Business & Investing
Sponsored by

Stock Markets

24,050,823 Views | 231664 Replies | Last: 2 min ago by I bleed maroon
Ragoo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Trading BTC futures tonight?
Talon2DSO
AG
We still holding SNDL? Any fear of a R/S sending it down to .20 or .10 per share?
BrokeAssAggie
FbgTxAg
AG
Talon2DSO said:

We still holding SNDL? Any fear of a R/S sending it down to .20 or .10 per share?
After the last week, my brokerage account may as well be a retirement account. I'm out of cash and down about 15%. So I'm gonna play golf for a week or two until all this shlt gets back into the green so I can think about selling.

Diamondhandslikeamofo.
The greatest argument ever made against democracy is a 5 minute conversation with the average voter.
TubTub
Lots of lesson learnt today:

1) I was full of FOMO last week. Everything that was mentioned by Dick and Harry on the internet, I bought. Not sure how exactly many positions I had but it took awhile to scroll through everything. It was unmanageable. Days like today help separate out the betas. Need to just concentrate on the stocks that I REALLY like.

2) I need to have an equivalent of a sock drawer for the net free shares. I prefer not to look at these everyday but I have to since those are in same account as everything else. These are both in taxable and Roth. Not sure what to do. Does Schwab/ TDA/Fidelity allow you to create a another account under your name and you just tell them what shares to transfer over?

3) Because of #1 above, I didn't manage my options properly. I didn't close ITM options and got assigned shares that I didn't want. Got burned by those stocks today.....$WKHS

4) As somebody mentioned, my portfolio was also way too exposed to EV and cypto. I don't have a good way to look at the forest but will need to keep eye on this moving forward.
Brewmaster
AG
Talon2DSO said:

zero for me. I bought a bunch more today. They have cash on hand and are debt free. The move it made last time to $4+ was massive volume. Also, a 5 mil volume buy popped up today. Once money rotates back into weed it will rocket.
Mostly Foggy Recollection

Max Stonetrail
These have been a couple of rough weeks. When this thread got hot around the Gamestop hoopla, those were two of the best weeks I remember. I know I certainly got complacent in picking stocks and watching my portfolio. Nearly every stock named here was a winner and some were huge. My experience since beginning trading in 1998 is there is a happy medium, but it's like a hot and cold craps table sometime.

Today started out bad. I was saved by some lucky scalping in NVDA and NFLX and the rebound in SPY. I also bought some AMD when it was down, unfortunately not in the 79s where it fell to (was at the dentist), but in the 81s. I think it is a gift this low. It is more of a buy and hold, but in my opinion you can't go wrong with a stock that was the #1 S&P stock in 2018 and 2019, although it did drop to #7 in 2020 with a mere 100% return. I also added to my QCOM position today.

For reference, my other longs are SPLK, ULTA, CPRI, CHDN, ANET, WDAY and PEP. I have been selling CC against the ones with decent volatility. Learning to use covered calls has been invaluable. I also thought the weekly options were incredibly risky out of ignorance, yet now I am selling CC every week. I am counting up the money I could have made if I had been using this strategy for years instead of days.

I also have a learning experience of the good kind with my AMD position that got called away on 2/12 at $92. Well, I'm now buying that back in the low $80s. That took away a lot of the fear and uncertainty of getting called. It also happened with my CPRI long at $46 and I built it back in the $43s and $44s.

With my play money, I am right there with the majority here in CLOV, DNN (heavy), RUN, FUBO, GSAT, DPW, NIO and some others I can't remember at the moment. I just have to hold these and hope they come around. I also have some rotting fruit options, which I think are the bad fruit in the bunch.

I've been doing this for 20+ years, and hey, I am finally learning something!
AgsnFly
AG
Ragoo said:

No position right now other than long a few spot coins and gbtc that I never touch. Admittedly, wish I hadn't taken profits on the /BTC contracts I bought this morning. This contract is difficult to trade at these levels. It was much easier staying long from $10k to $40k.
jj9000
AG
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Looks like a cup and handle to me.
HalifaxAg
AG
Max Stonetrail said:

I've been doing this for 20+ years, and hey, I am finally learning something!
et tu Brute
Red Red Wine
AG
That was actually pretty damn well done!
Ragoo
AG
AgsnFly said:

Ragoo said:

No position right now other than long a few spot coins and gbtc that I never touch. Admittedly, wish I hadn't taken profits on the /BTC contracts I bought this morning. This contract is difficult to trade at these levels. It was much easier staying long from $10k to $40k.
you trading the March contracts. The volume appears to be almost nothing.
Took a small position today and may add more, but this one could be interesting.... KXIN

FJ43
Morning gents!

Here's to today being one to show some recovery of those 'Daily P&Ls' (although I don't pay too much attention to it it still looks cool).

Trade wisely.
Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.
Proverbs 13:11

FJ43
Mostly Foggy Recollection said:

Took a small position today and may add more, but this one could be interesting.... KXIN

Kinda like this one. Added a few things here I see.

• Volume can get lost on those recent spike so two views both daily.
  • Goal posts with gradual volume increase post spikes. Not heavy continuation.
  • Large volume buys followed by low volume steps offs. Big money still in this.
  • Solid support at about $3.00 where big money lives.
  • 8/21/50/200 all wadded up here.
  • My favorite type of play in a consolidation channel with room to work. 30% approx. low to high channel.
  • Flat vs. Index
  • Not heavily impacted by volatility
  • T3 Risk/Reward 1/5
  • And....while Chinese auto used cars (but much contract type) it is still China Joe

Wealth gained hastily will dwindle. but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.

McInnis 03
AG
Asia had a rough day. Euro mixed. We're up a small bit. HODL the line!
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
ETH - Extended Trading Hours --- RTH - Regular Trading Hours
ORH - Opening Range (1st 30min) High --- ORL - Opening Range Low
R1, R2, R3 - Resistance 1, 2, or 3 --- S1, S2, S3 - Support 1, 2 or 3
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

Asia had a rough day. Euro mixed. We're up a small bit. HODL the line!
While his language is less than desired Portnoy was on fire yesterday with the green hammers over his shoulders and Twitter posts ranting. He has a bit of energy for sure. He is all about holding the line and DO NOT SELL.

BrokeAssAggie
How will an EO fix the problem?

BrokeAssAggie
Now the government are the experts in supply chain management. What a joke!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2021/2/24/22298376/biden-sign-semiconductor-shortage-executive-order-apple-amd-playstation
McInnis 03
AG
CrazyRichAggie said:

How will an EO fix the problem?

Something something defense act?
***If this post is on Business and Investing, take it with a grain of salt. I am wrong way more than I am right (but I am less wrong than I used to be) and if you follow me you will be too.***

B&I Key:
McInnis 03
AG
$GSAT closed at 1.67, ran to 2.60 this morning in pre-market back down to 2.06

Someone loaded hard this am

B&I Key:
sts7049
AG
this is basically all our government does now, issue EOs instead of passing bills.
sts7049
AG
i bought some 2$ calls yesterday...i like this news
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Sounds like a bunch of small semis with relatives of Ds in Congress are about to get government grants to waste our tax dollars increase domestic chip manufacturing.
mazag08
AG
Quote:

Outside of the semiconductor supply chain, Biden's order also calls for similar reviews into the defense, public health, biological preparedness, information communications technology, transportation, and energy and food production sectors, the administration officials said.

So outside of semiconductors which comprises multiple industries the Obama admin regulated us to the back seat in, this EO is going to address every industry.

Every single industry should be scared to death of the looming big government disguised as help.
BrokeAssAggie
Well maybe we see a little bump in our mining stocks because of the EO.
FJ43
McInnis 03 said:

$GSAT closed at 1.67, ran to 2.60 this morning in pre-market back down to 2.06

Someone loaded hard this am
I'm literally watching this one when you posted. Watching MT on it for a trade.

HelloUncleNateFitch
$NVDA earnings coming today - expected to be positive news. Could see a nice bump on this one after yesterday.

Biden's EO could be more fuel here?
FJ43
BTC at 51k up from yesterday's 45k low. May see a little bump on crypto plays today.

sts7049
AG
i was just noticing SOS up again premarket, and i looked at bitcoin and it's over 50k again.

in fact looking at the 7 day trend of both they look pretty similar
Ragoo
AG
Mara +$6 PM
Aggie118
AG
I'm finding the only way to stomach this corrupt/fraudulent administration that I whole heartedly disagree with on just about everything is to at least profit from their stupidity and corruption.
gougler08
AG
FJ43 said:

BTC at 51k up from yesterday's 45k low. May see a little bump on crypto plays today.
Ugh, missed the dip yesterday on DPW...stupid work
NVDA ER Spreads?
First Page Last Page
Page 3321 of 6619

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.