Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,037,744 Views | 231639 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Heineken-Ashi
FriscoAg95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Where did you see this? I'm on the other side with THCB...
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
I think a fund blew up.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Seems like a great opportunity to load up on bigc coming after their awesome earnings?
TecRecAg
AG
Probably the best $53 you'll ever spend.
ClutchCityAg
$30,000 Millionaire said:

I think a fund blew up.
Bc of GME?
Let it ride
jj9000
AG
EngrAg14 said:

leoj said:

TMOOSE said:

So, is it safe to say that this was the huge "correction"

Nope

377 then 358 then 338 then 286..
377 will be hit within the next few days if not tomorrow or Monday.

358 would be the correction territory and large would be 338. If it goes below that there's bigger issues.

Yes, please.
LOYAL AG
AG
wmitchell said:

another covered call question. does it take into effect AH movement on expiration date? I wouldnt think so but wanted to confirm. Have some 1.5 SNDL expiring tomorrow.
Catching up on this thread and noticed you didn't get an answer. Yes, the holder of that contract has 90 minutes AH on expiration date to make a decision not to exercise their option. I've yet to have one not assign that was ITM but it can happen.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
Ornithopter
AG

I think a fund blew up.

I'm interested in knowing more!
$30,000 Millionaire
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

I think a fund blew up.
Bc of GME?
unknown, but relentless selling like this is algos.
ClutchCityAg
TecRecAg said:

Probably the best $53 you'll ever spend.
Closed at $64, feels good to see some green
Let it ride
LOYAL AG
AG

I think a fund blew up.
what does that mean?
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
tsuag10
AG
$AAPL 7.57M Vol at the close
Ragoo
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I think a fund blew up.
what does that mean?
someone was liquidating, fast
irish pete ag06
AG
That news put WKHS into a picture perfect bullish pennant into the close.
Spaceship
AG
Don't look at the one month chart on CLOV. Don't do it.
ClutchCityAg
Spaceship said:

Don't look at the one month chart on CLOV. Don't do it.
cant be as bad as the one month chart for my account
Let it ride
AgsnFly
AG
LOYAL AG said:

I think a fund blew up.
what does that mean?

It may mean that an extremely large fund (or several) was very long equity against interest rates or was very short gamma on equity indices. Probably the former. As traders, it is valuable to know if price moves are exasperated due to blow-ups versus fundamental price reactions.
E
AG
Every single one of my positions closed out red.... that's a first
Brewmaster
AG

I think a fund blew up.
Why in the hell would they short GME after last time?? Are funds really this stupid.
FJ43
AgsnFly said:

LOYAL AG said:

I think a fund blew up.
what does that mean?

It may mean that an extremely large fund (or several) was very long equity against interest rates or was very short gamma on equity indices. Probably the former. As traders, it is valuable to know if price moves are exasperated due to blow-ups versus fundamental price reactions.

That is all above my pay grade.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FbgTxAg
AG
TSNP with a 4:1 Reverse Split. Will be HMBL in a month.

Once this market chicanery is over where do we see this price settling in?
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My tax refund hit before close so I dumped it into AAPL before the closing bell.

Turnaround starts tomorrow, right?
McInnis 03
AG
FriscoAg95 said:

Where did you see this? I'm on the other side with THCB...
Came across the Benzinga news service.
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
Barnyard96
AG
FbgTxAg said:

IIs $10 too optimistic?
FbgTxAg
AG
barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

IIs $10 too optimistic?

After the split my avg in will be $4 I guess since I bought all my shares for $1.

So I'd be all about $10.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
Barnyard96
AG
FbgTxAg said:

barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

IIs $10 too optimistic?

After the split my avg in will be $4 I guess since I bought all my shares for $1.

So I'd be all about $10.
I am in a 1.13 so I am in the truck with you.
TubTub
BREwmaster said:

I think a fund blew up.
Why in the hell would they short GME after last time?? Are funds really this stupid.
They never got out
ag94whoop
AG
AgsnFly said:

ag94whoop said:

Well today has been an absolute bloodbath for me. A week ago I was up 20% for the year. As of now I'm down 20% for the year I've lost 40% of my value in my trading account in in three days. Holy crap. Tough lesson to learn.

Not to lecture but trading is all about discipline. This should never happen to a trader - investors are different. Which are you? Disciplined traders take losses when markets say they are wrong. Use stops if you are trading and think of high water marks on your account.
Despite years of experience in business and entrepreneurship, I am literally a newborn in trading.
First ever trade was Jan 14, 2021, literally 6 weeks experience.

No one has directly taught me anything and what I have learned I learned on youtube and on here from you gentlemen, although sometimes I feel like yall speak a completely different language...lol. I missed OAs previous course. I started by swing trading stuff I knew like SNAP, UPWK, HD, APPL, SDC, PINS, PENN etc and frankly did ok, but the market was always good so I guess in hindsight any dummy could have done as well. I then followed a few Texags buys like WWR, EBON, ONTX, XL etc and made even better money. SO I then dove hard into CLOV, WWR again at higher price, DPW, and a bunch of others and I now know I missed the buys on several and the market has tanked on them all.

I dont ever day trade, but what I was primarily doing was swing trading for income with 2 day to 2 week target flips. While I am slowly learning charting, and can see market swings to a degree, I am very raw and inexperienced and there is SO much I dont know. I fully admit I am poor at understanding options trading and since I dont understand it well I dont do it, which kills some of my ability to hedge. I know I need to learn this. I am signed up to take OA's class this Saturday, although I coach soccer and may not be able to watch live unless it rains.

In addition, I am using You Invest which I dont think is very user friendly and I am not sure how to set stop losses on it. I have been doing everything manually outside of limit buy and sells.

I realize I made several poor buy price decisions and several poor "non sale" decisions. Those are wrecking me big time. But I DO think they may be good long term, although the continuous daily sliding is concerning.

From Jan 14 to Feb 4 I traded for $32k in realized gain. Since then, that has completely eroded (mostly in the last few days) to a $8k loss. At this point, I honestly dont know how to proceed. My gut instinct is that my 4 biggest current losers (WWR, CLOV, DPW and TLRY) will rebound at some point and become profitable if I am willing to hold them for months. Not sure what to do with the rest. I know the first thing I need to do is learn how to trade options so I can attempt to hedge.

I dont have any problem humbly admitting that I dont know what I am doing and love to hear guidance from a bunch of good Ags. I know yall will help and eventually I will learn this stuff and begin to make some money at it.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

IIs $10 too optimistic?

So I'd be all about $10.

400 @ .49, now 100 @ 1.96
ag94whoop
AG
I also just realized that half my posts are novels....lol
Barnyard96
AG
NRD09 said:

barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

barnyard1996 said:

FbgTxAg said:

IIs $10 too optimistic?

So I'd be all about $10.

400 @ .49, now 100 @ 1.96
Where you guys seeing the split?
tsuag10
AG
$RKT up a little AH
jj9000
AG
ag94whoop said:

AgsnFly said:

ag94whoop said:

Well today has been an absolute bloodbath for me. A week ago I was up 20% for the year. As of now I'm down 20% for the year I've lost 40% of my value in my trading account in in three days. Holy crap. Tough lesson to learn.

Not to lecture but trading is all about discipline. This should never happen to a trader - investors are different. Which are you? Disciplined traders take losses when markets say they are wrong. Use stops if you are trading and think of high water marks on your account.
Despite years of experience in business and entrepreneurship, I am literally a newborn in trading.
First ever trade was Jan 14, 2021, literally 6 weeks experience.

No one has directly taught me anything and what I have learned I learned on youtube and on here from you gentlemen, although sometimes I feel like yall speak a completely different language...lol. I missed OAs previous course. I started by swing trading stuff I knew like SNAP, UPWK, HD, APPL, SDC, PINS, PENN etc and frankly did ok, but the market was always good so I guess in hindsight any dummy could have done as well. I then followed a few Texags buys like WWR, EBON, ONTX, XL etc and made even better money. SO I then dove hard into CLOV, WWR again at higher price, DPW, and a bunch of others and I now know I missed the buys on several and the market has tanked on them all.

I dont ever day trade, but what I was primarily doing was swing trading for income with 2 day to 2 week target flips. While I am slowly learning charting, and can see market swings to a degree, I am very raw and inexperienced and there is SO much I dont know. I fully admit I am poor at understanding options trading and since I dont understand it well I dont do it, which kills some of my ability to hedge. I know I need to learn this. I am signed up to take OA's class this Saturday, although I coach soccer and may not be able to watch live unless it rains.

In addition, I am using You Invest which I dont think is very user friendly and I am not sure how to set stop losses on it. I have been doing everything manually outside of limit buy and sells.

I realize I made several poor buy price decisions and several poor "non sale" decisions. Those are wrecking me big time. But I DO think they may be good long term, although the continuous daily sliding is concerning.

From Jan 14 to Feb 4 I traded for $32k in realized gain. Since then, that has completely eroded (mostly in the last few days) to a $8k loss. At this point, I honestly dont know how to proceed. My gut instinct is that my 4 biggest current losers (WWR, CLOV, DPW and TLRY) will rebound at some point and become profitable if I am willing to hold them for months. Not sure what to do with the rest. I know the first thing I need to do is learn how to trade options so I can attempt to hedge.

I dont have any problem humbly admitting that I dont know what I am doing and love to hear guidance from a bunch of good Ags. I know yall will help and eventually I will learn this stuff and begin to make some money at it.

This reads to me that you've lost money on paper.

If you own shares in WWR/CLOV/DPW/TLRY...etc...none of those are realized losses.

You don't lose money until you sell your positions.

Keep your head up, and give it some time for your holdings to rebound.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
FbgTxAg posted it
Lol
FJ43

Funny how this all works. I present today's SPY in the white box. Ended basically same place we visited just 2 days ago.

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

First Page Last Page
Page 3346 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.