Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,027,112 Views | 231616 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by ProgN
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Still in big baller! It's printing money now

I'll toss you a bottle of Blantons and a pat on the back.

It's holding, I'd do a 385 put and 390c
leoj
AG
Just entered $MU March $105 calls
I reloaded the boat on GBTC swing
FJ43
Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

ag94whoop said:

when yall sell covered calls, what % of your shares in a particular position do you usually target?
Generally not more than 50% of an MA (mass accumulation) play for me.
FJ....how do you determine what CC to buy in relation to current price and trajectory of the stock price? Is there a different strategy for a MA stock vs any other stock?
I use the same process whether MA or not. I always sell them on a surge towards a resistance level never in a downtrend. The resistance level it is headed towards almost always causes a pause at least (if not rejection) so I set alerts before that level just a bit. The premium will drop quick on the pause so I sell them into and before it especially on a good surge.

In terms of what strike for me personally I sell the strike technicals show that I don't think it will get to, or at least a double on the shares. Time frame can be anywhere from a month out to longer but I like the 1-2 month range personally. I like to work the process of buying them back with any volatility for cash flow/cost basis reductions and reselling next leg up again.

Hope that helps.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

BenRev09
AG
isnt 3855 a big level here? looks to be rejecting for now
FJ43
Everyone load up on DNN below a buck?
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

FJ43
BenRev09 said:

isnt 3855 a big level here? looks to be rejecting for now
Per Mancini needs to recapture that today.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will be interesting to see if S&P 500 can finish where it opened on Monday. ($3,885)

Not likely.
mazag08
AG
FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

ag94whoop said:

when yall sell covered calls, what % of your shares in a particular position do you usually target?
FJ....how do you determine what CC to buy in relation to current price and trajectory of the stock price? Is there a different strategy for a MA stock vs any other stock?
I use the same process whether MA or not. I always sell them on a surge towards a resistance level never in a downtrend. The resistance level it is headed towards almost always causes a pause at least (if not rejection) so I set alerts before that level just a bit. The premium will drop quick on the pause so I sell them into and before it especially on a good surge.

In terms of what strike for me personally I sell the strike technicals show that I don't think it will get to, or at least a double on the shares. Time frame can be anywhere from a month out to longer but I like the 1-2 month range personally. I like to work the process of buying them back with any volatility for cash flow/cost basis reductions and reselling next leg up again.

Hope that helps.

Perfect strategy.

I do an analysis of the greeks to determine what I think the high point of each CC will be. Ideally, it would hit that point prior to my target date and I would sell them and then watch as theta decay kicks in, they fall further out of the money, or both.
austinAG90
AG
Now that GME is over for the week we can get back to real investing.
zag213004
AG
Andy07 said:

mazag08 said:

Engine10 said:

House voting on Stimulus today...macro pullback prior to approval (assuming it breezes Senate) making some sense, technicals aside
Wasn't the upside of stimulus already priced into the market?

The pullback has been a mix of profit taking and rising treasury rates. I don't think anything regarding the stimulus is going to do anything other than signal a short term bottom. But if $15MW is included (or even looks like its gaining traction), this thing could pullback farther as the market begins to price that in.
I think stimulus upside has been priced in, however the market doesn't like uncertainty so before key dates we'll have volatility which is what we're seeing today

See I think there will be a surge post stimulus and once the checks enter the market... Market makers want to take that new retail money that has entered the market. At least that's my opinion. I could be wrong
mazag08
AG
So load up on FIVE stock and sell in two weeks?
wanderer
FJ43 said:

Everyone load up on DNN below a buck?
Sold a bunch of 3/19 $1 puts for 20 cents.
FJ43
mazag08 said:

FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

ag94whoop said:

Hope that helps.

Perfect strategy.

I do an analysis of the greeks to determine what I think the high point of each CC will be. Ideally, it would hit that point prior to my target date and I would sell them and then watch as theta decay kicks in, they fall further out of the money, or both.
I probably should clarify the 'double' strike on the shares applies to most of all these accumulation plays. I don't for example pick $50 strike for a $24 PLTR share. I would probably do April 35s (heavy resistance at 36ish) and be happy taken out for 50+% gain in a 6-7 weeks on half, or my cost basis lowered by 1.50 a share.

CW2011
AG
Did the same. As well as rebought shares at $1.
YNWA_AG
AG

Another one
Post removed:
by user
sts7049
AG
was just about to post about that

RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
sts7049 said:

was just about to post about that

Pretty damning thread
UpstateAg
AG
Is anyone else seeing some massive random volume on DPW a little bit ago?
sts7049
AG
yeah that thread doesn't have a very good look to it for sure.

i bought some april $5 puts super quick to see if i can make a few more bucks. i only have 400 shares net free and i've locked my profits in on this one so if it dies, so be it.
tsuag10
AG
It's so hard to trust these guys. I'm guessing someone has kept track of how many times they have been right/wrong. It would be interesting to see their "hit %"
FJ43
UpstateAg said:

Is anyone else seeing some massive random volume on DPW a little bit ago?
Nothing out of the ordinary.

YNWA_AG
AG
Anyone looking at qd leaps now that we are approaching $2. Looks likes resistance would be around 1.93?
gougler08
AG
Hey SPY, finish with a hammer and not hanging man technical...k thanks
FJ43
So if SPY makes to 385.5 again and bounces I think I will be adding some March 5 370 hedges. Just a little insurance.

That will be two attempts at a key level to recapture and fail.

Post removed:
by user
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
covered my GME short
FJ43
third coast.. said:

Buying puts, correct?
Yep. Thats what I am thinking at the moment anyway. Just not feeling confident to go into the weekend without something on unless this captures pretty soundly the SPY 385.5 (3855 SPX) level.

McInnis 03
AG
So busy at work......Total bummer because I guarantee you when I would've heard Benzinga Charlie talk about the short report on SOS....... that's one of the Sure Play's where you can buy some puts just below the money and make a killing if you are fast
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Ccutamu
FJ43 said:

Ccutamu said:

FJ43 said:

ag94whoop said:

Hope that helps.

Absolutely! Thanks brother!
Bought TSLA Feb 26th butterfly 685-700-715 call butterfly for 3.3 debit
Buy to open one 685 call
Sell to open two 700 calls
Buy to open one 715 call

mazag08
AG
SOS down $1.50.

It's absolutely amazing the manipulation power one company has on stocks, correct or not.
Post removed:
by user
Michael Cera Palin
AG
third coast.. said:

mazag08 said:

SOS down $1.50.

It's absolutely amazing the manipulation power one company has on stocks, correct or not.

Yea but is there a class action lawsuit
Have you or a loved one been hurt by CLOV? Better call Saul!

First Page Last Page
Page 3356 of 6618

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.