Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,262 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
UpstateAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Picked up more WWR and bought back calls sold on that dip. Now I'm just waiting for federal decriminalized marijuana to sell SNDL.
McInnis 03
AG
Engine10 said:

House voting on Stimulus today...macro pullback prior to approval (assuming it breezes Senate) making some sense, technicals aside
Market has been selling everything on strength. DOW30 may drop like a rock after that passes.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ornithopter
AG
McInnis 03 said:

Engine10 said:

House voting on Stimulus today...macro pullback prior to approval (assuming it breezes Senate) making some sense, technicals aside
Market has been selling everything on strength. DOW30 may drop like a rock after that passes.

I have to think that the stimulus passing is already priced in.

It's why markets are so weak on any bad news - all the really good news (opening back up, stimulus, low interest rates, etc) is priced in.
ClutchCityAg
Anyone else having trouble charting on IBKR right now?
Let it ride
McInnis 03
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Hold 3815 here and I'm going March 1 385s
I just got stopped out on them....for 10% gain
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
mazag08
AG
Engine10 said:

Wasn't the upside of stimulus already priced into the market?

The pullback has been a mix of profit taking and rising treasury rates. I don't think anything regarding the stimulus is going to do anything other than signal a short term bottom. But if $15MW is included (or even looks like its gaining traction), this thing could pullback farther as the market begins to price that in.
TecRecAg
AG
Is now the wrong time for "profit is profit"?
wmitchell
AG
this is seeming like a good time to buy back my CWH covered calls. I was dumb and sold $31 calls for Feb when it was mid 20s - then rolled it to March when it jumped. Looking like I am very fortunate now on this dip...

Would you buy them back or roll? I was tempted to roll til Jan 2022 (long time, but also gets me out of capital gains). Would move from $31 strike to $50 strike and get a $1.00+ credit potentially.

Thoughts?
wmitchell
AG
wmitchell said:

this is seeming like a good time to buy back my CWH covered calls. I was dumb and sold $31 calls for Feb when it was mid 20s - then rolled it to March when it jumped. Looking like I am very fortunate now on this dip...

Would you buy them back or roll? I was tempted to roll til Jan 2022 (long time, but also gets me out of capital gains). Would move from $31 strike to $50 strike and get a $1.00+ credit potentially.

Thoughts?
initial thought - pulling a McInnis - buy them back, wait for a spike then sell higher strike covered calls.
mazag08
AG
I've bought quite a few calls that are 2-3 months our, and a couple leaps. Maybe didn't get them all at their lowest, but I have a pretty good feeling that all are going to pay off very well.

I haven't sold a single CC this week. Unless you are trying to clip weeklys that you feel confident wont get exercised, why would you? Theta doesn't ramp up for a couple weeks on the March exps
Fairfield_Ag
AG
WWR question for those of you that are more familiar with the company.

I'm reviewing the 2/16/21 presentation (business update) on their website to familiarize myself with their market position. My understanding is that they've developed a now patented "clean" process for purifying graphite. They've validated the technology through a pilot testing program, so they've only done this on a small scale.

There's no reference to the "cost" associated with this patented process, or how it compares to the overall graphite market. Why would Tesla, Duracell, or any other battery maker choose to buy from WWR as opposed to existing suppliers? To me they would HAVE to be competitive price wise, and when I see they have an environmentally sound process by which they refine graphite, that sounds expensive to me.

Different market, but I've supported several biodiesel projects over the years. One in particular (Kior) developed a process to burn wood chips and convert to biodiesel. They were able to prove the process at a pilot scale facility in Pasadena, TX (location I supported), and millions poured in from investors. They built a full scale plant, even when they knew their cost associated with producing a single barrel of biodiesel in this process was several $1,000.00 per barrel. Kior ran out of money and went bankrupt. Their internal costs were too great for an unsellable product.

I guess I'm gun shy on WWR due to that experience with Kior. I'd like to know how competitive their sell prices are for graphite. What gives WWR an advantage over competitors? The fact that they're domestic? The fact that their process is green? To me it's all about the competitive pricing. Good news either way is that demand for graphite is skyrocketing.

Thoughts from those of you more familiar with WWR? Thanks in advance.
Engine10
AG
Posted some of this in the discord but graphite was just added to the strategic minerals list or w/e it is. Huge plus and advantage.

Andy07
AG
mazag08 said:

Engine10 said:

Wasn't the upside of stimulus already priced into the market?

The pullback has been a mix of profit taking and rising treasury rates. I don't think anything regarding the stimulus is going to do anything other than signal a short term bottom. But if $15MW is included (or even looks like its gaining traction), this thing could pullback farther as the market begins to price that in.
I think stimulus upside has been priced in, however the market doesn't like uncertainty so before key dates we'll have volatility which is what we're seeing today
mazag08
AG
I don't know anything that isn't common knowledge. But there is a long time for them to figure out the cost structure. And in the meantime, you've got an administration that wants to focus on less dependance on China for critical rare earth infrastructure. WWR is the closest company to mining and selling graphite.
Quote:

This project gives Wes****er control of more than 40,000 acres of mineral leases. And importantly, there's a graphite deposit that has more than 27 years of life.
https://investorplace.com/2020/12/wes****er-resources-wwr-stock-is-a-creative-bet-on-electric-vehicles/

Even if they aren't cost effective, there's always the chance the government subsidizes them like they do many of the EV and renewable companies.
jimbo9821
AG
I also still like WWR. The May 21 $10 calls look good
deadbq03
AG
Looks to my untrained eyes that SPX just broke out of it's downward channel on the 5 minute chart.
Slappy007
AG
How often do you guys notice ES Futures and SPY diverge? SPY was heading up a good 10 minutes befor ES ripped.
cptthunder
mazag08 said:

I don't know anything that isn't common knowledge. But there is a long time for them to figure out the cost structure. And in the meantime, you've got an administration that wants to focus on less dependance on China for critical rare earth infrastructure. WWR is the closest company to mining and selling graphite.
Quote:

This project gives Wes****er control of more than 40,000 acres of mineral leases. And importantly, there's a graphite deposit that has more than 27 years of life.
https://investorplace.com/2020/12/wes****er-resources-wwr-stock-is-a-creative-bet-on-electric-vehicles/

Even if they aren't cost effective, there's always the chance the government subsidizes them like they do many of the EV and renewable companies.
Not sure if everyone has seen it but i was able to find another North American graphite mine in Canada that is in a similiar time frame of development for production
$NMGRF
Its OTC but they have plans to be listed in the US by midyear
Its held up well the last couple of days also
AggieChemist
AG
I'll tell you a stonk that has kicked my teeth in... is SCR. It was TSCRF or something that went to TSCRD and reverse split 10:1 and then tanked. I'm down almost 50% on that one.
mazag08
AG
That's interesting and something to keep an eye on. Though it has the extra hurdle of being Canadian, so export costs could affect it.
Fairfield_Ag
AG
Thanks guys for the additional info on WWR.
cptthunder
mazag08 said:

That's interesting and something to keep an eye on. Though it has the extra hurdle of being Canadian, so export costs could affect it.
Ive been taking a starter position as is dipped under the 21 EMA the last three days and now will wait to see of it test resistance around $1.40 and how it behaves there
Brewmaster
AG
VIX just rolled over and died. Whoop! about to see some fireworks I bet.
Jet Black
Looks like getting out of UVXY yesterday was probably the correct call.
HoustonAg2014
AG
cptthunder said:

mazag08 said:

Quote:

Not sure if everyone has seen it but i was able to find another North American graphite mine in Canada that is in a similiar time frame of development for production
$NMGRF
Its OTC but they have plans to be listed in the US by midyear
Its held up well the last couple of days also

My buddy mentioned this one to me a while back. I told him I am starting to buy. We screwed Canada with the XL pipeline and oil and gas stuff. We will need to rekindle that relationship in a similar sector and mining for rare earths would make the most sense.
Boban
Woke up to find 20% more money in my TOS account than yesterday. I was happy until I realized my transfer from RH finally made it.
Brewmaster
AG
jimbo9821 said:

I also still like WWR. The May 21 $10 calls look good
cheers, I added these too. I'm in the 7.50's as well.
ag94whoop
AG
when yall sell covered calls, what % of your shares in a particular position do you usually target?
FJ43
ag94whoop said:

when yall sell covered calls, what % of your shares in a particular position do you usually target?
Generally not more than 50% of an MA (mass accumulation) play for me.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

backintexas2013
AG
For me it depends on the stock. If it's a stock that's not something I want to keep a real long time I will sell 100%. I will set a percentage I will accept and sell calls on that.

Example NAK. I have a cost of about $0.50. I sell $1.00 calls every month. Either I get a double or keep bringing my cost down. If I go to net zero then I might just keep it.

TecRecAg
AG
Didn't get the house. Guess I'll start drinking early.
Post removed:
by user
Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

ag94whoop said:

Generally not more than 50% of an MA (mass accumulation) play for me.
FJ....how do you determine what CC to buy in relation to current price and trajectory of the stock price? Is there a different strategy for a MA stock vs any other stock?
McInnis 03
AG
They couldn't rip SPY until they stopped me out of the monday 385c's.

It's on a ripstick now.

B&I Key:
Brewmaster
AG
opened call spreads on MARA for next week, 34/40C. Bitcoin has been consolidating a while, should pop again soon.
First Page Last Page
Page 3355 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.