Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,046,314 Views | 231655 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by Heineken-Ashi
Mostly Foggy Recollection
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I wonder what the average class year/age is here... and years of experience.

Anyone care to share that?

I'm class of 2004. Investing experience of 19 years. True trading experience of 13 years, although the years between my wife popping out babies were much lighter in terms of quantity of trades.
YNWA_AG
AG
Ark bought the SQ dip
Agswinning
$30,000 Millionaire said:

Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

A significant portion of my current net work originated with buying $2C on Citigroup when it went down to $0.90/share in early 2009. I had just gotten a sales commission check and I backed up the truck in a grossly irresponsible manner. That trade made me a millionaire.

YOLO.

Yeah we all have irresponsible trades in our first few years of trading existence. Yours was a grand slam.
In hindsight, it was so stupid. I would never do it now, but that's also why i'm not making 20% account gains week to week either!

That's awesome. I had a buddy who bought like 10000 shares of Bank of America for a dollar at that time. Think he sold at $10. I was pretty envious to say the least.
Brewmaster
AG

Cost basis of $40,000 in calls.

Cashed out $419,000. GILD

I still have 4,500 shares of GILD that I'm waiting to dump in a year or two when I believe it will be north of 150.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

1,500 shares of TSLA. Cost basis of $88

Sold 700 shares around $200. The remaining 500 were sold this year in the 800s.

300 shares left. TSLA is my bank when I have conviction in another boomer.

Based on my feelings on the blockchain stocks we have found sub 10, I believe a couple of those could be 5 baggers in the next 12-18 months. Mainly DPW and NXTD.

WWR is going to be a 3-5 bagger for most of us.

I missed MARA and sold MGNI way too early and that sucked for me, but I'm really happy to see most of y'all do well on that.
MFR, you sure your initials aren't BMF? Damn son! Glad to hear you like DPW and NXTD.

As OA said, any blockchain stock with competent leadership is going to enter a "golden era" soon if it hasn't already started.
MEag02
AG

I'm class of 2004. Investing experience of 19 years. True trading experience of 13 years, although the years between my wife popping out babies were much lighter in terms of quantity of trades.

2002 here and about 15 years
Fightin_Aggie
AG
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/magnite-4q-earnings-snapshot-222913298.html

Thoughts on MGNI? Still have net free shares. I think it has more downside then up over the next year.

Anyone else still holding?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
CPDAggie10
AG
Been a while since I've posted, real job is getting in the way. Someone brought $HYLN to my attention. Similar Biden play as $XL with converting vehicles to electric.

Chart looks interesting to me. Possible left goal post formed and trying to re-claim 50 and 21 DMA.

Thoughts?

Brewmaster
AG

class of '01, 2-ish years of experience now, 1 1/2 of it spent being a dumba** bagholding and yolo-ing. BUT, I have done 200% in the past 2 months in an IRA (selling cc's on net free holdings, flipping MARA, FUTU and others). Brokerage account is still a work in progress, need to play a lot more leaps and sell more cc's.
Ragoo
AG
Not a very patient trader and has cost me a lot of gains and instead realized losses.
Jet Black
I've got about $100k. Tell me how to make a quick million or so. Appreciate it!
Brewmaster
AG
Ragoo said:

Not a very patient trader and has cost me a lot of gains and instead realized losses.
this is exactly my problem. Although on fruit stock I was way too patient.
Jet Black
Ragoo said:

Same
I love LEAPS especially in a market like this one. I posted about GILD 2023 LEAPS last night.

You just have to be patient. I've had leaps that doubled quickly. HEXO being a recent example so I went net free and will enjoy the ride.

I believe you AMC folks had some leaps go bonkers recently.
LOYAL AG
AG
JimSA said:

A significant portion of my current net work originated with buying $2C on Citigroup when it went down to $0.90/share in early 2009. I had just gotten a sales commission check and I backed up the truck in a grossly irresponsible manner. That trade made me a millionaire.

YOLO.

Yeah we all have irresponsible trades in our first few years of trading existence. Yours was a grand slam.
In hindsight, it was so stupid. I would never do it now, but that's also why i'm not making 20% account gains week to week either!

That's awesome. I had a buddy who bought like 10000 shares of Bank of America for a dollar at that time. Think he sold at $10. I was pretty envious to say the least.
There's a thread on this forum titled something like, "It's time for Bank of America" or something along those lines. IIRC it was sub-$5 at that time. Nice call, obviously.
A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
mazag08
AG
Aggies75455 said:

Anyone mentioned or looked into LYSCF? Looks like the Australian MP. Currently trading at 4.73.

I owned this yearssss ago. Held it for a long time before finally just getting out.
agdaddy04
AG
I've got a question regarding the APPHW warrants I purchased awhile back. I realize I probably won't be able to exercise them until May, but I can't find good instructions regarding how to do that on TOS.
zag213004
AG

2010, 1 year of active investing experience. Started because of the value to be had beginning of pandemic, working at home, and looked for extra money to offset the initial cost of having twins as we had just found out babies 3 and 4 were on the way. I have passed that and am looking to grow my acct more and more
zwhag2010 said:

2010, 1 year of active investing experience. Started because of the value to be had beginning of pandemic, working at home, and looked for extra money to offset the initial cost of having twins as we had just found out babies 3 and 4 were on the way. I have passed that and am looking to grow my acct more and more

God Bless you sir. Two sets of twins!
zag213004
AG

zwhag2010 said:

To clarify I have a 5 and 3 yr old and 5 month old twins
cjo03
AG

Someone should dust off the anonymous B&I survey from a few years ago.. someone around here will remember what it was called.
Quite the basketball team you have building there.
I didn't actively come on this thread until late last year, so I don't recall that.
LOYAL AG
AG
Curious on the board's thoughts on some of the "smaller" oil plays now that the price is creeping back up. Oil is pushing $64 which is going to breathe life into a number of companies. We've talked XOM and I'm going to take a hard look at them tomorrow but another one I've been in and out of recently with cc's is APA. It's at a lower price point but the chart looks very similar to XOM. They just had earnings today and had a nice beat and apparently good guidance.

Chart is weekly. I play primarily M-F cc's so that's my timeframe.

The red horizontal lines are my MT, at least I think they are. I have to confess to having read that for months on this board not knowing what the hell y'all were talking about until I finally went back to post #1 and figured it out. LOL

The blue line is my cc for this week.

A fearful society is a compliant society. That's why Democrats and criminals prefer their victims to be unarmed. Gun Control is not about guns, it's about control.
mazag08
AG
I'm not sure if I actually ever read this thread prior to January. I figured it was a generic "oh no! We're doomed!" thread. Had no idea it was for active traders. I've been investing since 2010ish, but very passively.. mostly long term holds with dividends. I just never had the time to log in during the weekdays and pay attention. Covid changed that, and then someone clued me in to what this thread really is.

I'm a (non-VBA) excel dork. So I've got numerous spreadsheets tracking all sorts of stuff. My favorite is my black and scholes model. If anyone has experience building or using one of these, I'd love to know your success rate from it. I've only recently developed it.
McInnis 03
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

NVDA

That 6mil Call sweeper prolly on suicide watch

I have little doubt this runs after the sell off. That's why they bought time
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
DisAg
Waking up at 2:50am, markets ought to be chaotic tomorrow
backintexas2013
AG
I bought some GTT just as a gamble play based off some tweets. I know stupid but in my gambling account.
zag213004
AG

Quite the basketball team you have building there.

There won't be a full starting roster. I have ensured that
BrokeAssAggie
zwhag2010 said:

zwhag2010 said:

To clarify I have a 5 and 3 yr old and 5 month old twins

We have 10,8,5 and 15 month olds twins. Never a dulll moment at our house.
MaroonDynasty
LOYAL AG said:

Curious on the board's thoughts on some of the "smaller" oil plays now that the price is creeping back up. Oil is pushing $64 which is going to breathe life into a number of companies. We've talked XOM and I'm going to take a hard look at them tomorrow but another one I've been in and out of recently with cc's is APA. It's at a lower price point but the chart looks very similar to XOM. They just had earnings today and had a nice beat and apparently good guidance.

Chart is weekly. I play primarily M-F cc's so that's my timeframe.

The red horizontal lines are my MT, at least I think they are. I have to confess to having read that for months on this board not knowing what the hell y'all were talking about until I finally went back to post #1 and figured it out. LOL

The blue line is my cc for this week.

I'm in XOM, ENLC and KOS. Oil party is going to heat up, if I'm paying $3-4 for gas soon, might as well cash in on some oil stocks.
Time for a snip
Maximus_Meridius
AG

2007, started trading late August 2019 with 2k. I'm trying to learn carefully and avoid making moves that would blow up my account. I've gotten up to roughly 30k, now. Trying to study and research outside of trading hours is a wee bit difficult with a 4 month old...
David_Puddy
AG
UncleNateFitch said:

Ferris Wheel Allstar said:

whoever posted yesterday that GME under $40 (or $50) is intriguing, I hope you bought
Yep - I got in at $39. I set a sell order at $350 just for fun.

This sounds like some of the advice that the actual Uncle Nate Fitch was giving Johnny in college.
BrokeAssAggie

Time for a snip

Her tubes have been fully removed. I saw the doc put them in a jar.
First Page Last Page
Page 3333 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.