **** have you been?

Have you been abroad and renegotiating deals so you can kick up 10% to the big guy? If not, just lie to me.

Hell, FJ even uses your favorite gif a lot. He doesn't say it but I know it's in your honor.

The board is better with you on it.

I'm just busting your balls. I hope life is well for you.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
My guess is big chop to slight green the next 6 trading days (opex week coming up) and then big movement up if there is no negative catalyst.
kyledr04
AG
Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX said:

In my book, after SPY cleared $387.66 the next stop is $400 without retreat. We'll see.. SMA's reflect extremely bullish.

Regarding fruit,...when the market rip starts and I believe it to be next week, I wouldn't doubt fruit at $170 hits the ticker pretty quick. Fruit is 6% of the S&P and in my opinion it's now holding SPY down. I'm putting GTC sell orders against my fruit at $175. If the market-maker wants to risk loaning my fruit, no problem. If all other cylinders are firing in the marketplace, the upward move is going to catch many asleep. (And,...someone in another camp is reading this post and saying he's going to lose a lot in the crash next week. Takes 2 opinions to make a horse race.)

Last half of March is shaping up nicely for a continued market move up, in my opinion.

Over 150 by the end of next week on the way to 175 would be epic
wjbrown88
Is anyone looking into hedges against rapid inflation?
McInnis 03
AG
Signed up for Redlers $66 sale. I'm a sucker
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
McInnis 03
AG
Cathie bought 500,000 RBLX
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
kyledr04 said:

could happen. When Farmer speaks I listen. He's an o.g. here.

I do think we get some resistance at 3920 (based on Mancini's levels), but as much as fruit has been held back, bulls could crush that when they want to.

Next week being options expiration week concerns me a little. I would expect some more chop.
Peter Klaven
AG
Let us know what you think, I considered it myself.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Same. I seldom miss being on the 6:30EST Dog Pound. Really enjoy listening to him each morning.

Jet Black
An apple run would be great
HalifaxAg
AG
Trying to learn...I didn't exit JBLU calls the other day, but looking at the chart. The price stabilized after the run, the volume slowed a little...does this mean it's loading for another break out?

I have the Apr16 21C's so time is on my side, but I'm wondering if I should bail while I'm even or hold and find out. I feel like I paid the premium to hold, but so new to this, I'd like to get a few wins under my belt. TIA
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

Same. I seldom miss being on the 6:30EST Dog Pound. Really enjoy listening to him each morning.

What's his sale? I go to bed too late to be up that early but I guess I could watch the recap.
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
Farmer is a baller and has not posted in forever.
FJ43

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

What's his sale? I go to bed too late to be up that early but I guess I could watch the recap.
See if this works. Basically his private Twitter feed, several daily videos, end of day recap and several other items on his premium subscriptions. Here the link...I hope.

https://www.t3live.com/blog/scott-redler-report-special-bundle/

IMO it has a ton of useful content if you can spend the time to go through all that's included. I'm sure there will be helpful tips, methods, etc for me anyway that I can glean from all of it. At least for a month I'll get o experience his private Tweets and entry/exits and why.

Brewmaster
AG
HalifaxAg said:

Trying to learn...I didn't exit JBLU calls the other day, but looking at the chart. The price stabilized after the run, the volume slowed a little...does this mean it's loading for another break out?

I have the Apr16 21C's so time is on my side, but I'm wondering if I should bail while I'm even or hold and find out. I feel like I paid the premium to hold, but so new to this, I'd like to get a few wins under my belt. TIA
I think you have plenty of time. It didn't look great today, but if you zoom out a bit and look at the last week or so, it just looks like consolidation. Nice bull flag after the big volume on the 5th. When the markets break out upwards, those will be nice winners.
McInnis 03
AG

FJ43 said:

McInnis 03 said:

1.5 hours left on the deal

https://www.t3live.com/blog/scott-redler-report-special-bundle/

B&I Key:
Rice and Fries
BREwmaster said:

kyledr04 said:

could happen. When Farmer speaks I listen. He's an o.g. here.

I do think we get some resistance at 3920 (based on Mancini's levels), but as much as fruit has been held back, bulls could crush that when they want to.

Next week being options expiration week concerns me a little. I would expect some more chop.

If AAPL hits $175 in the next 6 weeks, I think my $175 Jan 2023 LEAPS would shut themselves.
Jet Black
Can you please plain the thinking here? How long do you plan to hold these? Why go so far out? I'm just trying to get a better understanding. Thanks!
Rice and Fries
Jet Black said:

Can you please plain the thinking here? How long do you plan to hold these? Why go so far out? I'm just trying to get a better understanding. Thanks!

Sure thing - Originally bought the $200 LEAPS when AAPL was around $108 on the last little market poo poo we had last fall. The thinking was "Apple was bound to rise back up after taking a shellacking", so I bought 4 of the $200s at around $500ish per contract (or $5 per share x 100) for long term price appreciation gains on the option value. My goal was to ride Apple back up, get the options to 100% return and go net free on 2 and sell 2. Then just let them sit as I had several months of time premium on my side.

Well this downturn we just had tanked AAPL, I watched my options which were above 60% return at the time decay in value. So I rolled them to the same expiry but just for the $175s instead. Same goal here. Just looking to control the options, ride the wave of price increase and still be able to sell them for a decent profit. The long dated nature just means I have more time on my side to be able to see the trade through and give the stock time to rally.

I'm basically buying options instead of stock and hoping to make great returns. I could have spent the $2K on 20 AAPL shares or bought the LEAPS instead and have control over 400 shares. I don't really have the capital on hand to buy 400 shares of Apple, so I don't plan to exercise the options but I can still make profit and flip them down the road if AAPL does rally and get closer to the strike price.
Jet Black
I appreciate it. It seems like if apple goes on a run you can make some nice $.
FbgTxAg
AG
Jet Black said:

I appreciate it. It seems like if apple goes on a run you can make some nice $.

If (when) AAPL goes on a run, we ALL goin to Sizzler!

The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
FJ43

Mornun!

Ok well let's see if this is real but things on both SPY and Qs are gapping up here. SPY at 392+ and Qs at 316+ as I type this.

Not much else I can say but please let it be so!

Trade wisely!

John Francis Donaghy
It's an honor to be the first response to FJ's kickoff post. Make money everyone!
oldarmy1
AG
FB +4. Ho Hum
FJ43
oldarmy1 said:

FB +4. Ho Hum

Sheesh....this thread will be busy if this one runs today

First Page Last Page
Page 3471 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.